Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - The Battle of Ages

Spyro meets a powerful young Dragoness, called Cyra, who has a prophecy foretold about her being linked to the Dragon Gods themselves and the evil Raku wants to seduce her and turn her to Darkness to take the universe under his rule...

Chapter 12 - The Battle of Ages

Chapter 12 - The Battle of Ages
It was the last night that they will spend in the Artisan worlds. Everyone had received they’re armour and added the finishing touches in readying their weaponry. Spyro looked at himself in his armour of strong silver and gold braiding glinting in the moonlight and thought about her. He would have to fight her tomorrow in the battle. He remembered those eyes, seeing how corrupted they were pained him. Yet even though things seemed grim, he felt hope. Spyro hadn’t forgot what Nestor said about the mind shift and even though there was an extremely slim chance of her achieving it, Spyro still felt a strange, tiny, bit of hope, floating around his vast mixture of emotions…

“Spyro…!”, Called a Dragon from the front of the crowd. Spyro then turned around and saw that the voice came from Nestor, who was trying to manoeuvre his way through the crowd, “You got a minute?”

Spyro nodded and followed Nestor out the crowd and further into a quieter part of the field. “So are you prepared?” Nestor asked

“Yeah. Pretty much” Spyro answered

“That’s good” Nestor replied, “Now Spyro I have something here that will be of use for you” Nestor continued. Nestor then took out an object, which he realised was a sword in a purple sheath, with a symbol that consisted of a small, red dragon, breathing fire. “Gavin and I both agreed that you should have this sword,” Nestor added. As Spyro took the sword, unsheathed it and took a closer look at the sword, he then noted that the sword was crafted with a silver blade, a gold Dragon’s head on the tip of the handle and a red bar that had four purple semi-transparent orbs placed two on either side.

“This is a very special sword that has magical properties and we feel as though you have the right to wield it and we also trust that you will use it valiantly in the battle that is to come.” Nestor said as Spyro looked at the sword

“Uh…thanks…” Spyro said, a little lost for words as he looked at the sword. Spyro then began to walk away, leaving himself to his own thoughts

“And Spyro…” Nestor called, “I trust that you will keep that sword by you at all times and…use it wisely.” Nestor added

“Don’t worry, I will” Spyro replied with a hint of determination. He then slipped the sword in its sheath and walked off through the portal into Stone Hill. Spyro then lay down on the cliff, where he and Cyra usually sat and talked and though to himself…

“Cyra…” Spyro said to himself and then slowly dosed of to sleep…

It was a nice sunny day, with the clear, blue sky overhead Spyro and Cyra were seen lying next to each other on the lake bank

“So you got anything planned today?” Cyra asked

“Nah. Not really” Spyro answered

Cyra then sat up, gazing the Sparkling blue water. Spyro then sat up and wrapped his arms around her.

“Hm…it’s just so nice here…” Cyra said

“Yeah…” Spyro replied

Spyro then smirked a little as he held onto Cyra at the waters edge

“Oh! And just one thing…” Spyro said

“Hm? What’s that?” Cyra asked

“In ya go!” Spyro said as Spyro “Eek!” Cyra squealed as Spyro suddenly pushed her into the water with a terrific Splash! Spyro then burst out laughing as Cyra came up to the surface with a look of pure shock

“Spyro!” Cyra laughed, “Oh! My God! I cannae believe you just did that!” Cyra added whilst Spyro laughed

“Sorry. Couldn’t resist” Spyro laughed, “You shoulda seen the look on your face…!” Spyro laughed

“Pffft. Yer gonna get it one o’ these days!” Cyra laughed as she splashed some water in Spyro’s face.

As Cyra settled herself beside the bank where Spyro was lying. Still laughing slightly, she looked at him. Cyra then wrapped her arms around Spyro’s neck and shoulders and Spyro place his arms around her body.

“You’re some machine…” Cyra said, “Good job for you, I love you.” Cyra added

“Yeah…” Spyro replied with a slight chuckle

Spyro and Cyra then bent their heads towards each other. Spyro then closed his eyes, expecting a kiss, but he, however, suddenly felt a bit of pressure around his shoulders and before he knew it he was completely submerged in water. Spyro then came up, wondering what had just happened.

“W-what?”, Spyro spluttered, as he wiped the water from his eyes with a look of shock

“Hah! Gotcha!” Cyra laughed

“Cyra!” Spyro said in disbelief, “Oh! My God! You’re evil!” Spyro laughed

“Hee, hee! That’s what you get for shovin’ me in the first place!” Cyra said, laughing at Spyro

Cyra then swim across to Spyro and placed her arms around his shoulders, whilst Spyro wrapped his arms around her body. Spyro then looked at the beaming smile on Cyra’s face and her eyes, sparkling like blue, lake water around them. This made him realise just how much he loved her. Spyro then place his paw on her cheek.

“I love you…” Spyro sighed

“I love you too” Cyra replied

Spyro and Cyra then bent forwards and kissed each other on the lips…

As they savoured the moment, Spyro’s vision then began to blur. The picture of that nice sunny day of him and Cyra began to disintegrate into darkness before his very eyes and then he felt the cold, night air sweep across his body. As the starry sky overhead began to come into focus, Spyro’s heart then sank as he realised it was all just a dream and Cyra was someplace else, consumed by Raku’s spell. He missed her, but he wouldn’t have to wait long to meet her again, for it was nearly dawn and they would soon have make off to the valley between the two Dragon Realms and he would meet and possibly have to fight her in the battle.


The day had finally come. All of the armies of the Dragon Kingdom had arrived in the long, wide valley, with many cliffs and crags between the Peace Keepers and Magic Crafters realms. As the Artisan Dragons arrived at the valley, a green Magic Crafter Dragon then stood before and greeted them.

“Nestor. It’s good to see that you and the Artisan inhabitants have made it her ok” Cosmos called

“Likewise. So, is everyone more or less here?” Nestor asked
“Yes, as far as I know.” Cosmos answered

“That’s good. Has there been any news about Raku’s army?” Nestor asked

“We some of the Dragons on look out, but there has been no reported movement so far.“ Cosmos answered

“Hm…” Nestor replied, Nestor. Nestor them walked over to Gavin

“Gavin. Would you mind in helping to keep look out on that cliff on the western side, just there?” Nestor asked, indicating a bare cliff not far from where they were.

“Will do.” Gavin replied and he flew up to the cliff and began scanning over the valley floor for any signs of movement.

Spyro sat alone on a small cliff deep in thought about the battle that was to take place today, whilst gazing at the sword he held in his paw. As the sword shone brilliantly along with his armour, from the sun’s rays, he started to feel the adrenaline pumping through his veins along with determination, anger and fury as he was constantly reminded of what Raku had done to his parents and the look in Cyra’s eyes after he had managed to corrupt her.

“Any sign of them yet?” Nestor asked Gavin, who was standing on a high cliff, keeping lookout

“Nah, not yet”, Gavin answered as he continued to scan over the valley floor.

When Nestor looked away for a few minutes, Gavin then suddenly spotted a dark mass on the other side of the valley. When the dark mass slowly began to creep closer, Gavin then saw that the mass was hundreds of dragons in pure black armour wielding swords, spears and shields.

“Nestor! They’re here!” Gavin yelled,

“Right! Get everyone into position!” Nestor ordered

“Alright! You heard! Get into your positions, now!” Gavin called from a high cliff overhead, “Come on! Get a move on!” Gavin continued to yell from the cliff as he glided down into his own position.

The atmosphere was deafening with the clanking of the armour as everyone hurried past and banging into each other as they began to move into position and with the images of Cyra and his parents fixed permanently in his mind, Spyro then slipped his sword back into its sheath on his back, glided down from the cliff and moved into his position in between Gavin and some other dark blue Dragon.

“Alright there, Spyro?”, Gavin asked as Spyro gave a shuddering sigh

“Yeah…” Spyro replied,

“You scared?” Gavin asked

“A bit…” Spyro replied

“Ah, don’t worry about it. Just remember what and whom you’re fighting for. Remember your training.” Gavin assured Spyro.

“But they’re like at a totally different league from those dummies…” Spyro added

“No they’re not, Spyro. The only difference between them and the dummies is the dummies are made of wood and straw. Now you just use you instincts and the techniques you were taught.” Gavin replied, “You’ll be fine, Spyro. I know you will. Once you get past the first hurdle, you’ll get into a routine and you’ll be fine.”

Spyro took his words on board and then once again along with the adrenaline came determination…

An uncanny silence then hummed in the air, only broken by the odd clank from the armoury. The black mass of shadow Dragon then began to come closer. The swords, shields and spears were now coming clear and pretty soon the distant sound of the clanking and banging of their armoury came into range and the tension was rising.

The shadow Dragons with in sea of black were advancing gradually, until each and every dragon could be recognised. Each Dragon of cold grey eyes and dirty, grey scales, covered in many ugly scars, had pure-black, steel armour, rough swords and black shields with Raku’s symbol carved onto each and every one. The more you looked at them, the more you began to detest their existence. Spyro’s eyes scanned over the sea of black. ‘Where was she?’ Spyro thought to him self as he couldn’t find Cyra amongst the sea of Black, but he knew she was there, waiting to slay her first victim. It was then that he saw a tall, cloaked figure, armed with a blade in one hand and a staff in the other float a few feet above the army.

“Raku…” Spyro muttered under his breathed. The more Spyro looked at Raku, floating in the air like that, the more he remembered how he murdered his parents that night. As Spyro looked at that dark, monstrous figure, he then began growl under his breath as he began to fill up with pure hatred…

The sea of Shadow Dragons then came to a halt and an uncanny silence, once again, hung in the air. The tension had now risen to the max as the armies of the Dragon Kingdom and Shadow Dragons watched and waited for either side to make the move, the move that would begin one of the most spectacular battles in history, The Battle of Ages.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment