Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Anna: Skipping school

Diaries is about two very different girls that become friends. I wrote this story ages ago and haven't done anything with it so I'm putting it here.

Chapter 4 - Anna: Skipping school

Chapter 4 - Anna: Skipping school
Anna
I’m skipping school, so is Jenny and my best friend Katie. I’m so happy it’s the last day! School will finish early so we can go home if we get bored. We looked in Claire’s Accessories first. I got a red skull headband and belt. Katie got some cute cat earrings and a snow globe. Jenny got some clip on Missy Stargirl earrings and a Stargirl lucky bag. Katie and me groaned. We went to Toys R’ us for the last two hours. Katie looked at some cuddly toys and I let Jenny drag me to the Missy Stargirl aisle. As I looked at all the stupid dolls with the stupid grins on their faces a girl with shoulder length blonde fizzy hair stared at me like a was a ghost. ‘What?’ I said.
‘I’m s-sorry I thought you was a girl I knew’ she stammered.
‘Who? Is she your friend?’
‘No she’s not’ She sighed. I knew by the look on her face why.
‘Does she push you around a lot?’
‘Yes’ the girl’ said blushing. I can be very straight forward.
‘You got a name?’
‘Sandy’
‘That’s a nice name’
‘Thanks’
‘Mines Anna’
‘I’ve always loved that name’
‘Thanks, do you live on the Galaxy Estate?’
‘Yes’
‘I thought so because of that outfit’ I stared at her posh 70’s dress and Clark’s shoes.
‘I hate it there’
‘I would’
‘Why where do you live?’
‘The Reading Estate’
‘Oh gosh’
I laughed at her then.
‘Don’t laugh’ she said blushing
‘I’m sorry I just thought nobody used that saying expected my sister’
‘No you didn’t! You said all the people on Galaxy Estate said that!’ said Jenny.
‘I was lying!’ I said.
‘What going on?’ said a girl with red hair coming round the corner.
‘Nothing’ said Sandy.
‘Are you making friends?’ asked the red headed girl.
‘No’ said Sandy.
‘Yes’ I said.
‘I’m Willow, do you want to on KFC with us?’
‘Yeah!’ Yelled Jenny.
We got Katie and we all went to KFC, Katie and Willow started talking straight away. They even got a separate table next to mine, Jenny and Sandy’s. I didn’t mind because I had Sandy to talk to.
‘So who is this girl that picks on you?’ I asked.
‘I’m not saying her name but she has this other friend called Xyioa’ Sandy began. She told me everything about a swimming pool incident and at school.
‘So that’s why your skipping school?’ I asked.
‘Yes’
‘I’ll sort them out for you!’
‘They are very tough’
‘So am I!’
‘Your not as tough as them’
‘Yes she is! She hits all of our Mum’s men!’ yelled Jenny.
‘Shut up Jenny!’ I said.
‘Do you?’ Asked Sandy wide-eyed.
‘Yes, but our Mum hits me’ I said. I told her about all of Mum’s blokes.
‘Sorry to hear’ said Sandy.
‘It don’t matter’ I said. I looked at Jenny’s kid’s meal, the free toy was Missy Stargirl.
‘I hate these dumb dolls!’ I yelled, grabbing the doll but Jenny snatched it back, cradling it.
‘I hate them to!’ Said Sandy.
‘Would you and Willow like to come trick-or-treating with us for Halloween?’
‘Yes!’
‘We are going to egg Missy Stargirls’s designer’s house!’
‘Please don’t!’ Said Jenny.
‘Well we are! Katie, Kai, Joey, Kel, Ellie and us!’
‘Oh fine then! But if you are I want to trick-or-treat their first!’ Jenny yelled.
‘OK, good’ I said.
I looked at Sandy she had gone very pale.
‘OK’ she squeaked.
‘You sure, you look very pale. You don’t like the doll do you?’
‘Of course not!’
‘If you say so’ I said. We ate our food horribly quiet, Sandy hardly touched hers, I thought she would love food because she looked a little overweight and she said she did. It’s weird I eat loads and loads of food and stay skinny. I listened to Katie and Willow talking, I would usually push anyone out of the way for talking to my friend Katie and leaving me out. But I made a exception for Willow, I quiet like her, on the way home she chatted to me about a shop I had never heard of but it was full computer games and skater and gothic stuff. It sounded like the shop of my dreams. Katie tried talking to Sandy, but she just muttered answers to her questions. Willow said they had to go through the Reading Estate or else they would be late home. Jenny was thrilled.

We still had half an hour left, so we went to the gothic/ skater shop Willow was talking about. Katie looked at the gothic teddy bears, Sandy looked at the gothic comics admiring the pictures down stairs. Willow, Jenny and me looked up stairs, Willow looked at the games they had, Jenny looked at the clothes and I had a good look at the living dead dolls. I always thought Siren suffered the saddest and worst death. She was a rubbish singer and so someone sewn her mouth shut and she suffocated. But the new dolls that had just come out had suffered the worst deaths. The saddest one was that one doll was in a poppy field and she fell and hit her head. It’s not the very saddest, but it was to me.

Katie brought a scary looking toy cat, Sandy brought a gothic comic with the best pictures, Jenny brought a The Nightmare Before Christmas T-shirt, Willow got a The Nightmare Before Christmas game and I brought the living dead doll that died the saddest death. I’m not a Goth none of us are, we just love the gothic things.

We spent the last 15 minutes in Water Stones, Sandy cheered up a lot then, I didn’t see many books I liked. I didn’t see any books I could read, I can read I just struggle a bit with certain books. It’s probably because I live on the Reading Estate, what a stupid name a bet it really means Reading-difficulties Estate. But Sandy seemed really smart she said her favourite books where the Harry Potter books. We went down stairs and there where fortune telling books. Willow brought one and so did Jenny even though they looked hard to read. She’s more hopeless at reading then me but it might be because she’s younger. Sandy brought five books, she gave one to each of us. Mine seemed simple to read but it was back-to-front I opened it up and it was a comic. Sandy said it was a manga book and you right it right-to-left. The drawings were good, just like mine but mine might be even better, I might not be able to read or write probably but I can draw great.

When we had to leave Sandy went pale again, I think it was because she had to walk through the Reading Estate. I’ve heard what the people on the Galaxy Estate said about it. I never used to hate the Galaxy Estate, I actually used to live there until mum met Jay I also had a friend called Nina who lived there. We did everything together and we always went around each other’s house. Until one day we had a massive fight it was because her parents said I was a bad influence. I said some rude things about them and she started hitting me, I hit her back and she lost the fight. I tried to apologize but she would not speak to me and on the horrible day we had to move she didn’t say goodbye to me. We haven’t seen each other since. I can’t remember anything about her or her parents either.

I wish I could see Nina one more time, I wish I could see all of my mates. But I have new friends now, I also have Sandy and Willow. I hope it will stay that way.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment