Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Explanations

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 8 - Explanations

Chapter 8 - Explanations

Chapter Eight
Explanations

That night, I lied awake in bed with Aeryk's arms around me for hours. I was worrying about Nat. Suddenly, my window flew open and a huge gust of wind blew in. I got up to go close it. I turned away from the window and Alexander was standing right behind me. It startled me and I jumped. He smiled when I did.
"Did I scare you, love?" he asked without a hint of worry in his voice.
"No," I said but I knew he could hear the lie in my voice.
"I just wanted to ask you how you knew Natalie."
"We're best friends. Well...we were."
"Oh, what happened?" he said, the concern clearly mocking.
"You happened," I stated.
"Oh, I'm sorry that I ruined your friendship." He wasn't sorry at all.
"I also wanted to explain some things to you. You know, why I did this, why I did that type of thing. Lets see, ah, we'll start with Natalie. I'm sure you're wondering why I wanted to go on a date with her. Well, the reason is because of my...reputation. I'll give you a short history lesson right here. You see, I've been around for a very long time. And when I was merely a newborn vampire, I still had a girl to love. But one night, when I was out with her, I was hungry, I killed her. This, I will admit, caused me to go insane. I sought out human girls that reminded me of her, charmed them, and eventually killed them. Then I started with vampire girls. I don't really know why I still do it. It's just fun, I guess. That is why I'm chasing you, Rayne. You remind me so much of Margarett. You look like her, sound like her, you even smell like her. And that is the smae reason I am chasing Natalie. She reminds me of her."
"How is killing people fun?'' I said more to myself than him.
"I don't know, it just is. Now, I guess I'll also explain tose teens. This is a simple explanation. I was hungry. I know you're ususally only supposed to kill one human at a time but I'll tell you why I kill more than one. People,in their last moments, tend to show who they really are. I know which ones are cowards, which ones are courageous, which ones care, and which ones really couldn't care less about anything. When I was about to kill him," he nodded his head towards Aeryk, "he showed who he really is, too." An evil smile appeared on his face. "Would you like to know what kind of person he is?"
"Shut up," I said very softly.
"You don't?" he asked tauntigly.
"Shut up," I said a little louder.
"Afterall, he is the 'love of your life.'"
"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I almost yelled. He chuckled.
"I think you already know. That's why your'e getting so angry. You know how weak, ignorant, and unstable he is. Face it, he's a coward." I looked into his glowing red eyes. I saw amusement, joy, glee. He was laughing at my pain. He chuckled again.
"You do know. You know that's another reason why I love you. You're so easy to read. And you should be happy that I'm inlove with you, otherwise, he would be dead by now." I took in a deep breath. He turned his head to look out the window.
"I have to leave," he said and walked over to the window and opened it. He was up on the windowsill and turned his head towards me.
"Until we meet again, love," he said then he vanished. The curtains flying in the wind. I shuddered out of fear, anger, and the wind was freezing. I closed the window and quickly got back into bed. I looked at Aeryk's sleeping face. He looked os calm and peaceful. He always looked worried during the day. I stroked his cheek and he woke up. He looked at my face and smiled.
"You look even more beautiful in this dim light than usual," he said, still smiling. I smiled back at him then kissed him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me back. I pulled away and buried my face into his chest.
"Aeryk's not a coward," I thought to myself. He hugged me and whispered, "I love you." I smiled and said, "I love you, too." He kept holding me in his arms and he fell asleep. I was still awake. I was tring to erase all thoughts of Nat and Alexander and concentrate on being here with Aeryk. Nat didn't know how amazing he is. She had never hugged him, she had never kissed him, she hadn't even had a real conversation with him after I thought about it. Oh well, her loss. I erased everyting in my mind except for Aeryk again. I fell asleep with his arms around me and ny face in his chest.

* * *


The next morning, I was getting ready to go to school again. Daren walked up to me and gave me something.
"Here," he said.
"What's this?"
"I know Alexander was in your room again last night." I looked at the thing he had given me. It was an audio recorder. "We need to know how he thinks. Keep this with you at all times, okay?"
"Wow, Daren, this is actually a really smart idea." I was realy surprised.
"Hey, I can be smart when I need to be." He showed me where to hide it so it didn't get taken away from teachers.
"Thanks," I said.
"Aeryk knows about it, too," he said and after everybody had gotten some breakfast, we were off to school.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

potterfan on December 29, 2009, 9:01:22 AM

potterfan on
potterfanAewyk! :3
kudukudukudukudu!