Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Strangers

um okay at first this may not look as if it is in the right category but it is trust me on this. okay Please trust me.
everything is totally fiction. not real I made it up. Duh... except for Shelby and Julia.
I bet u thought i forgot u :)
lol

Chapter 1 - Strangers

Chapter 1 - Strangers
“call today and you get 50% off your Carrie Underwood tickets, trust me dave, you don’t wanna miss this, she’s going live in Puyallup with her latest hit-..”
I could hear my alarm clock, I knew I was awake, I just didn’t FEEL awake, I opened my eyes, my clock read 6:00 A.M I didn’t have to get up this early, I reminded myself, as I drifted once again to sleep, then suddenly awoke again, forty five minutes later, as I said before I’m home-schooled, so I start my work on my own schedule. but I enjoy getting up earlier, for more free time before my brother needs it the rest of the day to do HIS schoolwork.
I got up and headed to the front bathroom to get dressed , I hated it when I did this, wake up at six then go back to sleep until six forty-five five, but most of the time, thats just what I did. As I shut the bathroom door behind me I heard mom in the living room
“Ann, are you gonna exercise with me today?”
I started a while back, a few months but lately I haven’t been doing it nearly as much as I should be, and As much as I wish this was a lie. My slight all-American chubbiness shows it. Anyhow this morning I decided it was too late and just headed out to feed Dillion, I grabbed my coat and called my dog Louie, and headed down the steps. I ran to the barn and unlatched the door (trust me, its necessary we have a horse who is
WAY smarter then he should be he’s found a way past two latches before this one)
as I was saying I grabbed a slab of Alfalfa, and headed down the regular path to Dillion’s stall this is my ordinary routine. but lets fast-forward it, past me on the computer (not exiting at all!) and all the way until about three when I’m finishing up my schoolwork.
Trust me ‘before’ and ‘while’ aren’t worth writing.
I piled up my books and carried them to the bookshelf where i stuffed them in my red crate
yes I keep my schoolwork in a red crate you got a problem with that?
I slumped down on the couch wondering what I should do next, I could draw. I thought for a minute but nothing interesting crossed my mid (you know us artists we have to get an idea for a picture or it wont turn out good) I considered trying to another fan-fiction. but I realized I felt like doing something active, let me explain something. In most places you think
Winter=snow
Spring=warm rain
Summer=heat, extreme heat
fall=cold/chilly days
not here, here its more like
spring=rain/more rain slight chilliness
summer=more rain, insane thunderstorms
fall= cold days, more rain.
Winter= a LOT of rain, I mean BUCKETS of rain! freezing conditions. and once in a blue moon if we’re lucky snow.
the point is, it had ben cold and rainy the past few months. so nobody really had been outside much. Mom had gone outside today thought to cut some branches off that old fig tree. I thought maybe I should go help so I went outside to the garden. “mom I called “d' you want me to help?” mom was sawing the branches off the tree
“sure” she called
I ran to go help as I put my hand on the saw I heard the front door open it must be Claire come to help. so I sawed back and forth with effort. I wouldn’t have much time to saw if Claire joined, She’s my little sister. and of course I love her and we get along and Peanut butter and jelly.
okay... that was a stupid saying. we get along really well though, she’s my friend more then my sister. except when she tries to copy what I do. I don’t like it. Okay i hate it but thats the only thing i hate! Anyhow. “hey!” Claire shouted at mom “can I help when she’s done?” mom nodded and Claire stood behind me while I sawed vigorously at the branch, then I heard something. a crunch of wheels on gravel. a car was pulling in our driveway. that was weird. It was several hours too early for dad to be home and mom hadn’t any thing off the web that I knew about. Maybe it was the mail lady. I stopped sawing and turned around it was a big gold car that was even weirder. maybe someone had got the wrong address this had never happened before, me, mom and my sister ran the gravel road and down to the garage , They had parked by. The door slid open. Two men stepped out. One was dressed in designer tee shirt with a black leather jacket and gray leather pants in a paper boy hat (one of those funny looking gray poofy hats. with the button on top)
that collided with his black wavy hair, and brown skin.
his partner wore a simple brown suit. and had sunny blond hair. Several emotions passed through me at once. fear, anxiety curiosity, alarm excitement and disbelief, who were these people? What if they were here to take away our house for lack of payment or something!?
Had we done something wrong? Had Bush made another ridiculous law like “no more then three cats allowed inside a citizens home” ?
Now is the time to confess as outgoing as I am, Strangers scare me. Particularly strange men.
I know its stupid but anyway the man in the leather jacket said to mom. “Hello.... I am.. uh.. Bob and this is my agent Rober-”
the other man nudged bob sharply in the ribs
“ahem I mean....Otto... we have a proposal for you.”
mom folded her arms
“a proposal?” she replied looking skeptical
“yes.. you see... we... uh... heard you’re oldest daughter’s singing.. um.. on the internet! and... um.... know.. those um.. videos you post up that you sing on?:
I stared blankly at him with my mouth slightly agape.. what was he saying!? I do use use the internet but I didn’t
ever post anything with me talking. I hate the way I sound on there the last thing I’m going to do is post myself SINGING on there.. besides.. it wasn’t like I had posted my location and home address there.
I’m not stupid
Bob must have thought me and my family staring at him like he was a nut job was a good sign because he continued “and we wanted to take you too.. be really.. famous! that is.. own a record! yeah.... “ Otto and Bob smiled enthusiastically at me nodding their heads, I only stared blankly at him before saying “uh what do you... what are you talking about!? I mean... I don;t not on the internet..... and when I do sing I sound like a lama with the hiccups..” the mens;t smiles faded and they looked at each other. Otto spoke up “er well.. my bad lets go Bob!” he pulled Bob with him as he hurried back to the car, quickly pulled the vehicle in reverse, pulled out of the driveway, and drove away.
when me mom and my sister finally stopped staring at the driveway where the men had left and returned to the garden I said “okay that was the weirdest thing that has EVER happened in my life”
I was wrong though.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment