Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Pain

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 10 - Pain

Chapter 10 - Pain
Chapter Ten
Pain


"What's interesting?" Aeryk asked defensively.
"I've only seen this once before," Alexander said.
"What is it?!"
"She can communicate with the dead." Aeryk didn't have anything to say. He just stared angrily at Alexander.
"Is that what you were doing?" Daren asked me. I nodded. Aeryk looked at me with the same angry expression. It scared me. His eyes darted around. He was trying to comprehend this.
"Ha! I always knew you were a freak, Rayne," Nat interrupted. Aeryk looked at her like he was going to murder her if she said another word. She grabbed Alexander's arm and moved back so that she was partially behind him. I put my hand on Aeryk's shoulder and he looked back at me. This time, his expression was worry mixed with confusion. He sat down on the ground next to me and held me.
"Rayne, don't ever do that in front of me again," Aeryk said. He sounded like he was about to cry.
"Why not?"
"You looked like you were being tortured or-dying." I almost cried at the word "dieing." I remembered Monday night when Alexander had almost killed Aeryk. Ihad been so angry and sad. But I was mostly scared. I hugged Aeryk back to reassure him that I wouldn't. I really didn't want to again. It had been so dark and creepy. It made me feel as if I had died a little myself while I was there.
"Tell me what you saw," Alexander said and kneeled down to my level. "Please."
"Do I have to?" I asked. I didn't want to remember.
"It would help me get a better understanding of how powerful you really are." I looked down at the ground then started explaining what I had seen.
"It was very dark. There wasn't anything except for the moon and the stars. I called for you but there was no answer the first time. The second time, a little girl in a white night gown said hello back. She asked me if I could help her find her mommy. If I could talk to those men that took all their stuff and her mother away. I looked closer at her and she had huge cuts all over her arms. And part of her left arm was missing. I asked her what happened. She said that it happened when the bear attacked her. Then I asked her if she was dead. She said-she said-I think so. I got scared and tried to get away from her. Then she turned into a ghost-like creature and flew at me. That's when I screamed and fell. Then I came back to reality." I looked up at everyone's faces. Alexander's was fascinated and intirgued. Nat's was bored. Daren was looking at the ground with his brow furrowed. Aeryk's was...scared, angry, sad, confused, upset. I hated seeing him like this.
"Aeryk," I whispered.
"I remember the scream. I remember it too well," was all he said.
"I'm sorry." He looked down at me and his expression changed. He looked like he understood, like he wasn't so scared anymore. I could see that the sadness was still there but he looked happy at the same time. I didn't know why but I was sure happy for him. He was still holding me. I kissed him and he seemed surprised. But after a second he kissed me back fiercely. I hugged him again. For a second I didn't care that Daren was watching. I pulled away and noticed Alexander staring at us. His eyes looked like he was about to explode in rage but he contained himself.
"I think I should leave now," he sort of grunted out. He stood back up and started walking. Nat followed him. Daren, Aeryk, and I were left alone in the middle of the park.
"C'mon, we should get home. It's almost 2:30," Daren said and stood up. Aeryk got up and then helped me up. Daren had already started walking. Aeryk put his arm around my waist and we followed behind Daren towards home.

* * *


We walked in the front doors and found Aunt Mollie on the couch, sleeping. We were quiet going up the stairs and got into bed. We were all tired and we had to get up relatively early the next moring for school. When I was just about asleep, Aeryk started talking.
"Rayne?" he said softly.
"Hmmm?" I was half asleep.
"Tonight was...was...interesting." I smiled and said. "How so?"
"It seems like I went through almost every emotion there is. Anger, sadness, confusion, love, happiness, gratitude, fear. I guess it's true what they say about werewolves, we're emotionally unstable."
"I don't care if you're emotionally unstable. I still love you."
"Thank you," he said and kissed me passionately again. He put his hands on my neck so that my head was tilted upwards. He put his left arm around me to pull me closer to him. I put my arms around him, we still hadn't broken the kiss. He pulled away for a second so I could take a breath then he kissed me again. His hand became tangled in my hair and mine in his. I finally pulled away from the kiss but he just kissed me again. He had his arms around me and he wouldn't let go.
"Aeryk," I mumbled through his lips. He still didn't stop. "Aeryk, stop." He gave no response. "Stop." He just held me tighter. I finally pushed him away with my inhuman strength. We stared at eachother for a moment. Then he said, "I'm sorry." He sounded like he was about to cry again. He got up and ran out the door.
"Aeryk, wait!" I called after him. He ran out the front door and through the window I saw him running and crying. I couldn't believe it. I hurt him. Even when he had just told me he was emotionally unstable. I'm such an idiot! Daren walked into my room then.
"Hey, what's up with Aeryk?" he asked. I just started crying. "Hey, what's wrong? What happened?"
"Go find Aeryk," I said between sobs.
"Okay, I'll be right back." He left and I was alone in the dark, crying.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

potterfan on December 30, 2009, 12:54:19 PM

potterfan on
potterfanHahahaha! You said "intirguing" instead of "intriguing"!

potterfan on December 30, 2009, 12:56:54 PM

potterfan on
potterfanSorry...AERYK! I HATE YOU RAYNE! But only until Daren finds Aeryk will I hate Rayne! ^^