Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Grand Memoria!

This is a story of how love can conquer all, even in the face of the darkness of hate.
This is the story of the one called Love's Knight......

Chapter 3 - Grand Memoria!

Chapter 3 - Grand Memoria!
Chapter 2 - Grand Memoria!

Despite having been a Knight of the Crown for a few years now, Chris didn't really know much of the layout of the Galatean Kingdom. His knowledge of the local geography was Campbell Castle, the Silver Arrow fortress, a couple of small towns in between, and his home town of Cherryglade.
What that meant was, finding his way to Avalon was going to be difficult. Also, he had no hope of catching up with Michelle's kidnapper, as he had gotten a good headstart. Plus, he knew where he was going.
"What I wouldn't do for a map...." declared Chris half out loud, half to himself as he followed the road from the castle. He knew that this particular road would bring him to the town of Smith's Guild, where he hoped he could get some information, or at least a map.
Day was beginning to break, and the sun began to poke its way through the white fluffy clouds as Chris continued on his journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Looks like there was one hell of a struggle here, Crystal....." Wedge shook his head, appalled by the corridor to Michelle's chambers, which now stank of death.
"I can't believe the Princess was kidnapped....." gasped Crystal in disbelief. "And Chris.....what happened to him.....? You don't think he's......?" She shivered, not wanting to think of her childhood friend as dead.
"They haven't found his body." replied Wedge, optimistically. "He can't be dead....maybe he went after whoever took her Highness?"
Crystal grimaced as she stood in a puddle of blood. "Both him and Commander Leinard, maybe? They haven't found him either. He's been missing since we all saw him last in the battle...."
They were interrupted by Rudy, who came up the staircase flanked by two of their comrades.
"Knights of the Crown, I congratulate you on your efforts. All but at least one of these vermin were killed. Unfortunately, the Princess has been taken into the night by these fiends! Also, we lost two of our number, and two are unaccounted for, Commander Leinard and Cadet Appleyard."
He paused, thinking of the dead for one moment. "I sadly report the death of many of the Royal Guard, including Commander Maxmillian Westring, one of the most respected men in the Galatean army. However, we will not falter because of this tragedy, ladies and gentlemen!" His voice became a rallying cry, booming through the castle. "We will find and deliver swift justice to those who have dared to draw the blood of our friends and snatch our beloved Princess from us! Knights of the Crown, you will mobilise immediately and search every last inch of this kingdom for those responsible!"
"Yes sir!!!" came a resounding shout from all the Knights. Every man and woman began rushing out of the castle, and mounting their horses. They then rode off into the early morning, their mission clear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning had well and truly broken as Chris finally reached Smith's Guild. The town was so called because it had originally been a blacksmith settlement, producing weapons especially for the Galatean military. A town had grown up around the business, and it had soon become the number one rest stop for anyone journeying to Campbell Castle and beyond. However, the blacksmiths were still the most important aspect of the town.
Chris walked into the town, past the wooden sign saying 'Welcome to Smith's Guild'. It wasn't the neatest of places, seeming as most of the buildings had a stack of junk sitting outside them. These buildings were the blacksmiths, but they had no use for Chris, who was holding a weapon for greater than any of them could forge.
He looked through the window at one the working 'smiths. He was hammering away at a red hot piece of metal. No doubt that like any good blacksmith, he was attempting to make the perfect sword.
"It takes more than a hammer and metal to make the greatest weapon." thought Chris, thinking of his own sword.
Smith's Guild was quite a busy place. Once or twice, Chris nearly bumped into people, as the streets were quite full of bustling citizens. There were shoppers, people selling things, and of course trade caravans.
Chris hated towns and cities. They were so noisy, and often full of questionable people. He preferred it back home in Cherryglade, which was a small village....it was so peaceful there.
Ignoring a town crier shouting the news, Chris found his way to an inn, 'The Hammer & The Anvil.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The horse was very tired, but its rider had been merciless, riding it almost to the point of exhaustion. However, the white coloured steed was on the verge of collapse, and even someone with an evil mind was smart enough to know when to allow rest.
The kidnapper of Michelle hopped off of the panting horse for a moment, stretching his arms and legs. Still sitting on the horse was Michelle herself. Her hands were bound, so that she could not escape. A couple of bruises lay upon her face. Her constant taunting of him had forced him to try and shut her up.
"Ahhh.....you may as well give up any hope of rescue, your Highness." he spoke, smirking evilly. "We have a good start on those oh so brave Knights," he snickered, looking at her, "and only I know where Avalon lies. Nobody will ever find us once we reach it."
Michelle glared at him, her eyes narrowed. "If you found out how to get there, someone else will!"
"Perhaps......but by then it will be too late." The hooded man looked up at the sky. The clouds were totally white and the sky was a refreshing clear blue. If he had his way, they would look very different indeed.
He mounted the horse again. "Face it, Princess. No-one is coming to rescue you. Yaah!" He whipped the horse with its reins again, and the poor animal began to gallop to their destination once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hammer & Anvil was a fairly traditional town inn. All kinds of people were hanging around in here, mostly labourers and tradesmen looking for a good deal. Chris got a few looks, probably because he was the only person in the inn dressed in armour. However, there was no-one being rowdy in here, and Chris judged that this might be one of those pleasant pubs.
His judgement was changed when three rowdy looking muscles barged in. They looked tough, and began to act like they owned the place, shoving several people out of the seats at the bar.
"There's always one...." Chris chose to ignore them and went up to the bar.
The bartender, a moustachioed man wearing a white apron and a smart green striped shirt, addressed him. "What'll it be, young 'un?"
"I'm not after a drink." replied Chris, getting straight to the point. "I'm looking for information.....about the ancient Avalon fortress."
"Information, eh?" mused the bartender, rubbing his moustache thoughtfully. "Well, there's not much known about this Avalon place you speak of. However, I know someone who might know about it. Of course....it's gonna cost you." He gestured at Chris as if expecting some money.
"I'm afraid I don't have anything I can give you." Chris said, wondering where his pouch of gold had gotten to. He must have lost it during the battle.....
"That's too bad." replied the bartender. "However....there is something else you can do for me." He gestured to the three toughs sitting at the bar.
"Those three are the Smithy Trio." he explained, muttering in disgust. "They're the local troublemakers of this town, involved in all sorts of illegal stuff. Anyone who's tried to deal with them ends up paying a heavy price......and they come in here regularly, hassling my customers and acting like they own the place."
"So what do you want me to do about it?" asked Chris, listening intently above the voices in the inn.
"I want them out of my inn. Permanently." replied the bartender, keeping one eye on the trio. "You're wearing knight armour, and you look like you can handle yourself in a fight. If you get rid of them, I'll give you the information you want." The bartender walked away from Chris, going back to his job.
The young cadet sighed. "Why does everyone assume I'm a fully fledged knight?" he thought, a little annoyed. He didn't have time for this.....Michelle was in danger!
He looked at the Smithy Trio. The one in the middle, the biggest of them all, was obviously the leader. He wore a metal helmet with horns, and looked like he could take plenty of punishment. The two with him weren't quite as well built as he was, but they didn't look like pushovers, either.
He was about to wonder how he could approach them, when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He looked to his left and came face to face with the Trio's leader. It looked like they'd decided to approach him first.
"Well, well, well." spoke the ruffian, smiling. "Look what we have here. A little kid who thinks he's a knight!" He and his buddies started laughing loudly.
Chris sat there, and ignored them. However, he smelled trouble, and his right hand was ready to draw Michelle Memoria at any moment.
"I think you should go home to your mommy and daddy." grinned the thug. "You see, we decide who comes into this bar, and we don't want you here." He poked Chris in the side as he said that.
"That's right, we don't want you here, pretty boy!" hissed one of his friends in an insidious voice.
"I see." replied Chris calmly, turning to look at them. "Too bad. I was hoping we could be friends."
"You trying to be funny with me, knight boy?'' said the Trio leader, his voice becoming a bit more aggressive. "What Rodimus Grappler wants, Rodimus Grappler gets. And right now, I want you out of my sight, punk-@$$."
Chris stared indignantly at Grappler. "Sorry, but I don't feel much like moving. And if you know what's good for you, you'll back off right now."
The whole inn went silent. Somebody had just dared to stand up to the Smithy Trio!
"Nobody talks to me that way, boy." growled Grappler, smashing his fist onto the bar inches from Chris' own hand. "I think we'll have to teach this little kid a few manners, eh boys?"
His two lackeys nodded eagerly. "Oh yeah, boss!"
Chris sighed, and stood up. "I think it'll be teaching you the lesson, Grappler."
"Hehehehe......he's a regular joker, isn't he, boys?" smiled Grappler menacingly. "Get 'im!"
The two underlings of the Trio rushed at Chris, brandishing hefty clubs. The people in the bar backed away from the fight and waited to see yet another poor soul get beaten black and blue by the thugs.

Suddenly, there was the sounds of a sword being drawn, and slicing though the air. The clubs of the thugs were smashed in half.
Before they could recover, Chris punched one of them in the jaw and bashed Michelle Memoria's hilt off of the other one's head. They were both flung back across the room, crashing onto one of the tables.
Grappler, the customers and the bartender looked shell-shocked. That was the first time anyone had KO'd a Trio member!
Grappler, enraged, drew his own weapon, a black spiked mace. He swung it about his head a few times, demonstrating what he was going to do Chris' face. "You little rat! Get ready to meet Mr. Ball and Chain!!!! Yaaaaaah!!!!!!"
He swung the mace wildly at Chris, but the agile teenager ducked as the ball sped towards his head. It crashed into the wall behind him, which was made of stone, leaving a big crack.
Grappler pulled the mace form the wall and swung at Chris again. Seconds before it whammed into his chest, Chris jumped away, leaving the mace to hit yet another wall, close to the front door of the inn.
"Now it's my turn to boogie!" shouted Chris, rushing at Grappler. He made to slash his sword down, but his target wasn't the overgrown bully. Instead, it was the chain linking the mace ball to the hilt. Chris' weapon sliced down into it and easily broke it, where any other sword would have just clashed off of it.
Fragments of the chain shot across the inn. The bartender and customers ducked for cover as the pieces of metal hit the floor and the walls. One of them landed in the mouth of one of Grappler's minions.
"H-how the....?" gasped the disarmed thug. "You'll pay for that, you little runt! That was my BEST mace!!!!!! RAAAAARRRHHHHH!!!!!!"
He rushed Chris, his right fist ready to smash into the teen's face. However, Chris saw the attack coming, and grabbed Grappler's ready arm, and spun the surprised ruffian towards the door.
"Have a nice trip!" grinned Chris, letting go.
Grappler went flying into the inn's wooden door, which flew open on impact. The muscle bound tough went flying out into the street.
Chris turned around and looked at the two remaining members of the Smithy Trio. There was a sudden look of worry on their faces.

Seconds later, the two toughs went flying out of the door, both having received a big kick up the backside from Chris. The first landed on top of Grappler, and the second landed on top of both his buddies, knocking the wind out of Grappler.

Chris looked at them. "You're barred!" He then closed the door, rubbed his hands together to clean any dirt off his gauntlets, and sat back down as if nothing had happened.
The customers and the bartender looked at him, astonished. One of them came up to him. "Thanks, friend. Those guys have been messing us about for a long time."
Chris simply replied, "It was nothing." He spied the bartender coming towards him, and smiled. "I think I'll have that information now, friend."
The amazed bartender finished washing a glass. "You've more than earned it, young 'un. Have one on the house as well."

To the cheers of all the people at the inn, Chris drank up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside a small tent, somewhere else in the kingdom, a meeting was taking place between two men.
"You know what to do. Find and kill any Knights of the Crown. I believe you are more than capable of this task." spoke the first man.
"I understand, my lord." The second man nodded. He was dressed in light brown armour, and wore a long red cape over his back. He sported a slight beard, which was as black as his hair.
"No-one must track me to Avalon. I will attain what I wish for." Michelle's mystery captor walked away from the meeting, stopping a moment. "Do not fail me, Scorban."
Scorban, one of the most prominent mercenaries in all of Galatea, nodded in acknowledgment. "Anyone who tracks you is as good as dead."
His employer left the area, walking around the back of a small tree nearby. Moments later he rode off, with Michelle in tow, towards the north.
Scorban, on the other hand, began to walk along the way he had come from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun beat down upon the young knight as he trekked along on the main roads through Galatea, the Tradesman's Road. This great road stretched from the North to the South of the country, and was so named because it was a favourite of trading people everywhere, as it linked to many towns and cities.
The Hammer & Anvil's bartender had told Chris that he needed to seek a respected magician, Albert Cornelius. The man was a recluse, not wanting any contact with the outside world, and so his place of living was somewhere far from prying eyes. The helpful bartender had happened to be an old friend of the magician, and knew where he lived. However, he didn't know if the old man still lived there, or if he was even alive. If Cornelius was still alive and kicking, he would be found deep inside the Forest of Fairies.
Chris was still wondering about that place as he walked the long and winding road North. Supposedly, fairies lived in the forest and would not allow just anyone to enter. It sounded like a good place for the old magician to live out a life of solitude.
He came up to an old sign that lay on the right side of the road. Chris moved out of the way to let a trade caravan rumble past into the distance, then read the old sign. It read:

Forest of Fairies
DO NOT ENTER

"I guess the fairies want their privacy." mused Chris to himself. He didn't exactly believe in fairies, as he'd never seen one in his life, but he kept an open mind.
Chris walked off the Tradesman's Road, venturing towards a place that few humans had ever been to.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later, the Road was far in the distance. Chris really had left civilisation behind, for the moment. Up ahead, he could see massive, pure green trees. He'd never seen such wonderfully healthy trees before. There was definitely something special about the Forest of Fairies.
There were just a few kilometres to go, so Chris got up from a small bench he'd taken a quick rest on, and started off towards the unnaturally green wood.
He made it about ten steps, when he felt a prickling down the back of his neck and spine....like a sixth sense.
He rolled to the left, and an arrow missed him by inches, slamming into the tall tree trunk to his right.
As Chris came out of the roll, Michelle Memoria was already in his hands. He stood up and faced the shooter.
"Not bad.....just what I'd expect from a Knight of the Crown." spoke the figure who had just walked out from behind another tree, that had been back the way Chris had came. He wore brown armour which wasn't full armour like Chris', meaning he was more vulnerable to attack. The plus side of this was that he was more agile, and could avoid attacks more easily.
A red cape blew behind him in the gentle breeze, and his short black hair blew slightly in the same direction. In his hands, he held a black crossbow, which was pointed at Chris' heart. However, he now put the crossbow on his back, as the arrows would be useless against Chris' armour. Instead, he drew a curious looking weapon from the black scabbard on his right hip, a two handed sword with triangular points along the blade. It was a seven branch blade, designed to rip through armour.....and skin.
"I think you'd better drop that." suggested Chris, going into his combat stance. He knew this man wouldn't do anything of the sort.
"Scorban doesn't yield to anyone. Especially when he's getting paid." replied Scorban, eyeing his target with terrifying patience. "What my employer failed to tell me is that I'd be fighting weak little kids."
"So, he sent you after any Knight of the Crown?" asked Chris, not taking his eyes off the mercenary. He knew that people like him were very slippery and sneaky. If he had just a momentary lapse in concentration, it could be the last mistake he ever made.
"Sharp, as well." nodded Scorban, genuinely impressed with Chris' abilities. "It's a shame I have to kill you, kid. I like you. In fact, you remind me of me when I was your age."
"There's one big difference between you and me, Scorban." rebuked Chris, gripping his weapon tighter. "I'm good, and you're evil."
"I'll rephrase that." Scorban blinked, his muscles ready to spring into action. "You allow yourself to be limited by things such as honour and chivalry. I am not constrained by such things, and as such my power is greater than that of yours......as I shall now demonstrate!"
He flung his left wrist up, shooting a circular object from a device inside his sleeve. The silver bladed circle was a chakram, a projectile weapon.
Chris blocked the chakram a split second before it sliced into his face, but the projectile had been meant to distract him. Scorban rushed him, attempting to drive his sword up through Chris' main weak point, the exposed armourless area around his thighs.
The seven branch blade came perilously close to accomplishing this, but it clashed against the white blade of Michelle Memoria. Chris jumped back and thrust outwards at Scorban, but the mercenary had done this before. He pressed his sword upwards against his chest and Michelle Memoria met cold steel.
The young knight and the older sword-for-hire continually locked swords, neither being able to find a weakness or the strength to break through the other's defence. Both of them started to tire, but kept up the fight. Chris wanted to continue after Michelle, and this guy was holding him up. Scorban was simply earning his pay.

Finally, something had to give way. As the two clashed swords together yet again, Scorban suddenly managed to drag his weapon up into Chris' right arm. A normal blade would have crashed off of his arm plates, but the seven branches slid in between them, slicing into his arm.
"Agghhh!!" Chris winced, the branches cutting a deep, raw wound. He moved back quickly, his right arm going slightly numb from the pain. He gritted his teeth, still looking defiantly at his attacker.
"As you can see, armour won't always protect you, kid." spoke Scorban as if he was speaking from experience. "You put up quite a fight, but now it's time I collected on my reward!" He ran towards Chris, his blade poised for the kill.
Chris' endurance was beginning to waver, and his arm was killing him to boot. He wasn't experienced enough to fight this guy, and though he could continue to fight, Scorban would eventually wear him down until he could fight no more. With his wounded arm, Chris' attacks and defence would become much less efficient.
"I can't give up now!!!" he thought angrily to himself, cursing himself for even considering defeat. "Michelle's counting on me....."
The wounded knight's thoughts turned to the Princess. He wondered where she was, if she was alright........if that mystery man did anything to her, he'd.....
"No!" Chris yelled at his oncoming attacker. "I refuse to give up!!!"
He slashed to his right, blocking Scorban's incoming strike which renewed force. He then struck back hard, and so suddenly that Scorban didn't block him fully. The edge of Chris' divine weapon ripped through Scorban's right shoulder.
The battle-hardened mercenary bit his lip and stepped back in pain, grabbing his shoulder. "D-damn it!" he growled. He could have sworn that it had hurt more than a sword normally should....

Chris faced his enemy with new determination. "I will save the Princess, no matter what stands in my way!"

Chris' mind drifted to thoughts of Michelle yet again. She was so sweet, and so beautiful......he wasn't going to let any harm come to her. The memory of her panicked face echoed in his mind......

This surge of the few memories he had of her seemed to trigger something inside him. He began to feel something inside his heart, as if he felt loved.....

Some kind of reaction began to happen between him and Michelle Memoria. Pink energy began to lance through the hilt and into the blade. The shallow markings that were carved into the divine blade began to glow with the same energy. The angel wings on the side had unfolded, showing off their majestic beauty.
Out of the air, seemingly from all around him, particles of the pink energy were slowly being drawn into the tip of the sword. At first they were slow, but then they left trails of pink in the air as they flew into the tip faster, and a great light began to form on the sword tip.

Chris gasped, looking at the weapon. "What's happening???"

He then looked at Scorban, and sudden thought entered his head.

Chris raised Michelle Memoria and pointed it dead on at Scorban. The blade was resonating with energy now, and the light collecting on the sword tip was growing bigger and brighter every second.
The sword began to shake slightly, but Chris held it firmly and steady. The light was now so bright that it was even blocking out the sun's rays and the colours of the surroundings.

"What the hell is this???" shouted Scorban.

Chris' mind seemed to 'lock on' to Scorban. What he was feeling was amazing......it was almost as if he was linked with Michelle Memoria.

Then, two words entered his mind, and Chris yelled them as loud as he could.

"GRAND MEMORIA!!!!!!"

The massive buildup of energy on the tip of Michelle Memoria suddenly 'fired'. Chris shuddered from the recoil of the blast, but remained steady, keeping the sword pointed.
The charge of energy rushed towards Scorban at incredible speed, forming a point. It was a massive energy projectile, powered by the love and memories that Chris had for Michelle.

"AAAARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!" yelled Scorban in terror.

The Grand Memoria hit Scorban with an unearthly force, in a huge explosion of energy and light. It was so powerful that the earth seemed to shake slightly from the blast.
The evil mercenary was blasted away a few feet before landing on the ground with a loud thud. He didn't move.

Chris was breathing heavily, still pointing the sword as before. He was shocked at how much power he'd just discharged, and he held Michelle Memoria up to take a look at it.
The sword was back to its former self, before Chris had used Grand Memoria. It was still white, the angel wings were swept back again and the carvings were no longer filled with energy....it was as if it had never fired a Grand Memoria at all.

Chris walked carefully over to his fallen foe, keeping Michelle Memoria ready in case Scorban was just playing dead. However, as he came up to the mercenary, he knew his blow had been a fatal one.
Scorban's armour was smashed, and he was splattered with blood. However, that was just from the armour cutting into him as it was broken apart....the Grand Memoria hadn't caused any wounds. It was the sheer force of the Grand Memoria that had killed him.

Chris looked at himself and his sword in wonder. "This must be what the Goddess was talking about......when I did that, I felt the love I had for her.....is this what she meant by 'Love's Knight'? Just how powerful am I.....?"

He sheathed the divine sword on his back, and turned around, back towards the forest. As he began to walk, so many thoughts filled the young teen's mind. He'd only just discovered that he could even use the Grand Memoria. How many more powers lay dormant within him, waiting to be unlocked?
Whatever the answer, Chris knew that whatever power her had was linked to his feelings for Michelle. Maybe the more determined he was to save her, the more powerful he would become.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle's kidnapper was tired. He'd stopped riding for a moment to allow the horse to have a drink of water, and so he too could rest. Also, the Princess was beginning to grate on his nerves terribly. Still, he wouldn't have killed her even if he could have. She would have been easy to kill, however.

Or would she....considering what she really was......?
He looked across the plucky young girl. "It's hard to believe that SHE is....." he thought bitterly to himself. "Still, she does have a pure heart.....and she is beautiful.....hah, perhaps once this world becomes my own, I'll make her my bride!"

Michelle was sitting by the river, next to her horse. Her hands were still bound, but right now she didn't care about her predicament. She was thinking of the young knight who had died back at the castle.
Ever since his death, she hadn't been able to stop thinking of him.

She looked down into the water, looking at her reflection. She hated herself for being what she was.....
"If I wasn't half.....then none of this would have happened, and he might still be alive!" she thought, closing her eyes in her anger.
However, she knew that she was just being silly.....none of this was her fault, and besides....being what she was was supposed to be something of honour, not of shame.

She began to think of the knight again. She hadn't even gotten his name.....but she smiled a little to herself.
"He reminds me of you......"

"Bye bye!!!!" she shouted back, watching the young boy disappear into the distance.
Michelle ran all the way along the forest path, until she saw a familiar figure.
"Daddy!!!" she shouted happily, running to him.
King Gideon Campbell knelt down, and father and daughter embraced warmly.
"Michelle, my little princess!" he laughed, kissing her cheek. "Where have you been? You were gone quite a while."
"I was chased by a big bad wolf." she replied, hugging her father tightly, then she let go, looking at him. She giggled remembering the boy she'd met. "But my hero rescued me!"
"Your hero?" grinned Gideon, picking his daughter up. "And who was that?"
"A boy......oh no, I didn't ask him his name!" Her face fell. "We promised each other that we'd get married when we become grown ups!"
"Hehe....my little pumpkin's in love!" laughed Gideon, remembering his days as a kid. The king wasn't exactly as young as he used to be, but did his best to get around the kingdom. This trip out to Cherryglade was one such outing. However, sadness filled his heart. Michelle's discovery of love had made him think of the love he'd had.....and that was cruelly taken away from him.....

The young princess noticed her father was crying. "Daddy, are you crying...?"
Gideon wiped his tears away quickly. "No...no, I'm fine, little Missy...."
The 10 year old was slightly more perceptive than that. "You miss Mommy, don't you....?"
The king was slightly taken aback by Michelle's question. "Yes....I miss your Mommy very much........but I know that she's watching over us, and I know that she loves both you and me."
He stopped walking for a moment, and put Michelle down. He knelt down and looked at her.
"Michelle, let me tell you something. Love is the most wonderful thing in the whole universe. However, even greater than that is true love."
"True...love?" said Michelle quizzically. She tilted her head, listening to her father.
Gideon nodded. "Yes......you'll know it when you feel it, poppet. And when you do, never let the one you love go....."
"I won't, Daddy." smiled Michelle, holding his hand. The two royals began to walk home together.
Gideon's heart was gladdened by the fact that his daughter was becoming such a lovely girl.....but at the same time, he wished her mother could have been alive.
"Jasmine....." he whispered under his breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle sighed. "I wonder if haven't already let my true love go, Daddy....."
Her captor suddenly grabbed her roughly. "It's time to go." he said coldly, mounting her on the horse.
As they galloped away yet again, Michelle wondered if she'd ever see that boy again......
[/i][/b]

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment