Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Powers

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 9 - Powers

Chapter 9 - Powers
Chapter Nine
Powers


I was sitting in Biology again. I was in my usual back corner with Aeryk sitting next to me but Nat was on the other side of the room. It felt different without her in front of me. Mrs. Colton was sitting at her desk grading papers. I was supposed to be working on an essay about the inner workings of fish. But I couldn't keep my concentration. I was looking around the room, occasionally looking over at Nat. Then my vampire ears picked up something. Footsteps. They grew louder and louder. I stared hard at the door to see if anybody walked in. Then, someone horrible walked in. Alexander. He saw me and stared back for a second then walked over to the teacher's desk. I heard him tell Mrs. Colton that he was new and that he was sorry that he was late. She replied kindly that it was fine and that she just needed to find a seat for him. She looked towards me and I looked straight down at my blank paper. Then I heard footsteps approaching me. The chair in front of me was pulled back and Alexander sat down. He turned around to me.
"Hello, love," he said devilishly. I looked up at him and he was staring down at me, smiling. I didn't say anything. I looked over to Aeryk and he was staring at Alexander as if he was trying to send him a mental message.
"Rayne, Aeryk, get back to work," Mrs. Colton called. I looked back down at my paper and so did Aeryk. I heard Alexander turn back in his seat and start to get things out on his desk. I started writing slowly.
A half hour passed and I had barely written anything. I was trying hard to concentrate but I was scared at the fact that Alexander sat right in front of me. A neatly folded note slipped onto my desk. I looked up at Alexander who was looking at me again. I looked back down at the note, picked it up, and started to open it carefully.

I'm sure you remember Monday night. I remember mentioning powers. What is your power? Have you even ever used it? Mine, as you've probably already guessed, is teleportation. If you knew your power and used it as frequently as I did, you would be almost invincible. Try. Tonight. I will meet you in the park at 7th Avenue and 2nd Street around midnight. If you choose not to come, there will be heart breaking consequences.

Yours Truely,
Alex



I looked back up at Alexander with my brow furrowed. I had never used my power before. Nor had Daren. We had never thought it was neccessarry to use them. I folded the note back up and put it in my pocket. I noticed that Aeryk was looking at me. I just shook my head and tried to get back to work.
The rest of the day, I didn't have any more classes with Alexander and I was grateful for that. Aeryk didn't question me about the note. He really didn't talk to me at all after first period. I didn't talk to anyone either. I was too busy thinking about what I should do. "Heart breaking consequnces" is what Alexander had written. I didn't know wha that meant exactly, but I knew that it would be bad. By the end of the day, I had made the decision to go meet Alexander but have Daren with me and Aeryk hiding nearby to keep watch.

* * *


We were all at home again. Daren, Aeryk, and I. I had to explain to them what Alexander's note had said. I would have to eventually. Aeryk would tell Daren and they would ask. Aeryk and I were sitting on the couch together and Daren was sitting in Aunt Mollie's rocking chair. Daren and Aeryk had only one short conversation. I hadn't spoken at all. I had just stared at nothing for a long time, thinking. I finally said something.
"Daren, how do vampires use their powers?" He looked up, surprised that I said something. Aeryk had looked up to listen, too.
"I don't know. You and I have never used them before. Why?" he replied. I took in a deep breath and exhaled.
"Read this." I pulled out the note Alexander had given me and handed it to him. He took it and read it. When he was finished, he looked at me with concern and worry written all over his face.
"Are you gonna go?"
"Yes."
"You can't! I won't let you get hurt."
"I'm not going alone. You and Aeryk are going to come with me."
"Wait, what?"
"I figured that you should find out what your power is, too. But Aeryk will have to hide somewhere nearby just incase we need some help."
"What's going on?" Aeryk asked and Daren shoved the note at him. He read it and looked at me with the same expression Daren had.
"Why are you going?!"
"Read the last sentence again." He looked at the note again and his expression turned serious.
"Do you really feel that you have to?"
"Yes."
"Okay, I'll go. And so will Daren. Right?"
"What? Oh yeah, sure." I looked up at Aeryk and he looked down at me.
"You don't have to go through this alone."
"Thank you," I whispered and Aeryk hugged me tightly.

* * *


It was 11:30 and we had told Aunt Mollie what we were planning to do. She had argued a bit but in the end she agreed with our decision. Aeryk and I were waiting by the front door, Daren was getting some last minute blood in his system before we left.
"You nervous?" Aeryk asked to break the silence.
"A little. You?"
"Yeah, a little." Daren walked in and we all walked out the door and started to walk to the park that Alexander had said. We were walking down the middle of the street. This was a small town. There were almost never cars out at midnight. When we got to 7th Avenue and 1st Street, Aeryk gave me a hug goodbye and went a different way that headed to the back of the park. Daren and I kept walking straight. When we arrived at 2nd Street, we could see a man and a girl kissing in the middle of the park. As we got closer, Daren started to slow down, then stop completely.
"Wait," he said, "Isn't that Nat?" I looked closer at the girl. It was Nat. The man was Alexander. We didn't move a muscle. I just stood there breating heavily. Then I saw Alexander's red eyes look straight at me. His lips left Nat's lips and they went down to her neck. I started to subconsciencely walk towards them. Then Nat screamed. Alexnader's eyes were open wide and I could see his fangs stuck in Nat's neck.
"NO!" I shouted. I started to run but Daren caught my arm.
"That's not a good idea," he said. Alexander pulled away from Nat and she fell to the ground. She was still alive. She was screaming and writhing in pain. She was dieing. Alexander was standing above her, his chin covered in her blood. He just stared at her. Nat gave one last scream then she was still for a moment. Then her eyes shot open, they were white like all newborn vampire's were. She got up, looked at Alexander, took in a deep breath through her nose. Her head darted towards us. She smiled just like Alexander did. Then she turned back to Alexander.
"I'm hungry, dearest," she said.
"We will hunt soon enough," he replied. He looked at us and said, "Come." I looked at Daren and he nodded. We started walking towards them.
"Welcome, friends," Alexander said.
"We just came because we want to know more about our powers, not because we're your friends," Daren said.
"Now, lets not be rude. I guess since you're so eager to, we will get started on your powers. And your dog doesn't have to hide. I won't hurt him if he behaves." I was taken aback by this. Then I called for Aeryk. When he got to me I told him that Alexander had known he was hiding.
"We'll start with you, Rayne," Alexander said, "The way you use your power is basically you have to concentrate. If you do not know what your power is, then just concentrate on the moon. No one knows why but it sort of unlocks it."
"I'll try," I said and looked up to the moon. I concentrated hard until all I could see was the moon. Every crator and every mountain was burned into my memory. I thought it wasn't working so I looked away. But when I looked where Alexander had been standing, he was gone. Everyone was gone. There was nothing but blackness and the sky.
"Hello?" I called. No one answered. "Hello?!"
"Hello." I turned quickly and there was a small girl in a night gown standing behind me. Her skin was as white and smooth as her clothing.
"Oh, hello, what are you doing out here so late?" I asked.
"I can't find my mommy."
"Well, I could help you look for her."
"Really?"
"Mhm."
"You can ask those men that took everything from our house and took mommy away with them? She left me. I don't know why. I always thought I was a good girl." I bent down so that I could look her in the eye. But when I got closer, I realized huge cuts on her arms. There was even a huge chunk of flesh missing from her left arm.
"What happened to your arms, sweetie?" I asked, a little shocked.
"It happened when that bear attacked me." I looked up into her eyes. they were dead. They were black and sunken in.
"Are you-dead?"
"I think so." I started to hyperventalate. I walked backwards away from her. I was about ten feet away from her when she turned into a ghost type creature and flew at me. I screamed and fell backwards. I returned into reality. I was curled up on the ground, shaking violently. Aeryk and Daren were leaning over me, screaming my name and asking what was wrong. I gulped and stopped shaking. I sat up and Aeryk's and Daren's screams stopped. I looked to Alexander. He was looking at me curiously.
"Intersting," he said, this time, he was serious.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PnurpleChild on December 29, 2009, 12:40:32 PM

PnurpleChild on
PnurpleChildEh, that's okay. i don't really care about spelling.

And it is awesome, i know.

potterfan on December 29, 2009, 12:30:30 PM

potterfan on
potterfanYou spelled "Truely" and "dieing" wrong.
Truly
dying

WHOA! :O
Awesome power, Rayne!