Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - To Be a Dragon

Spyro meets a powerful young Dragoness, called Cyra, who has a prophecy foretold about her being linked to the Dragon Gods themselves and the evil Raku wants to seduce her and turn her to Darkness to take the universe under his rule...

Chapter 5 - To Be a Dragon

Chapter 5 - To Be a Dragon
Chapter five: To be a Dragon[/u]

The birds started to twitter their little songs proudly as the sun began to peek from over the hills afar. Spyro and Cyra are both seen snuggled up next to each other under a piece of land that stretched over stony path in the Artisan home. As the sun reached them, they then begin to stir.

“Hey Cyra.” Spyro said as he woke up

“What? Oh. Hi Spyro. Morning all ready?” Cyra replied with a yawn.

“Yup. So, sleep well?” Spyro asked

“Yeah. I did actually. So, what’re we doing today?” Cyra asked as she stretched her wings.

“Dunno. I still have that stupid two-hour-long lecture class after lunch” Spyro said with a groan as he got up and stretched out his legs.

“Oh. Right. Forgot about that.” Cyra replied, standing up stretching out her limbs. As Cyra noticed the portal gem glinting in the sun, which was now inactive, she remembered how her parents died after Raku’s forces had mercilessly slaughtered her parents and burnt down her home. She began to fill up with a mixture of sadness and anger once more. Spyro then noticed that Cyra’s expression had saddened slightly as she noticed the grim reminder standing next to the waterfall.

“Cyra…?” Spyro said as he rested his arm across her back “You alright?” he asked.

“Yeah…I just…I was just kinda…hoping…that this never really happened…” Cyra said with a hint of sadness

“Yeah…I know…” Spyro replied as he stroked her smooth, leathery wings

“I dunno…I just…just feel empty without them and I just feel like I just wanna…” she broke off with a slight growl as she clinched her paw

“I know, I know…” Spyro said whilst hugging Cyra “But you can fight later. You can’t fight them just now. You’ve still got like loads to learn and stuff. For starters, you’ve not even breathed fire before, have you?” Spyro added

“Well, no… but do you just like…breathe and poof! Roasty bums?” Cyra asked

“Nah!” Spyro laughed, “There’s a bit more too it than that. Well, you probably could, but you hafta control it first.” Spyro added

“Hm. Thought so.” Cyra smiled slightly as her and Spyro’s eyes met.

“Yeah…so… you can fight them later, yeah? And I’ll be here for you and I promise I’ll never leave you. Ok?” Spyro said, “Just like I promised last night” Spyro added. Cyra then gazed in Spyro’s eyes, with a warm smile and she hugged him. As Spyro stroked Cyra’s head, she felt that same warm, soothing feeling in her heart that she felt when Spyro held her in his arms last night…

Later that afternoon, after lunch, Spyro walked into an empty classroom of about twenty wooden desks and chairs and a Nestor sitting at the large desk at the far left corner reading through some papers.

“Nestor?” Spyro started

“Ah. Spyro. There you are. I was hoping you didn’t forget like the last time. Choose a seat.” Nestor asked Spyro. Spyro then sat down at a desk full of graffiti. Spyro sniggered to himself as he saw ‘Nestor has a like most GINORMOUS NOSE IN THE ENTIRE DRAGON KINGDOM!!!!!’ carved carelessly on one of the table-legs. “Problem?” Nestor questioned Spyro as he noticed him laugh.

“Uh…no. Nothing…” Spyro replied quickly

“Hm… anyway, you missed your lecture class yesterday, didn’t you?” Nestor started. Spyro grunted slightly meaning a yes. “Uh-huh. However, given the circumstances, I think it’s probably better off to postpone the classes, for now at least.” Nestor added

“Huh!?” Spyro suddenly replied in disbelief “For real?” Spyro asked.

“Yes… I think it’s probably wiser to turn our attentions towards what is happening at this present. Now Spyro, listen carefully. I want you to teach Cyra what you know. She has never been taught what it means to be a Dragon yet and to take on Raku’s forces, we need all the help we can get” Nestor told Spyro
“What me, teach Cyra?” Spyro asked

“Yes. I want you to just teach her the basics like how to breath fire, charge, glide and even some combat and agility that you know. After you done that, I’ll tell you what top do next, but in the meantime, just teach her what you know” Nestor finished off.

“Right. I’ll see what I can do. How long should it take” Spyro replied.

“Well, I’d say about a week or two, or more if she needs it but just take it at a step at a time so she has a chance to take in the stuff she’s learning and don’t rush things too much. Ok?” Nestor answered

“Ok.” Spyro replied. Spyro then walked out of the classroom and out into the brilliant sunshine, both happy about missing two hours of lecture time but still unsure how to go about his given task.

Cyra was lying on her back, on the cool green grass next to the waterfall, listening to the water spraying on the rocks below. Cyra then got up as she heard someone coming up from behind her and she was surprised to see Spyro back so early.

“Spyro? I thought you had that lecture thing with Nestor” Cyra asked

“Hey Cyra. Yeah, I did but Nestor decided to just leave it.” Spyro replied

“Really? Cool! No’ bad for some” Cyra said “Why?” she asked

“Well, Nestor wants me to uh…teach you a few things” Spyro answered

“Eh? Like what?” Cyra asked

“Well, the basics like breathing fire and stuff” Spyro said, Spyro then thought for a bit “C’mon I think I know where to start” Spyro added and Cyra followed Spyro through a gap into another little area, with a large dragon head at the far end.

“Ok. Right. To start off with I’m gonna teach you how to breath fire.” Spyro started

“First, I just want to see what you can do. So I want you to just breathe when you’re ready just now. K?” Spyro told Cyra

“Right.” Cyra answered. Cyra then took in a deep breath and blew as hard as she could but all that came out was a little puff of flame.

“Huh? What gives?” Cyra asked.

“Yeah…see what you’re doing wrong is you’re only like breathing from your chest. You’ve gotta use your diaphragm more. Think it as if you’re breathing from your stomach and really force it up.” Spyro explained

“Ok. Ok. Let’s see.” Cyra then once again filled her lungs up with air but this time she made sure she forced it up from her stomach as hard as she could and as soon as she did this, fire suddenly erupted out her mouth and flame sprayed everywhere.

“YOUCH!!!” Spyro suddenly yelped as a stray flame singed the tip of Spyro’s tail. Spyro groaned as he finally managed to pat his flaming tail out.

“Oh! My God! I’m sorry! I just lost control and…” Cyra said

“Nah. It’s ok. I’ve done that before too and lemme tell ya, Lindar was NOT happy” Spyro laughed as he recovered “Right. Let’s try that again but this time, try and control it more and aim” Spyro added

“Ok. Right. I can do this” Cyra said to her self. Cyra then filled her lungs up once more and breathed out the air with her stomach as before but as she focussed, a nice line of flame rushed out her mouth.

“Yeah! That’s it! Ya got it!” Spyro yelled clearly pleased with the result.

“Ya beauty!” Cyra yelled in delight “Now you can called me the Pyro queen!” Cyra added. She and Spyro laughed

“Right, ‘Pyro Queen’, this time I just want you to do what you did before on these dummies,” Spyro laughed as he pointed towards six human sized, straw dummies next to the wall.

“Ok. Right! Let’s burn ‘em tae a crisp!” Cyra said. Cyra then lined up with the first dummy, Cyra the focussed on her breathing like before and when she breathed out, a straight line of flame shot out her mouth and dummy burst into flames. Cyra then continued to breath fire on the next dummy, and the next until all the dummies caught fire and became a heap of ash. Cyra then smiled at the heap of ash, satisfied with the result.

“Oh! Yeah! Yer cooking with gas now!” Yelled Spyro again pleased with what Cyra had achieved.

Then out of the ash, sprouted up six new straw dummies.

“Eh!? How did that happen?” Cyra said as she notice the new dummies

“Oh! Um…new ones sprout up in about five minutes or so if they’re destroyed” Spyro told Cyra “Anyway, this time I’m gonna teach you how to charge” Spyro added, “Ok. Body position. To charge, your head has to be lowered low enough so your back and neck are exactly line with each other” Spyro started

“Uh…like this?” Cyra asked as she tried to copy what Spyro suggested by lowering her head.

“Uh…almost but your head need to come up just a little bit higher just so you can see where you’re going” Spyro answered as positioned Cyra’s head slightly, “See, now that’s perfect. Now I just want you to charge that dummy there but keep that body position the best you can,” Spyro added

“Right. Ok.” Cyra answered. Cyra then began to charge across to the dummies as fast as her legs could go, focussing on keeping her body position in tact but before Cyra knew it she was seeing stars as she missed the dummy and went charging smack, bang right into the wall, “Ow! My head...” Cyra groaned as she sat up and recovered from her massive headache

“Oh! You ok?” Spyro asked Cyra

“Yeah…I think so…” Cyra answered whilst rubbing her head

“Yeah. I’ve done that plenty times before.” Spyro said, “Well, apart from that, I’d say you were doing pretty well. You just lost you’re concentration for a sec there, didn’t you?” Spyro added

“Yeah. It’s just all happens so fast, one second flinch and it’s night-night,” Cyra explained

“Yeah, I know” Spyro laughed slightly “So. You ready to try again?” Spyro asked

“Yeah…my head’s more or less better so…yeah. Let’s bring ‘em on” Cyra replied. Cyra then got up and got into her body position and sure she lined her body up with the first dummy. She then began to charge, making sure she didn’t lose her concentration this time and she then charged right into the dummy and it shattered into pieces.

“All right, Cyra! Nice one!” Spyro yelled, clearly pleased with her.

“Oh! Yeah!” Cyra yelled happily

“Ok! Yeah, that dummy never stood a chance against that!” Spyro said, “Right now I just want to see if you can do what you just did on these dummies, K? Just when ever you’re ready.” Spyro added

“Ok!” Cyra said as she psyched herself up and she then lined herself up with the first dummy as before and charged at full speed towards it and when the rammed it, square on, it again fell to pieces like the last time, then she did the same with the next dummy and then the next, until all that was left, was a heap straw and wooden arms and legs.

“Yeah! Right on! Wow! You’re a super-fast learner! I reckon a couple more days of flaming and charging and they’ll be perfect! I might throw in a couple more horn techniques too.” Spyro cheered

“Cool! So is that it for today or what?” Cyra asked

“Yeah. That’s it for today. Well, just be practising this stuff for a few more days and then I’ll start teaching you how to glide.” Spyro answered.

“Cool! I’ve always wanted to do that!” Cyra replied, “So what’re you up to now?” Cyra asked

“Well, I’m just gonna grab some tea. Wanna come?” Spyro asked Cyra

“Sure.” Cyra replied and as she and Spyro’s met again, she felt a slight blush creep up on her…

Meanwhile, in Raku’s fortress of dark creatures and dark thoughts carved on the damp walls, Raku was pacing up and down, briskly in front of two Shadow Dragons.



“You worthless FOOLS!” Raku boomed “I told you two to bring her back to me what ever the cost AND YOU FAILED ME! AGAIN!” Raku yelled in their faces.

“But sir…” The larger Shadow Dragon started, “The Dragon with that prophecy couldn’t be found anywhere, we couldn’t even smell her anywhere! The freshest scent we could pick up was at a small castle in the hills, next to the portal, sir. We traced the scent back down to a small village, but the scent diminished my then” explained the Shadow Dragon, “We also traced down the keepers of the Dragon and we tried to force it out of them about her whereabouts but they refused and they were punished.” Finished of the Shadow Dragon.

“Hm. knowing you, Grimtooth, by punishing, you meant killing, don’t you?” replied Raku

“Yes, sir” replied Grimtooth

“Fool! You should have brought them back to me as I have much more effective ways of forcing information!” Yelled Raku

“Forgive me sir. I didn’t think… though I think she may have arrived in the Dragon Kingdom…” Grimtooth whispered

“You didn’t think!” Boomed Raku, “Oh! Forget it! I have a better plan. Grimtooth, you go and build up my army! We’re going to war!” Raku yelled

“Yes sir. But what about Cyra?” Grimtooth asked

“Leave her too me. My Shadow Crystal should be able to locate her mind when the magical boundary would happen very soon indeed and then we may have a little guest in our army...” Raku explained with a smirk

“Yes sir” Grimtooth answered and he walked briskly out the throne-room and Raku once again laughed an evil, shuddering laugh as his plan began to unravel in his foul mind.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment