Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Burning

Serenity is losing her mind. Can an odd coincidence and strange happenstance save her? Or will she lose her mind to the flames...?

Those blue eyes can't save me now...

[Scilentshipping]

Chapter 1 - Burning

Chapter 1 - Burning

“Ring around the rosy! Pockets full of posy! Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!” Children’s voices echoed, “Ring around the rosy! Pockets full of posy! Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!”

“What’s going on?” Serenity asked, looking down at a crowd of children. They all looked at her with huge smiles and deceptive eyes. They threw straw at her feet and continued to sing.

“Ring around the rosy! Pockets full of posy! Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!”

Serenity tried to move, feeling that maybe she was in the way of something, but she then realized that she couldn’t. Her hands were tied around a wooden post behind her back. The children started to throw the straw higher, making attempts to hit her face as they continued to sing the same song.

“Stop it!” She tried to say to them, but they couldn’t hear her. She tried again, shouting this time. They just raised their voices to drown her out.

One of the children, a boy with mangy hair and dark eyes, walked up to her. He held a twisted smirk as he reached up and placed a blindfold over Serenity’s eyes. She shook her head, trying to refuse the blindfold by making it hard for the boy to put on. He let it drop to the pile of straw at her feet.

“Ring around the rosy! Pockets full of posy! Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!”

The boy left to join the rest of the children, all of whom began to sway to an unkempt rhythm. One of them, a girl this time, held a small torch to the straw. The straw crackled and lit. Serenity finally realized what was happening and the children joined hands and skipped in circles around her.

They were burning her at the stake.

“Ring around the rosy! Pockets full of posy! Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!”

Serenity screamed and tugged at her bonds desperately. The fire eat the straw quickly, making it’s way to the center of the pile.

“No! Let me go! Stop!” She screamed. Tears streamed down her face.

“Ring around the rosy! Pockets full of posy! Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!”

The flames where close now. They licked at her bare legs like greedy little spirits. Smoke rose up and stung her eyes and filled her lungs. When the flames took interest in her clothes and the rest of her body, she screamed louder. Serenity could feel the fire searing her skin off. She screamed and screamed and screamed until the smoke finally chocked her to death. The flames finished it’s meal while listening to a chorus of children’s fading voices.

“Ring around the rosy…pockets full of posy! Ashes, ashes, we all fall down! Ring around…posy…ashes, ashes…fall down! Around…ashes…fall…”

--

Yeah…don’t ask. You will have to read the next chapter to find out the meaning behind this…that is, if I ever get it written. Comment people!! I need comment to be inspired to write the next part!!

...please?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment