Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - An End and a Beginning

Hershey moves on to begin a new life: one without Drago. Rated G.

Chapter 1 - An End and a Beginning

Chapter 1 - An End and a Beginning

An Endand a Beginning

by PhoenixFlower

 

DISCLAIMER:Hershey and Drago belong to Archie Comics and Sega, and the song "LasCadenas" is by the late, great Selena.

 

For anyreaders who don't speak Spanish, I've put the English translation of the songat the end.

 

This takesplace a little after issue #50.

 

*thoughts*

~lyrics~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hershey sat onher bed, on top of the white comforter. Propped against the pillows, she lookedat the dark red, leather photo album she held in her hands. Tokens ofRemembrance, the cover read. Hershey flipped through the pages. It wasn'tthe way one looks at photos as a way of generally reminiscing--her perusal ofthe photographs seemed purposeful, as if she were looking for something inparticular. Her expression was stern, almost cold.

 
~Ahora que ya noestás
Me siento libre
Yo voy donde voy
Y nadie lo impide~
 

She stoppedwhen she reached a certain page. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at thepictures. There, in front of her, were photos of him. Of Drago.

 
~Yo mando mi vida
Y ya siento másfeliz
Que nunca y nunca
Volveré a caercontigo~

 

She scowledslightly. She removed one of the photographs from its clear, plastic sleeve andregarded it for several moments. It was an image of her and Drago, standingwith their arms around each other.

 
~Ahora que ya noestás
Me siento alegre
Ya ha pasado todo
Y ya no me duele~

 

She looked athis smile. Shaking her head, she thought about how that smile that she used tofind so handsome used to make her melt like butter. Now, though, she saw onlythe cockiness, the manipulativeness, the total selfishness that that smirkdidn't even try to mask.

 
~De hoy por siempre
Sólo habráfelicidad
Aquí en mi alma
Yo de ti no quieronada~

 

She had lovedhim. And she had thought he loved her. She had been wrong, though. He tookadvantage of the love she felt for him. He had used and abused her, bothphysically and emotionally. *Well, not anymore,* shethought firmly.

 
~Porque rompí yalas cadenas de tu amor
Y ya nunca nuncavolveré
Porque rompí ya lascadenas de tu amor
Y ya nunca más tequiero ver~

 

Glowering atthe photo, she picked up the pair of scissors that sat on her bedside table.She sliced through the photo with the cold steel, eliminating Drago from it.Only she was left in the photo. *Perfect,* she thought to herself with asatisfied smirk.

 
~Porque he olvidadoesos recuerdos
De tu amor y tusbesos
Y espero alguien nuevo~
 

At first, shehad simply been going to throw away any pictures of her and Drago. But, then,she had thought, why should she have to get rid of pictures of herself?Throwing away pictures of the both of them would be like saying that she hadn'treally separated herself from him. So she decided that she'd simply cut him outof any pictures of him and her together. Any of only him went straight to thetrash.
 
~Ya no siento más amor por ti
Ya no habrá máslágrimas aquí
Ya verás, seréfeliz sin ti~
 

She cast thesevered piece of the photo into the flowered wastebasket next to her bed. *Howfitting. Drago belonged in the trash in the first place.*

 
~Ahora que ya noestás
Me siento alegre
Ya ha pasado todo
Y ya no me duele~
 

As sherummaged through the album, extracting all pictures of Drago she could find,there wasn't a hint of sadness within her heart. She had to do this. She wantedto do this. She knew she should have done it in the first place.

 
~De hoy por siempre
Sólo habráfelicidad
Aquí en mi alma
Yo de ti no quieronada~
 

It took awhile, but she finally managed to clear out the photos of him. Sheplaced the cut photos back in the album. She leafed through the pages, and shenodded with satisfaction. Not a trace of her formerlover remained.

 
~Porque rompí yalas cadenas de tu amor
Y ya nunca nuncavolveré
Porque rompí ya lascadenas de tu amor
Y ya nunca más tequiero ver~
 

It seemedstrange not to see Drago in the album anymore. He had been in her life for solong, and, now, he was gone. It felt odd, yes, but Hershey had no regrets. *Itdoes look sort of empty...but I prefer to think of it as a clean slate.Starting now, I'm starting my life over. My life.*

 
~Porque he olvidado esos recuerdos
De tu amor y tusbesos
Y espero alguien nuevo~
 

She closed thealbum and set it down onto the bedside table. *I'm not your little puppetanymore, Drago. I'm free now. Free forever.*

 
~Ya no siento más amor por ti
Ya no habrá máslágrimas aquí
Ya verás, seréfeliz sin ti~
***********************************************************************

The followingis the English translation of "Las Cadenas" ("The Chains"):

 

Now thatyou're not here anymore

I feel free

I'm goingwhere I'm going

And nobody'shindering it

I'm in chargeof my life

And I feelhappier

I'll never,never

Be with youagain

 

Now thatyou're not here anymore

I feel happy

Everything haspassed

And it doesn'thurt me anymore

From this dayforward

There will beonly happiness

Here in mysoul

I don't wantanything from you

 

CHORUS

Because I'vebroken the chains of your love

And I'llnever, never come back

Because I'vebroken the chains of your love

And I neverwant to see you again

Because I'veleft behind those memories

Of your loveand your kisses

And I awaitsomebody new

I don't feelany more love for you

There won't beany more tears here

You'll see--I'llbe happy without you

 

REPEAT 2NDVERSE

 

REPEAT CHORUS

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment