Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Awakening

Spyro meets a powerful young Dragoness, called Cyra, who has a prophecy foretold about her being linked to the Dragon Gods themselves and the evil Raku wants to seduce her and turn her to Darkness to take the universe under his rule...

Chapter 15 - Awakening

Chapter 15 - Awakening
Chapter fifteen: Awakening

Everyone was shocked at Spyro’s death. Many of the Dragons of the Dragon Kingdom fell in yells and gasps of disbelief as the news of Spyro’s death was spread throughout the survivors of the war.

“I can’t believe…he’s dead.” said a Peace Keeper quietly,” I mean, he was only fourteen years old,” he added with a hint of sadness

“I know…” Nestor replied, “His sacrifice was a sad loss…” Nestor added sadly

Cyra listened to many of the grieving Dragons. He was gone. Spyro was dead. Cyra, bearing her teeth, continued growling as she watched that monstrous figure floating in mid air. Raku had done nothing but take away and destroy everything she ever knew and loved. The rage then continued to build up in her heart and she then began to growl even louder.

“You MONSTER!!!” Cyra yelled up at Raku

“Cyra…” Nestor said quietly

“HE WAS DEFENCELESS! YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO STRIKE DOWN WITH THAT FINAL STRIKE!!!” Cyra butted in, seething at the monstrous figure.

“Well, I did say that if you didn’t kill him, I would kill him for you, didn’t I?” Raku laughed.

“SHUT UP!!!” Cyra yelled but Raku continued to laugh, this then got a bit too much for Cyra to handle and the rage began to accumulate in her heart. Then something awoke. As the rage continued to rise, a new, foreign yet; somehow, familiar energy began to slowly build up deep within her. The energy then began to spread throughout her body. As the warm and satisfying energy began to distribute to her limbs, Cyra’s amulet then began to glow brightly as a white aura began to wrap itself around it.

When the energy was fully distributed throughout her whole body, the energy then began to intensify and a white aura around Cyra began to become visible. What was happening to her? Nestor’s expression then changed from an expression of sadness and grief to awe as the white aura began to wrap itself around her.

“Hey! What’s up with Cyra? Why is she glowing?” Asked a Beast Maker, noting Cyra’s white aura.

“There is a lot more to Cyra than most people know …”, Nestor replied silently in awe, “If I’m not mistaking…Raku may turn out to be in some very serious trouble…” Nestor added. Raku then stopped laughed in the smirk upon his rotten face then quickly vanished as the noticed the aura.

“Wait! That energy!” Raku yelled, “It can’t be…” Raku said quietly in disbelief

Cyra the looked at Raku again and as she thought of all the horrible, unforgivable things he had done; killed her foster and real parents, killed Spyro… Cyra’s amulet then began to float up on it’s own accord and it began to glow as brightly as the sun itself. As Cyra’s rage was pumped to the max, the energy then intensified even further and Cyra’s amulet then suddenly exploded into many little fragments and as soon as it did so, Cyra then became totally consumed within a bright ball of pure-white energy, even brighter than the sun, that erupted from Cyra’s amulet. Raku watched in horror as the white ball of energy floated in the air, almost level with him.

“NO!” Raku yelled, “You can’t be!” Raku yelled in disbelief

“RAKU!!!!!!!!!” Cyra yelled from the ball of energy, “YOU WILL PAY FOR ALL THOSE INNOCENT LIVES YOU HAVE SLAUTERED AND BOW DOWN TO THE GODS AND GODDESSES OF ALAFRENOR!!!” Cyra yelled from within the ball of energy.

“RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!” Cyra screamed as the energy enlarged around her and became more violent and Raku shielded his eyes as the brightness intensified. But then, the brightness began to subside. As the white ball of energy began to slowly become more transparent, a figure could then be spotted, floating in the middle of the sphere. As the ball of energy completely disintegrated and Cyra returned to the ground, her white aura then began to dim until Cyra was easily recognised when her aura was turned down to a minimum but Cyra was different. Cyra still had her normal royal blue scales but her eyes had a sharper, more pronounced look to them, her blazing-red crest now had gold around the edges and etched around her eyes, forehead, face and body, were elegant, crimson-red markings that had a slight shine to them.

