Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Invitation To Leave

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 1 - Invitation To Leave

Chapter 1 - Invitation To Leave
Chapter One
Invitation To Leave



As I slowly opened my eyes, I noticed gray, dim light streaming through my curtains. I could tell it was going to be a nice, cloudy day today. I got out of bed and got dressed. I walked downstairs to find Aunt Mollie sitting at the kitchen table.
"Good morning," I said casually.
"Good mornin', hon," she cheerfully said back to me. "Looks pretty cloudy today, huh? Gonna be nice for you and your brother."
"Yeah, it is. I just might go on a walk with Aeryk after school." Daren came down then, stomping on every step. He landed on the ground and said, "Hey."
"How come even though you were two years older than me when we transformed and yet, I'm more mature than you?"
"What are you talkin' 'bout, little sis'?"
"I'm talking about your grand entrance stomping down the stairs just now," I said, taking a mouthful of blood. He simply gave me a small smirk then drank some breakfast himself.
I realised the time then and ran to the living room and grabbed my backpack. Daren did the same.
"See ya, Aunt Mollie," we both said and we were on our way to school.

* * *


"Rayne!" I heard a voice call my name. I turned to see Nat rushing towards me.
"Hey," I said in the same tone I'd used with Aunt Mollie earlier. "What's up?"
"I aced the biology test. First 'A' of the semester."
"Great." Just then, someone from behind wrapped their arms around me and murmured in my ear, "Hey, you." I turned my head to see that it was Aeryk, just as I had expected. "Hey," I said and he gave me a small kiss. He unwrapped his arms from around me and put his left arm around my shoulders. I started turning the dial on my locker.
"Rayne, did you get my text last night?" Nat asked.
"No, went to bed early."
"As soon as you have a chance, read it. Okay?"
"Yeah, sure." She started walking down the hall and Aeryk's arm fell from my shoulders and he leaned casually against the locker next to mine while I got some books. "Hey, here comes your bro," Aeryk said, pointing down the hall. I looked and there he was, as cocky as ever, with his arm on Kayla's shoulders and a huge smile on his face. Just then, the bell screeched so I slammed my locker closed and walked with Aeryk to first period biology, totally ignoring Daren. When we got into class, we sat down next to eachother in the back right corner of the room, Nat was already in the seat in front of me. Mrs. Colton walked in.
"Good mornig, class. Today, we will be disecting flounder. And these are fresh this time so the classroom won't stink of fish again." Everybody gave a small laugh, everybody except for me. At the word "fresh," my muscles had tensed. The flounder being fresh means that they still had blood. Mrs. Colton started passing out scalpels and latex gloves. Then went to a cooler at the front of the room and opened it. The second she did, my head was filled with the scent of blood. My K-9s wanted to grow but I wouldn't let them, I had to get out, fast. I practically jogged out the door. I could hear Mrs. Colton yelling at me to come back, then a chair scooting out and loud footsteps. The footsteps got louder and someone grabbed my arm. Aeryk. Of course.
"Hey, what's up?" he asked, sounding worried.
"The flounder are fresh, they still have blood," I replied shortly. I was still high off of the scent of blood and could barely concentrate on what I was saying so I wasn't going to talk much.
"Are you in control?" I nodded. "Okay, you clearly can't go back in there so I'll wait out here with you this period."
"Thanks," I said. Then, Nat walked up to us and said harshly,"Rayne, what're you doing?!"
"The fish still have blood," Aeryk explained simply. She just gave me an annoyed look and went back to class.
"C'mon, we have about an hour-and-a-half, let's go somewhere."
"Kay," I said and he put his arm around my shoulders again and we walked down the hallway and out the double-doors. When we were in the middle of the school campus, Aeryk stopped, faced me, and put his hands on my arms.
"Rayne, I need to talk to you for a second," he said.
"Okay, what's up?"
"My dad's company wants him to move to New York for a year. And I don't wanna leave you here alone that long. I just can't be away from you. So, do you want to go with us? Please, it would mean so much to me."
"Oh, Aeryk, I don't know, I would have to talk to Aunt Mollie and Daren and Nat and all that junk. Daren really needs a mature person around to keep him from trouble, you know."
"Yeah, but, I love you, and I don't want to leave without you."
"Did you just say you love me?" I asked, astonished.
"Yes."
"Oh, Aeryk!" I leaned forward and kissed him. I pulled away and whispered, "How could I say no?" He smiled his amazing smile, thanked me, and kissed me again. He pulled away, put his arm around my shoulders and we walked around the campus for the rest of first period.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

potterfan on December 28, 2009, 5:23:40 AM

potterfan on
potterfanOMG I LOVVVEEEEEEZZZZ IT!!!!! XD