Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Back Home

IDK what to say so...BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH!

Chapter 18 - Back Home

Chapter 18 - Back Home
Chapter Eighteen
Back Home


It was the next morning. Patrick hadn't come back until 5:30 in the morning. We had all had some breakfast. We acted like it was a normal morning. But we knew it wasn't. Daren wasn't here. Pretty much everyones was angry with Aeryk, or scared of him. The twins weren't even being as loud and abnoxious as they usually were. Patrick was working in his office with Evaline. Mary, Joshua, and Riley were all in the living room watching a movie. Aeryk was moping around, trying to think about things. I was in the kitchen, alone. The house was quiet. The only noise that I was aware of was the voices from the movie in the living room. It was actually quite peaceful. That peacefulness didn't last long. Ben threw the front door open and practically ran to Patrick's office.
"Patrick!" he yelled.
"Yes?"
"We need to get to the airport now."
"Why? What's going on?"
"Daren was spotted being taken by a group of Reds onto a plane to America. We need to leave as soon as possible." I walked to stand in the doorway of Patrick's office, Aeryk showed up behind me. The three on the couch were staring at us.
"Daren?" I asked hopefully. Patrick looked from Ben to me, then back to Ben. "You've found Daren?" I asked in the same voice.
"Maybe, sweetheart, maybe," Patrick said. I looked at Patrick.
"Patrick, we're going to America," I demanded.
"All right," he said, "We should get packing." He got up out of his seat, went to the living room and said, "C'mon, get going! We've got a plane to catch." He walked over to the stairs and yelled up, "Evan! Derek! Get your things packed!" Both their heads popped over the top railing.
"Why? Where are we going?" Derek asked.
"Wyoming," Patrick answered him.
"And why are we going to America?" Evan asked.
"They may have found Daren."
"Daren!" they said in unison. Their heads disappeared and they rushed to get their things packed. I looked at Aeryk and said, "C'mon, we gotta hurry." I ran up the stairs, Aeryk following. Everybody got finished packing after about 45 minutes. We were all in the truck, Patrick driving, Evaline in the center seat next to him, Joshua in the passenger's seat, Mary was in the back, on the left side, sitting in between her and me was Riley and on my right side was Aeryk, and following us in his own car was Ben. When we got to the airport, we were just in time for the next flight to America. We boarded the plane and just a couple minutes later, it took off. Another ten hours.

* * *


I had fallen asleep somewhere along the way. I awoke to Joshua shaking my shoulder and saying, "Rayne, we're about to land, wake up." I had been leaning my head on Aeryk's shoulder, he was sleeping, too.
"Aeryk," I said, shaking his shoulder a little bit. He woke up almost instantly. His eyes opened and he stared at me. I smiled. "Home," I said. He smiled back at me.
The plane landed, we got our stuff, and got taxis to head to Aunt Mollie's. Once we arrived, Aunt Mollie came rushing out to meet us. She had always favored the Blake family. She gave us all a hug and kisses on our cheeks. She looked at all of us with a smile.
"Oh, Rayne, I missed you two!" she said. She looked at me with sparkling eyes then she looked around a little more. "Where's Daren?"
"Mollie, we have some bad news," Patrick said.
"What? What happened?"
"Daren has been taken hostage by Alexander." Aunt Mollie covered her mouth with her hands and gasped. Her eyes teared up and she looked like she wanted to say something more but she started sobbing and couldn't speak. I hugged her and almost started cryng myself.
"We've come here to find him," Patrick continued to speak. "Don't worry, we're going to start our search first thing tomorrow morning."
"We're gonna find him," I whispered to myself. Aunt Mollie pulled away from me and wiped her tears away. She took a breath and said, "Oh, I've been rude to you. Come in and get relaxed. You had a long trip and I'm sure your tired and hungry." She walked into the house and we all followed.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

potterfan on February 14, 2010, 10:42:42 AM

potterfan on
potterfan"obnoxious"
nice