Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Lab-Rat

how Element died that day and became Crypt the Undying. It all started on the streets of New York, when he became Dr. Maxwell's lab-rat.

Chapter 1 - Lab-Rat

Chapter 1 - Lab-Rat
Welcome to the Circus of Scars



In the cold ally-ways of New York

?- hey you *kicks a box *

Element- *a bit startled, pulling out a knife *

?- lets see&you smell of beer and can afford a knife, but not shoes&.well, I can easily fix that easily *starts pulling out hundred dollar bills * if you let me run a few simple tests&

Element- *lowering his knife * so&a few test, huh? Me? Lab rat?&I dont see the harm, Dr&

Dr.M- Dr. Maxwell.

Element- Element&




< in lab


Dr. M- have you ever heard that cats have 9 lives?

Element- *looking at doctoring tools worriedly * yeah, something like that&

Dr. M- well, how many do you think this one has? (pulls of a white sheet off of a cage to revel an enraged, snarling, phantom white, what looks like a cat)

Element- *backs up in panic * wha- what the hell is that thing?!

Dr. M- its a cat

Element- Thats NOT a cat!!

Dr. M- well..in a matter I suppose it isnt a cat, demon possessed is more accurate I suppose, I found it in Egypt! Magnificent isnt it?

Element- No! and what the hell do you plan on doing with it!?

Dr. M- Well my boy, thats why youre here you see, I plan to infuse you with it.

Element- what?! Oh no! youre a mad man! Ill be some kinda cat freak! Theres not a chance Im going to you&transform me, or something in to this half cat person!! Im not going to be coughing up hair-balls for the rest of my life!

Dr. M- cat freak? Ha! Unlikely! Your not fully aware of what this cats capabilities!

Element- then aware me&

Dr. M- This cat cant die! No matter how many times you shoot it, slice it, dice it, bury it, burn it, drown it, shock it with a zillion volts! It still lives.

Element- so..you plan to make me&immortal?

Dr. M- Immortal is when you dont die at all, ever&This! My friend is resurrection!

Element- I dont know, sure you get to do your little experiment, hooray for you, but whats in it for me? You know besides the whole, immortal or resurrection thing and the few thousand dollars to get me to do this&I mean I look at this and you get the bigger cut, I mean sure few thousand dollars will get you away, but then Ill end up just like you found me again sooner or later, and while Im back living in a box youll be getting the mad scientist of the year award.

Dr. M- yes yes, if you werent to even use this gift Im offering you. Do you have any idea how much people will pay to watch a man die and come back fully recovered as if it hasnt happened at all, do you know how much money people will pay to actually shot a man? Youll make millions! And all to a very simple operation&

Element- &millions?&now my deal seems better than yours, whats the catch?

Dr. M- I wouldnt consider it much of a catch, but 10% of the cut.

Element- &this seems to much like a twilight zone episode but, you got yourself a deal.




Element- uh&(opens eyes)

Dr. M- you recovered quickly, not that Im surprised&

Element- so..did it work?

Dr. M- well why dont we find out? (points gun at element)

Element- whoa! No! what the hell do you think your doing! (panic)

Dr. M- just a simple test& (pulls trigger)



============ 2 minutes later ===========




Element- * all the sudden shot up gasping for air*

Dr. M- well, I guess this wasnt a total waste of my time after all, I was wondering if you would come back

Element- did I &did I really die? I feel fine&I dont remember any bright light&I remember you, the gun, the-&the cat (glances over to where the cat is seeing it dead and a bright orange coat) wait a sec&the cat! Its not white&but&am I? (looks at his arm seeing now his fur has changed, then he pulled out some of his hair to see if it was to) but..my hairs red, wait..thats blood!..i really did die&Im dead&Im some kinda zombie!

Dr. M- oh stop being so dramatic! This today ends the life of element and begins the new life of crypt the undying. And I know where to get your first act&

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Link_the_hedgehog_magician on February 28, 2009, 8:27:38 AM

Link_the_hedgehog_magician on
Link_the_hedgehog_magicianpretty kool

Mattkur on October 16, 2007, 7:35:48 AM

Mattkur on
MattkurWondering how this happened to him. . . all because of an egyptian cat...

Nice story! It's about time for youre return.


And mine...

Phantom42 on October 16, 2007, 9:17:46 AM

Phantom42 on
Phantom42yeah i know it's been a while since i submitted anything here, and yeah you need to get working to! lol