Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Dancing Bear

This story is a thrilling tale about a girl, after an amazing experience, learns magical powers.[/b]

Chapter 3 - The Dancing Bear

Chapter 3 - The Dancing Bear
Sarah was panting behind a bush. She looked through the green shrubs and saw the crazy old lady searching the forest. "I know your in here, you can't hide..." She went the other direction. "Phew..." She stood up and brushed the leaves and twigs of her jeans. "What a day. I wonder what that lady meant by the Prophecy. Oh well, I've got to get home." She looked around. "Great, I'm lost. Might as well take a guess than just sit here." She headed west.
It was the afternoon and she still couldn't find anyway to get out. "Ugh, it's lunchtime... wait, what's that smell?" Sarah could smell some food. She followed the smell of the food. "It's probably roast beef, or speghetti, or chicken...mmm, I love chicken." Suddenly, Sarah stopped. She heard a growl, not from her stomach, but from behind her. She slowly turned around. A bear was growling at her. Sarah's heart pounded into her chest, while she backed away. The bear roared and came closer. Sarah thought, "Please don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me." She tightly closed her eyes and repeated it in her head. The bear opened his mouth and charged toward Sarah. Suddenly, the bear stopped. Sarah opened one eye to see why she wasn't dead. The bear was staring into space, as if it were in some type of trance. Then, Sarah thought, "Ok, why did you stop? You might as well just eat me-" The bear ran closer to her, mouth open. "OK, NEVER MIND!!!!" The bear stopped, spellbound. Sarah smiled curiously and said, "Dance with one foot." The bear did. "Pick up the rock and throw it on your foot." The bear did so. Sarah giggled and said, "Go away and never come back." The bear ran away. Sarah stopped giggling and said to herself, "How did I do that?" She looked at her hands. They were sweating. "I'm going to go wash my face at that end of the lake."
Sarah ran to the lake. "Thank goodness this is fresh water." She cupped some water in her hands and splashed over her face. "That's better. Man, I must be delusional...WHOA! What is that?!" Sarah looked at her reflection in the water. There was something on her hand. It looked like a shiny diamond with wings. She tried scratching it off. "It won't come off!" Then, Sarah remembered the thing she read before in the book. Sarah realized that those books were real spell books, that she could control things, that this wasn't a dream, that, maybe, just maybe, she's part of a prophecy. The thing she didn't understand was how long did she have this...gift. Why hasn't this happened before? Does my mom know this? Dad? Sarah's past all seems to be a blur, an interesting, magical blur.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment