Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Disbelief and Acceptance

The last thing you expect when looking for superhero recruits is finding the someone just for you.

Chapter 3 - Disbelief and Acceptance

Chapter 3 - Disbelief and Acceptance


The Center of the universe
A semi-AU Teen Titans fanfiction
Rob/Star with one-sided Rob/Rae

The last thing you expect when looking for superhero recruits is finding the someone just for you
Chapter Three~Disbelief and Acceptance
" Do you think it's a good idea to let her stay here?"
The rain was really pounding. The titans gathered outside the medical ward, discussing their current situation. Raven was showing obvious signs of doubt.
" I'm sure she'd be an excellent member of the team. She seems trustworthy and friendly. Plus she saved my life." Robin objected.
" How do you know? It was dark, and you were tired. For all we know, she was the one that assaulted you!"
" Will you chill?" Cyborg scolded Raven for her outburst " She could have heard you!"
" I dont think she can hear anything." Beast Boy withdrew his head from the medical room " She's GONE!"
" WHAT!?!?!?" Robin rushed to the medical room. He discovered that the window had been opened, and the patient obviously escaped. " Where could she have gone?"
The masked hero rushed to the open window. Looking out, he could see nothing short of a pitch black sky, lit up only by the faint windows of the city across the harbor. He couldnt see her. Robins' hair became limp and covered his pain. He hadn't done anything to repay his debt. Despair overcoming him, Robin looked towards the sky, wishing for some sign of hope. What he got, was a faint green light, the same that he saw just hours before. His eyes filled with hope as he rushed out of the room and to the stairs.
" ROBIN! Where are you going?" Raven inquired.
" The roof!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Starfire endured the freezing rain. It was nice to have met someone so kind and caring, but it was time to go. She had to find him, it's what she came to Earth for. The redhead closed her eyes, trying to push out the pain of leaving. Tears beginning to cumulate in her eyes, she began her ascent. Began being the operative word. Starfire found herself being restrained; something or someone was clutching her wrist.
" Where do you think you're going?"
Starfire turned around. The same mysteriuos mask and jet black hair stared at her with worry once more. The alien descended, hand still captured by the mysterious hero.
" Where do you plan on going?" Robin asked, voice displaying his anxiety.
" I...I do not know. I have no home on this planet. I suppose I have to go out and look for one..."
" Why dont you stay here?"
Starfire focused on the young man. She tried hard to replay the words over in her head. Had he just asked her to stay? In this place? Well, it wasnt Tamaran, but the people were just as accomodating. They all seemed to like her, even want her around. Starfire broke free of Robins' grasp, and clutched her hands together, close to her heart. Maybe, maybe this is where she belonged. Looking up, she saw Robins face, which still showed signs of worry, but also displayed something new. A faint glimmer of hope resided in his slight smile. The Tamaranean herself found hope in this young mans' face, and, for once, felt at home.
" I will."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" Where is she going to stay?!"
" We have plenty of rooms. I dont think that accomodations will be a problem."
" Well...Are you absolutely sure we can trust her?"
Robin turned from the medical rooms' door, to face the empath, whose expression was one of deep skepticism. Taking in a deep breath, Robin said:
" ...If we cant, we'll learn in due time."
Raven crossed her arms in anger.
"Look, " Robin sighed heavily. " Either way, shes' gonna be here for a while. And there's a very good chance that she'll be the 5th Teen Titan. So, tomorrow, after she's all rested, we're gonna see what she can do."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a beautiful June day. The sky was a perfect sapphire, and even the city looked somewhat inviting. Starfire followed the Titans out of the building and into, what appeared to be a desert wasteland. The Tamaranean could not understand why they had brought her to such a lifeless place. By Earth standards, it was a perfect day to immerse yourself in water with friends, or enjoy a midday meal outside. There certainly was no water here, and no food had been brought...so....
" Are ya' ready?!?!?" Beast Boy shouted out.
" What?" Starfire had noticed that they had walked out farther, and they were now standing by a large machine. She ran out to their location, but came to an unwelcome surprise. She was standing on top of a large, metal pillar, and it was swaying dangerously.
" WHAT FORM OF TRICKERY IS THIS?!?!?" Starfire fought hard to retain her balance. " Was I mistaken when I believed that you were helping me?!?!?"
" You're here arent you?" Raven asked in tones of anger and disbelief. " You HAVE to undergo tests like this, to see how well you can fight, and how you react under pressure."
" Well," Starfire was clutching for dear life on the swaying pillar. " Could you have told me first?!?!?"
" No." Raven replied, the annoyance growing in her voice." You assailant wont tell you when theyre going to attack, and neither will we."
Starfire was too busy trying not to fall to reply. The teen shut her eyes, praying to the Gods that the pillar will stop. It did. Getting up, Starfire was getting ready to shout angry Tamaranean curses at them, but found herself dodging what appeared to be a giant marble. The object shot at her with great force, it was hard to tell what it was.
" WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO NOW?!?!" Starfire yelled.
" We also need to see how you fight." Cyborg said. coolly." You need to if you're gonna be a Teen titan."
Starfire continued to dodge the volley of bullets. Various protests and commands issued from the Teen titans, demanding that she show her fighting technique. This was not what she needed. She could not fight this way. All of the pressure...
" YOU CAN DO IT!"
Starfire looked up, towards the small crowd. A solitary figure was cheering her on. His mask was wide, a sign that his eyes were full of hope. His mouth was curled into a smile. He thought, no, KNEW she could do it. Starfires' heart filled with joy, her feet lifting off the ground. She had began her ascent. Pride and happiness swelling within her, Starfire dodged the bullets with exceptional ease and control. After a while, the bullets stopped, and were replaced with immense flying disks. They were far to large to avoid, so the Tamaranean switched her strategy. As the disks flew at her, she imagined them to be the ships of the dreaded Psions. Harnessing the power she gained from them, Starfires eyes began to glow in a brilliant green. Light collected around her hands, which seemed to pulsate lethally. Righteous fury enveloped her as she shot her own volley of disks. Slicing through each of the spheroid, each Starbolt continued on, and demolished the deployment systems. The onslaught ceased. Starfire took this as a sign that she could again rejoin the Teen titans, and flew over to them.
" That was amazing." Robin said, mouth agape.
" Thank you." Starfire replied, blushing slightly. " Now I say we break for lunch. Who desires Zorka berries on toast?"

WAS IT WORTH WAITING FOR?!?!?!?!?


Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Froze8 on February 10, 2006, 6:06:31 AM

Froze8 on
Froze8Please finnish!
Froze8

RaexBB_72sol on January 10, 2006, 4:29:12 PM

RaexBB_72sol on
RaexBB_72solAwesome! Can't wait for more. Please tell me when you have more up. Reply at/on my profile.

kittenzass on November 13, 2005, 12:52:40 PM

kittenzass on
kittenzassthis chappie i like

Koikaji_Saru_the_Wierd_O on July 13, 2005, 6:03:16 AM

Koikaji_Saru_the_Wierd_O on
Koikaji_Saru_the_Wierd_Oyyyyaaaaayyy!! new chappie! very good I like it lots! *hands you a sock* you have an amazing writing style, now, you better write more or Im taking back my sock!
~Koikaji

NekoAndManga on July 11, 2005, 7:05:24 AM

NekoAndManga on
NekoAndMangaawesome!!! your story is as good as your drawings...pfft im jealous

NekoAndManga on July 11, 2005, 7:05:22 AM

NekoAndManga on
NekoAndMangaawesome!!! your story is as good as your drawings...pfft im jealous

chocolateweirdo on July 9, 2005, 11:26:31 AM

chocolateweirdo on
chocolateweirdogreat story chapter!!!

dragonlover131313 on July 8, 2005, 12:49:36 PM

dragonlover131313 on
dragonlover131313ooohhh man that was the best chappie yet woohoo for the zorka berries^^

Dark_Phoenix on July 7, 2005, 9:59:04 AM

Dark_Phoenix on
Dark_PhoenixYAY!!! ZORKA BERRIES AND TOAST!!!!! good job coincidental!! you did quite well on explaining the battle scene. Especially on only ur 3 chap!