Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - A Painful Loss

Spyro meets a powerful young Dragoness, called Cyra, who has a prophecy foretold about her being linked to the Dragon Gods themselves and the evil Raku wants to seduce her and turn her to Darkness to take the universe under his rule...

Chapter 4 - A Painful Loss

Chapter 4 - A Painful Loss
Chapter four: A Painful Loss[/u]

Cyra jumped out the portal and skidded to a halt on the crumbly floor of the same dreary castle she was in before. Filled with determination to see her parents, Cyra made a move towards the ruin threshold. As Cyra started to run towards the door, Spyro then too, flew out the portal and glided to land in front of Cyra.

“Cyra! What do you think you’re doing? Nestor said it was too dangerous to come back here!” Spyro shouted

“I don’t care!” Cyra yelled, “I’m gonna see my parents for myself and no one’s gonna stop me! Not you, not him…not anyone!” Cyra screamed desperately. Cyra then ran past Spyro and out the threshold. Spyro then followed Cyra as they bolted down the crumbly pathway, leading back down to her village, with the sun beginning to disappear behind the mountains afar.

“Cyra! Wait!” Spyro yelled, but it was no use. Cyra’s mind was set on only one thing; getting to her parents as fast as she could. As Cyra entered the village gate and began to run down her street, she caught a glimpse of columns of smoke bellowing out a house on the far end of the street.

“No…I-it can’t be…”Cyra gasped, Cyra then ran as fast as she could to the end of the street with Spyro close behind. As soon as she reached the end of the street, it was too late. Cyra was now standing looking at an empty blackened shell of a flaming house that she once called home.

“No, No…! How could they do this…?” Cyra sobbed

Cyra then notice two figures lying obscurely beside a burning shrub in what used to be their garden. As soon as Cyra noticed this, she ran across to them as fast as she could, regardless of the blazing flames around her. When Cyra reached them, she saw that the two figures where two dead, adult humans; a beautiful woman, with her blonde hair covered in her blood and a man with short brown hair and a large, deep wound in his stomach.

“Mum…? Dad…?” Cyra sobbed as the situation began to sink in, “ MUM!! DAD!! NO! Please! No…! You can’t be dead…!” Cyra sobbed “ Noooo…!” Cyra yelled as she mourned over her parents’ dead bodies.


“Cyra…I-I’m so sorry…” Spyro said as he placed his paw on her shoulder, feeling a huge weight of pity for her. Spyro then noticed two daffodils under the in the flowerbed that somehow managed to survive the fire. Spyro then picked these and handed them to Cyra

“Here…” Spyro said as he handed over the daffodils. Spyro and Cyra’s gaze then met and Cyra new what Spyro meant, she nodded, then laid her parents side-by-side and placed the daffodils on her parents’ bodies.

Cyra then got up and took a few, deep shuddering gasps but this time she was beginning to fill with rage and she jerked her head away from the blazing house and back at the village gate.

“Cyra?” as Spyro questioned her sudden reaction but Cyra didn’t answer.

She couldn’t believe what had just happened. Raku had killed her parents; the only people she ever truly knew and loved and now they were gone forever, all because of him. How could he do this!? Cyra thought to herself. The thought sickened her and this made even more furious. Burning with fury, Cyra then suddenly started charging back down the street.

“Cyra! Wait!” Spyro yelled after Cyra as she ran out the village and back up the gravely path.

The ruined castle then came back into view and Spyro and Cyra ran through the threshold. Spyro then followed Cyra back through the portal and they both landed back on the green, lush grass beside the waterfall. Nestor then ran over to them, relieved to she them again.

“Spyro, Cyra. Thank goodness. I told you not to…” Nestor then realised that Cyra was in absolutely no mood for listening and cut himself short. Cyra then ran off by herself down the path.

“Raku!” Cyra breathed “You…MURDERER!!! AM GONNA KILL YE! YE HEAR ME!?!? WHEN WE FINALLY MEET, I’M GONNA TEAR YE TAE PIECES!!!!!” Cyra screamed; burning with fury and Cyra then disappeared through a portal reading ‘Stone Hill’.

“Cyra…” Spyro said whilst making a move after her but Nestor held him back.

“No. Spyro. I think she wants to be on her own for a bit.” Nestor said, saddened by her reaction.


At night in Stone Hill, Cyra sat alone on a small cliff, gazing out at the calm sea, allowing the cold, night air to sting her wet, tear-stricken face. As a tear trickled down her cheek and dripped onto the soft grass, Spyro found Cyra and had felt a deep sorrow for Cyra and rested his paw on her shoulder.

“Hey…are you ok?” Spyro asked, sympathetically

“I-I just can’t believe they’re dead…” Cyra sobbed, “How could he just kill them like that…?” she asked in a shaky voice. Cyra then broke into sobs and more tears began to cascade down her cheeks. Spyro then put his arm around her to comfort her “I just wish…this had…never happened” she added, whilst hiccoughing. Spyro then hugged to comfort her and Cyra cried hard over his shoulder.

“I know, I know. It’s alright” Spyro hushed her as Cyra sobbed

“It’s not alright” Cyra said in a shaky voice, “My parents are dead, Spyro. They’re all I had left… and now it’s just…me on my own,” Cyra added

“No, no. You’re not alone. You have me.” Spyro said in a comforting way. Cyra then gazed into Spyro’s eyes for she had never met such a caring person before. “And I promise I won’t leave you.” Spyro added.

“Y-you promise?” Cyra asked

“Yeah, I promise” Spyro confirmed. She and Spyro then hugged each other, Cyra had never felt this happy before in ages and nice, warm feeling aroused in her heart.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment