Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Legend of Rekuma and Meisaka

Spyro meets a powerful young Dragoness, called Cyra, who has a prophecy foretold about her being linked to the Dragon Gods themselves and the evil Raku wants to seduce her and turn her to Darkness to take the universe under his rule...

Chapter 3 - The Legend of Rekuma and Meisaka

Chapter 3 - The Legend of Rekuma and Meisaka
Chapter Three: The Legend of Rekuma and Meisaka[/u]

Later that afternoon, Spyro and Cyra are seen still chatting to each other beside the waterfall, with the nice, warm sub beating down on them.

“Yeah…Karate was really good. I really enjoyed doing it. Too bad I can’t do that anymore…” Cyra sighed, “I also used to play the trumpet but obviously I cannae do that anymore” Cyra said with a chuckle,

“Ha. Yeah. You’d be like setting your music on fire like every two seconds” Spyro laughed, Cyra burst out laughing

“Yeah! Oh! I can just imagine the conductor’s face…” She tails of laughing along with Spyro. As Spyro and Cyra laughed, a shadow then fell over both of them. Cyra the looked up and saw that the shadow came from this large, green, adult dragon. “Uh…Spyro…” Cyra whispered to Spyro. Spyro then looked up

“Nestor…” Spyro said with a groan, “Aw no. I completely forgot about his damn lecture class…“ Spyro groaned.

“Spyro. So this is where you’ve been all this time. You missed your afternoon lecture class again, young Dragon,” said Nestor

“Yeah…I kinda got a little sidetrapped here…” Spyro answered

“So. I will expect you to spend two hours tomorrow right after lunch”, Nestor continued

“What!?” Spyro yelled in disbelief

“No exceptions” Nestor added, “Anyway, who’s the little dragon here?” asked Nestor

“Oh! Um…this is Cyra. She came through this weird portal here” Spyro explained, pointing to the portal Cyra came through, which was still shimmering away. Nestor then looked at the portal with an expression of awe

“Right…” Nestor said quietly to himself “And tell me, have you ever owned a little amulet, which would bear a little, red dragon?” Nestor asked Cyra

“What? Oh! Yeah. I’ve got it right here, in fact.” Cyra then noticed something odd about the amulet “Hey! What happened to the Dragon?” Cyra added “ I swear there was a little dragon on it before I entered that portal” Cyra said, puzzled “It’s still got the writing on the back. I can’t read it though,” Cyra added.

“Hmm. The writing you speak of is the ancient language of the Dragon race. May I…” Nestor asked. Cyra then took off her amulet and handed it over to Nestor. “It says ‘ If darkness shalt conquer thou, then darkness shalt conquer all’… interesting…” Nestor read out “It seems that you, Cyra, are the Dragon of the prophecy after all…” Nestor said.

“Prophecy? What prophecy?” Asked Cyra.

“Oh! A story of legends” Continued Nestor “Come, with me” Nestor said as he gestured towards a little a little stump beside the waterfall. Nestor then sat down on the stump and Spyro and Cyra sat down on the grass around Nestor.




“Now. This story is a story that Spyro may well have heard many times before and first takes place well before the Dragons we know today even existed” Nestor explained,

“Oh. Wait this is the one about Rekuma, isn’t it?” Spyro asked,

“Yes, Spyro. Now. Around about two thousand years ago, there were four elemental Dragon gods; Cyra- Goddess of Ice, Elctrador- God of electricity, Fyrenz - God of fire and terranna - Goddess of Earth” Nestor started off “And Cyra and Fyrenz had a son, named Rekuma, who inherited both the ice and fire powers from Cyra and Fyrenz, but something terrible happened one day. An evil being, Raku the Lord of Darkness, had managed to break free from the demon realm and caught the Dragon gods by surprise and sabotaged their home in the Dragon heaven, Alafrenor. However, Rekuma managed to escape the destroyed home of the gods and retreated to this world until he and Raku got locked in a battle that would decide the fate of the entire universe. Rekuma became victorious as he wielded the sword of Daiakaryuu and plunged it right into Raku’s heart. Thus Raku was absorbed into the sword and had been trapped for nearly two thousand years, until now…” told Nestor. “Now before Rekuma parted from this world, a prophecy was made. A prophecy which told us of how Rekuma’s direct descendant would come forth and gain the powers of the gods themselves, which have been lying dormant throughout the generations. This descendant was described as a female dragon, with scales of a brilliant shade of royal blue and is also believed to be the reincarnation of Goddess Cyra herself.” Nestor finished off.

Cyra was putting one and one together when she realised what Nestor was trying to say,

“Wait…Are you saying that I’m the descendant of this Rekuma and that I’m the reincarnation of a Goddess!?” Cyra said in disbelief,

“ Yes. And not only that, you are also the one destined to take your place in protecting the Dragon realms along with Meisaka’s descendant” Nestor added

“Meisaka? Never heard of him before” said Spyro,

“Well, that’s what you get for missing an hour of lecture class. Anyway. There was another goddess, called Zephra. Unlike the other gods, she didn’t possess the control of any particular element however she excelled greatly in magic and Ki and she had a son named Meisaka. Now Meisaka was a friend of Rekuma and aided him in the fight against Raku and also used his powerful, magical powers to forge the sword of Daiakaryuu to help seal away Raku. There was a second part of the prophecy, where Meisaka’s descendant would also step forth at the same time as Rekuma’s and aid her with his superb fighting skills and powerful magic. This descendant has been described as a male dragon, with scales of a brilliant shade of purple.” Nestor finished off.

Spyro then thought had until,

“Now hold on a sec. I’m a descendant this Meisaka!? Oh! My God!” Spyro said in disbelief.

“Yes. Now you know your background. I will now tell what is happening at the present. Now you know I said Rekuma and Meisaka sealed Raku in the sword of Daiakaryuu? Well, the sword had a flaw. There is a way you can reverse the spell of being trapped in the sword by placing the darkness orbs in their rightful positions on the sword (Which are little elemental orbs about the size of your fist). And unfortunately, one of Raku’s followers, Grimtooth knew about this and freed Raku from his prison. Now your parents were smart, Cyra. Your parents knew that Raku would try to reach you as soon as he could to try and seduce your mind to his ways and get you to use your powers against the universe (That’s where the saying ‘If Darkness shalt conquer thou, then Darkness shalt conquer all’ comes from). So, your parents had a spell to be cast on you, in which your Dragon Spirit would be sealed in that amulet and gave you to two loving Humans until it was time for your return to the Dragon Worlds.” Nestor finished off.




Spyro and Cyra were just absorbing what they just heard. They were descendants of the Dragon gods!?

“Nestor…”Cyra spoke up

“hmm?” Nestor replied,

“A-are my real parents still alive?” Cyra said with a plea. Nestor then fell silent,

“No. I’m afraid after they sent you away, their plan was discovered and…Raku murdered them, mercilessly” Nestor said in a saddened tone.

“What?” He murdered my parents?” Cyra said, saddened by the thought. Spyro then noticed that she was fairly saddened by the news and he stroked her arm,

“Hey. You ok?” Spyro asked, with a hint of sympathy.

“Yeah. I just need time to think…” Cyra replied briskly. As soon as Cyra spoke, the sky suddenly darkened in the south and the wind picked up. “What’s going on?” cried Cyra. A voice then came out of the thin air,

“Nestor? Nestor? Are you there?” called the voice,

“Yes, Cosmos. I’m here.” Replied Nestor, “Do you have an idea what’s going on here?” Asked Nestor.

“It’s Raku. Raku’s making his move into the human realm! He’s found out about the portal, Nestor! Cyra’s in danger! We’re in danger!” yelled Cosmos,

” Don’t worry cosmos, Cyra’s here with me” Nestor reassured Cosmos

“She is!? Oh! Joyous!” Cosmos yelled, “I just heard some news! There have been some deaths,” he gasped “Including David and Mira!” Cosmos cried. Cyra couldn't believe what she just heard. David and Mira, her parents.

“That’s my parents! NO! I-it can’t be. I refuse to believe that they’re dead!” Cyra cried. Cyra then bolted towards the portal, determined to see her parents, “MUM! DAD!” she cried, whilst she ran to the portal.

“No! Wait! Cyra!” Spyro yelled, Spyro then ran after Cyra

“No! Wait! It’s too dangerous!” Nestor yelled after them, but it was too late. Spyro and Cyra had disappeared through the portal and a sense of hopelessness washed over him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment