Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Light against Dark

Spyro meets a powerful young Dragoness, called Cyra, who has a prophecy foretold about her being linked to the Dragon Gods themselves and the evil Raku wants to seduce her and turn her to Darkness to take the universe under his rule...

Chapter 13 - Light against Dark

Chapter 13 - Light against Dark
The tension was immense. The long, uncanny silence continued to hang about the air, as the armies of both the Dragon Kingdom and the Demon Realm waited until one of the opposing sides made the move first, the move that would kick-start one of the grandest battles of the Dragon Age, the Battle of Ages. Spyro continued to search over the many shadow Dragons, with their thick, pure-black armour, rough swords, spears and black shields. ‘I still can’t see her. Where is she?’ Spyro thought as he scanned over the sea of black. Gavin noticed this.

“Spyro. Searching for her is only going to distract you from your battle.” Gavin said.

“I know…” Spyro sighed, “I just…need to find her…” Spyro added

“Look, Spyro. We need you to focus on your main priority. You can find her later but first you should focus on battle.” Gavin told Spyro

‘He’s right. I shouldn’t be so selfish. There’s more to this battle than just Cyra alone.’ Spyro thought, ‘There’s a whole army full of full-grown Dragons that are just as if not more powerful than her.’ Spyro continued to think

“You’re right…I’m sorry, I just miss her…” Spyro replied

“It’s alright, Spyro. Just…keep your focus, ok?” Gavin replied

“Yeah, I will” Spyro replied

There was once again a long uncomfortable silence. The two armies still stood still, waiting for either side to move to make the Battle of Ages commence. The tension in the atmosphere was torturing and tempers were also beginning to flare

“Oh! Come on! This is meant to be a battle not a stupid staring contest!” One of the Peace Keeper Dragons moaned.

“We know, Enzo! We’re all in the same boat!” replied another Peace Keeper

“I know! I’m just saying all this waiting’s doing my head in…!” Enzo replied.

“Hm. Well I don’t think we’ll have to wait any longer! Look!” another Dragon in front of him yelled as after a good fifteen minutes of torturing silence, Raku then suddenly began to float higher above the sea of Shadow Dragons and as raised his staff overhead, with his cloak flowing in the wind, revealing his black armour underneath, he then spoke out,

“Let us finally show that puny army of weak spirits just how powerful us beings of the shadow are!” Raku yelled with a hiss, “And let us have these worlds under our rule and have the universe draped in shadow for all eternity!” Raku boomed, and as he did so, his army of Shadow Dragons then started to charge down the valley floor

“Not if I can help it…” Spyro said under his breath as he continued to watch Raku, still raw with hatred for him.

“Ok! Everyone in your fighting positions! You know what to do!” Gavin yelled, as he unsheathed his sword. Spyro then too, lowered his head and reached up to unsheathe his sword. With his sword drawn and in his fighting stance, all he could do was watch and wait as the sea of Shadow Dragons continued to stampede down the valley. Spyro watched as the army continued to get closer and closer and the clanking and banging of their armour got louder and louder.

It was finally happening. Spyro then fixed on one quadruped Shadow Dragon that was charging right towards him and their eyes met. Spyro peered into its eyes of cold grey and its eyes stared right into Spyro’s. The army was now only a few feet away and as Spyro fixed on his target; he gripped his sword, ready for his first strike. The Shadow Dragon was now only a few inches away from Spyro and it began to lunge its rough, pure-black sword towards him. Spyro then made a split-second decision. As the sword came up to Spyro, he lowered his right shoulder slightly and the sword slid off Spyro’s shoulder-plate. Spyro then swiped his horns upwards and caught the Shadow Dragon’s jaw. This then forced the Shadow Dragon’s head upwards and Spyro the took his sword and drove it into it’s stomach, where the armour didn’t meet. He made his first strike. He watched as the Shadow Dragon gasped for its breath and writhed as Spyro’s sword was firmly stuck in its stomach. Spyro then pulled his sword out swiftly and the Shadow Dragon then fell to the ground and slowly bled to death. Spyro then examined his bloodstained sword. He made his first strike and this was the first of many.

Spyro then came back to the reality of the situation and readied his sword again. Spyro then dodged to the right as another Shadow Dragon swung its sword as him. Spyro then took his sword and drove it up threw its jaw. Spyro then yanked his sword out and drove it into the stomach of another Shadow Dragon that was behind him before it got a chance to strike.

Spyro then continued to strike down more Shadow Dragons with his sword, with each strike just as powerful as the last, as the images of his parents and Cyra were firmly fixed in his mind, fuelling his flow of strength and courage that continued to radiate through out his body. It was like he just knew what to do and that the strength and knowledge of battle was inside of him and now it was coming up to the surface. There was a feeling that this sudden power and knowledge that he felt within him was someone else’s else, yet; at the same time it felt as though it was a part of him. Could this be one of the traits of his ancestor, Meisaka? As he continued to slice his sword through many Shadow Dragons that appeared to come one after another, his sword then struck another bloodstained, silver sword. It was Gavin.

“Hey. All right there, Spyro?” Gavin asked, who was gasping for breath slightly

“Yeah. I’m fine.” Spyro replied, Spyro then noticed a deep gash in Gavin’s right shoulder, “Gavin! You’re hurt!” Spyro gasped

“Yeah…that’s what happens in battles…” Gavin replied as he winched at his wound

“A-are you…going to be all right…?” Spyro asked, unsure about Gavin’s wound

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. Believe me, I’ve had worse.” Gavin replied, wincing at his wound slightly, “Now just you focus on your battle and don’t worry about me, Ok?” Gavin told Spyro as he struck a Shadow Dragon with his sword. Spyro nodded as he watched Gavin slice three other Shadow Dragons. Spyro then noticed that a Shadow Dragon had come up behind Gavin that he hadn’t noticed.

“Gavin! Look out!” Spyro yelled. Gavin then turned around but it was too late. Before they realised it, the Shadow Dragon drove its sword right into Gavin’s stomach.

“GAVIN! NO!” Spyro yelled in shock as his mentor fell to the ground, “YOU’LL PAY FOR THAT!” Spyro yelled as ran towards the Shadow Dragon and sliced his head off. Spyro then looked down at Gavin, who was still gasping for breath with a deep gash in his stomach.

“Gavin…I’m sorry…I couldn’t save you…” Spyro said as his eyes began to fill up with tears

“Spyro…don’t be sorry. This was not your fault…this is how wars go, some people die and some people live. We have to be prepared for the worst when it come to wars…” Gavin managed to breath out. As Spyro noticed the pool of blood slowly seep from Gavin wound, a tear then trickled down his cheek, “Now, now…Spyro, don’t cry… That sword you wield…is a very special sword that Nestor and I entrusted upon you…now you just focus on your battle…use it valiantly…use it wisely…and do the rest of the Dragon Kingdom proud…” Gavin added. As Gavin said those words, he then breathed his last breath and died before Spyro’s very eyes.

“GAVIN!!!” Spyro yelled and soon more tears began to trickle down his cheeks as gritted his teeth. He was gone. Spyro and Gavin had developed a good teacher-pupil relationship over the past few week and now his mentor was gone. Then from deep within him, an unspeakable rage began to surface.

“Monsters…” Spyro breathed, “They’re all monsters…” Spyro continued to say to himself as the rage began to build up in his heart. As Spyro began to breathe deeply with the fury and rage burning within him, it surfaced

“You MONSTERS!!!” Spyro yelled, burning with rage “I’LL KILL YOU ALL!!” Spyro continued to yell as the rage consumed him. Spyro then burning with rage then began slicing as many Shadow Dragons as he could. At one point Spyro leaped up, somersaulted in the air and smacked a Shadow Dragon’s jaw with his tail and he then did a horn dive right in the Shadow Dragon’s stomach, which sent him careering right into a bunch of other Shadow Dragons and finished him off with a sword strike to the throat. Spyro watched as the shadow Dragons writhed and died as the sword was driven into their throats. He then looked at his sword, crimson with blood.

“Don’t worry, Mum, Dad, Gavin…and Cyra…I won’t let you down, I promise” Spyro said and with them in mind, along with the rest of the Dragon Kingdom, he continued to valiantly fight and strike down as many Shadow Dragons with his sword as he could

“Spyro?” Called a voice behind him, Spyro then looked behind him and saw that it was Nestor, who now had a few cuts on his scales and was busy striking down a group of Shadow Dragons with his blade

“Are you holding on all right?” Nestor asked, whilst in the midst of battle

“Yeah…” Spyro replied as he struck another Shadow Dragon

“That’s good…Tell me, have you seen Gavin anywhere? He needs to be advancing up ahead with the rest.” Nestor asked

“Gavin…” Spyro started as he struck down two more Shadow Dragons, “Gavin’s dead…” Spyro added grimly

“I see…” Nestor said sadly

“They monsters struck him down!” Spyro growled, “And they’re not gonna get away with it, GRAAAH!!!!!” Spyro yelled, as he drove his sword through a Shadow Dragon’s neck out of pure hatred and as he yanked the sword out its throat, he sliced another Shadow Dragon’s head off.

Spyro then stuck his sword into a large Shadow Dragon and as it fell and died on the ground, he then saw a small figure with pure-black armour and its sword stuck firmly in a Beast Maker Dragon’s stomach. It was Cyra.

“Cyra…” Spyro said quietly

As she ripped her sword, violently out the Beast Maker’s stomach, she then turned around with a smirk.

“Spyro…” She started, “We meet again…hopefully you’ll be more of a challenge than the rest of these weaklings…” she teased

“Look, Cyra…You don’t have to do this…” Spyro started

“Hah! Listen to yourself! You know what I see? Fear…” Cyra teased, “You stink of it…and I saw you, crying your eyes out over that Dragon, what a pity…” Cyra added

“Hey! You leave him out of it!” Spyro warned, who was still uptight about Gavin’s death

“Or what? You gonna kill me? I’d like to see you try” Cyra sneered at Spyro, “You wanna know why he died? Because he’s weak! He was a weakling and he was rank with fear…” Cyra added

“Grrr…SHUT IT!” Spyro yelled, who was still raw with rage. Cyra then laughed evilly and Spyro, who had just had enough, then swiped his claws at her out of sheer frustration and three, deep cuts were now etched across her left cheek.

“Ah…!” Cyra winced as his claws sliced her face, “Heh. Looks like I struck a nerve…” Cyra added, “Come on then! Fight me! If you dare…” Cyra teased.

Spyro and Cyra then got into their fighting stance and began to circle each other, with Cyra’s orangey-yellow eyes with cat-like slits for pupils firmly fixed on Spyro’s. The real battle had only just begun.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment