Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Sandy- Thankful

Diaries is about two very different girls that become friends. I wrote this story ages ago and haven't done anything with it so I'm putting it here.

Chapter 5 - Sandy- Thankful

Chapter 5 - Sandy- Thankful
Sandy
Dear Diary,
I’m so glad Anna is my friend! I hated walked down the Reading Estate, Kids just said “Hi” to Anna and spat at me. They didn’t spit at Willow because she looked normal. Mum had given up trying to make her posh so she has started on me. Anna yelled some rude words at. One of the girls even cried. One boy with blonde, spiky hair and brown eyes came and started chatting to Anna about school. ‘Some girls have been talking about you behind your back’ He said.
‘Who?’ Asked Anna
‘Dunno, but it sounded like Hilary’
‘I’m gonna kill her!’ Yelled Anna. We went past a charity shop, it had Missy Stargirl in the window.
‘Can you believe it!’ Said Anna.
‘What?’ Asked the boy.
‘Someone has actually thrown away a Missy Stargirl!’
‘It’s probably a worshipper who thrown it away, got to many of the dolls so they thrown ‘em out’
‘I can’t wait until we egg the maker’s house!’
‘I can, I don’t know who to go as!’
‘Wear a mask, whatever you do!’
‘ Hey Kai!’ Yelled a boy, with brown spiky hair and blue eyes.
‘Gotta go see what he wants’ said Kai.
‘OK, see you on Halloween or something’
‘I’m coming! I’m coming! Stop bloody yelling!’ Yelled Kai to the brown haired boy.

When we got to the alleyway that links the Reading Estate to the Galaxy Estate, Willow and I started to worry. There were boys and men in the alleyway, scary boys and men! ‘Come to my house’ said Anna.

Anna’s house was a bit dirty and there were a few specks of blood around probably from the men that Anna told me about. Her parents were out so Anna, Jenny, Katie, Willow and me had the house to ourselves. Katie, Jenny and Willow went into the kitchen to make food while Anna and me went into the front room.
‘Who was that boy?’ I asked.
‘That was Kai, he’s a right idiot sometimes. I’ve been mates with him since I moved here.’ said Anna, she laughed at my face.
‘Really? I can’t remember who was my first friend when I move in the Galaxy Estate’
‘Shame. What do you want to do?’
‘I don’t mind.’
‘The TV is bust, we can draw’
I drew a picture of Anna, drawing her very carefully, worried what she might think. I’m a rubbish drawer, when I had finished I had drew a girl with long hair up to her feet. She wore a big leather jacket and jeans and had a Z shaped blonde streaks. It looked sort of like her but not much. I written in my best hand writing “My best friend Anna” to show her I couldn’t write as bad as I draw.

Anna was looking in the manga comic book I got her, her drawing didn’t take as long as mine. When she had done I look at hers, she drew me was lovely manga eyes my fizzy blonde hair, my freckles and even the creases in my clothes. She was a brilliant drawer. I looked at her message at the top it said “My bst firend Sandey!”
‘I know, I can’t write that good’ she said when she saw my face.
‘But you can’t half draw!’
‘Thanks, your writing is great and your drawing’
‘Rubbish!’
‘It took me ages to learn manga’
‘You should post some of your drawings on the internet’
‘We don’t have a computer, we hardly have anything!’
‘You can use mine sometime’ I said, but then I thought if she knew who my mum was she would go straight off me.
‘Really?’ Anna asked.
‘Maybe, I don’t know’ I said. Then Katie, Jenny and Willow came in with sweet smelling cookies, cakes, biscuits, chips and popcorn!

As we ate to play card games and paper games we talked and played my favourite game, charades. We drew some more, I was glad that Jenny was worster then me, but she is younger. We were all having a great time until Mum phoned Willow on her mobile. Jenny started yelling so loud I could hardly hear myself think. Ditto Anna.
‘It’s Missy Stargirls’s designer! It is! It is!’ She yelled.
‘It’s not! It Sandy’s Mum!’ Anna yelled.
‘So, Sandy’s Mum is Missy Stargirls’s designer!’ Jenny screamed, jumped on the sofa.
‘No she’s not you muppet!’ Said Anna.
I didn’t say anything.
‘Bye!’ Willow, said into her phone and shut it down sharply.
‘Our Mum’s not that dumb doll’s designer is she, Willow?’ I asked her.
‘No’ Willow said.
‘See!’ Said Anna to Jenny.
‘Aww! I wish she was!’ Whined Jenny slouching on the sofa.
‘Well I sure don’t!’ Said Anna, hugging me. She smelt of that lovely Halloween-plastic. I loved the smell and hated it when she pulled away. We all started saying stuff about Missy Stargirls’s designer. My Mum. I felt horribly guilty, Willow seemed to be keeping her cool. Anna said very rude things about my Mum and Katie joined in. I tried to pretend they weren’t on about my mum, they were on about Nina. Yes, Nina. But it didn’t seem to work. I just hunched up small next to Anna and eating my way through the cookies, chips, biscuits and cake until I felt sick.

Finally Willow and me set off home, we where already very late but Willow can confuse Mum so nobody gets blamed. We stayed horribly silent until halfway home.
‘That Anna has got a mouth on her hasn’t she?’
‘I dunno’
‘Don’t talk like that in front of mum she’ll go mad’
‘OK’
‘I felt like hitting her saying that stuff about Mum!’
‘Don’t!’ I said, looking around in case Anna was following us.
‘I don’t know why Katie likes her’
‘Don’t say that, she’s Anna’s friend’
‘She even said she might ditch her’
‘Really?’
‘Don’t tell her!’
‘I won’t’
‘I heard what happened about the swimming pool incident. You tell someone you just met but not your own sister!’
‘Sorry’
‘What does she mean, “you’ll sink!” Your better being over-weight in swimming because you float!’
‘Really?’
‘Yeah!’
‘Now your speaking like Anna’s people’ I giggled.
‘Anna’s people? You mean people like Anna!’
‘Do you like her?’
‘Not really, that don’t stop you’
‘I can still see her?’
‘Just don’t let her near the house! If she found out about Mum-’
‘Shut up!’
‘Whoa! Look at the time we better hurry!’ said Willow, looking at her watch.
‘How late are we?’
‘Two hours!’

We rushed home, Mum didn’t sound like she was home. Dad did, he sounded drunk. We opened the door. ‘Where you two been then?’ Leaning on the stair railing to support him, his voice was thick as well.
‘Out’ said Willow.
‘Out where?’ said Dad.
‘Just out’
‘Out where?’
‘I said just out!’ said Willow, going upstairs.
‘Well, I am absolutely CONFUZZLED!’ Dad said to me.
I found Willow in our room looking for something in her wardrobe.
I giggled.
‘Pack giggling, your sitting on my bed, don’t wet it!’
I giggled even more.
‘Say it don’t spray it!’ said Willow, pretending to wipe her face.
‘Your funny!’
‘Rubbish! Now shut up, I’ve got something for you’
‘What?’ I said. She brought out a beautiful black dress with spider net sleeves it had a sliver belt and a cape.
‘That’s lovely!’ I said, stroking the dress, it smelled like the Halloween plastic Anna smelt of.
‘It’s yours. I made it. It’s your Halloween costume.’ Said Willow.
‘THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!’ I yelled and hugged her.
‘OK, get off!’
‘What are you going as?
‘A witch I’m going to have a mask so Mum won’t recognize me.’
‘Are we going to egg the house then?’
‘Got no choice’
‘But I don’t have a mask!’
‘Because you’ll have this’ Willow brought out a black Vail with a spider net that can hide my face.
‘Spider bride’ said Willow.
‘I love it!’ I tried it on, it fit perfectly. I was fat but tall as well so it looked quiet good and it didn’t show off my belly.
‘Looks like it fits’ Willow said, dancing around in her witch dress. I looked at her mask.
‘Willow! You’ll spoil your dress with that mask!’
‘I’m only wearing it when we egg the house’
‘Good’
‘Yes mother’
I giggled.
‘Pack giggling!’
‘I can’t’

It is great fun to have a sister like Willow, it great to have a friend like Anna as well. I hope our friendship lasts, it will be hard with Mum but she’s OK. I can ask Anna round our house when Mum is out and Dad is asleep. Willow won’t mind if she brings Jenny for someone to talk to, Jenny always has to come anyway.

I’m going to Anna’s tomorrow for Halloween.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment