Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Two Days

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 5 - Two Days

Chapter 5 - Two Days
Chapter Five
Two Days


Since Daren and I couldn’t see Aeryk without getting hungry, only Aunt Mollie could go see him. The night he was sent to the hopsital, she came back saying that they would have to keep him there for two more days due to excesive bleeding in his shoulder. Those two days had been depressing and terrifying. It was a long weekend. We didn't have school on Monday. All day Sunday Nat was over to talk about Aeryk. I didn't tell her that it had been Alexander who had hurt him. I just told her that we had been on a walk and he had tripped, hit his head, and got a concusion. Her family had ran out to see what was going on when they heard the sirens is what she mostly told me. The rest of the time I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying becasue I was so worried about Aeryk. I was mad, too. I was mad that I couldn't even see him because I would most likely hurt him. I was mad at Alexander for doing this. I was even mad at myself for not being able to help. I was also thinking of tomorow night when Aeryk came back. Would Alexander still try to hurt him? That's basically what we did all day. she didn't even seem to notice ,or care if she had, that I wasn't really paying attention. Every once in a while Daren came in and asked if I wanted any lunch. I mostly ignored him, too.
Then, around 8:00, Aunt Molie returned home and Nat left. We ate dinner in silence then Daren went to the living room to watch TV, Aunt Mollie went to work on the garden in the back, and I went up to my room. I only got to relax for about fifteen minutes before I heard Daren yelling up to me to come down and see something. I walked out and said, "What's the problem?"
"Go look at the news!" he said and ran to the back door to get Mollie. I walked into the living room and looked at the TV which was showing a news broadcast. I looked at the headline.
"Five teens have mysteriously disappeared." It read. I looked down to the live interview they were having with a police officer. Daren and Aunt Mollie ran in then.
"Well, the mother of one of the kids said that they were all going out to a movie around two this afternoon. She had specifically told them to be back around 5:30. It was around 8:00 that she finally called the police. The teens' names are Trent Branston, Tina Summers, Logan Cox, Brandon Willards, and Lisa Stratsford."
"They're all from our school," I said softly, "They all are in my Trig class. What could've happened to them?"
"I don't know but the Cox family lives right around this area. Which means that's also Alexander's," Daren said, apparently feeling like the smartest person on the planet at the moment. I couldn't say anything. Was Alexander the one behind the disappearances? That night we all went to bed pondering that question. Is Alexander really that crazy? Would he really go on a rampage of death?
I woke up early the next morning since my mind was used to getting up that early on Mondays. I walked down to get some breakfast and was surprised to see Daren already at the kitchen table with a cup full of blood.
"What are you doing up this early?" I asked lazily.
"I've been up all night. I'm worried, too. Kayla lives three houses down from the Cox family. I was watching the news to see if they found those kids yet. Thye haven't." I had never seen Daren so serious before. It was comforting that I knew he could take things seriously but it also frightened me. He looked so...sad. I noticed that the TV was on in the living room. I walked in to watch. When I saw what was on the screen, I shouted Daren's name. He walked in and looked at the TV.
"Teens found dead near stream." Is what the headline was. I looked down at the camera's view. It showed the grey, dead faces of Trent and Lisa. Then it went to another camera and showed the reporter. She said, "These teens went missing last night and just a couple of minutes ago, police found them all dead near this stream. Lets ask a couple of questions." The camera turned to the same officer from last night.
"Um, we don't know what could've happened to these kids. It's really very strange. When we found them, we saw that each of them, on different parts of their body, had two holes. They also seem to have lost large amounts of blood. Heh, it kinda makes you think a vampire attacked them, huh? But that's impossible. So, we're still trying to figure out how these kids died and we'll inform you when we know something."
"Thank you, officer," the reporter said and the camera went back to her. I looked at Daren in disbelief. He looked at me with the same expression on his face. We had unfortunately been right about Alexander. Daren slowly reached for the remote and turned off the TV. He sat down on the couch and put his face in his hands.
"Oh my gosh," he whipered and he started crying. "Kayla." I sat down next to him and hugged him.
"She's gonna be okay," I said to him even though I didn't completely know that myself. Now I was glad that Aeryk was safe in a hospital. Then I remembered, he was coming back tonight. I started sobbing with Daren at this thought. I heard the front door open and close. I decided it was Aunt Mollie and called, "We have bad news, Aunt Mollie."
"Sorry, love, but I'm not your Auntie." I heard a devilishly beautiful voice say softly. I looked up and saw Alexander standing in front of Daren and me. He smiled when our eyes met. "So, how's the dog?" he said teasingly. All the anger rose up in me again, but I didn't try to fight this time.
"I hope I didn't cause you two too much trouble the other night. That dog simply aggrivated me and I got violent. But you're still, my favorite," he said mockingly.
"Don't call Aeryk a dog," I whispered. He ignored me and kept talking.
"And let me tell you I had a devine feast last night. Sorry if they were friends of yours. But I was by the stream and hungry when they passed by. They smelled so...delicious. I couldn't resist." Daren hadn't looked up but he knew that Alexader was ther and he was listening.
"Well, I just stopped by to remind you to watch your actions. And don't let that emotionally unstable dog near me again. Right, love?" I just stared at him evily. He gave me a smirk and left. Daren, still looking down said, "I'm gonna have to kill him later."
Hours passed by and in that time Aunt Mollie had come home. We hadn't told about Alexander. It was around 7:00 now and she had just left to go pick up Aeryk from the hospital. I had to admit that I was extremly excited. I had been so worried for what seemed like forever. Daren and I sat at the kitchen table anxiously awaiting the arrival of Aunt Mollie and Aeryk.
"So, you excited?" Daren asked to break the silence. I nodded and he said, "Yeah, me too." We waited for a couple more minutes then we heard a car engine in the front yard. I looked up at the front door impatiently. It finally opened and Aeryk stepped in. I got up out of my chair and ran to him to give him a hug. He hugged me back and said, "Miss me?"
"Of course I did," I said and let go of him. Daren walked over and gave Aeryk a brotherly hug.
"Hey, we missed you, man," he said and they separated.
"Yeah, sorta guessed that already." I was so happy to see him happy. He had been scared and depressed the one day I had spent with him. But when I looked into his eyes, I could tell he was still afraid.
"Hey, Aeryk, we have to talk to you about something," Daren said.
"Yeah, what is it?"
"Alexander."
"Tell me everything." We all sat down in the living room and Daren and I told Aeryk and Aunt Mollie the whole story.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

potterfan on December 28, 2009, 12:27:31 PM

potterfan on
potterfan:D