Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Fear Is Poisonous

Thanks for the FAC members putting up with my retarted questions just to be in this story!
 
Chris was just minding his own business playing in the woods when a wormhole sends him flying into the world of FAC.....

Chapter 11 - Fear Is Poisonous

Chapter 11 - Fear Is Poisonous
Shugo roared at the group. Chris tauntingly waved his hand over his nose. "Whew! Breath mint please!" He snickered. Shugo shook her head, and the mark went away.
"Hey! My breath does no-..." Shugo started to say but the mark came back and she backhanded Chris with blinding speed, but surprisingly, not much force. It was just enough to knock him back a few feet. She growled at him and raised a paw over his head, threatening to crush him. Julia retaliated.
"STOOOOOP!" She screamed. The mark on Shugo’s head started to shine brightly. She stepped back and winced as if she was struck in the head. “Fight it Shugo! You can do it!” Julia encouraged. Shugo layed down on the ground, putting her paws over her head.
“I…..I…..can’t do it…” Shugo mumbled.
“Yes you can! Cynder’s just trying to mess with your head! KICK HER OUT!” Julia encouraged again, this time sounding more like a command than encouragement. The light on Shugo’s head flew off of her as if she was burning it. It slowly took the shape of Cynder and then it started to speak.
“It seems I’ve underestimated you friend, Shugotenshi. She has a very strong mind. Perhaps, we should meet in person, since none of you are even good enough to possess.” Cynder said in a prideful tone. She then took the shape of a portal. “Enter when your ready….Ready to die at least.”
Ayane bolted towards the portal. “C’mon! We can take her!” She said. Suddenly she stopped to notice a familiar blue bubble appear in front of her. It disappeared, Azikstar now standing there, blocking her path.
“That’s close enough! You aren’t ready to face Cynder. None of you are, including me.” Azikstar explained. “Odds are, there’s either an ambush or a trap on the other end and you know that. Rally up some more allies, and then come back here. And Chris…”
Chris sat up, his head throbbing from the blow. “What?” He asked.
“Get a weapon or something. You’re completely useless…” Azikstar said strongly but truthfully. Chris was only human after all. Just then, Daisuke waked out of the house yawning.
“What did I miss?” He asked lazily. “Looks like a fight happened. Too bad I wasn’t in it. Makes me mad that I sleep like a rock….” Ayane smiled a mischievous smile.
“Oh Daisuke…” She called, almost seductively. “There’s a bigger fight coming up and we need someone as strong and fast as you.” Daisuke stretched out his whole body before answering.
“I’m your man.” He said. Julia turned to Azikstar. The grin on her facial expression simply screamed ‘In Your Face!’ Azilstar, however, was not impressed.
“You’ll need more than just five to face Cynder.” He grumbled.
“You mean seven.” A voice corrected from the shadows of a building. Out walked Riley and Croc. “I’m coming too. That Cynder girl is very annoying and needs to be taught a thing or two.” Riley said. Croc nodded in agreement.
“Let’s not forget me! I want to go too!” Spyro begged. Julia laughed.
“That’s eight, not including you. Let us through Azikstar!” She demanded. Azikstar growled, bearing fangs.
“Shut up! There’s still one missing person that you haven’t met yet. I really think you should get her to join your group. We’ll search for her later. For now, get some sleep everyone, we have a big day ahead of us.” He said. Azikstar turned around. “And in case you’re tempted….” He said a few magic words and a barrier appeared around the portal. “There. Nothing goes in or out.”

* * *
Later on that night, everyone stayed the night at Ayane and Daisuke’s house. Thankfully they had enough room to fit even Shugo in a large outside room. They decided on who is sleeping with who by having everyone count off: one, two, and three. It ended up: Riley, Ayane, and Azikstar slept in the living room. Shugo, Julia, and Chris slept in the outer room. Croc, Daisuke, and Spyro slept in the guest room.
Ayane was getting ready for the night by changing into some pajamas when Chris opened her bedroom door at the wrong time. She had her back turned but was busy changing shirts. Chris was going to ask her where she said he was sleeping that night, since he forgot. But all he got to say was: “Ayane I forgo-….” before he went dead silent. Ayane only turned her head. She had an almost black expression on her face.
“Knock much?” She asked. Chris’ face turned red in embarrassment.
“Lock the door much?” He fired back at her. He then closed the door, and then turned around to face Croc. His presence startled him. “How long have you been standing there?!” He asked.
“Long enough to know that you know absolutely nothing about women…” Croc laughed. He simply walked away to his way to his room. Chris sighed in total embarrassment and walked outside to the outer room. The outer room looked like a huge garage with carpet and a second level. Shugo was already curled up and half asleep. Her half-opened eyes focused on Chris as he walked into the room. She didn’t say much to him since she was already talking to Julia. Chris didn’t eavesdrop on their conversation due to the risk that Shugo could kill him if she sneezed on him wrong. Julia was leaned up against Shugo’s side with a blanket to cover her. The two looked so happy to keep each other company. Chris sighed and walked towards the ladder to go to the second floor.
He managed to climb a couple of step when he heard, “You aren’t going to sleep by yourself are you?” Shugo asked. He turned to see that both Julia and Shugo looked at him oddly. “Come sleep with us. It’s pretty cold up there.” Chris nodded and climbed down the ladder. He approached Shugo with caution. Shugo watched the fearful human. He doesn’t trust me… she thought. I guess I really scared him that night. She recalled the time she tackled him, thinking he was a threat. She looked at herself in her mind. I don’t blame him. I would have been scared too.
Chris sat next to Julia, but didn’t lean against Shugo as she did. “What’s wrong?” Julia asked. “You still afraid of Shugo?” Chris sat quietly, his head hung low. Julia shrugged, then went to sleep.
Shugo looked to Chris and wondered outloud. “ Hey, Chris…” Shugo started. “What’s it like being….lost? I’ve never experienced it like the way you are now.”
Chris sighed. “Like being a survivor of the end of the world….”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FirePhantom24 on April 8, 2008, 11:25:13 AM

FirePhantom24 on
FirePhantom24Wow. I love it, bring on the next chapter! :)

Azikstar certainly knows his stuff... XD

Project_X on April 8, 2008, 12:12:39 PM

Project_X on
Project_XMagic dragon? He just HAS to know it. =D
Glad you like it! I'll start the next one tomorrow, since it's bedtime. -yawn- goodnight!

FirePhantom24 on April 8, 2008, 12:21:18 PM

FirePhantom24 on
FirePhantom24Indeed he does. XD

Can't wait!