“Nestor!” Cyra called to Nestor, who was watching her in awe, “Move Spyro’s body out of the way!” Cyra told him

“Right away” Nestor called back. Why she asked that when she knew he was dead, he didn’t know but he did as she requested and walked over, lifted Spyro’s cold, limp, lifeless body into his arms and carried his body to safety.

“Impossible! How could you have survived!?” Raku yelled in disbelief, as he looked at Cyra in horror, “I killed you with my own hands!” Raku added

Cosmos looked at Cyra in awe as he noticed her new appearance

“Nestor! Is that…!?” Cosmos started

“Yes, Cosmos. That is Goddess Cyra, not the Goddess Cyra that lived two-thousand years ago but her reincarnation.” Nestor replied

“The Goddess Cyra that you slaughter mercilessly two-thousand years ago may have died physically but her energy lived on throughout the generations.” Cyra answered Raku, who had a slight airy, echo to her voice, “Her energy was passed on to her son, Rekuma and then to his son…and so on. Also before Goddess Cyra’s energy left her body when you struck her, she foresaw the danger that would happen at this present and placed an enchantment on her son, Rekuma, locking all of her spirit within him that would be unleashed two-thousand years later…”

“I knew it…” Raku growled, “I should have killed him while I had the chance!” Raku added. “But no matter. I can kill you again just as easily as I did before!” Raku continued

“I wouldn’t be so sure.” Cyra replied

“What do you mean by that?” Raku demanded

“I’m not just Goddess Cyra’s reincarnation with her powers of ice…I am also combined with God Fyrenz’s powers of fire” Cyra replied, “And on top of that, my level of energy is twice as high as either of them.” Cyra added.

Cyra watched as horror swept across Raku’s body

“You’re plan backfired, Raku! You knew that I’d gain powers from the Dragon Gods and wanted to turn me to darkness, which you achieved for a time, but the prophecy didn’t tell you that the powers were set to reawaken at the time of my Mind Shift or that the reawakening of her powers would make me her reincarnated form…” Cyra continued, “And make me even more powerful than you!” Cyra added

“What!?” Raku yelled, “How dare you! You don’t know what you’re meddling with!” Raku added clearly angered by Cyra’s remark

“It’s true though.” Cyra continued, “My powers are matched with, if not more powerful than yours and I will make you pay for all those innocent lives you have murdered and you will bow before the gods and goddess of Alafrenor!” Cyra added

“I BOW DOWN TO NO GOD…RAAAAAAAAAA!!!!” Raku yelled with fury, as he lunged his staff forwards and launched a ball of energy at Cyra. The ball of energy hit Cyra full on but as the energy disappeared, Cyra appeared to be completely unscathed by the attack and had not even moved an inch.

“What!?” Raku yelled in disbelief, “Impossible! That was the attack that killed her!” Raku added with a hint of fear

“I told you, I’m twice as powerful as Goddess Cyra and God Fyrenz combined.” Cyra spoke in a calm, collective tone.

“Hm. That maybe so but I am at a completely different league to those false Gods!” Raku replied, “LET’S SEE IF YOU CAN TAKE THIS…RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!” Rake yelled at he unleashed a beam of energy towards Cyra. Cyra then raised herself upon her hind legs and a bright ball of light-blue energy began to develop in her paws. Cyra the launched a beam at Raku and the two beams of energy met in the middle. As Cyra and Raku continued to feed their energy into the beams, Cyra’s beam then began to push back Raku’s. As Cyra’s beam began to enclose Raku, he felt the temperature begin to drop rapidly. Cyra’s beam was in fact an ice beam.

“NO!!” Raku yelled, “Have…mercy!” He yelled, as the beam got closer still

“MERCY!?” Cyra yelled back, disgusted by Raku’s remark, “You don’t know the meaning of the word! What about my parents and Spyro! DID YA SHOW THEM MERCY!?” Cyra screamed with fury “YOU’RE GETTING JUST WHAT YOU DESERVE...WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!” Cyra screamed and her ice beam then managed to overtake Raku’s beam and Raku himself. When Cyra stopped, it was revealed that Raku was now completely trapped inside a huge shard of ice and was now plummeting towards the ground at a high speed. However, before it made impact, an invisible force then halted the process and the shard of ice, with Raku contained, stopped, floating a few inches from the ground. Cyra then began to calmly walk towards the shard of ice she then stopped and raised her paw as though she was beckoning someone towards her. As she did so the shard of ice then started to float towards her, it was revealed that Cyra was controlling it with some sort of telekinetic force. When the ice shard was a few feet away from Cyra, she then held her paw up again and it stopped.

“You know, “ Cyra started, “I think I’ll teach you a wee bit o’ science. Ya see when objects get cold, they contract and when they get hot, they expand. Although, if a super hot object suddenly turns super cold over a really quick period of time, or vice versa, then this can actually weaken the bonds between atoms…” Cyra continued, “Or in your case…oh let’s just find out, shall we…?” Cyra added, as a bright-red ball of energy began to develop in her paws.

“GrrrrRRRR…THIS IS FOR ALL THE LIVES YOU DESTROYED!!!!” Cyra yelled as she launched the beam of energy. Then as the hot beam of energy met the cold ice shard around Raku, a loud whistling noise came the shard. Many large cracks then began to slither down the shard and before long, the shard of ice then exploded along with Raku, who was contained within. She did it. Raku was dead.

A stunned silence then hung over the many survivors of the Dragon Kingdom, which was then broken they erupted with cheering.

“She did it!” Screamed a white, female Artisan with delight, “Oh! My God! I can’t believe she did it!!” she squealed, as she hugged another Artisan, nearly chocking him

“Gah! Serina…gerroff…” the Dragon chocked under her hug

Cyra then turned away from the area, where Raku exploded into many fragments and walked towards the scene of cheering and happiness. Many Dragon greeted Cyra as she walked into the crowd.

“Cyra, that was like totally wicked, cool! Raku like totally exploded, Man!” Cheered a Peace Keeper Dragon

“Heh. Thanks, Trondo.” Cyra replied with a smile, “Have you seen Nestor anywhere?” She asked

“Uh…yeah, he’s just over there next to Bruno and Cosmos” He replied, pointing through a gap in the crowd to a green Artisan Dragon, talking to a green Magic Crafter and a brown Beast Maker. Cyra then squeezed her way through the crowd and met up with Nestor.

“Cyra!” Nestor said in delight, “Well, you certainly lived up to the prophecy. Very good work!” Nestor said with a smile

“Yes! Very good indeed” Cosmos cheered

“Yeah! You should be proud of yourself after that!” Bruno added

“Thank you” Cyra grinned, with a slight blush. She then remembered what she must do and came back what or whom she came for. “Nestor? Where’s Spyro?” Cyra asked. The Dragons’ smiles then broadened slightly.

“He’s right here…” Nestor said sadly, as he carried Spyro’s lifeless body over in his arms and placed him down in front of Cyra. Cyra then crouched down, stroked Spyro’s cold cheek and then felt his body and looked at the deep gash that was carved by Raku’s strike.

“I’m afraid there’s nothing you can do.” Nestor said quietly, with a hint of sadness, “He too…” Nestor started

“Oh. But there is.” Cyra started, “You see, Goddess Cyra had an extra power that she kept as a secret between her, Rekuma and the other Gods. Which you will all witness for the first time in two-thousand years.” Cyra explained

“Huh? What power?” Asked a Peace Keeper nearby

“A power to rejuvenate and recreate the cells of a dead body to their former glory by the passing of my own energy to the body…” Cyra replied, “In other words bringing people back to life. Watch…” Cyra added

The Dragons then fell silent as they strained to see what Cyra was going to do with Spyro. Cyra then lifted Spyro’s head up and placed her right paw over Spyro’s wound and she then began to concentrate. Then, pretty soon, a river of Cyra’s pure-white energy began to flow from Cyra to Spyro. The thread of energy then began to circle around Spyro’s wound and as it continued to continually circle around Spyro’s wound, the wound then began to slowly close up. When Spyro’s wound was completely closed up, Cyra’s energy then began to distribute across Spyro’s body. As it did so, the energy started to heal all the other cuts and bruises until Spyro’s body had reached its peak fitness.

“But Cyra…he’s still dead.” Acknowledged a Beast Maker Dragon behind her.

“I know.” She replied, who didn’t seem to be worried at all, “I’m not quite finished yet…” Cyra added as she took her right paw from above Spyro’s body and moved it underneath him for support. She then gazed at his face, bent down towards him and locked her lips onto his into a kiss. With this, a last jolt of energy was sent from Cyra to Spyro and his heart suddenly sprang to life, drumming madly against Cyra’s chest and Spyro then took a sudden deep shuddering breath. Spyro then opened his eyes, and a picture of a blue Dragoness with a beaming smile began to focus with each blink.

“Cyra?” Spyro spoke up, as he stroked her cheek.

“Hey Spyro.” Cyra said, with a huge beaming smile etched across her face, “Welcome back.” She added. As his vision became more focussed, Spyro then noticed the difference in appearance as he noticed that her eyes were much sharper and fuller and that she now bared elegant, crimson-red markings, etched around her eyes, forehead, face and body, which were almost exactly like that illustration of Goddess Cyra he saw a few years back.

“Cyra! Y-your markings! They look just like…” Spyro yelled as he suddenly sat straight up. He then looked down at his stomach and saw that the wound he received had completely vanished; he then looked at Cyra in awe, “No…way…” Spyro said in astonishment, “You…you’re Goddess Cyra!” Spyro added

“Well, I’m not the Goddess Cyra that lived two-thousand years ago, I’m her reincarnation.” Cyra explained

“Wow…” Spyro said in astonishment, he then remembered what happened and who the culprit was…”What about Raku…” Spyro asked grimily

“It’s ok. He’s gone, for good” Cyra replied

“Yeah! You shoulda seen it, Spyro!” Trondo spoke up, “She like totally annihilated him! She like trapped him in ice or something and then did something else and then he totally went KASPLODE and now he’s gone! Awesome!” Trondo cheered. Spyro then looked at Cyra in total astonishment

“Cyra, you are one amazing Dragon, you know that. “ Spyro sighed as he looked into Cyra’s sparkly blue eyes. Cyra then sort of giggled and blushed. Spyro then wrapped his arms around her body and she rested her arms on his shoulders. “I love you” Spyro added

“I love you too” Cyra replied, whilst blushing under her crimson markings. Spyro and Cyra then bent towards each other and they kissed. As they pulled back, the tears then began to build up in Cyra’s eyes as she looked into Spyro’s

“Oh! Spyro…I missed you so much…” Cyra sobbed slightly as she then hugged into Spyro’s body.

“Ok. It’s ok. It’s over now…” Spyro hushed Cyra as he stroked her smooth scales. As they savoured this happy moment of relief, Spyro suddenly felt a slight chill down his spine, as a dark shadow began to accumulate over them. Spyro then looked up and saw a dark figure forming overhead.

“Cyra! Look!” Spyro yelled

“What?” Cyra asked and when she looked when Spyro was looking, she too saw the figure overhead. She then knew what this was.

“Oh no…” Cyra said with a hint of fear, “I can’t believe it! I-it’s Raku!” Cyra added

“Raku? I thought you destroyed him?” Spyro asked

“So did I…” Cyra replied, as she watched the dark mass slowly formed itself into a recognisable humanoid shape. Raku had survived even though he literally exploded. How could he have survived that? Spyro and Cyra wondered as they watched the monstrous figure form overhead. All they knew was that the battle was far from over…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment