Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Weakening

Spyro meets a powerful young Dragoness, called Cyra, who has a prophecy foretold about her being linked to the Dragon Gods themselves and the evil Raku wants to seduce her and turn her to Darkness to take the universe under his rule...

Chapter 8 - Weakening

Chapter 8 - Weakening
Cyra was standing alone in a deserted dark, damp room, with a wooden, termite-bitten throne, surrounded by walls rotten with decay and statues that reflected many dark beings and dark thoughts.

“Hello?” Cyra called out, “Anyone here?” but all that answered was the soft moaning of the wind, entering through the crack in the large door on the other side of the room.

As Cyra began to walk ever so slightly forwards, she noticed a large crystal ball, with dark energy residing with in it. As Cyra walked towards the crystal ball, a little voice then called out from the thin air.

“Cyra…” the voice started

“Who’s there?” Cyra cried as she wheeled around to find the source of the voice but when she looked around, there was no one there.

“You are the one destined to join us,” the voice continued

“Huh!?” Cyra cried. Cyra then realised who the voice must belong to.
“Wait…you’re Raku, aren’t you?!” Cyra gasped

“Yes…and you are the one who is destined to come over to the shadow and help us take the rest of the world down with us” Raku continued

“No. I would never join you!” Cyra answered

“But I could make you all powerful beyond your wildest dreams! Just think! You could gain even more power beyond that of the gods themselves…”

“I don’t care about power or any of that crap! I’ve got all I’ll ever need here and besides you killed my parents, you murderer!” Cyra yelled at the voice

“Hm…and very foolish they were to…if they had just handed you over like I asked of them, then perhaps they’re lives could have been spared… however, if you join me then we may be able to bring your parents back from they’re graves…” Raku answered

As he mentioned that, Cyra then felt a slight hesitation. Cyra had wanted to be with her real parents for sometime since she learned of her heritage, yet if she gave in, millions of lives would be at stake.

“No! My parents died to protect me from the likes of you and I won’t dishonour them by giving in to my selfishness and besides, if I give in, then millions of lives will be in danger!” Cyra yelled back as her decision became solid in her mind

“Very well!” Raku said in a rough, brisk voice. As soon as Raku said this, a purple figure then appeared next to the throne, Cyra then realised it was Spyro.

“Spyro?” Cyra questioned Spyro’s sudden appearance. Spyro then turned around, with a quizzical look on his face. Cyra then began to walk towards Spyro see him; but she then realised she couldn’t move and was completely frozen to the spot.

“What!?” Cyra panicked as she tried to move. As soon as she spoke, Spyro then was thrown back violently with a powerful force.

“Spyro!” Cyra yelled in fright, shocked my Spyro’s sudden movement.

“If you don’t join me, then your loved one will feel the consequences” Raku yelled

“Spyro! No!” Cyra screamed as Spyro began to get hit by more invisible strikes. Cyra tried to move in to help Spyro but Cyra was still frozen to the spot and the force holding onto her didn’t seem to want to give in.

“No…Spyro…” Cyra sobbed, “Please… stop it…” Cyra pleaded as tears began to stream from her eyes. Raku didn’t listen and Spyro continued to be struck violently by Raku’s invisible strikes. When Spyro landed violently on his back, Spyro and Cyra’s gaze met at that point.

“Cyra…I’m sorry… I love you…” Spyro managed to breathe, as he continued to get hit violently by the strikes.

“Spyro…! No…please…!” Cyra sobbed as she helplessly watched Spyro slowly get beaten to death.

“Spyro…no…” Cyra sobbed as the scenery began to disintegrate away until there was all but darkness.


“Cyra! Wake up!” Cried a familiar, worried voice. Cyra then jerked herself awake. She then found herself in a large grassy field, with the dark, velvety sky, showered with many stars. Cyra then saw that the voice belonged to Spyro, who had a worried look on his face.

“Hey. Are you ok?” Spyro asked

“Oh. Spyro…I love you so much…” Cyra sobbed as she collapsed into Spyro’s arms. Cyra then cried hard over Spyro’s shoulder.

“Hey, hey… I love you too…what happened anyway?” Spyro asked

“It was horrible! It was Raku… he was trying to get me to join him…but I didn’t want to and he killed you and…” Cyra sobbed

“Ok. Ok. Shh… It’s ok…it was just a dream…” Spyro hushed Cyra

“Spyro…” Cyra started as she raised her head up “I don’t think that was just a dream…” Cyra added

“Huh? What do you mean?” Spyro questioned her

“I think… Raku is trying to get to me…” Cyra started, “Haven’t you noticed how anxious Nestor’s been around me lately?” Cyra asked

“Well, yeah. He’s probably just worried about that war thing that’s coming up” Spyro said

“Well, That too, but do you remember when Nestor asked me to be especially careful? Now why would he single me out like that?” Cyra asked

“Hmm…yeah, that’s kinda weird how he said that…but maybe that’s because he knows you’ve not had a lot of experience yet…” Spyro answered

“Yeah…” Cyra said quietly as she lay back down on the cool grass, still unsure

“Well, we better get back to sleep” Spyro yawned as he lay don beside Cyra, “I’ll be here if you need me. Ok?” Spyro added

“Ok…thanks” Cyra replied with a smile

“Sure.” Spyro replied back

Spyro and Cyra then shared a kiss and they then dozed off to sleep, holding onto each other.


Meanwhile, in back in Raku’s fortress, with instruments of torture littered throughout the room, Raku was seen still with his grimy, clawed hand hovering over the Crystal ball. A smile then formed across Raku’s rotten face as he removed his hand from the orb.

“Hm…this one’s strong…” Raku hissed, “But believe me, Cyra. This is only the beginning…” Raku finished off, as he bared his rotten fangs with an evil toothy grin…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment