Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Fear

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 4 - Fear

Chapter 4 - Fear
Chapter Four
Fear



I woke up to blinding sunlight coming in thorugh the window that was still wide open. It was Saturday. Aeyrk, with his arm still around me, was sleeping still. I stared at the ceiling for a few moments, thinking about what had happened during the night. Finally, I lifted Aeryk's arm and got dressed. I walked down the stairs to see Daren, who usually slept until 11:00, was already awake and watching TV. He looked up at me and a huge grin appeared on his face.
"Hope you kids didn't have too much fun last night after what I saw," he said tauntingly.
"Shut up, I already have a lot on my mind," I said sharply.
"Why? Anything happen that I should know about?" I took a deep breath, remembering how close and frightening Alexander had been.
"Alexander was here last night," I said quietly.
"What?" he sounded like he couldn't believe what I was telling him.
"He was in my room and he said that he knew that in the end, Aeryk would leave me and not care about how hurt I was. He told me that he didn't want that to happen to me, then je asked me to leave with him."
"Don't listen to him. Aeryk's crazy for you, you should hear the kind of stuff he says about you when you're not around. Does Aeryk know?"
"No and I want it to stay that way, okay?"
"Why shouldn't he know? I don't think he would like it very much if you suddenly left with some other guy. And I wouldn't like having to be the one to tell him about last night very much either."
"I just don't want him to be scared. I want him to be as happy as possible. So I'm not going to tell him and neither are you. Don't tell anyone. Not even Aunt Mollie, you got that?" He seemed too shocked at my decision that he was at a loss for words. He simply nodded his head. Aeryk came down then, still half asleep and in his pajamas. He put his arm on my shoudlers and said, "Hey, good morning you two."
"Good morning," I said softly. I couldn't even look him in the eyes.
"Morning, Aeryk," Daren said as if there was nothing wrong.
"You guys got any meat?"
"Oh yeah, we usually don't eat it, though, we just suck the blood out of it," Daren said, walking towards the kitchen.
"Cool," Aeryk said and followed him. I was left alone in the living room. I started visualizing the night before. The way I had ignored thinking I had seen someone in the yard. Then being stupid enough not to wake Aeryk and tell him. I also remembered Alexander sounding so frightening and serious when he said that he was going to kill Aeryk if he woke up. Alexander's angry face stuck in my head.
"RAYNE!" It was Aeryk and Daren trying to get my attention. I looked up at Aeryk who had been shaking my arm to break my thoughts.
"Yes?" I said in a voice that still seemed lost.
"Are you okay?" Aeryk asked with clear worry in his voice.
"Yeah," I said and looked at Daren. He ws staring at me with concern written all over his face. I looked away and walked up the stairs to my room. I heard Aeryk start to question Daren and stopped in the doorway. I turned my head a little to look at Daren through the corner of my eye. I could see Aeryk off to the side still staring at me. He looked so confused and...scared. I hated it.
"You tell him," I said softly and walked into the room, closed the door, and locked it. I started to hear the muffled voice of Daren explain what I had told him. He finished. There was a silence from Aeryk that seemed to last forever. Then I heard him scream in anger.
"WHY DOES HE WANT TO HURT HER?! SHE'S DONE NOTHING WRONG!" His voice started to get growly. "I'M GONNA KILL HIM!"
"Aeryk!" I heard Daren yell. Then I heard a loud howl and a crash. I looked out the window to see Aeryk transformed and running at full speed towards Alexander's house. I saw Daren run out to the yard and scream at the top of his lungs, "AERYK!" I walked to the window and opened it.
"Daren," I almost whipsered. he heard me with his inhuman hearing. He looked up at me, his expression was fear. Pure fear.
"I'm sorry," I whipered and could no longer look at him. I heard him grunt in confusion of what to do. He finally said something.
"I'll be back." Then I heard his footsteps running and him yelling after Aeryk. I sunk down below the window and started crying. I couldn't believe I'd wanted to keep that from Aeryk. I also couldn't belive that I couldn't tell him myself. I felt ashamed and weak. Then, with my enhanced hearing, I heard the most heartbreaking sound I've ever heard.
“YOU WILL DIE, DOG!” Alexander was screaming. I heard a series of barks from Aeryk and then Daren yelling, “Aeryk, don’t do it! Rayne wouldn’t want you to.” I heard a long and loud growl from Aeryk then a yelp.
“I told you you would die.” I heard a loud whimper from Aeryk then a scream from Daren saying, “How many people do you have to hurt before you’re satisfied?!” I heard him lunge at Alexander, supposedly about to hit him. I heard Alexander simply say, “Are you sure you want to do that after what I just did to your friend?” I felt the sadness flow out of me and it was replaced with rage. I stood up and jumped out the window. I landed softly, barely with any noise, and ran as fast as I could to where I could still hear Alexander talking. I arrived to see Alexander holding Daren up by the neck, choking him.
“ALEXANDER!” I yelled.
“Ah, you’ve come to join us, love. What a great surprise.” He was still holding Daren by the neck.
“Let him go.”
He looked at Daren desperately trying to break free and let him go. Daren fell to the ground and stayed crouched there, gasping for air. Then I looke to the side and saw Aeryk. Some of the sadness from before was coming back. He was laying on the ground, still in wolf form. He was barely breathing and I new he would need medical attention. Then I realized that Alexander had done this, Alexander had put the love of my life in pain. My eyes darted to Alexander, they were filled with anger and hatred. He laughed and walked up to me.
“Do you really think that he can protect you? Look what I did in less than a second.” My eyes were unmoving from him.
“You. Almsot. Killed. Aeryk,” was all that I could say in my anger. I threw a strong punch into his stomach and he bent over surprisingly. He chuckled and said, “Now, that was unexpected. You’re strong. You’re not even a newborn vampire. I like that.” I growled and lunged another fist at him. He moved quickly and grabbed my wrist. I tried to hit him with the other but he caught that one, too.
“You may be strong, but I’m still stronger.” I was putting as much force as I could in attempt to knock him down, but he stood his ground. He raised his arms, still holding my wrists, and threw me down. “I’m going to let you three live out of pity. I truely do feel sorry at how pathetic excuses you and your brother are for vampires. You won’t even use your powers unless it is necessary.” He walked towards his house which was out of my sight. I heard the front door open then close. I didn’t feel that I was strong enough to walk upright so i crawled over to Daren who was still laying on the ground but he was no longer gasping for air. I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked up quickly.
“You okay?” I asked. He nodded and looked back down. I started to crawl over to Aeryk, frightened of what I was going to see up close. I put my hand on his shoulder just as I had with Daren, but I felt warm liquid. I stared at my hand for a moment then slowly lifted it up. I saw it was covered in Aeryk’s blood. The scent of it reachedmy nostrils and my fangs started to grow. I resisted and got up even in my weakness to run to Daren. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him up off the gorund and started running with him to the house.
“What’s going on? What about Aeryk?” he asked, clearly confused.
“He’s bleeding badly. We had to get away so we wouldn’t hurt him.” I began to cry. I hated that I had to leave him when he was injured. We reached the house and Daren ran to get a phone to call 911. I heard him say the address, thank them, then hang up. He ran into the living room where I was sitting on the couch and said, “They’re going to get him. He’ll be fine.” I just looked at him with tears running down my cheeks and simply nodded. He sat down on the couch with me, hugged me and whispered, “Everything’s gonna be okay.” I could tell he didn’t believe that himself.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PnurpleChild on December 28, 2009, 7:45:36 AM

PnurpleChild on
PnurpleChildDid that surprise you?

PnurpleChild on December 28, 2009, 7:19:46 AM

PnurpleChild on
PnurpleChildAHAHAHAHAHA! That made me crack up....

potterfan on December 28, 2009, 7:26:04 AM

potterfan on
potterfanWhat did? '~'

PnurpleChild on December 28, 2009, 7:44:03 AM

PnurpleChild on
PnurpleChildThe "Oh.My.God." thing

potterfan on December 28, 2009, 7:12:46 AM

potterfan on
potterfanOO
Oh.My.God.