Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Skills and the Skilled

um okay at first this may not look as if it is in the right category but it is trust me on this. okay Please trust me.
everything is totally fiction. not real I made it up. Duh... except for Shelby and Julia.
I bet u thought i forgot u :)
lol

Chapter 5 - Skills and the Skilled

Chapter 5 - Skills and the Skilled
The next morning at eight’o’clock Theodore was there, banging on the door, and demanding us to come outside with him. So out we trouped.
Like a minute army taking orders from the general. As we followed him outside into the grassy landscape, he made it clear that I didn’t have to come,actually, he made it clear that if I came I would in fact be a hinderance, but I wanted to see what he was about to show the others. Besides what was I supposed to do sit in the cabin all day? So on we trouped, we followed the dirt path through the forest, rays of sunlight escaping through the leaves reflecting light on the pathway ahead, the sunrise back at home was a beautiful sight but I thought the sunrise here,was also quite pretty.
When we got to the square I counted fifteen people waiting for us, well, them.
“These are your fellow combatants from Flower Bud, this is the riding team, this is Gwen-” he pointed to the blonde, red eyed girl in the jean skirt that everyone knew well to be the competitive horse trainer, and rider, (who for some reason never actually competed in the horse festival) “Bob-” He gestured to the huge man who towered over his teammates like an elephant next to a mouse, with black hair that looked as if it had been modeled in the shape of a two-story building, and tiny black eyes. He looked as if he would crush the horse he sat on contrary to riding it,
“And Blue-” Blue was a short man with blue eyes, wearing the symbolic hat everyone knew so well. He reminded me of a hawk, the way he stared at each of us like prey. Or was that just the way he looked at everybody?
Gwen nodded “so these are the artists?” she said looking at us as if to say we weren’t good enough.
“Yes” said Theodore “I believe they will do a great job.”
“Mhm” she mumbled skeptically after that we were introduced to the fishing team composed of; Ray a young man with a brown ponytail who carried around a fishing pole all the time, Joe, a boyish looking guy with brown hair, and Maria, a blue-haired boring looking librarian (who I guessed was probably coaxed there because they didn’t have anybody else)
the farming team; Sandra (a girl in a red vest with red-brown pigtails who smiled a lot) Nina (a pink haired girl) and Ellen, girl with mouse brown hair and a gray dress.
The Bad-mitten team had; Dan, or should I say “Robert”, Louis, a black haired scientists who reminded me of Harry Potter, and Gina, a girl with gray-blue hair in pigtails, (don’t people surprise you sometimes?). Theodore went to the center of the square and stood on a box “Competitors of Flower Bud village” he began dressing all the villagers who were competing in the competition “You are all here for the annual Harvest Moon Contest!” Everyone cheered and whooped
“That has GOT to be where they got the name from” Shelby whispered, I agreed,
“Here is how this Tournament will take place, first, the combating teams from the rivaling towns of Forget me not Valley, and Mineral Town, will each pit their players against ours... in a time period of three weeks-”
“He talks to much” all of us turned to look at Jake, this was his second sentence since we had all arrived to the village from what I new.
“All he can do is talk ... mostly about himself” Jake finished, folding his arms, he looked defiantly at us, as if daring us to tell him not to talk. “Thats true” Julia said to him and nodded encouragingly
“-and by the end of these contests there shall be a one on one contest and the winner shall take home the Harvest Moon Tournament Trophy!”
Everyone in the square burst into elated applause, and quite a few villagers cheered and whooped as everybody stood up and clapped. Theodore’s pudgy face beamed with satisfaction as he bowed and murmured his appreciation of his supportive people, I suppose he thought they were cheering for his speech not the tournament. Because he continued on about how it had been a privilege to stand up and make his enthralling speech.
When he finally got down off his pedestal there was instantly exited chatter filling the square
As we walked through the crowd (Me Shelby, Julia and Jake) we heard voices filling the square with words like this.
“I’m gonna kick some mineral town butt!!”
“I hope there’s more of a challenge this year..”
“Don’t sweat it. I hear these people from forget-me-not Valley suck at fishing!”
Then the mayor suddenly turned around and scuttled back to his box
“Oh yes one more thing. Your attention please”
Everyone sighed and turned to meet Theodore’s wavering gaze ”yes, thank you, ahem, the Tournament begins tomorrow” I thought he was going to announce our presence in the village, I definitely preferred hearing when the Tournament was though.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kaikaru on November 23, 2008, 3:54:32 AM

kaikaru on
kaikaruLOL! I love your descriptions of the people. xD Especially Bob's. X3 lol.

QueenofRed on November 24, 2008, 1:09:56 AM

QueenofRed on
QueenofRedrlly? thanks
yah well.. u know.. Bobs hair is kinda modeled in the shape of a two story building XD