Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - How'd She Know?

They find a new titan who has an... interesting past. Will there also be a little romance on the side? Between who?

Chapter 7 - How'd She Know?

Chapter 7 - How'd She Know?


Chronicles of a New Titan

Chapter 7- How'd she know?





Holly's POV

She had no idea what so ever possessed her to say it. Maybe it was the disappointment on Robin's face, then the words tumbled past her lips before she knew what was happening.



“I know where he is.”



Robin looked at her sternly for a moment while the others looked at her with a mixture of confusion and curiosity.



“How do you know?” Raven questioned skeptically.



“I, I just do.” at these words, Raven narrowed her eyes in deeper disbelief.



“This is wonderful news, dear friend!” Starfire was always too positive and trusting to think she was lying.



“Can you show me?” Robin had asked what seemed so suddenly and sharply it made her hesitate.



“Yeah, yes, I can show you.”



“Well let's get moving.” he was warming slightly. Holly scrunched her eyes concentrating hard. Then slowly, timidly, she said, “One problem,” they all looked at her expectantly.



“What is it?” Beastboy said in a soothing tone noticing how unnerved she seemed.



“Well the T-Car is to big to get there and walking will be too slow.”



Robin was already straddling his R-Cycle and was hurriedly fastening his helmet. “Hop on and tell me the way. Starfire, you carry Cyborg and follow us. You too Raven and Beastboy.”



Holly feeling very unsure about the whole thing, picked up a helmet and got on behind him with her hands gently on his shoulders. He gently guided her grip so she now had her arms wrapped securely around him. Robin revved the engine and took off as the others took to the air to follow them. She tiredly rested her head on his shoulder as thoughts flooded her mind. `What am I doing? Do I REALLY know where I'm going? It's amazing how quickly they trusted me…' Feeling a sudden wave of guilt, she clung to Robin and pulled herself to his well-toned figure.



As they got closer and closer to the heart of the city, she led Robin to Johnny Rancid's lair by putting more pressure on one side. `Kind of like leading a horse.' She thought and a smile crept onto her lips.



Robin's POV



Eventually they had made their way to countless warehouses near the docks and indeed, the roads had become smaller; the T-Car would never have been able to fit through here.



Then a thought dawned on him suddenly. `How does she know? That is, if he's even here, how would she know?' He mulled the question over and over as he made a series of confusing twists and turns. After turning left, Robin had to bring the bike to a sudden halt and he felt Holly's soft form pressing against him. He quickly apologized for the abrupt stop, but they had reached a dead end.



Holly quickly hopped off the bike and the others landed near her while Robin parked the R-Cycle.

“Why are we here, were we not on a quest to find the Johnny's `secret lair'?” asked Starfire she landed next to Holly. Holly had given the helmet back to Robin and had crushed her eyes closed again, thinking. Slowly she said,

“He's here. I know he is.” Robin was watching her carefully as the question nagged him, `How does she know?'



Abruptly, she strode over to a green tinted dumpster.

“Little help here?” she said as she braced herself against the side of it and tried to push it out of the way. Everyone was a little timid to help her, except for Beastboy. He ran over to assist her by becoming a large bull and using his head. He pushed the dumpster out of the way and to everyone's surprise, there was a metallic door glistening in the dim light.



Robin had noticed that even Holly had looked mildly surprised and that's when he decided to voice his question. He stood in front of her, looked into her blue eyes and sternly asked her,

“How did you know?”

She was avoiding eye contact with him. She looked from the door back to her hands, which were nervously twisting in front of her. After a brief pause, she shrugged and murmured quietly,

“I don't know.”



He squinted his eyes and stared at her as if he were trying to see through her and was desperately searching for the answer when suddenly Cyborg announced,

“She's right, there's someone in there. Now the door's sturdy titanium, but we can knock it down easily enough.” he had been scanning it.



Grudgingly, Robin broke his gaze and said, “What are we waiting for?”

Cyborg eyeballed it once more then he pulled back a fist and let it go. The door went soaring with a crash into the dark hall. Starfire lit her hands with the ghostly green glow and Cyborg's shoulder light flicked on.



“Come on.” Robin strode ahead and took the lead. Holly stood in the doorway when Raven's voice came behind her.

“Go on.” Her voice was as icy as her cold gaze on her. Timidly, Holly followed the others with Raven behind her. Soon the sound of heavy metal music, accompanied by the sound of welding filled the tunnel's dank, musty air. As Robin pulled back a dirty over sized rag used as a curtain, he revealed Johnny Rancid with his back to them, working on his latest monstrosity.



“It's over Johnny!” Robin declared stepping forward with the other Titans in an air of authority. Angrily, Johnny turned on them.

“How'd you find me?!”

“That's not your concern.” Beastboy said aggressively. Johnny lunged at them and tried to get through, but Raven surrounded him with her black energy and he was caught. They hauled him into the city jail and went back to Titan's Tower without a word.



As Robin pulled up, Holly got off and silently went inside. She was headed for her room when someone caught her wrist. She whirled around and found herself facing a very serious Beastboy.

“How'd you know?”

Holly closed her eyes and remained still and quite, so Beastboy led her to the couch.

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Plainntall on March 7, 2006, 10:38:57 AM

Plainntall on
PlainntallThat's sooo sweet! No problem-o! ^_^

phoenixgigs on March 1, 2006, 2:13:55 AM

phoenixgigs on
phoenixgigswow you really are talented! sorry 4 not commenting earlier but i haven't have time!^^

Plainntall on January 26, 2006, 9:35:37 AM

Plainntall on
PlainntallAn orange? Okay then...lol

RavenGothGirl on January 26, 2006, 2:16:37 AM

RavenGothGirl on
RavenGothGirlOoh!!! cliffie!!!! Can't wait for the next chapter!! Although I'm a strict S/R and R/BB fan (I support BB/R more than BB/T), I must say, I'm liking the romance in this!

I wish there was more to read...now I only have an orange to attack....

Plainntall on January 20, 2006, 11:33:33 AM

Plainntall on
PlainntallOH! That's good! I mean... maybe... *shifty eyes*

Thanks for the comments. I read them all. I think I'll give you credit in my next chapter, you've really helped me out! ^_^

Fire_Feline on January 20, 2006, 2:40:57 AM

Fire_Feline on
Fire_Felineyaa add more, maybe she's sycic (i know i spelled that wrong)

Kakashikuns_lover60 on December 23, 2005, 3:49:04 PM

Kakashikuns_lover60 on
Kakashikuns_lover60Yay 1st comment *Does 1st comment dance* awasome story u rock!!