Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Miracle Unfolds

Misty gets in an accident and loses her memory. Can Ash get it back or is this the new and permanent Misty? AAMR

Chapter 2 - A Miracle Unfolds

Chapter 2 - A Miracle Unfolds
All right here’s chapter 2, A Miracle Unfolds.

Ash paced back and forth in the waiting room, anxiety getting the better of him. Brock’s eyes followed Ash’s trail till he got dizzy.

“Ash can you please sit down.” Brock asked him. Ash walked over to a chair and plopped himself down. The both of them had been waiting hours in the hospital to see how Misty was doing but so far no news was heard, good or bad. She had been taken in with critical damage to her body and the doctors assured them they would do everything humanly possible to help her. Ash looked around to his surroundings. There was the mixture of different voices from doctors and nurses, the squeaking of the wheels from the wheelchairs and moving beds, the smell of latex and the ugly pale blue that covered all the walls. Ash hated hospitals more than anything. Needles, medicine, and yucky cafeteria food, just thinking about it made him inwardly cringe. It was a place where thousands of people went in but some didn’t make it out. She’s not gonna die. Ash thought trying to get rid of the thought. He had already had bad experiences with hospitals ever since his dad passed away as a little kid and he wasn’t going to let go of Misty. He watched the white double doors waiting for the moment when the doctor would come in and announce that Misty was perfectly fine and they could continue on with their lives.

“Ash she’s going to be fine.” Brock tried to assure his friend breaking the silence between them. He could easily read Ash’s mind, that he was scared she wouldn’t make it, but deep down he knew she was tough, tough enough to pull through this. Before Ash could say something back a man in about his 30’s with a white coat walked up to them.

“Excuse me, are you two here for Ms.Waterflower?”

“Yeah how is she?” Ash responded springing from his seat.

“Well right now she’s in a light coma and we have tried our best to fix all the damage done on her body. Luckily no internal organs were damaged and the hit just missed her head. Your friends a lucky one, one more inch and I don’t think she would have made it.” The doctor said in a serious tone. Thanks for the pep talk doc, Ash though to himself sarcastically. The word coma brought back bad memories, the same thing that had caused him nightmares and horrors of when his dad was stuck in the hospital, but unlike Misty, he didn’t have much of a chance of waking up. Ash chocked down a couple tears and Brock nodded at the doctor’s explanation of what was going on.

“Can I see her?” Ash suddenly interrupted her.

“Yes well alright I guess that’s fine, but please make sure you’re quiet and you have half an hour till I have to get back in there and check up on her.” The doctor said eyeing his watch. Ash nodded in understanding and slowly open the door that read 217. He peered in to see a small figure lying under white sheets. He walked up to her shaking as he saw her pale body. A few scrapes were on her body and a few bruise here and there. Her eyes were gently closed and a machine was connected to her, the sole thing keeping her alive. He saw her chest rise and drop slowly matching the beat of the machine. The rhythmic beating was really starting to get on his nerves but he had to keep his cool unless he wanted to get kicked out. Brock slowly walked up to Ash and put his hand on his shoulder.

“She doesn’t look that bad Ash and the doctor said she should wake up.”

“How long?” Ash asked solemnly.

“How long what?”

“How long is she going to be like this?” Ash asked in frustration. Brock knew arguing with him wouldn’t do anything so he took a deep breath in hopes of calming the both of them.

“The doctor said it could be a couple days, maybe a week, maybe even a month.”

“Oh so we are just going to stand here waiting forever?” Ash asked his temper beginning to emerge.

“Ash this is just as hard for me as it is for you ok so you need to relax. She has all these doctors at her aid and their job is to save lives and she’s going to pull through this do you understand?” Brock said gripping Ash’s shoulders. Ash avoided Brocks gaze and Brock released his grip. “Ash since we don’t know how long she will be like this for you can keep going on your journey.”

“What?” Ash asked completely forgetting about his training.

“You go ahead and train, go to the league and me and Misty will be there rooting for you when she recovers.”

“I’m not leaving.” Ash stated. “Not till she’s 100 percent better.” A small knock was heard and both of them turned to the door. The same doctor from before and a nurse walked in.

“Alright gentleman we need to run some tests on Ms. Waterflower, you are going to have to leave and come back during visiting hours.” The doctor said.

“Ok doctor um-”Brock began.

“Sanchez.” The doctor informed him shaking his hand. The both turned to see Ash standing by Misty’s bedside. He was staring at her intently and wiped to the side a stray strand of her bangs. You’re still pretty. He thought with a small blush as he made a promise to himself and her that somehow someway they were going to pull through this. Ash walked away from the bed his eyes never leaving her and he shut the door behind him. Ash and Brock booked a hotel that was nearby waiting for a hot-tempered red head to come back. Time was the thing that seemed to be flying in Ash’s mind, minutes were soon turning into hours, hours into days, and eventually days into weeks. After 2 weeks of waiting and wishing the sun rose giving a feeling in the air that hadn’t been felt in a long time, the long lost feeling of hope.

--

The girl softly brought her hands up to rub her eyes as she began to open them slowly. The sun quickly shone into her cerulean blue eyes and she squinted at the unexpected power of it. Her head was pounding and when she looked around she saw she was in a room with a machine next to her and faint voices on the other side of the door. She was just barely able to lift herself up when the doctor came in scaring her causing her arms to give way and collapse.

“Why Ms. Waterflower what a pleasure to see you awake!” Dr. Sanchez said walking over to her. “Sorry for the fright, how are you feeling?” He asked her with a smile. She gave him a puzzled look. Waterflower? “Ms. Waterflower are you ok?” He asked her with a slight frown seeing as she wasn’t responding.

“Where am I?” She finally asked.

“Dear you’re in the hospital. Don’t you remember any of it?” He asked her. Misty’s face didn’t change in response and the doctor thought for a moment. “Would you mind if I ask you a couple questions?” He asked her pulling out a bad of paper from his coat pocket.

“I don’t see why not.” She said sitting up and fidgeting with the sheets.

“What’s your name?” The girl took a while. She thought for a moment, trying to figure it out. She looked at the wristband that was around her wrist. M.Waterfower.

“Misty. Misty Waterflower.” She finally answered.

“Very good. Where do you live?” He asked her scribbling something down on the pad and looked back at her. Misty’s expression showed a bit of confusion as she sat on the bed stumped.

“I don’t know.” She finally said. The doctor nodded his head and set aside his pad.

“Why don’t you lay down Misty and I’ll have a nurse give you a quick check up alright?” Misty nodded her head in agreement and lay back down. The doctor gave her a small smile before leaving but then frowned as he made his way to the front desk to send a nurse in. “Ms. Adams can you please do an x-ray on the patient in room 217 for me please?” He commanded one of the available nurses.

“Right away doctor.” Replied the blonde. A few minutes later Ash and Brock entered the front door after hearing the news that Misty finally woke up.

“Where is she?!” Ash asked the doctor, happiness gleaming through his eyes. The doctor gave the boy a slight smile before taking a deep breath.

“Your friend is awake but it seems she’s not quite herself.” The doctor explained. Both Brock and Ash had confusion written on their faces and the doctor rubbed at his temples with his hand. “ I think it will be better if I show you, follow me.” He instructed leading them to Misty’s room. The three walked in to the room just in time to see the nurse leaving.

“Oh sorry Dr. Sanchez, I was just on my way to give you the test results.” The nurse apologized handing him a folder.

“Thanks Ms. Adams.” He smiled. She returned the smile and headed out the door. As the doctor quickly examined the results Ash went over to Misty who was sitting once more.

“Hey Mist!” He said in his usual cheery voice. Misty gave him a frown to which Ash answered in confusion. “ Hellooo Misty? Anyone home?” He joked lightly knocking on her head.

“Who are you?” She said with a little fear.

“Misty it’s me Ash?” Ash answered her a little taken back. She might not be herself. The doctor’s words ran through Ash’s head. “Doctor, what exactly is the problem?” He asked walking back over to him, much to Misty’s relief.

“Well according to these results when she fell to the ground from the combination of both the Hyper Beam Attack and Thundershock, she took a strong hit to her head. Luckily no concussion was formed or anything.” He explained showing up her head x-ray to the light so they could see. “ But she seems to be suffering from a Traumatic Amnesia.”

“Meaning?” Ash asked.

“Meaning she has lost her memory. But only for a short amount of time.” He quickly assured them. “Like I said before since it was such a minor fall and not from the blast itself her memory should come back in a few days or maybe a week or 2? The best thing you can do for her right now is not over work her, try to get her to remember things from her past, you know stories, achievements, friends and family, that sort of thing. It should jog her memory back quicker.” Brock nodded his head but Ash still looked saddened. “ Don’t worry young man, she’ll be back to her old self in no time, you’ll see. She was very lucky to have recovered with such a small case of amnesia. My advice to you though is to not have her do any strenuous activities, and let her have a lot of bed rest. I’ll let you talk with her, see if she can remember anything about you two.” The doctor said shaking both the boys hands as they thanked him for his help. The doctor smiled and exited the door.

“Ash what are we going to do? You heard that doctor, she needs rest, she can’t be traveling around with us for the time being especially since the leagues only weeks away.” Brock whispered to him

“Where there’s a will there’s a way.” Ash told him. “He said tops 2 weeks right? So we’ll stay somewhere and then continue training when she’s better.”

“One problem with you plan, where do you plan on staying for 2 weeks?”

“We’ll figure something out.” Ash said not bothering to think ahead. He slowly approached Misty.

“Hey Misty I’m Ash, Ash Ketchum and this is Brock.” He slowly told her putting out his hand. She stared at his hand and then finally shook it.

“Nice to meet you.”

“I bet this is all really confusing for you but we are going to somehow get your memory back ok Misty?” Ash told her with determination. Misty nodded in approval. Who is this kid? They both gave her a little information about herself, she had three sisters, was from Cerulean, hated bug Pokemon, was a water trainer, and a little about the accident. She took it all in calmly but if it ever registered in her mind they weren’t too sure. Ash got an idea all of a sudden.

“Hey Misty do you remember Pikachu?” He asked her releasing his buddy quietly.

“Ash, Pokemon aren’t allowed in hospitals.” Brock scolded him.

“The doctor said to tell her about old things to get her memory back right? Better start now then later. Lets show her Togepi too, maybe she will remember her the best since it was like her baby.” Ash suggested. Brock shrugged his shoulders and secretly handed Ash the egg from his bag. “See Misty, these are Pokemon. This one is yours.” Ash told her handing her Togepi, which chirped cheerfully to be back with its mother. “And this one is mine.” He finished putting Pikachu on her lap who gave her a friend “pika pi”. Misty frightened didn’t know what to do so she just sat there with a sad smile as she handed back both Pokemon.

“They’re cute, but I just don’t remember them.” She sighed. Togepi began to cry and Brock tried to calm it down. He quickly put it back in his bag and Ash called his Pikachu back reluctantly.

“Way to go Sherlock, that was a great plan.” Brock said sarcastically.

“At least I’m trying.” Ash countered in frustration.

“Ash maybe we should call her sisters, see if they can get us a place to stay in for the time being and maybe little by little we can make our way to Cerulean.”

“That sounds like a good idea Brock. Come on Misty.” He said gently grabbing her hand and pulling her up. She was a little freaked that this kid she met just moments ago was controlling her every move, but in a small way she sort of liked it.

--

“You’ve reached the Sensational Sisters!” Came three perky voices from one end of the videophone. “Oh well look who it is, Mr. Pokemon Master, what’s up sweetie?” Daisy cooed noticing who was calling.

“Hi Daisy.” Ash said with a small blush at him being referred to as ‘sweetie’. “Um I was just calling to say that Misty got in a sort of um accident and she well..”

“She lost her memory.” Brock finished for him.

“Like way to go Misty.” Violet huffed on the screen. “Well just give her like some medicine and she’ll be fine.” She continued with a wave of her hand.

“Medicine won’t exactly help. She needs rest and can’t be traveling for that long and we were wondering if you had any housing options?” Brock asked. The three girls thought for a moment and Daisy spoke up.

“Where are you?”

“In Saffron City.” Ash answered her.

“Well staying here isn’t an option, it’s to far a walk for her, and Pallet’s even further.” Lily replied.

“ Oh! We got cousins in Celadon City which is probably like a 45 minute walk, hour tops.” Violet suggested. “I could call them up and see if they wouldn’t mind having you guys till she gets better.”

“That would be great!” Ash said. Celadon wasn’t too far off their original map route and they could just continue from there.

“Alright I’ll somehow get arrangements with them. I’ll call Misty’s poke gear with the ok. Just take the straight route out of Saffron and keep going straight till you hit Celadon and ask someone how to get to 342 South Beverly Lane.” Violet told them.

“Ok thanks guys.” Ash said with relief.

“No problem.” Daisy said.

“Hope you feel better baby sis.” All three said together before the TV screen went blank.

“Well guys, Celadon City it is.” Ash said his hope one step higher than it was before.

TBC.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

katara719 on February 25, 2007, 5:16:46 AM

katara719 on
katara719i only read aliitle over half of it, but i have to go eat. It's really good so far! B back soon to finish. Can't wait! =D
"The rhythmic beating was really starting to get on his nerves but he had to keep his cool unless he wanted to get kicked out." That was funny. I probably would have been the same way lol.
~katara

katara719 on March 2, 2007, 6:11:30 AM

katara719 on
katara719i'm soo sorry.. i haven't beeen able to get on the computer and finsh this chapter. I finished it now and really like it! Please update soon!! =D
~katara

PPhantom on March 2, 2007, 6:37:04 AM

PPhantom on
PPhantomthats ok im glad you liked it, im tring to plan out chapter three the fact that me and my "sister" appear now is hard cause i dont wanna make the stupid story u no?

katara719 on March 6, 2007, 5:24:06 AM

katara719 on
katara719yeah... but i'm pretty sure if you wrote the story it won't be stupid, cuz you're great. ^^
~katara

PPhantom on March 6, 2007, 5:51:37 AM

PPhantom on
PPhantomawh thanks thats so sweet<3

Coolstra on February 24, 2007, 2:24:10 AM

Coolstra on
Coolstraanother awesome chapter!
Can't wait for Chappi 3!

pokegal626077 on February 23, 2007, 12:15:22 PM

pokegal626077 on
pokegal626077alright! loved it!