Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Snowflakes

[Hiei/Keiko] I have this story on FF.net, but i just decided to post it because i might draw some pictures of it. It's a christma party, and Hiei isn't there. Keiko goes looking for him...(ONESHOT)

Chapter 1 - Snowflakes

Chapter 1 - Snowflakes
******************************************


Keiko looked around the room. Everyone was there, having a great old time. Christmas parties were always really fun.

Shizuru was spiking the eggnog, Yukina was desperately trying to avoid Kuwabara, and Botan was trying to trick people into standing under the mistletoe. Everyone was happy.


It was almost perfect. Almost.

Something was missing.

‘Hiei.’ She thought sadly. She had invited him, but unsure as to whether he would come or not.

She turned to Botan while putting on her big winter jacket. “I’m going out for a while, could you manage the house please?”

Botan grinned and nodded, before getting back to her mistletoe game.

Keiko shook her head and laughed before quietly exiting the house.

Keiko walked to the park, but what once was endless fields of grass, was now covered in newly fallen snow.

Something so breathtaking, the beauty and purity of such a simple substance. The cold crisp air, felt good on her face, even though it made her nose run.

She turned and looked up into the depths of a bare tree, noticing the all-too familiar form.

She slowly snuck up on the figure, until she reached the base of the tree.

She inhaled sharply. “HIEI-KUN!!!!” She screamed, startling the napping koorime, straight out of the tree.

Keiko couldn’t help but laugh. How convenient she had been there to break his fall. She waited while Hiei got off of her, and waited for her to do the same

“Oh, so you aren’t going to help me up?” she said with a faked pout. Hiei outstretched his hand, and took Keiko’s in his own. With ease, he lifted her from the ground, but found that the girl didn’t let go.

“Wha-“ Keiko placed a gloved hand over his mouth.

“Ssh! You’ll ruin the moment!”

Hiei raised an eyebrow in curiosity, but followed her gaze. She was staring out at the snowy setting. He too was lost in its snowy depths, until he felt the tugging of his female companion.

“You know what?” she asked.

“Hn?”

Keiko ignored his oh-so-typical response. “A Snow ball fight, silly!”

Hiei’s face was the perfect definition of “Dumbfounded”.

Keiko giggled at this thought, but she quickly brushed it aside.

“See?” Keiko demonstrated by running into the field about ten feet away, and gathered a handful of snow. After she compacted it together, she pulled her arm back, and threw.

*Splat*

Hiei was too shocked to react as the icy-cold snow dripped from his face.

Keiko cheered; she hit him dead on.

Hiei smirked, and chased after his unsuspecting victim, gathering a bunch of snow, and throwing it directly at her…

Keiko yelped and grabbed her rear, as she felt the snowball melt into her pants. She turned and glared at the chuckling koorime, who was busily making another snowball. Keiko “Eeep!”-ed, and barely dodged the whirring ice. “Hiei!!”

A battle between the two raged on, and soon, after both were, laughing, exhausted and soaked, they both collapsed to the snowy earth.

“Hiei-kun?” Keiko started, crawling over to where he lay, and snuggling up to him.

Hiei blushed faintly, gulped and nodded.

“You should laugh more often, you have such a cute smile.” She said, not the least bit aware of what she was exposing.

Hiei was shocked.

Keiko sighed. “Why didn’t you come?”

Hiei knew what she meant, and he didn’t respond.

Keiko rolled away from him, stopped, and began waving her arms and legs against the snow.

Hiei sat up. “What in the three worlds are you doing?”

Keiko stopped. “Help me up, and I’ll show you.”

Hiei let curiosity get the better of him, and he moved over to help her up.

She turned around to look in at her masterpiece.

“What do you see?”

“A Keiko print.”

Keiko sighed. “It’s much more than a print, see look. There are the wings, the dress, the head.” She pointed out with her finger.

“An angel.”

Keiko grinned. “Yup. Now you make one!” She requested, turning on him.

Hiei lifted hid hands in protest. “I don’t think I- Ahhhh!”He yelled as he fell backward onto the snow.

“Don’t move. Now, move your legs and arms lie this.” Keiko taught him, flapping her arms wildly.

“Oh, come on, I’ll look like an idiot.” Hiei whined, but slowly complied.

“See isn’t it fun?” Keiko said smiling.

Hiei tried to lift his body with his hands, and Keiko protested in horror. “Stop! Stop! You’ll ruin it!! See you need someone’s help to make a perfect angel!”

Keiko grabbed Hiei’s hands, and slowly hoisted him up.

Keiko looked at the slightly smooshed, handprinted snow-print.

“What do you see?” She asked again.

“I see, a cold heartless demon, whom no one can trust.” Hiei spat out bitterly, before beginning to walk away.

Keiko snuck behind him and snaked her arms around his waist, causing him to stop dead in his tracks.

Keiko grabbed his hands, and still behind him, redirected him to his snow- angel.

“Squat down.”

Hiei did as he was told, and felt the blush creep onto his cheeks. She was leaning into him, for support, because she was also squatted.

Using her hands, she led his to the print.

“I see a heart.” She said, as they both traced a heart in the middle of the angel.

Hiei was once again speechless. This strange human girl had never ceased to amaze him. Every little thing she did was for the benefit of others, and even in the hardest times she managed to stay strong. Although he would never admit it to another living soul, he truly admired her.

After much silence, Keiko got up, but Hiei wished she would stay.

He was falling for the girl, and he knew it.

Keiko walked past, and she turned. “Hiei-kun. Look it’s snowing.”

Hiei turned towards the sky, and watched in fascination as the little flakes danced in their own ballet, to the whisper of the wind through the trees.

Keiko opened her mouth to catch the lacy figurines on her tongue, while twirling around in the flurry, taking in all the simple beauty.

Hiei slowly approached her, and when the time was right, he grabbed her hands, put one arm around her waist, and led her in a waltz across the snowy ballroom.

Keiko was taken by surprise, but she flowed his lead, and soon they were caught up in the moment, and their steps became more fast and energized.

After a while, their dance had slowed down to a gentle sway, and soon they were just standing, still caught in each other’s arms.

Reluctantly, they pulled away.

“You still up for that party?” Keiko whispered.

Hiei smirked. “On one condition.”

“And that would be?”

Hiei hesitantly stepped forward, gently placing his lips over hers.

“This.” He whispered before, brushing his lips against hers.

Neither pulled away.

~*~THE END~*~

********************************************

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

jura on June 19, 2005, 10:01:46 PM

jura on
jura(teardrop)so beautiful.

yusuke_luv_gurl on May 15, 2004, 10:40:09 PM

yusuke_luv_gurl on
yusuke_luv_gurloops i forgot! good story and add more!

yusuke_luv_gurl on May 15, 2004, 10:39:44 PM

yusuke_luv_gurl on
yusuke_luv_gurlif keiko's with hiei... *grabs yusuke* HE'S MINE NOW! ^____^

YUSUKE: *blushes* ^_^;

Koolkat6968 on April 6, 2004, 5:07:37 AM

Koolkat6968 on
Koolkat6968Man, is Yusuke gonna have a fit! good job