Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Arrival

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 12 - Arrival

Chapter 12 - Arrival
Chapter Twelve
Arrival

We had decided to take a cab to the airport. Daren was sitting in the passenger's seat in the front and Aeryk and I were in the back. It was around 6:00 in the morning. I was leaning against Aeryk, half asleep. Aeryk was leaning against the car door and Daren had his head back and his eyes were closed.
"You kids look like you had a crazy night last night," the driver said.
"Sort of," Daren said, still in the same position.
"Haha, you two back there look kinda cute," the driver said, looking at Aeryk and me through the rear view mirror. I smiled and I saw his eyes crinkle in a smile in the mirror. Aeryk started snoring softly and no one talked the rest of the drive.

* * *


I had fallen asleep somewhere along the way. I awoke to Aeryk shaking me gently and saying, "Rayne, it's time to get up." I sat up and stretched. Aeryk opened the door, got out, and I followed. Daren and the driver had been geting the luggage. The driver slammed the trunk closed and picked up two bags. Daren and Aeryk did the same which left only a backpack for me to carry. We all walked into the airport and to the front desk which surprisingly had no line. Daren had bought the tickets online last night so the lady at the desk only had to direct us to where we dropped our bags and then to Gate B. We dropped our bags off, paid the driver who's name turned out to be Phil, and headed to Gate B to board the plane. When we were in, each side had three seats. We found ours and I took the window seat, Aeryk was in the middle, and Daren sat in the outer seat. It was a ten hour flight from Wyoming to London. I settled in and got comfortable for the long trip.

* * *

We had taken off around 7:00 that morning so, if we were still in America, it was about 5:00. Daren had called some of our vampire friends and told them that we were coming for a visit. We got off the plane, got all of our bags, and walked out of the airport to see the Blakes waiting for us. When they saw us, they embraced us with hello's and hugs. Daren and I gave all of them hugs while Aeryk just stood off to the side akwardly. I saw him and said, "Oh, yeah, this is my boyfriend, Aeryk everybody."
"Aeryk!" almost all of them said in unison. They bombarded him with hugs and hello's just like Daren and me. I started to introduce everybody.
"Aeryk, this is the Blake family. We've known them for about 700 years. This here," I pointed to the oldest woman, "is Evaline."
"Hello, Aeryk, and let me tell you it is so nice to meet you," Evaline said.
"Thanks, nice to meet you, too," Aeryk replied.
"And these two," I pointed to the twins, "are Derek and Evan. They're twins as you can see," I said.
"Hi, Aeryk!" they said together.
"I have a good feeling we're gonna be good friends," Evan said.
"No, I'm gonna be his friend!" Derek protested.
"No."
"Yes."
"No!"
"Yes!" They started slapping eachother and Evaline had to break them up.
"Hi to you, too," was all that Aeryk said. I shook m head and continued.
"This is Patrick, " I said, pointing to the oldest looking man.
"Hello, Aeryk, it's nice to see that Rayne found such a nice boy," Patrick said with a smile.
"Thank you," Aeryk said. I went on.
"This here is Mary," I said, pointing to the girl that looked maybe eighteen years old.
"Hi," she said, sounding a little bored.
"Um, hi," Aeryk said, a little taken aback by her tone. I rolled my eyes at her and then pointed to the boy that looked like he was twenty and said, "This is Joshua."
He uncrossed his arms and gave Aeryk a brotherly hug while saying, "Hey, welcome to London, man." Joshua had always been the nice one.
"Thanks," Aeryk said, I could tell that he felt a little more comfortable with Joshua than any of the others. I understood why. I liked Joshua the best, too.
"And this is the newest addition to the Blake family," I said, putting my hands on a girl's shoulders who was sadly bitten when she was bout thirteen or fourteen, "Riley."
"Hi," she said quietly.
"Hey," Aeryk said kindly and smiled down at her. She looked away from him and went by Evaline.
"Oh, she's so shy," Evaline said. "It's okay, sweetie," she said, stroking Riley's hair.
"So, I think we should all go to the house and get caught up on things. Sound like a good idea?" Patrick asked.
"I call shotgun!" Derek and Evan yelled and ran into the parking lot.
Evaline laughed and said, "Even though they're 800 year old vampires, they act like fifteen year old humans." We all started walking and Daren and Patrick started talikng to eahcother, Aeryk satyend next to me and never left my side. It was pretty clear that he was still a little nervous about things.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

potterfan on January 7, 2010, 11:31:59 AM

potterfan on
potterfanYou took the name Derek! I will destroy you in your sleep!
D:
JK I <3 U!
You took some names and just twisted them a little, well guess what? I'm taking the setup of Werewolf<3Vamp and twisting it up! If that's okay...

PnurpleChild on January 7, 2010, 11:36:59 AM

PnurpleChild on
PnurpleChildIts fine. And I got the name derek from ma friend derek from skool...so there! the character just reminded me of him.