Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - The Chase Begins

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 11 - The Chase Begins

Chapter 11 - The Chase Begins
Chapter Eleven
The Chase Begins


I was on my bed, crying still. I could hear Daren shouting Aeryk's name over and over. After a couple of minutes of Daren running and shouting, I heard a howl in the distance that sounded too much like a cry. I stopped crying and got up to look out the window. Daren was running back towards the house. I looked over towards Alexander's house. I began to get angry. I was thinking.
"Where could Aeryk have gone? Could anyone help? Why did I do that?!" I closed my eyes and smelled the air. Then I heard laughing. It was a girl's laugh. I opened my eyes and looked as far as I could. In a street about a mile away, I saw Nat dancing around Alexander and laughing. Then I heard the lonely howl again.
"Lets go kill him," Nat said to Alexander. He stopped walking and just stood there for a moment. Then he said, "Fine." Nat let out a screeching laugh and ran in the direction of the howl.
All I felt now was rage. I jumped out the window, ran past Daren, and kept running in the direction of Nat's insane laughter. Daren started running after me.
"Rayne!" he called. I kept racing towards Alexander and Nat. Every corner I turned, I knew I was closer to my target. I kept running for what seemed like forever, the adrenaline making me feel high and content at the same time. Then, down the road, I saw them. Nat still dancing crazily and Alexander walking slowly. Alexander spotted me and yelled, "Nat, Rayne!" Nat stopped dancing and faced me. I kept running at her. She screamed and ran to Alexander. She held onto his arm and they vanished. I stopped in my tracks and looked around. Then I heard the maniacal laughing again. I turned and saw Nat and Alexander up the street.
"We're going to kill Aeryk! Ahahaha!" Nat yelled to me and then they vanished again. I stood there for a few moments, the rage building up. Then my fangs grew out and I screamed into the air, "I'M GONNA KILL THEM!" I ran faster than I've ever ran before. Every house and car was just a colorful blur, I was running so fast. I ran for just minutes before I came to a stop in the woods that had the stream where those kids had been murdered. I stood with my glowing blue eyes and my fangs out. Every snese on my body was on alert. I heard Nat's echoing laughter all around me. I looked frantically around, trying to spot her pale skin. In the same echoey voice, she said, "We're going to kill him." I screamed at the voice.
"Rayne!" I heard Daren call in the distance.
"He's gong to die and there's nothing you can do about it," she said.
"Come out, you cowards!" I shouted. I heard Alexander's chuckle echo in the same way Nat's voice did. Then there was complete and utter silence. I listened for another sound. There was nothing.
"Rayne!" Daren was getting closer. Then I heard Aeryk bark and growl. Then Nat's laughter again. They were close. I ran in that direction. I heard a loud, defensive howl from Aeryk. I ran faster. Up ahead, I started to see a clearing brightly lit by the almost full moon. Aeryk, Nat, and Alexander were in the center of it. Right before I entered the clearing, I stopped. I saw Aeryk, looking fierce and ready to attack. Then, Alexander and Nat had their fangs out, ready to fight, also. I remembered what Alexander had done to Aeryk alone Monday night. Now he had a newborn vampire with him. Aeryk would most definately die and so would anyone who attempted to help.
"Rayne!" Daren called my name again and everyone in the clearing below looked up at me. Aeryk immediately became depressed when he saw me. Nat simply smiled.
"Come to watch the show?" she yelled up at me. I stared at her. How could we have been friends so long? I didn't even know how crazy she actually was.
"Rayne!" Daren was about ten yards behind me now. I heard every footstep crash to the ground and crush twigs and dead leaves. He ran up behind me, then stopped. "What's going on?"
"They want to kill Aeryk."
"Let me tell you, Rayne, really don't want to harm your dog," Alexander said, "I wouldn't want to hurt you that way. I know you love him. You would die for him."
"Alex!" Nat whined. He shushed her quiet.
"I don't believe you," I said.
"You probably don't after everything I've done these past couple of days. But I am serious. You have great power and I admire that." I just stared at him so he went on. "I'm going to let him live...for now." He grabbed hold of Nat's arm and they vanished. Once I was sure they were actually gone, I ran down to Aeryk. Daren followed.
"Aeryk, are you okay?" I was about ready to cry. He went back into human form and said, "Not really." He couldn't even look me in the eye.
"Oh, Aeryk, I'm so sorry."
"It's ok...really."
"No, it's not." My fangs had already gone down. I began to cry. Aeryk took in a deep breath then let it out. Daren spoke up then.
"Rayne, I think I know what we need to do." I looke at him as if to ask him what it was. "We need to go to London and meet with the Council. You too, Aeryk."
"What's that?" he asked.
"They're sort of the vampire government. Most other vampires live in London so they'll all be there, too." I thought this over for a moment, then nodded.
"Okay, we leave by the time the sun rises." I nodded again then hugged Aeryk. He was reluctant at first, but he hugged me back.
"Please forgive me," I whispered to him.
"I already have," he said and pulled away from me but kept his right arm on my shoulders.
"Right, then," Daren siad and we started to walk back to the house to pack for the long trip we had ahead of us.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

potterfan on December 30, 2009, 1:09:16 PM

potterfan on
potterfanHEY!!!! DX YOU TOOK MY NAME OF THE COUNCIL!!! DX
(except mine's in Romania)
WRITE MORE!

PnurpleChild on December 31, 2009, 11:19:43 AM

PnurpleChild on
PnurpleChildI have written more chapters but in a notebook so I have to post them