Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - New Lives

Mario must leave his quiet retirement and search for a spirit that will change the lives of everyone on Isle Delfino if not brought back. Meanwhile, Peach faces the consequences of the missing spirit as it affects everyone on the island that she and Mario

Chapter 1 - New Lives

Chapter 1 - New Lives






Alright, Ive been working of the fic for a while and Ive finally finished up the prologue. I dont own Nintendo or most of the characters, but several of the characters are of my own creation. This is a Mario meets Pirates of the Caribbean type story, and I hope you like it; this is just the prologue, so dont think the story wont get better. Enjoy!











P.S. If you like action and dont like reading boring but well-written stuff, please skip the prologue and go right on to chapter 1. Ive noticed a lot of people stop reading this story after the prologue, and I dont want people thinking that the whole story will be like this.

















Prologue: New Lives
























Mario was abruptly awakened by a large clap of thunder outside his bedroom window. Slightly startled, he jumped out of his bed quickly, grabbed his red hat off of his dark oak dresser, and began sprinting out of the room.











Oh gosh, what time is it? He thought to himself while he ran. The last thing he could remember, Mario had decided to take a quick nap before going to meet with his brother, Luigi. He had no idea how much time had gone by since then. After turning a corner to the staircase, Mario felt a blow to his stomach as he collided with someone who was running faster down the hallway than himself











Master Mario! Toad yelled, rubbing his forehead and wiping off his knees, I was just running to your room to get you. Youre gonna be late to your meeting with Luigi!











Mario, also recovering from the collision, breathed a sigh of relief. Oh good, I thought I had overslept. That thunder woke me up, though. Since when does it rain around here?











Peach was just saying the same-











Before Toad could finish his sentence, his sister, Toadette, swerved around the corner and collided with Toad, causing them both to fall over in front of Mario.











Oh, hello Mario, said Toadette, getting up and wiping off her clothes, I was just coming up to get you. Toadsworth thought Toad might have been distracted.











What! Why does he think Im incapable of doing anything?











Doesnt matter, replied Mario, I was already awake, Toadette, but thanks for the effort. I can see you were running pretty fast. As were you, Toad. Ill be sure to tell Toadsworth to have a little more faith in you. Now if you dont mind, get out of my way so I can go!











Mario ran down the flight of stairs and into the kitchen. They were still moving into their new home on Isle Delfino, and it seemed that he and the toads never had any time to finish unpacking. He was about to walk out the front door when the high-pitched voice of his wife, Peach, sounded behind him.











Mario, wait Mario!











Not now, Peach, Mario thought to himself. Hey, Peach. Im kind of late and Ive got to get out of here. So-











I know Mario, Peach retorted. I just wanted to show you this. She showed him the envelope in her hand and opened the card it contained. Its an invitation to The Espiritu Festival, she explained. Its like a peace celebration between the Piantas and Noki. I guess its a really big deal around here, so were going. Got it? Nine oclock tomorrow morning.











Mario could think of many things he would rather be doing at that time, sleeping topping the list, but ever since they had moved to the island, Peach wanted to be involved in everything that went on. Mario suspected she was becoming somewhat bored because she no longer had her duties as Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, but had never talked to her about it. Sure, Id love to go, he told her. But Im already late for Luigi, so bye!











Without waiting for a reply, Mario walked out of the door and jogged through the grounds of Toadstool Manor, a fabulous mansion that overlooked Ricco Harbor, Isle Delfinos major port city. Within ten minutes, Mario was in front of Sporco Bar, a restaurant popular among fisherman and sailors; it wasnt a place that Mario would usually go, but Luigi insisted on meeting him here. Ever since Luigi met Flavio, the greedy pirate Mario encountered back in Rogueport, Mario rarely ever saw his brother. Whether they were climbing mountains or sailing the high seas, Luigi and Flavio rarely ever stopped by to visit. Mario was very excited when he received a letter from Luigi a week ago saying he was coming to Isle Delfino, and was now disappointed with himself for being late.











Mario walked through the ancient door, and stared in disgust at the grimy, dusty bar that he had just entered. Great location, Luigi, Mario thought as he walked up to the bartender, who Mario thought was an absolute joke. He was missing one of every pair of body parts visible to Mario. With one eye, one arm, one leg, and one ear, Mario wondered what this guy had gone through to obtain these injuries. Um&hello Mario said to the bartender. I was wondering if you could tell me if a guy named Luigi is here somewhere. Im supposed to be meeting him.











The bartender shook his head, but pointed up and nodded. Mario thought this man was very strange, but understood him nonetheless. He thanked him and ran up the stairs, finding that the second floor was just as pleasant and clean as the first. It didnt take him long to find the table where Luigi and Flavio resided; they were laughing hysterically at some joke Mario had just missed, but Luigi smiled as he saw his brother walking towards him.











Mario, there you are! Luigi exclaimed happily, We thought you werent going to show!











You think I would miss this? I havent seen you or Flavio in months! Mario sat on a dingy stool next to Luigi and shook hands with Flavio. He couldnt say that he disliked Flavio, but their last terrifying adventure in Rogueport caused Mario to think he was somewhat crazy and cared too much about gold and too little about others. Mario was somewhat surprised when Luigi became friends with Flavio while still in Rogueport, but was happy nonetheless that Luigi had found someone who enjoyed traveling the world as much as he did.











Well, we have loads to tell you! Luigi announced. And Luigi dived into stories about crazy adventures involving near-death situations, perilous mountain climbing expeditions and a bad experience with a gang of shy-guys. Mario sat there, listening to Luigi rambling on for hours; he was so glad to see that his brother was happy at last.











&and it hurt a lot, but the doctors were able to reattach all of the fingers successfully, Luigi explained. But enough about Flavio and I, what have you been up to, Mario? Is Peach alright?











Yeah, were all still settling in, Mario answered. You know, were still putting in all if the furniture, and Peach and I are talking about getting a pool-











Flavio burst out laughing, spitting beer all over Luigis overalls and interrupting Marios news. Mario, you cant be serious! Flavio shouted, causing several nearby tables to stare at him strangely. After all Luigi has told me about you and all of your adventures together, youre telling me that your biggest adventure nowadays is picking out a pool?











Mario stared at him for a couple of seconds, thinking of how he could respond to this. He finally just told Flavio that he had a new life now. Im married, Flavio. cant just run around without a care in the world anymore. I have responsibilities.











Flavio smirked and stared at Luigi. Do you believe this? he asked Luigi, Are you telling me that you dont even think about youre old life? He questioned, now looking at Mario. Mario thought about it for a minute, knowing himself what the real answer was.











The old life? I think about it from time to time, but those days are over for me. I have Peach, and thats all Ill ever need. You two might still like running around, but Ive grown up and-











Hey! Luigi interrupted.











Sorry, thats not what I meant to say. I just have a new life and cant do the things I used to anymore. Is that good enough for you, Flavio?











Flavio smiled and took another gulp of beer; it was clear that he had already had way too much. Thats&Thats just&Fantastic! He held his glass high in the air before tilting back in his chair, falling over, and not getting back up. Mario found this slightly amusing, but Luigi shook his head disapprovingly.











If you can believe it, this isnt the first time this has happened, Luigi told him. If theres one thing that I dont like about Flavio, its the drinking. He sat back in his chair and he and Mario began talking once again, this time without the annoying interruptions of Flavio. So, you and Peach are happy here? I bet its weird now that she isnt ruling a kingdom anymore.











Well, we have a lot more free time now that we both arent so busy, but yeah, we are happy. We still have Toadsworth, Toad, and Toadette with us at least. But everyone in the house misses seeing you all the time. Mario could see that Luigi was having fun with his new life, but Mario thought that he might be forgetting about the people that cared for him the most. Just then, Mario had an idea. Hey, theres this festival going on here tomorrow; why dont you and Flavio come along? It would be great for everyone to see you.











Luigi smiled, but that smile quickly vanished, and he looked at Mario with a cheerless face. I really would like to go, Mario, Luigi said apologetically, But Flavio said he wanted to leave pretty early tomorrow morning. Im really sorry&











Mario was disappointed, but smiled and waved his hand in front of him as if he was shooing Luigi away. Go, its alright. I just didnt think you would be leaving so soon. Luigi smiled, still looking like he really would go if he had the chance. Itll probably be a real bore, anyway, Mario added.











I wish I could see everybody, though, Luigi sighed. He looked up at the clock and then stared at Flavio still body. Well, I think we better get back to the ship. Its getting pretty late. Luigi stood up, picked up Flavio, and said his goodbyes with Mario. Im sure it wont be long before Im back on the island.











Bye, Luigi. Make sure to write whenever you get the chance.











Well be seeing each other really soon, Mario. I know it. And with that, Luigi walked away, and Mario couldnt help but remember that Luigi was never a man of his word.



































Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment