Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - So This is What I Missed

After 10 years of seperation Misty is reunited with old friends. Will she stay friends or put a certain someone in the past and keep him there? AshxMisty

Chapter 3 - So This is What I Missed

Chapter 3 - So This is What I Missed
Well here is chapter 3 guys sorry for the set back! Hope you like ^_^


*From Previous Chapter*

She felt the soft comforter around her, same comforter, same desk, same color, same Ash. She smiled to herself as she fell into a blissful sleep. ‘She did it again’ said one side of her mind. Yup. Agreed the other. She fell back in love with him.

*End of Flashback*

The sun rose over the peaceful hills of Pallet Town. People began to start their daily routine, mail boy driving around handing out the newspapers, kids running off to school, parents driving quickly for that meeting, the everyday hustle and bustle of Pallet Town. Misty finally awoke when the sun shone through her window, and with a stretch and quick yawn, she sat herself up. She wore a genuine smile on her face, feeling a kind of feeling she hadn’t felt in a long time, but it soon faded when she looked around to her unfamiliar surroundings. Where am I? She asked her self puzzled but then remembered she spent the night at Ash’s house. She got out of bed and stole a quick glance at the mirror.

“Woah, I’m a mess.” Misty said to herself. She quickly brushed her teeth, washed her face, and combed through her hair to make it look neater. Putting on her robe she walked down the stairs following a sweet smell of pancakes that filled the room. When she walked into the kitchen she was surprised to see Ash over the stove cooking and flipping pancakes in his blue robe.

“Ash?” She asked.

“Oh morning Mist.” He said in his normal cheery tone. “Hope pancakes are alright?” He asked her setting a plate of 2 pancakes in front of her with a smiley face on it.

“Yeah its fine.” She said taking a seat at the table and she began digging into her pancakes. “Since when do you cook?”

“Misty I’m 21, I’m not totally incompetent.” He joked joining her at the table with his breakfast. Misty just gave a smile laugh and continued eating.

“So Ash what’s new with you?” She asked trying to get rid of the silence there was besides the scraping of forks on plates.

“Nothing really I guess, I got into the Elite Four 3 years ago, which is pretty close to my dream of being a Pokemon Master.” He said shrugging his shoulders while taking a sip of his juice.

“Congratulations, that’s great Ash.” She complimented him, never knowing he actually got that far. He smiled at her and kept going.

“Yeah its great, it’s got its downs too of course, being recognized everywhere, luckily since Pallet is so small its not such a big deal anymore when I go out, but the press is hard to escape sometimes.” He told her. “What about you Miss I Want To Be A Water Master? How’s your life coming along?” He asked her taking a forkful of a pancake and putting it in his mouth.

“Me? Well I’m running the gym now and nothing really otherwise, just back where I started I guess.” She said a little regretfully. Ash just nodded at her and the conversation ended. Both wanted to say something more but what could be said? After a few minutes Misty spoke up.

“I’m going to go take a shower if you don’t mind Ash.” She said grabbing her plate and setting it in the sink.

“Oh yeah go right ahead.” He told her following her tactic. Misty just smiled and disappeared up the stairs. Ash just sighed and inwardly cursed himself for not saying anything else. You’re such a coward. He then headed to the guest bathroom to get changed as well.
--

Misty hummed to herself in the shower as she rinsed the shampoo out of her hair. While the hot water was rushing onto her body, she let her mind wander away. Wasn’t that was a great conversation. She thought sarcastically. What happened to, oh we will talk about what happened, why it did. We didn’t even touch the subject! He hasn’t seemed he changed really though. Oh shut up Misty and forget about this kid, by later today you will be back in Cerulean and this whole soap opera will be done with. Misty thought as she turned off the shower and began to dry herself off. She went back to the room and began to sort through her bag for something to wear. Deciding on wearing a nice blue tank top to go with a cute jean skirt her sister gave her a few years back, she finished getting dressed and headed downstairs to see what else she could get out of Mr. Pokemon Master. To her surprise, she saw a couple sitting on the couch while talking to Ash, a very familiar couple. Ash turned around and gaped at the beauty standing in front of him. When the couple took note of her entrance also one of them squealed with delight and ran up to give her a hug.

“Oh Misty I haven’t seen you in ages!” she exclaimed not letting go of the hug. I see she hasn’t changed either. Misty thought with a smile.

“Its great to see you too Mrs. Ketchum.” She replied a little strained from the lack of air.

“Um mom, a little to much?” Ash said a little embarrassed seeing the color change in Misty’s face from her normal peach color to a reddish color.

“Sorry dear.” She replied letting go of Misty. “My haven’t you grown into a beautiful young lady.” She said examining Misty fully to which Misty just blushed.

“Thanks Mrs. K, you look great too.” She replied when something caught her eye, a sparkling thing on her left hand’s ring finger. How long has that been there?

“Its great to see you Misty.” The second person said shaking her hand.

“Yeah Professor, its been a while.” She replied and noticed he too wore a band around his finger. She put two and two together and put on a small smile.

“How long have you two been married?” she asked curiously once everyone got over the excitement of her being there.

“Four great years. Right honey?” Mrs. Ketchum said putting her head on Professor Oak’s shoulder.

“That’s right Delia.” He said putting his arm around her waist. Suddenly a little ball of yellow came running into the room and jumped into Misty’s arms much to her delight.

“Oh my gosh! Pikachu!” She exclaimed surprised as it rubbed its head against her chest. All these memories reminded her of the old days. She pet his soft golden fur as she pondered back to her traveling days. Wow I guess I missed a few things in ten years. She sadly thought to herself trying to picture Mrs. Ketchum and Professor Oaks wedding and her not being there, Ash finally getting into the Elite and her not there to congratulate him and cheer him on, seeing Ash and Pikachu get stronger and fight through more adventures.

“I brought Pikachu back for you Ash, he’s gotten all his shots and he’s in tip top shape.” Professor Oak said breaking Misty out of he thoughts. She let Pikachu run back to his trainer and Pikachu licked Ash’s cheek before resting himself in his usual spot of Ash’s head.

“Thanks Professor.” He responded.

“Well we got to get going sadly, we just wanted to come by and see you Misty.” Mrs. Ketchum said opening the door. “Hope to see you soon Misty, bye sweetie!” She said to Ash and Misty, waving out the door with her husband.

“Yeah sure!” she said waving back and Ash shut the door as he waved good-bye to his mom.

“Sorry about that, she was just a little excited when I told her you were staying.” He said sitting on the couch.

“Its fine.” She said with a small laugh, taking a seat next to him. “So. What are we going to do today?” she asked a little nervously fiddling with her skirt a bit.

“Well I was thinking we could maybe go for lunch and then I don’t know a walk, and just talk?” he said explaining to her the plan that took him all night to think of.

“All right lets go!” She said springing up. Woah, a little too excited Misty? She thought mentally slapping herself. Don’t forget he’s the reason you are where you are, don’t fall for his nicey nice act. Ash secretly smiled at her response and re opened the door grabbing a light jacket.

“After you.” He said holding the door for Misty.

“Thank you.” Since when is he such a gentleman? The two walked around Pallet and decided to eat in a quaint French café. The waiter took them to their table and handed them their menus.

“I will be right back.” He said in a French accent. Ash just nodded his head and began scanning his menu but took small glances at Misty over the top of his menu. She has gotten prettier over the years, he thought to himself with a day dreamy look but when Misty felt like someone’s eyes were on her and looked up he quickly snapped his gaze back to the menu.

“So um, see anything you like.” He said trying to get rid of the red on his face.

“I think I’ll get a salad and maybe half a chicken sandwich.” She said setting down her menu. “You?”

“Probably a cheeseburger and fries.” He shrugged.

“Can I take your order for you and your wife?” Asked the waiter as he whipped out his notepad.

“Oh she’s not my wife, just a friend of mine.” Ash corrected him with a small blush. “Um I’ll have the cheeseburger, with the works, and she will have the salad with half a chicken sandwich.” He answered him handing him his menu along with Misty’s.

“Right away monsieur, so sorry about the confusion about you and your amie.” He apologized running off to the kitchen yelling at the cook in French. Misty inwardly laughed at the confusion. Countless times have Ash and I been confused as a couple, been a while though since that happened, probably since that gym leader….Misty thought sadly of the memory that shattered her. Ash noticed Misty went awfully quiet and felt worried.

“You ok Mist?” Misty perked up again at the sound of her nickname.

“Yeah I’m fine.” The waiter then brought out the food and the two ate in silence, their minds wandering into another world apart from their own. Ash ate his cheeseburger in record time. “I see you haven’t lost your big appetite.” Misty joked. Ash smiled at her joke and the rest of the lunch was finished in silence. Ash paid for the check, yet anther surprise to Misty, and the couple headed out the door. “ So where too?” she asked looking to the sky, it probably was around 5:30ish from the amount of sunlight out.

“Go for a walk maybe?” he asked and Misty nodded her head. He decided to be bold and make the first move by reaching out and intertwining his hand with hers. Misty felt a sudden shock, almost static like, when she felt his hand but for some reason didn’t move or pull away, she just waited for his next move. He smiled seeing she didn’t move away her hand and led her down the sidewalk towards a nice park surrounded by a lake. The birds flew around and kids were beginning to leave the park once the arrived there, as if they were leaving to give them privacy. The two just walked down the sidewalk next the lake reflecting the sunset that was begging to descend. “Wanna sit here?” he asked her by a grassy area under a tree.

“Sure.” She said sitting herself down on the soft grass and Ash took a seat next to her. With the sun going out of sight and the moon and stars taking the place of it, a brisk of wind began to flow in the air. Misty shivered a bit but then suddenly it went away when something hit her bare shoulders. Ash’s jacket? She pulled the collar a little closer to her neck and turned her face so she was looking at Ash, and then gave him a warm smile. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” He said reflecting her grin. Say something you idiot, you got her here, now sweep her off her feet, do something! The girl of your dreams is sitting inches away from you. “I’m glad you decided to stay for the day Mist.” He said trying to break the silence.

“It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.” She said still smiling. “ It was great to see your mom and everyone and just see what I missed.”

“I really missed you Mist.” He said scooting closer to her.

“Yeah me too.” She said softly. Hey watch it Waterflower don’t fall for it. “Hey Ash? Where do you think you would be if I didn’t run off?”

“What do you mean?” he asked her a little puzzled.

“I mean would you have fought to be where you still are or would things have been different if I stayed? Do you think my leaving helped you be where you are today?”

“Misty truth be told, everyday I regret that day we had that fight. If I could go back in time I’d do anything to have stopped you from leaving, it never was the same without you there with us. That’s why Brock eventually left and I took it solo with Pikachu.” He said sadly.

“Brock left?”

“Yeah a few weeks after you. I was going to quit right there and then but something inside me wouldn’t let me so I kept going, and now here I am.” He said with a shrug.

“I’m glad you didn’t quit.” She said softly leaning her head against his shoulder.

“Really?” he asked her surprised.

“Yeah, I probably wouldn’t have been able to live with myself if you did.” She said picking up her head and facing him again. He gave her smile and uncontrollably began to move closer to face. Misty automatically did the same thing and the two brushed lips and held a kiss, a sweet kiss, a kiss Misty always dreamed of encountering. Woah time out! Do you realize you are right now kissing Ash Ketchum? When Misty realized this she immediately broke the kiss and directed her gaze back to the lake.

“Sorry about that Misty.” He mumbled embarrassed of doing something like that out of the blue.

“Don’t be sorry.” She said flatly.

“Misty there is actually something I want to tell you.” He said nervously fiddling around with his fingers.

“What is it?” she asked turned her full attention to him.

“Mist I think I-“ Ash got interrupted by a melody. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. “One sec sorry. Hello?”

“Ashton Ketchum where have you been?! You’re not home, no note, its late, do you know how worried I am right now?” exclaimed a muffled voice through the phone.

“Mom I’m not a little kid anymore! I just went out to lunch with Misty and then went for a walk no big deal.” Ash explained to his mother. “Yeah ok mom I’m coming home, yeah we are both fine, yup love you too, bye.” Ash finished hanging up the phone. “You’d think after all these years I’d gain a little independency but guess not.” Ash said with a laugh as he stood himself up and reached out his hand to help Misty up.

“Still mommy’s little boy after all these years?” she joked accepting his outstretched hand and pulled her self up.

“Guess so.” He said smiling and leading her back towards the house. Both tried to ignore the fact that just moments ago they were sharing a kiss and just walked together in awkward silence. What was he trying to tell me before? She asked herself puzzled but then saw the house in view with figure she made out to be a furious Mrs. Ketchum tapping her foot on the front step.

“There you are!” she exclaimed enveloping both Misty and Ash in a worried hug. “I was scared something happened to you.” She finished letting go.

“We’re fine mom thanks.” He said getting inside. Mrs. Ketchum had a surprised look on her face when she saw Ash’s jacket on Misty’s shoulders but then replaced it with a wide grin. Awh isn’t that adorable.

“Alright honey just checking. See you later.” She said giving him a kiss on the head. “Bye dear.” She said giving Misty a hug and then headed towards Professor Oak’s house.

“Bye Mrs. Ketchum.” Misty waved back. Misty handed Ash back his jacket. “Thanks Ash.” She said quietly.

“Sure.”

“I need to um call my sisters and tell them I’m probably going to go there tomorrow morning; its too late out to go there tonight.” She said quickly excusing herself and went up the stairs.

“Go ahead I’ll be right up.” He said when the doorbell rung. Who could it be at this late an hour? He opened the door to reveal the one person that could ruin this all. Oh shoot.

“Ashy I missed you!” squealed a brunette with a short skirt, heels and low cut top as she walked into the house and gave him a hug.

“Gina what are you doing here? I thought I made it clear we broke up.” He said sternly worming himself out of her grasp.

“Oh I knew you were just joking so I came by as a little surprise.” She said pulling herself into him and locking him into a kiss. Ash not knowing what to do just stood there till he heard another voice.

“Hey Ash I don’t think you phone is-” But when Misty saw the sight in front of her she dropped the phone hearing the phone shatter into pieces. Misty not sure what to do grabbed the bits of the phone and hid it behind her back.

“Misty!” He said pushing Gina away from him.

“Who’s that?” Gina asked in her preppy voice.

“Um Gina, this is Misty, a friend of mine, and Misty this is my friend Gina-”

“I’m his girlfriend.” She said proudly wrapping her arms around Ash’s arm. How in the world did I ever go out with someone like her? This chick is a complete psycho! Ash asked himself madly remembering how it was a publicity act, one he really didn’t enjoy, especially because she was so annoying, fake, and clingy.

“Mist no it’s not like what it looks like.” Ash tried to explain removing his arm from Gina’s and began getting closer to Misty.

“No I understand Ash, um sorry I interrupted I’m just going to go now.” Misty said sadly walking out the door and caught a cab out of Pallet directing it to Cerulean.

“Mist.” Ash said sadly as he saw his one true love leave away, leaving just the gas from the cab behind.

All right this is a good place to stop I think. Sorry for the set back, it’s been kind of heck tic this week since school starts Monday and I’m not to prepared. I really hope you like it so far, this chapter wasn’t my favorite towards the end but if I didn’t really clear it up to well Ash definitely broke up with Gina, it wasn’t like a secret affair or anything so don’t throw anything at me about that whole thing. And also for the part where the waiter refers to Misty as his "amie" he meant his friend for those of you who didn't know french =]

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

yugiultimate2004 on January 19, 2007, 2:45:35 AM

yugiultimate2004 on
yugiultimate2004wow this is good

PPhantom on January 19, 2007, 7:46:43 AM

PPhantom on
PPhantomthank u

Karannah on January 4, 2007, 7:05:28 AM

Karannah on
KarannahYAY! 3rd Chapter! i cant wait for more