Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - The True Lord of Darkness

Spyro meets a powerful young Dragoness, called Cyra, who has a prophecy foretold about her being linked to the Dragon Gods themselves and the evil Raku wants to seduce her and turn her to Darkness to take the universe under his rule...

Chapter 16 - The True Lord of Darkness

Chapter 16 - The True Lord of Darkness
Chapter sixteen: The true Lord of Darkness

Spyro and Cyra watched in horror as the black mass overhead started to slowly form into a recognisable humanoid shape. Even though Raku had literally exploded under Cyra’s attack, he had somehow managed to survive the attack and he was forming right before their very eyes. Spyro and Cyra held onto each other out of pure fear as they watched Raku’s limbs starting to reach the end of their formation and before they knew it, he was back, with his black armour glinting in the sun under with swaying black cloak.

As Raku watched their expressions of sheer horror, he then let out an evil laugh that echoed off the valley walls

“You thought that was the end of me, did you?” Raku laughed, “Has it escaped your mind that I, Raku, the Lord of the Darkness, am immune to such petty attacks as the Dark Essence from the very heart of the demon realm continually pumps through my veins?”

Cyra’s eyes them widened and the then looked away grimly and swore under her breath.

“Eh? What’s that about Dark Essence?” Spyro added

“Raku has this type of energy called Dark Essence, which only creatures from the demon Realm have and is at least ten times stronger than our Chi or Ki energy. This energy also coats each and every cell in Raku’s body, which acts as a natural barrier against even the strongest of Ki or Chi based attacks and also if even one cell is left behind then it a can multiply and multiply until he regains his form once more…” Cyra explained

“But Cyra…how are we gonna even think about killing him if he keeps coming back to life and has this barrier thing?” Spyro asked

“I don’t know…” Cyra said quietly. Spyro looked at the forlorn look on her face and he looked away in disbelief, “Although. There’s one thing I do remember… If I remember rightly, every time he rebuilds his body like that, he uses up his energy …” She added

“Oh. So if we can get Raku to do it enough times then we can weaken his energy barrier…?” Spyro replied

“And Kill him, yes. Well, that’s the theory, anyway. He’s probably a lot smarter than that though…”

“Yeah…it’s better than nothing though.” Spyro replied.

“Hm. Although, an even better alternative would be to reseal him inside the sword of Daiakaryuu…if we even had the sword, that is…” Cyra said

“I suppose it would.” Spyro replied, “Anyway” Spyro said whilst picking up his sword, lying beside a rock. “You ready” Spyro asked while getting into his fighting stance

“Yeah, I’m ready” Cyra replied whilst getting into her fighting stance, “And Spyro, just so you know, the only types of weapons that are effective towards Raku are one’s with magical properties” Cyra added
“Oh…” Spyro said. Spyro then thought for a little bit and had just remembered something. “Hey. Wait. Nestor said that my sword was supposed to be magical.” Spyro remembered

“Your sword?” Cyra replied, “Can I see it?” Cyra asked

“Yeah, sure.” Spyro said as he handed it over. Cyra’s eyes then widened as she looked at the silver blade, glinting in the sun, the red cross-bar, with four transparent, dark purple orbs, a black handle with a golden dragon head with it’s jaw ajar.

“That sword…” Cyra gasped as she ran her paw across the blade, “Where did you get it?” Cyra asked, with a slight hint of awe

“Nestor gave it to me before the battle. Why? Is it special?” Spyro asked

“You don’t know what this is?” Cyra replied, “Spyro…this is the Sword of Daiakaryuu!” Cyra said whilst handing back the sword

“What? You mean this is that sword you and Nestor were on about?” Spyro said in disbelief. Cyra nodded once, “So…that means we can seal him up again” Spyro asked

“Yes but we’ll have to weaken him first…” Cyra replied, “Ok. This is what we’ll do. I’ll start attacking him with some energy attacks to distract him and you can nip behind him while he’s distracted and attack him with your sword to weaken him first. Then when he’s finally weak enough…” Cyra started, but then a dark mass began to accumulate overhead. As Spyro and Cyra looked up, they saw Raku, holding his blade and his staff overhead, with a large ball of dark, foreboding energy developing at the tip of his staff and before they knew it, the ball of energy was soon sent hurtling towards them at high speed. With a split second decision Spyro and Cyra then both managed jump out of they way in the nick of time and as the ball of energy hit the ground, it exploded and left a large, deep hole in the ground between them.

“Jeeze!” Spyro said staring at the large, bottomless pit left by Raku’s attack. “Ok! He means business. I think we should quit chatting and get on with the plan.” Spyro

“Agreed!” Cyra replied, “Ok. You remember what to do?” Cyra asked

“Yeah. Let’s do it.” Spyro answered, reading his sword by his side and Cyra too got into her fighting stance.

As they stood with their heads lowered, watching Raku with his cloak swaying in the wind, revealing his black armour, glinting in the sun, a smirk then appeared on Raku’s rotten face.

“So. You two foolish mortals wish to fight I, Raku, the might Lord of Darkness, do you?” Raku laughed, “Very well! I will make sure that you will both die of a slow and painful death, just like those weaklings, that you call parents that slowly bled under my blade…” Raku ended with an evil guffaw.

“Shut up!” Cyra growled, as she began to get frustrated with Raku’s taunts about her parents. As Raku continued to taunt and joke at Cyra about her parents, her frustration then surfaced even more.

“I SAID SHUT UP!!” Cyra yelled, who then launched a ball of energy at Raku from her right paw, which Raku managed to block with his staff just in time. Following the ball of energy, Cyra then began to rapid-fire lots of other balls of energy. Raku had managed to block a few with his staff and cancel out others with his own energy but a few managed to get through Raku’s defences. With Raku covered in gashes and burns from the energy that managed to hit Raku, Cyra then ceased firing, paused and then fired an exceptionally large ball of energy. Caught unawares, Raku could do nothing but try and block it with his staff. As Raku tried to block the energy with his staff, he managed to hold some of the energy back but most of it got through his block and he the felt the burning, hot energy as it hit his skin. This was Spyro’s cue. Seeing how Raku was damaged slightly and began to rejuvenate his damaged cells, Spyro then began to run towards him. When Spyro was more or less underneath Raku, he then leaped up and used his wing to bring himself higher until he was at Raku’s height. Then with his sword poised high above his head, Spyro then swung his sword towards Raku but things quite didn’t go to plan as Raku suddenly turned around and managed to block Spyro’s sword strike with his own. As he watched the smirk appear on his rotten face, Spyro then remembered his parents and his mentor, Gavin and what Raku and his army did to them. As Spyro thought about his parents and Gavin, then familiar feelings of anger, fury and determination began to flow into his body again, refuelling the desire to rid the world of Raku once and for all at all costs. Filled with these emotions once more, Spyro then swiped his sword out of Raku’s block and swung it Raku again but Raku had managed to dodge. Raku then swung this word at Spyro, which Spyro managed to block with an overhead sword block.

As she watched Spyro beating his wings to stay in the air and unleash a flurry or sword strikes and blocks, Cyra then used her time wisely and raised herself onto her hind legs. Cyra then brought her paws to her side and a small ball of bright red energy began to develop in her paws. As the Spyro and Raku continued to fight, Cyra’s ball of energy continued to grow. A few minutes in and Cyra’s ball of energy was now a large, bright, solid looking sphere. As Spyro’s sword struck Raku’s sword, a glint of red light then caught his eye. As he looked properly, he saw Cyra standing with what looked like a massive, powerful, bright red, ball of energy. A voice then sounded in his head,

“Spyro, I need you to make it look as though you’ve fallen from one of Raku’s attacks so I can get a clear shot at him with the attack I’ve prepared.” Said the voice. Spyro then, realising that this was Cyra using some sort of telepathy, did what he was asked and as Raku swung his sword at Spyro, he then let his body plummet to the ground below. As Spyro’s body fell onto the ground, hard on his back, he cringed as he felt two of his ribs snap under the impact. Raku then laughed mercilessly as Spyro lay motionlessly on the ground.

“You think you can kill me, Dragon?” Raku teased, “You are going to die again by my own hands!” Raku laughed

“Heh! You’re the one who’s dead this time!” Spyro yelled, with a weak laugh, “Eh, Cyra?” Spyro yelled across to Cyra who was busy building

“What!?” Raku said and as Raku looked around he saw Cyra standing with a very large ball of bright red energy, she then grinned.

“Yup! You’re dead all right!” Cyra yelled, “LET’S SEE YOU TAKE THIS ONE…GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Cyra screamed as she thrust her forelegs forwards and let a massive, beam of energy travel at a very high speed towards Raku.

“Aaaahh…” Raku said in fear as this enormous beam of energy hurtling towards him. “NOOOOOOOOO…AAAAAAH!” Raku yelled as the energy finally reached and completely engulfed Raku. Satisfied with the result, Cyra then stopped putting energy into the beam and let it disintegrate. As the dust settled, it was revealed that the area Raku was floating was now just empty space. She smiled. Cyra then fell back onto four legs and walked over to Spyro.

“Hey Spyro” Cyra said, grinning

“Hey…” Spyro replied, “Aaaah…” Spyro winced as he held his sides in pain

“Here. Let me see that…” Cyra said as she placed her paw on Spyro chest. Spyro then felt the soothing warmth of her energy flow into his body and in an instant; he felt the pain from the impact lift as though it never happened. Spyro then, feeling renewed, sprang to his feet.

“Thanks!” Spyro said, Spyro looked around and found his sword lying a few yards from where he landed and put it in his sheathe. “So, do you think that’s Raku, pretty much dead?” Spyro asked, “He should be after that! I mean you just like totally blew him to bits! I’m never getting on your bad side that’s for sure!” Spyro laughed

“I’m not sure…” Cyra replied with a slight chuckle, “I’m hoping that the attack was powerful enough but it’s more that likely that he’ll come back…” Cyra added

“Hm…hey Cyra, He’s rejuvenated quite a lot now. Do you think I can try and reseal him in my sword yet?” Spyro asked

“No…I wouldn’t try that just yet…” Cyra replied, “He’ll still have way too much energy for that if he rejuvenates again…”

“Oh. But Cyra, how are you gonna keep this up?” Spyro asked, “I mean you must’ve used up a heck of a lot of energy all ready.” Spyro acknowledged

“Oh. Don’t worry about me. There’s plenty more to come yet.” Cyra answered, and it was then that the sky began to darken once more. “Yep…he’s still alive…” Cyra sighed. She then reluctantly looked up and watched the dark mass in the sky; slowly reform into a familiar, humanoid figure like before and before they knew it, Raku had once again regained his form and laughed in an evil laughed that shook the area.

“Let’s face it!” Raku boomed, “You cannot kill me! But I have to hand it to, I didn’t think I’d have to show my true form…” yelled

“Huh? True form?” Spyro said, “What does he mean, Cyra?” Spyro asked

“I don’t know, I’ve never known Raku to have another form and I don’t like the sound of it…” Cyra answered

“Me neither…” Spyro replied

It was then that Raku began to descend to the ground. As soon as Raku landed on the ground, he began to tense up and an evil, black aura began to wrap itself around Raku’s body.

“You should be honoured!” Raku yelled, “Only the most worthy of opponents has ever seen this form!”

Then as the aura began to intensify, a surge of dark energy suddenly erupted from his body

“RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…!!!!” Raku yelled as the energy rushed violently over his body. As the black energy thickened and blocked Raku from view and became nothing but a Dark mass, the energy them began to accumulate in size. As the dark mass began to get bigger and bigger, until it towered over Spyro, Cyra and the survivors of the army, who were watching in horror, the Dark Mass then began to form into a shape.

“H-his…energy…” Cyra gasped in horror “I-it’s…maddening…!”

The mass began to form what looked like limbs, which were slowly. It was then when Raku’s formation was complete that his true nature was unleashed. When Raku had completed his transformation, his true form was finally revealed as, now, a enormous, evil looking, pure black, terrifying-looking Dragon with many ugly scars etched on his dirty, roughly spiked scale, evil-looking eyes, with piercing slits for pupils and large black wings with many ugly tears along the membrane of filthy leather. Raku then with his form complete, then let out a deep, loud roar that shook the Earth underfoot.

Cyra watched in horror as the nightmare unfolded before her very eyes. This was Raku’s true form!? This means that what the goddess and Gods of Alafrenor possibly haven’t even seen half of Raku’s full power! What was she going to do!?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment