Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - 1

This a fanfic about Organization XIII that mainly centers around Roxas. It is not finished yet.

Chapter 1 - 1

Chapter 1 - 1

                                                        The Third Key
                                                A Kingdom Hearts Fanfic
                                                
Prolouge
        "I'll get her heart back! And i'll do it with this!" says a young boy as he stabs a large, key like weapon into the region of his heart. As he does, light emerges through and a heart floats from the young boy to a young girl lying on the floor. As the heart reaches the young girl, even more light begins to engulf the room. When the girl awakens, she looks for the young boy, the boy that has been searching for her. Sadly, the boy was nowhere to be seen. She is then escorted out of the room by the boys friends. When she reaches the main room of the strange castle she had been trapped in, she sees a small shadow with bright yellow eyes. The boys companions try to attack it, but the girl stops them. She then walks up to this shadow and hugs it, and in a flash of brilliant light, the boy reappears.
        "Kairi! Your alright! I'm so relieved!" says the boy to Kairi.
        "Oh Sora, i'm so glad to see you again!" states Kairi in joy.

When a heart is lost, it becomes what is known as a Heartless, beings without hearts. Many have wondered how the Heartless were created, but few have found out. But what happens to the body after the heart has left it. Does it fate from existance. No, it becomes another type of being, a Nobody. When young Sora became a Heartless for that breif time, he had still lost his heart, resulting in the creation of a Nobody. This Nobody, is a young boy named Roxas.

Chapter 1
        "Darkness, all i ever see is the darkness. There has to be some light out there, just waiting for me to find it." says Roxas as he awakens from his slumber. Everyday is the same thing for Roxas. He wakes up, dons his pitch black cloak, and heads to his seat in the meeting hall. He is a member of a group of thirteen Nobodies known as Organization XIII. Since he is the most recent member, he is member XIII, The Key of Destiny. As he climbs his chair, a voice speaks.
        "Is everyone here and accounted for?" says number VI in the Organization, Zexion, the Cloaked Schemer. As he asks this question as he always does, the other members reply with an unenthusiastic yes. This is how it has been ever since Organization XIII came into its full exsitence, ever since Roxas joined.
        "So Roxas, how's it going for ya today?" asks number XII in the Organization, Larxene, the Savage Nymph. "Grab any good hearts lately?" she asked in a very cruel and angry manner, like she always does.
        "No, not recently." replied Roxas in his usual tone, one of boredom.
        "Settle down group, its time to start the meeting." says a very powerful voice. That was Number I in the Organization, Xemnas, the Superior. "It is now time to discuss our newest structure, Castle Oblivion." he starts as he seats himself in his chair. "Our first order is to send some of us into the castle to watch over it."
        "I would be honored if i was send to watch over Castle Oblivion!" exclaims the Organizations number 4, Vexen, the Chilly Acedemic. "It would be a wonderful place for me to run some experimernts." he states as Xemnas begins to ponder.
        "Alright, Vexen will be send to Castle Oblivion. Any other volenteers?" asks the Superior.
        "I will go." says the Organizations number 5, Lexeaus, the Silent Hero, in a docile tone.
        "You always get right to the point don't ya Lexeaus?" says the Organizations number 2, Xigbar, The Freeshooter, in the tone a teenager may use to speak to one of his friends.
        "Hmph." grunts Lexeaus
        "Anyone else?" asks Xemnas again. Silence. "It seems i must now pick some more of you to reside in Castle Oblivion. Lets see, i shall make Marluxia the lord of the castle." he exclaims.
        "Why, this is such an honor sir." says the Organizations number XI, Marluxia, the Graceful Assasain. "I will fulfil my duities, whatever they may be." he says.
        "Very good Marluxia. Now, i will make Larxene your second in command." states Xemnas as he looks at them. Larxene remains silent. "And then i am going to send Zexion and Axel to watch over you two." states Xemnas.
        "Alright, you made the right choice Xemnas!" yells the Organizations number VIII, Axel, The Flurry of Dancing Flames. "I won't let you down!"
        "I would hope not Axel." says Xemnas to himself. "As for the rest of you, you will stay here and wait for further assignments." exclaims Xemnas. "That is all for today, dismised." he says as he begins to exit the room.

Chapter 2

        With the meeting adjourned, the members of Organization XIII began to file out of the blindingly white meeting room they were in. As Roxas got down from his seat and reached the doorway, Axel grabbed him and they began to walk.
        "So you have to go to Castle Oblivion?" asked Roxas sadly.
        "Yeah, i'm afraid so, I don't think Xemnas would take too kindly to me not going. He says he needed someone strong and cunning to watch over Marluxia and Larxene." Axel began to rant.
        "So he saw you as the best candidate for that job?" asked Roxas.
        "Guess so. He asked me to do this before the meeting started." Axel continued.
        "So why did he pick Zexion to go? He has never fought before." Roxas asked, confused.
        "I guess because he needed someone smart and loyal. Don't get me wrong, Vexen is much smarter, but theres just something about Zexion that Xemnas seems to like, something he wouldn't tell any of us." says Axel
        "I wonder what it could be that makes Zexion so special?" Roxas wondered to himself as they reached the Twilight's View.
        "Ah Roxas, isn't it a wonderful view? To think one day, that moon in the sky, Kingdom Hearts, will be ours, and when that day comes, we will all be complete." says Axel in amazement. Suddenly, a stern voice interupts Roxas and Axel.
        "Axel, it's time for you to depart." says the voice.
        "Ah, Saix, why now huh? I was just enjoying the view." says Axel with slight anger in his voice.
        "Do you dare defy Lord Xemnas' wishes?" asks the Organizations number VII, Saix, the Luna Diviner.
        "Why, i would nver defy Xemnas!" exclaims Axel as he walks past Saix. "Hey Roxas, you take care while i'm gone!" says Axel as he opens a path of darkness.
        "Don't worry Axel, i'll be fine." Roxas says to himself as he begins to decend the castle, making his way towards the city.
        "Roxas, you have only 2 hours before you must be back here, understand?" grunts Saix.
        "Yeah yeah, i know, i'll be back in time." says Roxas as he walks away.
As Roxas approached the Crooked Ascencion, he began to think.
        "I wonder if Axel will be alright? Will he be able to control Marluxia and Larxene? They always seemed...different from the rest of us, i wonder why? Ah why am i worrying, Axel will be just fine. He's a skilled fighter." Roxas says to himself as the elevator stops at the doorway to the Nothing's Call. It was only a short walk to the city from here.

Chapter 3

        Once in the city, Roxas made his way towards the steps of the Memory Skyscraper, the largest structure around other than the castle. Roxas sat down, leaving a space for where Axel would sit, hoping he might come unexpectingly. Sadly, he sat alone for at least an hour, just thinking about his life as a Nobody, a being with out a heart. Would the dream of the Organization be realized? Would they successfully claim Kingdom Hearts and become whole beings? All of this was on Roxas' mind as he began to head back towards the castle, Organization XIII's stonghold, their haven, their home. As he got back to the Proof Of Existance room, where the doorways to each invidual members rooms was, he was stopped once again by Saix.
        "Xemnas wishes to see you Roxas." says Saix, coldly
        "I wonder why? He probably just wants to send me out to collect more hearts, as usual." Roxas mutters to himself as he walks towards Xemnas' doorway. As he entered, he saw Xemnas on his throne, as usual.
        "Ah Roxas, so glad you could join me, please, have a seat." Xemnas says as a seat rises from the ground behind Roxas.
        "What is it that i can do for you this time, my lord?" Roxas asks in his usual bored tone.
        "I want you to investigate a certain world for us. It's said to hold many secrets the Organization could use." explains Xemnas.
        "Alright, i'll go. So what world is it this time?" asks Roxas
        "The world is called Radian.......I mean Hollow Bastion. Within the castle is a computer that is said to hold many secrets to the heart and of coarse, Kingdom Hearts. Your mission is to retrieve as much of this data as possible" explains Xemnas as he tosses a CD to Roxas. "You will leave immediatly, we have no time to waste. I would like to send the retrieved data to Vexen so he can run some tests on it and analyis it throughly."
        "Alright sir, i'll get on it right now!" exclaims Roxas as he opens a portal of darkness and makes his way to Hollow Bastion.

Chapter 4

        "Darkness, why did it have to be darkness that we use to travel." Roxas asks himself as he heads towards Hollow Bastion. "Well, the sooner i get back, the sooner i can rest. Just have to get as much data from that computer as i can." he says as he pulls up his hood. When he arrived, what he saw was not what he expected. He thought that it would be a great castle, like Xemnas described it to be when he went there. Instead, it was in shambles. Parts of the castle were missing, towers were falling apart and the place looked like utter chaos. Still, Roxas continued on his journey to find his destination. As he began to walk though what looked to be a bailey, he heard someone shout something.
        "You there! Who are you?!" the man asked as Roxas turned to face him. He was dressed in all leather, belts going up his arms and he wielded a strange weapon, a combanaition of a gun and sword.
        "I'll tell you who i am as soon as you tell me." Roxas said as he began to grin.
        "My name is Squ.....I mean Leon, i'm part of the Hollow Bastion Restoration Commitee and you are in an authorized zone. This place is off limits to civilians.
        "Hehe, i'm not your average guy, i hope you know." chuckles Roxas as he draws his weapon, preparing to fight. As if it were magic, two key like weapons appered in Roxas' hands. One was white and pure, the other black and tainted.
        "Keyblades!?!" exclaims Leon in confusion. "So that must mean that your.......Sora!!"
        "Wrong! I'm the Keyblade master,Roxas!" Roxas shouts as he lunges towards Leon, both Keyblades in attacking postition.
        "Agh!!" grunts Leon as he barely parries Roxas' furious attacks. "How can you wield the Keyblade, and let alone two!" shouts Leon as he tries to fight back, but to no avail. Finally, Roxas lays a nearly fatal blow just below Leon's rib cage.
        "AHHHHH!!!!" screams Leon in pain as he falls to the ground, grasping the area where he was struck.
        "Hehe, that should take care of you." snickers Roxas as he walks away, drawing ever closer to his goal. After walking for about 30 minutes, he finally reached a strange doorway to the inner castle. "This must be the entrance, now i just need to track down the computer." says Roxas as he proceeds into the dimly lit corridors. Roxas began to wander the corridors, but they seemed to keep sending him back to where he came in. Finally, he found a break in the form of a carpeted hallway with a large door at the end of it. Roxas proceeded to open the door, and when he pryed it open, he say a room full of scattered papers, ripped walls, and what looked to be experimental notes everywhere. But there was one thing that stood out to Roxas. It was a portrait of a young man with tan skin and long silver hair.
        "It can't be...can it?" Roxas wondered. "Could that be Xemnas? But why would there be a portrait of him in a place he has only been to once? Oh well, i'll just ignore that fact." Roxas said as he took off his hood and approached another area of the room. This time, he was on a set of bridges, over looking huge machines. When he looked straight again, he stumbled across what he was looking for, the computer with the secrets of Kingdom Hearts within it. Roxas slipped the disc into the disc drive and began the download. Eventually, the disc ran out of memory and ejected itself. Lucky for Roxas, that disc had just enough room to get all of the data the Organization needed to claim Kingdom Hearts, and with that, he returned to his world.

Chapter 5

        As Roxas returned to his own world, he began to wonder what it was the Xemnas was planning. The thought of one small disc containing all the data pertaining to Kingdom Hearts was mind numbing. The more he thought about it, the more he began to question the motives of Xemnas.
        "Ah, nice job Roxas, i knew i could count on you to complete this mission." Xemnas said as Roxas approached him, disc in hand. "I will send this to Vexen immediatly for analisis." he said as he opened a pathway to darkness.
        "Wait, can i come with you?!" Roxas asked with great haste.
        "No, we need you here in case there are any mishaps or intruders. Do i make myself clear?" Xemnas said strictly.
        "Yes sir, i understand." Roxas said as he walked away. "Tell Axel i said hello for me please."
        "I can do that for you." Xemnas said as he walked through the door and disappered. Roxas walked out of Xemnas' chamber and wondered if Xemnas would really talk to Axel for him. Just as Roxas began to lie down, a voice rang down through the castle.
        "Attention, we have a "visitor" at the front of the castle, all avalible members of the Organization please report to the front." said the voice.
        "Ugh, why now!!" screams Roxas as he leaves his room and heads to the base of the castle. As he walks, someone calls out his name.
        "Roxas, why don't we head down there together?" said the Organizations number III, Xaldin, the Whirlwind Lancer.
        "Sure, why not." replies Roxas as he and Xaldin enter the Hall of Empty Melodies. After making their way to the Crooked Ascension, they began to converse.
        "So, i heard Xemnas sent you on a mission to retrive data on Kingdom Hearts." says Xaldin as if he had known about the mission for months.
        "Yeah, i did." replies Roxas as the elevator stopped and let them out.
        "Intresting. Did you get to see any of that data you collected?" Xaldin asked as they began walking.
        "No, i gave the disc that contained the data to Xemnas immediatly when i got back. Then he rushed off to Castle Oblivion to have it analyized by Vexen." Roxas explained as they walked through the Nothing's Call. Before they could continue their conversation, they reached the base of the castle. There they met up with Saix, Xigbar, the Organizations number 9, Demyx, the Melodious Nocturne, and the Organizations number 10, Luxord, the Gambler of Fate. As they all met up, they saw the intruder. A man dressed in long cape, a long gown type outfit, and had red bandages around his face, only reavealing his mouth and right eye. The remaining members of the Organization prepared for battle with this strange entity.

Chapter 6

        As the Organization drew their weapons, the entity stopped them all with a sinister glare.
        "Whats up with this dude!" shouts Xigbar as he tries to break the hold that has been placed on him. "He stopped all of us, but how!? How can he stop six of us all at once with just one glare!? It's inhuman!" Xigbar continues as the rest of the Organization tries just as hard to break the hold that has been put on them.
        "Now now, settle down all of you. I only wish to speak with you." the entity says as he begins to draw closer to the Organization. "Allow me to introduce myself, my name is DiZ, and i am fasinated by the concept of you beings, you nobodies. So you are beings with out hearts i presume. And the reason you set up your stronghold here is so you could be closer to Kingdom Hearts, the moon that looms above you at all times." DiZ began as he paced back and forth.
        "So whats it to you, you freak?!" shouts Xigbar in rage.
        "Calm down Xigbar, we don't want to get hurt do we?" Demyx says as he continues to watch DiZ move.
        "Shut it Demyx! This mans an intruder and Lord Xemnas would NOT be cool with him being here!" yells Xigbar in a fit of rage.
        "The one called Demyx does have a point. I have you all at my mercy, so you have no right to say what is right and wrong at this point. Just answear my questions and then i will leave peacefully. If you resist, i will fill your lifes with even more misery and pain than you have now." DiZ explains as he draws closer to Xaldin and Roxas. "So, you must be the Keyblade Master, Roxas. I've heard much about a young boy who wields the mighty Keyblade." says DiZ as he begins to circle around Roxas.
        "So what if i am the Keyblade master! I'm the only one who can control the Keyblade! So if your after it, then don't even try!" shouts Roxas as he miraculously breaks the bind that DiZ had placed on him.
        "Impressive. No one has ever broken my hold on them until now." says DiZ as if nothing happened. "I think i have intruded long enough. It is time that i take my leave. Farewell, and it was a pleasure meeting you, Roxas." DiZ says as he heads down the bridge of energy towards the city.
        "What was up with that guy? He was like, totally whacked out." says Xigbar as the members of the Organization hudled around him. At that moment, a path of darkness opened up and out walked Xemnas.

Chapter 7

        "This is an odd sight, since when do you all congragate here at the entrance?" asked Xemnas in bewilderment. "Would someone mind explaining what happened while i was out?" he asked as the looked at his subordinants.
        "Well sir, there was this man named DiZ and he said he was facinated by us Nobodies and for some reason he had a strange attraction to Roxas and his Keyblades." explains Demyx, trying not to anger Xemnas.
        "I see, thats very intresting. Did you at least try to fight back when he entered the castle?" asked Xemnas as he grew impatient.
        "Well, ya see sir, he freezed us all with this really strange glare and the only one who was able to get out of it was Roxas for some reason." explains Xigbar while Xemnas walked towards Roxas with a grin on his face.
        "Well done Roxas, i knew i could always count on you. You never cease to amaze me Roxas." says Xemnas with great pleasure in his voice. "As for the rest of you, i hereby sentance all of you to cleaning the castle for the rest of day!" shouts Xemnas with frustration in his voice due to the defeat of this other underlings. "As for you Roxas, you have earned the rest of the day off. Enjoy and do whatever you wish." says Xemnas as he walks away.
        "Ah man, this is bogus! How come Roxas gets the day off while we are stuck cleaning!" shouts Xigbar in agony.
        "Because he was able to fight DiZ's bind and escape it." says Saix as he walks towards his assaigned cleaning spot.
        Roxas then boards the elevator leading to the upper portion of the castle. As Roxas got to the Proof of Existance, a door to darkness appeared, and out of it walked DiZ. "What do you want!? I thought you were done with us!?" Roxas shouts as he brings out his Keyblades.
        "Ah, so sorry to shock you, but i would like to have a brief word with you. It seems you are not at all thrilled to be in the Organization." says DiZ as he begins to circle Roxas again.
        "Just cut to the chase freak, what do you want with me?!" shouts Roxas.
        "I have news that might surprise you. It seems that your........." DiZ begins as Saix charges at him.
        "Are you alright Roxas?" askes Saix as he draws his sword.
        "Yeah, i'm fine, but what about him, can you take him by yourself?" asks Roxas as he regains his balance.
        "I'll be fine, but if you want to help, i'm fine with that." says Saix as he and Roxas charge at DiZ.
        "Perhaps another time then." says DiZ as he vanishes into the darkness again.
        "What's going on here Saix?" asks a furious Xemnas as he enters the Proof of Existance.
        "DiZ was here again, and he was about to say something to Roxas when i showed up. He then vanished back into the darkness when Roxas and I charged at him." explained Saix.
        "I see. Is this true Roxas?" asked Xemnas.
        "Yes sir, entirely true." said Roxas as his Superior walked towards him. "He said he had news that might surprise me, but he was interuppted when Saix charged at him from behind." Roxas explained as Xemnas stopped in front of him.
        "Very intresting. Alright, Saix, your free to do whatever you wish for today. This is a reward for saving Roxas and ridding the castle of this DiZ person." says Xemnas as he walks away.
        "Thank you sir." says Saix as he entered his chamber.
        "Well, i guess i can get some rest now." Roxas says to himself as he enters his chamber. "If i guess right, i think Demyx will be done in a few hours, giving me a few hours to rest. Alright, sounds good to me." Roxas says to himself as he lays down.

Chapter 8

        "Well, this is some very intriguing data. It is going to take quite a bit of analyisis." says Vexen as he examines the data that Roxas had collected. "So far it is very puzzling. The author of all this must have been a genius. The data will answear a question but raise two more. The author was very dedicated to his work it seems." Vexen says to himself as he continues his analiysis.
        "What do we have so far Vexen?" asks Zexion as he enters the lab. "Anything that can be of use to us yet?"
        "Does anyone knock anymore!?" Vexen shouts as he whips around to speak with Zexion.
        "So sorry about that, but i was just, how you say, curious." says Zexion as he moves towards Vexen's computer.
        "Ok, but next time please knock." says Vexen as he turns back to his work. "The author of this data must have been a genius. It seems all of his data is encoded and as soon as i break the code and get the data, i am filled with more questions. It's very perplexing. So far i have uncovered nothing about Kingdom Hearts." explains Vexen as he continues his work. "Now if you will excuse me, i have much work to take care of." says Vexen as he ushers Zexion out of the lab.
        Elsewhere in Castle Oblivion, Marluxia, Larxene and Axel are in a meeting of their own.
        "So, what shall we do if any intruders enter the castle?" asks Axel.
        "I think we should just meet them head on and take them out!" says Larxene with fire in her voice.
        "No, we should make them suffer somehow so they will be easily taken out when they confront us." says Marluxia. "But we first need to find a way to make them suffer."
        As Marluxia finishes his sentance, Xemnas returns, but with him is a young girl.
        "Ah, my lord, how can we be of service to you?" asks Marluxia.
        " I would like for you to keep this girl prisoner for me. She has a very special gift that could be handy for you and the others here." says Xemnas as he tosses her towards Axel.
        "We will do as you wish my lord. What is this "special power" of her's exactly?" says Marluxia as he walks towards Axel and the girl.
        "She has the power to alter and erase memories. I thought this could be a useful asset if the castle is plauged with intruders. Use this power as you see fit." explains Xemnas as he opens a dark path again. "And now, i take my leave. Do not dissapoint me Marluxia." he says as he leaves.
        "Don't worry my lord, i promise to fulfill my duties here." says Marluxia as Xemnas fades into darkness.

Chapter 9

        As Xemnas left, Marluxia grabbed his new prisoner by the wrist. He was so swift about it that niether Larxene or Axel saw it. Then, Marluxia began to speak to the new prisoner.
        "So young one, what is your name?" asked Marluxia with a hind of fake kindness in his voice. The girl remained silent.
        "I said what is your name." says Marluxia, growing irritatated. "Answear me or i will dispose of you immediatly!" shouts Marluxia as he begins to lift the girl off the ground."
        "My na..name is Namine sir!" screams the girl in terror as Marluxia readies to toss her across the room.
        "Now, aren't you glad you gave us your name Namine?" asks Marluxia as he sets her down and lets go of her wrist.
        "Yes sir..." says Namine as she recovers from the ordeal she just went through. "How can i be of service to you.....my lord." asks Namine as she starts to grovel to Marluxia, hoping that if she was loyal, she wouldn't be harmed.
        "For starters, you will listen to evey order i give you, regardless of what it is. Second, if there are any intruders, any at all, you will use your power to tear apart or destroy the memories that the intruder has. Do I make myself clear?" says Marluxia as he paces across the room.
        "Yes sir, i understand sir." says Namine as she stands up again to await her first order.
        "Excellent, excellent. Now that you have pledged loyalty to me, you are free to go around the castle." says Marluxia with a sense of satisfaction in his voice. "Axel, please show Namine to her quarters would you." says Marluxia as he and Larxene leave the room.
        "Alright Namine, come with me." says Axel as Namine strolls towards him. As they walked, Axel started to talk to Namine. "Don't worry, i won't let Marluxia or Larxene do anything to harm you. You could say i'm one of the nicer Nobodies of Organization XIII. Those two are up to something and they plan to use your power to make it happen, that much i know. As long as i'm here, you shouldn't worry about anything." Axel says as they walked towards Namine's room.
        "Ok Axel, i'll trust you. I promise i won't repeat anything that you just told me." says Namine as they reached her room. "Thank you for taking me here." she said as she opened the door and left Axel.

Chapter 10

        "Uhh, what time is it?" says Roxas as he emeged from the nap he had taken. "Hmm, i hope i wasn't out for too long, Xemnas would kill me if i missed any meetings." says Roxas as he gets off his bed and makes his way out of his room. As he enters the Proof Of Existance, Xaldin appears and begins to talk to him.
        "So, how was your day off, Roxas?" asked Xaldin, with slight anger in his voice.
        "Not bad, I pretty much just slept through the day though." said Roxas as they entered the second floor of the Hall of Empty Melodies. "So, any word from Xemnas about any plans or missions?" askd Roxas.
        "None that i would know of. He did make another trip to Castle Oblivion earlier. He took that Namine girl with him, said she would be the castles, how you say, defense mechanisam." said Xaldin as he and Roxas entered outside into the Naught's Skyway. Just as they got out, Xemnas' voice echo's through out the castle.
        "Attention all Organization members, there is a special meeting being today in one hour. All members located here in the castle are required to attend." said Xemnas as Roxas and Xaldin stopped to listen.
        "I wonder what this surprise meeting is for?" Xaldin says as he and Roxas get to the base of the Hall of Empty Melodies.
        "I guess we won't know until we find out." says Roxas as the two of them reached Twilight's View. "Well, i'm gonna head down a little farther, i'll see you in the meeting in a bit." says Roxas as he walks away from Xaldin. As Roxas boarded the Crooked Acension, a door to darkness opened. "Who is it?!" shouts Roxas as he draws his Keyblades.
        "Calm down Roxas, it's me, Axel." says Axel as he steps towards Roxas.
        "Axel!? But your supposed to be at Castle Oblivion! If Xemnas catches you here, your dead!" shouts Roxas with fear for his friend.
        "Don't worry, i just came to tell you that Marluxia and Larxene are planning something sinister." says Axel.
        "What is it that they are planning?" asks Roxas.
        "I heard that they were planning to overthrow the Organization somehow. Marluxia thinks that he should be in charge instead of Xemnas. I guess being made lord of Castle Oblivion made him power hungry. Roxas, don't tell anyone about this, I plan to handle this myself. I think Zexion, Vexen and Lexeaus know already, so they can help me too. Please Roxas, please don't tell anyone." says Axel as he opens the dark path and leaves just as the elevator stops.
        "Don't worry, I won't." says Roxas to himself.
        "You won't what, Roxas?" asks Saix as he enters the elevator with Xigbar and Luxord.
        "Oh, don't pay attention to me! I'm just talking to myself!" says Roxas with laughter in his voice.
        "Hmm, alright then, it's about time we headed to the meeting, wouldn't you all say?" asks Luxord as they all nod their heads in agreement.

Chapter 11
        
        "Ah good, the final members are arriving." says Xemnas as Roxas, Saix, Xigbar and Luxord enter the meeting room. "Now, let us begin. We have recieved word that a young boy and his comrades are making their way towards Castle Oblivion. It seems this is the boy who I met and battled when i went to Hollow Bastion. He seems to be looking for his friend and a king of another world. I need one of you to make him stray from his normal path and make him head towards Castle Oblivion. There we can do whatever is nessasary to him." explains Xemnas as the others begin to think if they would want to confront this young boy.
        "Sir, is he a large threat at all?" asks Saix, hoping to get some answears.
        "Well, he has made many strides in the form of reuniting the worlds. He ended the reign of the most powerful Heartless, the one called Ansem and he is the one responsible for locking up our Kingdom Hearts. He is not to be taken lightly." explained Xemnas.
        "If we, ya know, had to fight with him, what kind of weapon would this boy be using?" asks Xigbar.
        "Well, this might come as a shock, but the boy that locked our Kingdom Hearts uses the Keyblade." says Xemnas as he looks at Roxas.
        "How is that possible?! I thought i was the only one who could use the Keyblade!" shouts Roxas in anger at the news of another Keyblade master.
        "Calm down Roxas, he isn't nearly as powerful as you are. In fact, you could beat him very easily." says Xemnas as he continues looking at the angered Roxas. "He may have locked Kingdom Hearts, but that is because he only had to go through the damned Heartless. He has never faced a Nobody. Well, other than me of coarse." continues Xemnas.
        "Sir, it would be an honor if i could go and meet this boy." says Roxas with much confidence.
        "Out of the question. I have decided to send Saix to carry out this mission. Don't take it personally Roxas, but this is a mission that i now see fitting for Saix. As for the rest of you, please watch over this castle with even more vigilance than normal. We never know when beings like DiZ may show up next." explained Xemnas as he steps off his chair. "That is all for today, dismissed. Saix, you will be leaving immediatly for the Crossroads."
        "Yes sir, i understand." says Saix as he dons his hood and opens a path to darkness.

Chapter 12

        "Woah, where am I?" says the young boy, Sora, as he sits up in the dead of night. "Oh yeah, i'm looking for Riku and the King!" he says as he begins to walk down a dirt path surrounded by grass. After a little walking, Sora ends up in the middle of a set of paths in the shape of an X. "I wonder which way i'm supposed to go from here?" he thinks to himself as he looks down each path. But down each path was the same thing, just grass, grass and more grass. He looks behind him to make sure no one was following him. When he turns around, he hears a strange voice from behind him.
        "Ahead lies something you need..." says the voice as Sora whips around to see what it was. When he turns, there is no on there. The voice then speaks again. "But to claim it, you must lose something dear." the voice says as Sora whips around again and turns to find a mysterious figure in a black cloak.
        "You! Your the one who attacked me at Hollow Bastion!" Sora shouts, but the figure just turns and fades into the darkness.
        "Sora! What happened?!" shouts his comrade, Donald Duck, as he and Sora's other friend Goofy race towards Sora.
        "The guy in the black cloak attacked me again! You know, the one from Hollow Bastion!" Sora shouts as he runs down the path that the figure went down. "We have to hurry or we'll lose him!" shouts Sora as he continues running.
        "Well, we better follow him Goofy." says Donald as he runs after Sora.
        "Welp, looks like I better catch up!" shouts Goofy as he runs after the other two. After much running, the trio end up at a dead end. All there is in front of them was a spooky looking castle. The trio had no other choice but to enter the castle.

Chapter 13

        While Sora and his friends entered Castle Oblivion, Marluxia was already ready to make their lives miserable.
        "So, how are you going to work this situation Marluxia?" asks Larxene with a great intrest as she reads a novel from the castle's library.
        "Hehe, just wait and find out. Oh, each of you, take these." Marluxia says as he tosses Axel and Larxene each a deck of cards.
        "Cards? Why did you give us cards?" asks Larxene in wonderment. "What purpose do these serve?"
        "Ah, just listen to the explination I give our young friend, then you will get your answear." says Marluxia as he dons his hood and opens the door to the room they were in. "Well, it looks like its time for our show to begin." he says as he walks out of the room.
        Elsewhere in the castle, another plan is unfolding within the Organization XIII.
        "Hmm, i sense a unfamiliar body in the lowest basement." says Zexion as he looks away from the puzzle he was working so he could figure out what was in the castle. "It seems we have a denizen of darkness in our castle." Zexion says as Lexeaus enters the room.
        "Who could it be Zexion?" asks Lexeaus in the same docile voice he always uses.
        "It seems we have a very special guest in our castle. No, wait, we have two special guests here. Looks like the original Keyblade wielder and his little friend have found there way here." says Zexion with great pleasure. "I'll let Marluxia take care of the one above, we can take on the task of watching over the one in the basement, the one known as Riku."
        Back on the top floors of Castle Oblivion, Sora and his friends are heading towards the door at the end of the hallway, when Marluxia intercepts them.
        "Welcome to Castle Oblivion my young friend, we have been expecting you. There are a few rules that pertain to this castle, so it would be in your best intrest to listen closely." says Marluxia as Sora, Donald and Goofy bring out their weapons, ready to fight.
        "Alright then, tell us these 'rules' you have here!" shouts Sora, getting ready to charge.
        "As you wish. First off, the moment you set foot into this castle, you forget all magic that you may have known. Second, you won't be able to fight like you normally would. Instead, your attacks will be morphed into cards." explains Marluxia as he throws Sora a deck of cards with his Keyblade on the cards. He also give Sora a strange card, different from the ones in his deck.
        "So, what do I do with these? Is there a difference between the deck and this single card?" asks Sora, growing more and more furious.
        "Yes, there is a large difference between the deck and the single card. Try going to the door behind me and holding the single card to it. Everything should become clear after that." explains Marluxia as he fades into darkness.
        "Well, it looks like we should see what this is all about." says Sora as he and his friends head towards the door in front of them. When they reach the top of the steps leading to the door, Sora holds up the card as he was instructed to. As he did, the door opened and they went in. They were engulfed by a blinding white light as they entered. When Sora could see again, he realized where he was.
        "Wait, this can't be. How did I end up here? Why am I back in Traverse Town?!" shouts Sora in shock as he looks around what seems to be Traverse Town. "Donald, Goofy, are we really back in Traverse Town?" asks Sora, but there is no reply. "Donald, Goofy? Where are you!" shouts Sora as he notices that his friends have disappered.
        "Do not worry, your friends are still here. You will see them soon enough." says Marluxia as he appears in front of Sora. "What you see here is a recreation from your memories. This town is all your memories of the time you spent here." explains Marluxia. "Well, i shall leave you be now. I hope to see you at the top of the castle. Good luck." says Marluxia as he fades away yet again.

Chapter 14

        "Ungh, where...where am I?" asks the young boy named Riku as he sits up in a room of gray. Within this room is nothing, no light, no dark, just gray. Then, another voice speaks.
        "Sleep. Sleep here between light and darkness, where you belong." says the voice.
        "Who are you?" asks Riku in confusion and frustration.
        "That is not important. What is important is you. You are a very special breed." says the voice calmly.
        "What do you mean by special breed? And why does that make me so important?!" shouts Riku with anger and desperation. "Tell me where i am right now!"
        Hehehe, so you have finally awakened. Excellent, our reunion can finally begin." says another voice, but this one is familiar to Riku.
        "No, it can't be you can it?" shouts Riku with fear and anger. "It can't be....Ansem?!"
        "Hehe, bingo." says Ansem with satisfaction. "Sora may have defeated me, but a part of me lived on in your heart. And now i am free once again. I may not have a physical form, but i will obtain one soon enough." explains Ansem as Riku grows fearful and even more confused and angered. Suddenly, a bright light flashes into the room.
        "Don't worry Riku, i'm here to help you!" shouts a very high pitched voice.
        "Its you! Your Majesty, thank god it's you!" shouts Riku in happiness at the sound of the great King Mickey's voice. "Do you know where I am your Majesty?" asks Riku.
        "No, but i can get you out of here." says the King as the light fills with light. Then, Riku finds himself in a strange castle, one that he knows all too well.
        "Wait, i'm in....in....Hollow Bation again! But how!?" he shouts as he begins to walk through the castle where he was once a slave. As before, as he walked, the Heartless began to flock out, but this time, Riku wasn't able to control them.
        "Damn, they won't listen to me anymore. Looks like I have no choice but to fight them!" he shouts as he draws his weapon, the Soul Eater and begins to slash through the hoardes of Heartless. After much fighting, Riku finds himself face to face with his former master, Maleficent.
        "Maleficent! I thought Sora killed you after I unlocked the darkness in your heart!" screams Riku as he readies for battle again. Maleficent did not answear, but instead turned into a huge dragon born out of the darkness in her heart. After much fighting, Riku comes out victourious and then finds himself in a white hallway.
        "Just what is going on here? One minute i'm in Hollow Bastion, the next i'm in this strange hallway." says Riku to himself. Just then, Ansem speaks again.
        "Riku, the Hollow Bastion you just went through was a recreation of your memories, a token of the darkness in your heart. You will never rid yourself of the darkness, so why don't you just give in like you did before." says Ansem, trying to sound convincing.
        "Never! I have given up the darkness and don't plan to use it ever again." says Riku with passion. Suddenly, the physical form of Ansem appears in front of Riku.
        "Fine then, if you will not accept the darkness willingly, then I will force you to accept it!" exclaims Ansem as he charges for Riku. Riku nimbly dodges the blow and draws the Soul Eater, ready to fight his nemesis. Riku charges at Ansem, but Ansem raises his guardian shadow to deflect the attack. Riku then jumps over Ansem and stabs him in the back, ending the battle as quickly as it began.
        "Very impressive Riku. You have grown strong. You still fight with the passion of someone who has been immersed in the darkness. Just to make you journey easier, i shall do this for you." says Ansem as he lifts his arm and points his hand at Riku. A strange green vortex surrounds Riku and then vanishes.
        "What did you do?" asks Riku.
        "Ah, all I did was open up your heart, allowing you to access your Dark Mode. I said I was going to bring you back to darkness even if I had to force you to come back." says Ansem as he starts to walk away. "Oh, and you will need this." he says as he tosses a deck of cards towards Riku.
        "Wait, what are these for?! Tell me! Ansem, you better tell me!" shouts Riku, but it was too late. Ansem had already faded into the darkness.
        
        

        

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment