Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - A Day in the Life of the Heartbroken

After 10 years of seperation Misty is reunited with old friends. Will she stay friends or put a certain someone in the past and keep him there? AshxMisty

Chapter 4 - A Day in the Life of the Heartbroken

Chapter 4 - A Day in the Life of the Heartbroken
Well I hoped to finish this chapter before classes start tomorrow but I have about and hour and a half to write this before I have to go to bed so I’m guessing it wont be done tonight but I’m going to try and work on this story as much as I can, hopefully 1 more chapter after this =]. Here is chapter 4, enjoy.

*From Previous Chapter*

“No I understand Ash, um sorry I interrupted I’m just going to go now.” Misty said sadly walking out the door and caught a cab out of Pallet directing it to Cerulean.

“Mist.” Ash said sadly as he saw his one true love leave away, leaving just the gas from the cab behind.

*End Flashback*

“Misty come on you have to talk to one of us, please?” Violet pleaded knocking on Misty’s bedroom door. “Your turn.” She said hearing no response and Daisy moved into her spot.

“Misty we can’t help you if you don’t talk, really it’s been 2 days since this incident and we don’t even know what happened!” Daisy exclaimed banging on the door. Once more, silence. “I give up, anyone else gonna give it a go?” She asked turning to her sisters.

“I think the best thing to do would be leave her alone, she just needs time to herself and when she’s ready she will come to us.” Lily said heading down the stairs to the leaving room.

“Woah since when did you become a counselor?” joked Daisy, but Lily just gave her a ‘don’t mess with me’ look and she backed off. What could have happened that made Misty crumble like that? Lily thought to herself with worry. She knew Misty still had a tough shell, that was one thing she didn’t leave from her childhood, and something really big had to have happened to make her be in the state she was. Suddenly the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Daisy said flatly, the whole ordeal was bringing down everyone not just Misty. She opened the door and immediately Jazz walked in with chocolates and a bouquet of white roses, Misty’s favorite.

“Alright where’s the old girl?” she asked. Everyone pointed upstairs meaning she was in her room. Jazz then turned back to her worried self and sat on the couch next to Lily. “How’s she doing?”

“Well she’s trapped herself in her room for the past 48 hours, hasn’t spoken to anyone, hasn’t eaten, this is getting out of hand guys, she is going to get sick if we don’t do something.” Violet said worried leaning against the wall. Jazz looked up the stairs with a determined look and stood up from the couch.

“I’m gonna go talk to her.”

“Good luck.” Daisy said with a wave of her hand, lying down on the couch opposite Lily. Once Jazz was out of view and up the stairs Daisy spoke again. “But better women than you have tried.” And Daisy closed her eyes trying to go to sleep, since everyone had been up all night worrying about Misty.

“Mist? Misty come on open up it’s me Jazz.” Jazz asked her through the door. She could hear a faint sniffle and then finally a small voice broke through.

“Jazz, please go away.” Came a soft whisper from the other side but Jazz recognized it clearly to be her voice.

“Misty I just want to help you, please, I hate seeing you like this. What happened? Did Ash do something?” Jazz asked trying to guess what in the world could have happened to make her end up like this. Immediately when Misty heard that cursed name she couldn’t control herself.

“JUST GO AWAY!” she bellowed making Jazz back away from the door and fly down the stairs.

“Ok, that didn’t work out that well.” Jazz pointed out the obvious. “So what’s plan B?”

“We wait for her to come to us.” Violet said with a sigh. “Come on guys lets eat something, we can’t starve ourselves either.” She said heading into the kitchen with Daisy, Lily, and Jazz on her heels. Up at the top of the stairs a girl with messed up orange hair and puffy eyes opened her door slightly to see if anyone was still out there. When she heard that no one else was down stairs she went back into her room and let her tears cry once more. She dragged her feet and fell back on to her bed and pulled her pillow over her face. How could have everything gone so bad so fast? Misty thought to herself. ‘Told you it was a bad idea to fall for him. You are right back where you were 10 years ago. That kid was and still is nothing but trouble. The whole fame thing got to him and now he has that slut like a bracelet on him.

“But we kissed.” Misty said softly. ‘Yeah it was just a trap Misty. Maybe life is just supposed to be this way, just try and forget about him and move on with your life. You are just one of the many charms that was on that bracelet and he doesn’t care if one falls off.’ Her mind told her and Misty sat herself up. “He doesn’t really think of me like that right?” She said on the brink of tears again. ‘What more proof do you need? He said he missed you yet he knew you were going back to the gym and he didn’t look for you, he had a girlfriend and just went ahead and planted one on you anyway, he just acted all nice to you to please himself.’ “No, Ash isn’t like that.” Misty said louder trying to stop her mind from convincing her Ash wasn’t what he seemed. “He wouldn’t do that to me.” She finished quietly. She turned to her left to see her radio sitting on her dresser. “Maybe some music will make me feel better.” She said out loud grabbing the remote from her nightstand. She sat herself up and rested her self against the headstand of her bed. She pressed the control button and the first song came on.

“Remember when, we never needed each other
The best of friends, like Sister and Brother
We understood, we'd never be Alone
Those days are gone, now I want so much
The night is long and I need your touch
Don't know what to say
Never meant to feel this way
Don't want to be Alone tonight
What can I do, to make it right?
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?
I hear your voice
And I start to tremble
Brings back the child that, I resemble
I cannot pretend, that we can still be friends
Don't want to be Alone tonight
What can I do, to make you mine?
Falling so hard so fast this time
What did I say, what did you do?
How did I fall in love with you?
Oh I want to say this right
And it has to be tonight
Just need you to know, oh yeah
I don't want to live this life
I don't want to say goodb-“
Misty changed the station. Jeez what a song, she thought sadly to herself seeing if maybe another station would have something better.

“This is Julie Martin on 97.4 and today’s top three songs are Kiss the Girl by Ashley Tisdale coming in third, Don’t Say You Love Me by M2M in second, and your top one choice, We Belong Together by Mariah Carey!
I didn't mean it
When I said I didn't love you so
I should have held on tight
I never should've let you go
I didn't know nothing
I was stupid
I was foolish
I was lying to myself
I could not fathom that I would ever
Be without your love
Never imagined I'd be
Sitting here beside myself

'Cause I didn't know you
'Cause I didn't know me
But I thought I knew everything
I never felt
The feeling that I'm feeling
Now that I don't
Hear your voice
Or have your touch and kiss your lips-“
“No.” Misty said flatly changing the station once more.

“Everybody's got something they had to leave behind
One regret from yesterday that just seems to grow with time
There's no use looking back or wondering (or wondering)
How it could be now or neither been (or neither been)
All this I know but still I can't find ways to let you go

I never had a dream come true
Till that day that I found you
Even though I pretend that I've moved on
You'll always be my baby
I never found the words to say
You're the one I think about each day
And I know no matter where love takes me to
A part of me will always be with you-”
“Next.” Misty said with a little frustration.

“Ahora la cancion mas popular del año 2007, Entre Mi Vida!” the announcer exclaimed. “Well Spanish or not this can’t be that bad.” Misty reasoned but once the song started her mind immediately changed.

“Buenas noches,
Mucho gusto,
Eras una chica mas.
Despues de cinco minutos ya eras alguien especial.
Sin hablarme,
Sin tocarme,
Algo dentro se encendio.
En tus ojos se hacia tarde y me olvidaba del reloj.
Estos dias a tu lado me ensearon que en verdad

No hay tiempo determinad para comenzar a amar.

Siento algo tan profundo que no tiene explicacion,

No hay razon ni logica en mi corazon.
Entre en mi vida,
Te abro la puerta.
Se que en tus brazos ya no habra noches desiertas.

Entre en mi vida,
Yo te lo ruego.
Te comence por extranar,
Pero empece a necesitarte te luego.
Buenas noches,
Mucho gusto,

Ya no existe nadie mas.
Despues de este tiempo juntos,
No puedo volver atras.

Tu me hablaste,
Me tocaste y te volviste mi ilusion.
Quiero que seas duena de mi Corazon-
” Misty was now at a boiling point. “What is it with the radio song choices today? Did I miss something? Is today suddenly “Make Misty feel like crap” day or something?” Misty fumed. “Uh, next song.” Misty said frustrated, “and please don’t be a love song!” Misty silently prayed changing the radio station once more.

“Wish I could tell you there's a twist, some kind of hero in disguise,
And we're together; it's for real, now playing.
Wish I could tell you there's a kiss, like something more than in my mind, I see it,
Could be amazing,

If we were a movie, you'd be the right guy,
And I'd be the best friend that you'd fall in love with in the end.
We'd be laughing, watching the sunset,
Fade to black, show the names, play the happy song.”


“That’s the most popular song on 93.9 folks, If We Were a Movie by teen pop sensation Hannah Montana!” the announcer added after the song. Misty couldn’t take it anymore, this was the last straw. “That’s it!” she shouted. She grabbed the remote and with all her might lunged it at the radio silencing it once and for all. “Good riddance.” She said then grabbed her pillow and screamed into it to let go of all this rage and hurt she felt inside. Stupid Ash, stupid Ash, stupid Ash, stupid Ash! She kept repeating in her mind. When she realized what she was doing she set down the pillow and calmed down a bit. “Man what am I, a five year old? I’m not going to let Ash ruin my life anymore.” Misty said confidently and ran into the bathroom to change out of her same outfit of 2 days ago. When she looked in the mirror she was horrified to see the image that starred back at her. Her normally shiny and bright orange hair was now a dull and frizzy pale orange color and her normally deep blue cerulean eyes were now a bleak grey color, showing no emotion, no happiness or life. Her cheeks were red and wet, her eyes all puffy. Misty barely recognized herself and decided she wasn’t going to follow through with this anymore, enough was enough. She quickly jumped into the shower and combed through her hair turning herself back into her normal self. She tiptoed down the stairs into the kitchen. When she walked in everyone quit their conversation and turned to look at her.

“Hey guys.” She said quietly. Jazz not being able to contain herself ran up to Misty and embraced her in a big hug.

“God Mist, you had me so worried! I brought you chocolates, you know those ones you like off Ocean Avenue and um white roses, your favorite.” Jazz spoke so quickly Misty barely understood her.

“Thanks.” Misty said gratefully as she took a seat at the table after her sisters gave her a hug also.

“Like Misty what happened to you?” Daisy asked curious and everyone turned their attention to her. Well they are my sisters and best friend; I guess I do owe them the truth. Misty thought before answering her.

“Well here’s what happened.” Misty said explaining the whole story of her “blast from the past.” On the other side of the city in the small town of Pallet, Ash Ketchum wasn’t doing much better than Misty. He was lying on the couch with Pikachu resting on his stomach that was watching his trainer with worry. Normally Ash was never down, especially like this, and Pikachu didn’t enjoy when his master was in this state. Ash just kept flicking through the channels on the TV till Pikachu jumped off his stomach and began pulling on the bottom of his pants. Ash looked down at Pikachu and gave him his full attention. “What is it Pikachu?” Ash said gloomily. Pikachu began to pretend to punch the air and sent small sparks from its cheeks and then pointed out the window. “You want to go train?” Ash asked sitting up. Pikachu nodded its head and jumped up to Ash’s lap. “Sorry buddy I’m not really in the mood right now, maybe you could go play with Togepi out in the yard.” Ash said regretfully. Pikachu nodded sadly then scurried out his doggie door to the garden in search of his little playmate that ended up staying with Ash after Misty left. Ash felt guilty for the way he was acting lately but he couldn’t help it. Once he met with Misty again he thought things would be different, that things could be back to the way they were before, they could be friends again, if not more. He didn’t expect that this whole mess would start. Ash sighed and laid back his head against the couches back till his phone began ringing in his pocket. He saw the caller i.d. number and he didn’t know why he picked up but he did.

“Hello.” He said gloomily.

“Ashy!” cooed a familiar voice over the phone. Not again. Ash thought cringing at her voice.

“What do you want Gina?” He said a little harshly but Gina didn’t pick it up.

“Well baby you seemed so upset when I stopped by cause of your little weird friend that ran off. Gosh Ash you have quite a messed up past, but I’m here to make it all better. How about you come over and we go out to dinner at that fancy restaurant that just opened up and then you and I can have a little fun later.” She said slyly with a laugh. In your dreams you little slut. Ash thought but didn’t say anything out loud. He took a deep sigh and answered her.

“No.” he said sternly.

“What did you say?” She answered back a little angry.

“No, want me to spell it out? We broke up, get the picture?” Ash explained to her. “There is one girl I love.” Ash said taking a pause. “And its not you so wipe that smile off your face. Now if you don’t stop calling me I will pull out a restraining order on you so like bye.” He said impersonating her. Gina hung up the phone with a huff and decided to see what boys she could pick up at the Hypee Club tonight. “I must have been crazy to have gone out with her.” Ash said to himself when the doorbell rang. He got up stretch his arms a little bit and walked to the door dragging his feet. The doorbell then repeatedly began ringing. “I’m coming!” Ash shouted as he went to answer the door. When he opened the door Brock immediately walked in not even bothering to say hi and grabbed him by the collar.

“Alright Ash I’m giving you 10 seconds to explain to me what you did to Misty, now.” He said furiously. Ash was shocked at his friends’ actions and Brocks sensed it and his face calmed a bit. “Man sorry, I didn’t mean to be that harsh. Just sit down.” He said leading Ash to the couch and Brock pulled up a chair in front of the couch. Ash sat obediently on the couch like a puppy, waiting for its master next command.

“Can I ask what in the world is going on here?” Ash asked rubbing his neck a little big from the spot where Brock grabbed him.

“My girlfriends been biting my head off and telling me to come here and get you to apologize to Misty. I personally didn’t get a chance to see Misty since she’s like on lockdown or something with Jazz as the guard so I didn’t push it further, you don’t want to mess with her.” He said with a strained laugh seeing Ash’s expression remain the same. “All I know is that Misty has been miserable, she’s been crying for the past 2 days, hasn’t eaten, hasn’t left her room, trained, done any of the shows, nothing Ash. Now I want the truth from you about what happened.” He said sternly but Ash’s face fell when he heard how hard Misty was taking this all.

“I don’t know where to start Brock.” Ash sighed as he put his head in his hands. He explained to him every detail that happened, meeting, going to the park, her staying here, his shot at telling her the secret that had been eating him up since the first day he met her, and of course Gina who came and ruined it all. When Ash finished his story he looked up at Brock who seemed to be thinking thoroughly. “And that’s what happened.” Ash shrugged his shoulders.

“Gina. 5’1 girl? Brown hair, mini skirts, short tops, outrageously high heels?” Brock questioned.

“Um yeah, otherwise the girl you tried to pick up before the press made us get together.”

“I remember her, that’s when I was in my girl phase.” Brock joked. “But then I met Jazz and become a one women man, who soon is going to propose next week.” Brock said proudly.

“Wow one women man, guess there is first for everything.” Ash joked but then froze. “Woah back up, did you say propose?”

“Yup.” Brock said showing off the engagement ring in his pocket. “Think there will be a wedding to follow, a certain I don’t know Ketchum-Waterflower wedding perhaps?” Brock asked.

“Perhaps not. Maybe yeah when hell freezes over. Misty won’t-”Suddenly the bell rung again. “God I’m going to get that thing disconnected.” Ash said frustrated as he headed to answer the door. He opened the door to see his mom and step dad at the door. “Mom, Professor?” He asked in confusion.

“Hey sweetie how are you?” Mrs. Ketchum said hugging her son.

“Fine mom.” Ash mumbled.

“We came by to help you solve this whole situation with Misty.” Professor said and then acknowledged Brock. “Why Brock what a surprise, we haven’t talked in a couple years.” The professor said taking a seat on the couch where Ash was sitting before. Mrs. Ketchum then sat down next to him and patted the spot next to her for Ash to sit down.

“Well like I was saying before,” Ash continued, “ I called Misty’s house a couple times but the conversation didn’t get very far. I think I spoke to Daisy the first time and maybe Lily the second time? They all sound the same. Anyway when I said it was Ash and asked if I could talk to Misty they immediately said no and hung up.” Ash said. “ I don’t know what else to do! I can’t just walk over there and be all “Hey I’m here to see your sister and your not going to stop me” and just walk up to her room. They will probably set all their Pokemon on me and call the cops for personal harassment or something.” Ash said resting his head against his hand on the armrest. “I give up. I can’t do anything anymore. I lost my chance.” Ash said softly.

“Oh no.” Mrs. Ketchum said standing up turning into her lecture mom position (you know hands on hips). “ Samuel is this the same boy that came to me at age 10 and said “Mommy I want to be a Pokemon trainer and be a master just like daddy”? The same boy who saved the world from Mew and Mewtwo, Entei, Lugia, and more? Ash why I’ve never seen you give up on something so easily. Every battle you have fought you put 110 percent of yourself into, why is this one any different?” Mrs. Ketchum asked.

“Because mom a battle ok sure you lose some you win some, but this is entirely different, this is the real world. I just lost the one girl I’ve ever loved. I’ve done so many things that I regret and now I lost her and I knew it was a risk to bring her back here when we met at that party.” Ash defensively explained to his mother.

“Ash you have nothing to regret. You did what every boy your age would have done if he met back up with his childhood sweetheart. And if you think that you are the only one who took a risk your wrong Ash. I took the risk of letting you go out and train by yourself. You were only 10 and I was scared to let you go because I didn’t want you to end up like your father, getting killed by a rouge Pokemon. But I couldn’t tell you that you couldn’t go so I let you go and follow your dreams, and now look where you are now, a member of the Elite. See you have to put yourself out there, and honey if you put yourself out of the game, there is no way your gonna win. You can’t give up on this one, think of it as another battle, think up a strategy and win your prize. Not saying that Misty is a trophy or anything to be won, but she’s the thing that motivates you, she always has hasn’t she?” Ash completely baffled by his mom’s ability to read his mind like this just shook his head in agreement.

“How do you always know what to say mom?” Ash asked with a smile.

“Mother’s intuition darling.” She said with a giggle.

“You mom’s right Ash, so now we have to think of how to fix this little mess.” Brock said putting his hand up to his chin thinking about possible solutions.

“But what can we I do? “Sorry” doesn’t seem like it will cut it.” Ash mumbled.

“Well Ash you are right, sorry just wont cut it.” Professor Oak explained. “ You have to do something outside of the box. Something that will make Misty realize just how much you love her and that you are sorry. Show her that she means the world to you and that you will go above and beyond to win her heart. After all the saying does go “faint heart never won fair lady” am I not correct.” He laughed but all there was silence. Ash then spoke up.

“Well what can I do? Misty isn’t a big jewelry fan and well a Pokemon doesn’t seem to great.” Ash wondered.

“No Ash you really shouldn’t try to give her something store bought, any person can do that, you need to give her something that comes straight from the heart. A nice poem you wrote, take her to a nice romantic evening date, make a video for her, a song.” Ash took in Professor Oak’s suggestions and then 1 idea popped into his head. That just might work. He thought to himself with a grin.

“I have an idea.” Ash said standing up.

“That’s a first.” Brock joked but stopped when everyone gave him a glare. “Woah lighten up, just a joke.” He said relaxing everyone. “Tough crowd.” He mumbled.

“Thanks for that. Here is my plan but I’m going to need to pull in a few favors for this to work. Are you guys in?”

“Count me in.” Brock said.

“Definitely Ash.” Professor Oak replied.

“Oh I’m in sweetie.” Mrs. Ketchum said in her cheery voice. Ash just smiled at all the people in his life who were always there trying to help him an cared for him, only one person was missing from the scene, and he was going to get her back, even if it cost him everything he would do it.

“Hey Pikachu come here!” Ash shouted out the door and Pikachu surprised to see his master’s spirits raised again jumped into his arms with a content sigh. “Come on buddy we need to go visit some friends of ours for a mission, you in?” Ash asked his best friend. Pikachu gave a determined confirmation and Ash gave him a hug. “Come on buddy I’ll explain it in the car on the way there, and maybe we can stop for some ketchup ok?” Pikachu’s eyes lightened up at the word and dashed for the car.
Some things just never change, Ash thought with a big grin as he chased after Pikachu.

Whoo done! Sorry about the ketchup thing I really wanted to put that in there cause everyone puts it in their stories. Well Ashy boy what are you gonna do? Suspense much? Stay tuned for the next chapter, the big finale! Also radio song credits, How Did I fall in love with you-Backstreet Boys, We Belong Together- Mariah Carey, Never Had a Dream Come True-S Club-7. Entre Mi Vida- Sin Bandera, and finally If We Were a Movie- Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus). Also for those of you who don’t understand Spanish I took the time to translate the whole Spanish portion of the radio scene. “And now the most popular song of 2007, in my life(?)”
“Good night,
nice to meet you,
you were just another girl,
after five minutes together you were someone special
Without talking to me
without touching me
Something inside turned on
In your eyes it became late and I lost control of the clock.
These days by your side taught me that in reality
There isn’t time to start to love.
I feel something so deep that doesn’t have an explanation.
There isn’t a reasons or logic in my heart
In my life, I open the door. I know in your arms there wouldn’t be lonely nights.
In my life, I beg you. I began to miss you but I began to need you later.
Good night, nice to meet you
No one else exists. After so much time together, I couldn’t go back.
You talked to me, you touched me and you became my illusion.
I want you to be the owner of my heart-“

Oh yeah props to me for being able to translate that all on my own, no dictionary or online help. Whoo. K sorry =]

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

yugiultimate2004 on January 29, 2007, 2:25:16 AM

yugiultimate2004 on
yugiultimate2004awesome

Coolstra on January 17, 2007, 7:31:25 AM

Coolstra on
Coolstraawesomeness! I can't wait till you update!
I loved the ketchup part!!

PPhantom on January 17, 2007, 7:55:21 AM

PPhantom on
PPhantomglad u like it =] yes i had to put that ketchup thing lol

SaraJane on January 12, 2007, 2:36:49 PM

SaraJane on
SaraJaneGreat!
-SaraJane

Karannah on January 12, 2007, 7:54:59 AM

Karannah on
Karannahawesome! cant wait for more