Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Reminder

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 15 - Reminder

Chapter 15 - Reminder
Chapter Fifteen
Reminder


We were all at the Blakes' mansion again. Everyone else was upstairs. It was just Aeryk and me in the kitchen. We weren't talking, just sitting. It wasn't an akward silence. It was very comfortable. I was sitting up on the counter and Aeryk was leaning against it right beside me. I looking around at the kitchen. The walls painted light blue, there was a wood clock on my right side. That was the only thing making noise. Ticking that could eventually drive someone mad. Aeryk broke the silence surprisingly.
"Rayne?" he asked.
"Hmm?"
"I was wondering, how do you kill a vampire, if you don't mind me asking." I looked at him with a confused glare.
"Um, well, you have to..." I looked at him again, his eyes were curious and pleading, "you have to inject enough vampire venom. It reverses the living dead thing going on with vampres. They're mortal again and much easier to kill."
"How much is enough?"
"However much is in the vampire you're trying to kill. So it varies with each vampire."
"How do you know how much is in the vampire you're trying to kill?" He was sure asking a lot of questions.
"You don't. You could end up killing two vampires. A vampire needs venom to survive. If it runs out, they turn mortal again, but they're very weak and won't be able to live for long." I didn't like this conversation. Aeryk was making me feel uncomfortable.
"Would that happen to you if you tried to kill Alexander?" I stared hard at him. He couldn't seem to look me in the eye.
"It's a possibility." He looked at me then with extreme worry in his eyes.
"November 23rd," he said.
"What?"
"That's when we're leaving for New York. I promise this will all be over by that time." I realized what he was talking about. I was going with him and his dad to live in New York for a year. I remembered that day very clearly. He had told me he loved me for the first time.
"What if it's not?"
"Then we'll go to New York anyways. And if Alexander comes after us, I'll protect you with my life." He looked serious. Very serious. I wasn't going to argue with him. Not today.
"Okay," I said and he took my hand and started to walk out the kitchen with me. As we passed through the doorway, I saw Daren leaning against the wall right next to it. I looked at his face and saw that he was glaring at me with pure anger in his eyes. I let go of Aeryk's hand and stood in front of Daren.
"You're leaving," he stated. It was so quiet that I could barely hear it.
"I'm sorry," I whispered back.
"Rayne?" Aeryk asked from across the room.
"One second, Aeryk, I need to talk with Daren," I said back to him. He nodded and turned. I looked back to Daren.
"How could you?"
"Aeryk wants-" He cut me off.
"Aeryk doesn't get a say in this. You know that related vampires need to stay with each other for eternity, you're leaving for a year. The bond between us would break. The bond between two vampires that are related is like no other bond in the world. Do you know how rare it is for vampires to be related like we are? Very. Out of all the vampires in the world, it's just you, Derek, Evan, Tanya, Ben, and me. Just three pairs. Do you really want to ruin one of them?"
"No, but-" He cut me off again.
"But what, Rayne? What could possibly make you want to leave?"
"I need to make Aeryk happy."
"Forget about Aeryk! You just can't walk out on me like this. This is a very rash, ignorant, and stupid decision you're making. You know, I'm starting to think you care about yourself than me." He stormed of up the stairs. I heard his pounding footsteps then a door slam. Aeryk walked over to me.
"What was that?" he asked. The twins and Joshua came down.
"Yeah, what was that?" Evan asked.
"Daren's having...reminders."
"Of what?" Derek asked.
"Of what life did to him before immortality."
"What happened to him?" Aeryk said.
"Do you really want to know?" He paused for a second.
"Yes." I inhaled and said, "Okay."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment