Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Trinity Islands

Continuation of a boys Struggle against Hell

Chapter 3 - The Trinity Islands

Chapter 3 - The Trinity Islands
 
“Land Ho!” A sailor yelled at the top of his lungs.
I sat up and looked over to see the beautiful Trinity Islands not far from reach away. Kayla stood beside me and watched. She hadn’t been far from the castle her entire life. This was a site for her to see as well.
“Are you sure this is ok?” She asked.
“Unlike a lot of people I know…they’ll understand” I said.
I still didn’t think including them in all of this was the right thing but I had to. I was at their doorsteps and I was desperate and now that I think of it. When all of this starts up I’d rather have them at my side until the end then to only hear about how they died and I wasn’t there to help them.
The ship pulled into the dock and Kayla and I stepped off.
“It’s been awhile since I’ve been here,” I said stretching. “ Hope I remember everything…” I looked around trying to find a familiar site. It took me a moment but my memory of this place started coming back.
“Come on” I said and took her hand. We walked up a small hill and onto a large pasture. The road was made of rich brown gravel and we followed it.
“What the?” I said and stopped her.
“What’s wrong?” She asked.
I didn’t answer. Something didn’t feel right. I looked over from the tree across the road and immediately dived out the way of a flying axe.
“What the hell John!” I yelled.
He jumps out the tree and laughs walking over to me.
“Gave you a good scare didn’t I “ He said and smirked,” your still as sharp as ever though…who’s this?”
He took a look at Kayla.
“ A new girlfriend?” John asked looking back to me,” …Kyoko’s gonna be pissed” He sneered.
I glared at him but didn’t say anything.
“ Anyway…I was wondering when you would wander back Leon” He said,” Actually didn’t think you would turn up for a year or so…It’s like you to keep someone waiting”.
Neither Kayla nor me said anything back to that. I was actually worried at what she would say.
“ You two are real quite “ He said,”Theirs gotta be something your not telling me mate. This is just too weird for you to come back and not have plenty on your mind to say”
John studied us for a second and put his thumb on his lip.
“ I got it!” He exclaimed,” You went off and got married and you didn’t want to tell me!... You basterd!” John drew his sword and pointed it at me.
“ John what are you doing” I asked
“How about a quick duel Leon. We haven’t fought man to man in some time have we and this time we actually have stakes to the loser” John said and peered down to Kayla.
“Huh?” She said confused.
 “ How about it Leon? Winner gets the girl,” John said backing up,” Or are you not man enough to take me anymore?”
I looked for a second but then drew my sword with a smirk,” I’ve improved a lot more then you think John. On top of that I won’t lose her to you!”
“Good. Winner gets the girl, GO!” John said and without a moment’s hesitation charged with his sword at Leon.
“Wait What!?” Kayla said confused but quickly stepped away from the fight,” Leon stop!” but he was already deeply concentrated into the fight.
John swung left then right and I quickly dodged and parried his last blow almost sending his sword out of his hand. He smirked and then charged differently then the first time. His sword scrapped the ground as it came up inches from my face. I staggered back on my tiptoes. He quickly ran in with an upward thrust but I had known John too long to fall for something like it. I quickly dodged to the right in time to guard his next attack and have time for one of my own. He leaped back as my sword scrapped a bit of his cloths. We had learned not to be scared of each other’s swords and in unison charged each other at the same time. When our swords met it looked as though I had the upper hand and I eased up a little but John quickly took the upper hand and elbowed my hard to the face. I staggered back a bit while regaining my stance.
“Gotcha this time Leon!” John yelled as a Light went around him for his final blow. I was so astonished I didn’t have much time to even think. Without hesitation I used the Twilight and repelled his attack in the Transformation. I stood there as the power enveloped me…it had been the first time I used the power when I called it and it felt good since the strain of the transformation had disappeared.
“ Well I’ll be damned” John said in amazement,” And I thought I had a secret”.
I laugh as I help him to his feet. The Twilight power fades and I return back to normal, but that light coming off John a few moments ago…it couldn’t be I thought.
“Great first he shoots fire and now he’s a fracken angel what’s next Leon” John said slapping me on the back,” It’s good to see you haven’t changed though…when I first saw you. You looked completely different, and I couldn’t tell from the expression…maybe just how long I’ve known ya, but it just looked like you had some of the worst news in the world to tell us here.”
I grew quite and he could tell he was right.
“John… I need your help,” I said in a serious tone.
“Yeah?” He said looking around to see if anyone saw,” If its something serious then I don’t think we should talk in the open, besides Kyoko’s gonna flip when she sees this”.
John took us through the pasture and to the other side of the island. We took his boat to the 2nd of the three Trinity Islands.
“But honestly Leon. Who is she?” John asked as he rowed us to shore.
“If you believe such things…She’s the princess of the Twin cities” I said.
“…Well I’ll be damned Leon you’re a fracken kidnapper” John said and laughed and we rowed up on to shore.
“What?” I said back.
“Word around here says the princess was kidnapped by someone from one of our enemy countries…never figured it was you” He laughed.
“…He didn’t kidnap me…” Kayla said in a timid voice.
“ Well don’t worry about it, you can tell me later. Not like you believe every rumor you here anyway” John said leading them through a group of houses.
He pointed out a small house just before the road began inclining up a hill. We walked in the door and took a seat on the couch.
“Make your self at home princess… Kyoko should be around here somewhere,” John said looking around.
“Could be awhile John you know how she is,” I said.
“Yeah your right” John said and took a seat in the chair on the opposite side of the room.
“So how was it getting back here?” I asked.
“Eh not much…never really is. I just so happened to meet Sam taking a ship back here. Other then that I got home about a week after Kyoko did. “ He sighs,” Sometimes I really do forget how my beautiful my home really is. Its no wonder it’s hard leaving sometimes”.
I looked away. Dammit I thought.
“But enough on me. Its not like I do much anyway. You seemed to have seen a lot since I last saw you and how you where back their pretty much means you found out something pretty hefty back in the Twin cities right?” John asked.
The door opened just as I as I was opening my mouth.
“Well it’s about time” John said,” Keeping all of us waiting like that”
“ Leon its good to see you” Kyoko said with a smile,” and shut up John”.
“ I heard some words from the village that you had come back finally. I don’t know so much about the kidnapping rumor though,” She said setting her groceries out on the table.
“…Why does everyone think I kidnapped her…” I said in an annoyed tone.
Kayla giggles.
“ Anyway what did you have to tell me that was important?” John asked.
“It wasn’t just for you…I needed to ask Kyoko and Kayla at the same time…you guys have no idea what’s really going on,” I said in a serious tone.”
“Do you two remember the light that saved us back at the Prison?”
“Yeah I remember…who could forget” John said.
“Well…” I paused. Then I started from the beginning for Kayla’s sake. I told her about all the years I could remember. The years that for some reason where mostly unknown to me until now. That night in Albina helped me to remember her. I can’t remember most of the places during that time period though. I told them down to the detail when I got to the Twin cities…about Alexander…Luther…the entire Sanction and their relation to hell it self. It wasn’t easy to explain since parts of it I couldn’t really understand. We talked about it deep into the day and until evening. I knew I told them my story because they where my friends and they always wanted to know but this time…I told them because I needed their help. I couldn’t get to the Twin cities on my own and I’ve already made up my mind that I can protect them in battle at my side, and I don’t want to lose them when their miles away in a battle they could never have won. I’m not going to joke around and say back in Albina was easy. We all almost died and if we had stayed to fight the stronger demons…we probably would have…the thought trailed away.
 I knew it was hard though…especially for them…they only saw some of what horror hell could do. Right now I even doubt the sanction can stand up to what we fought back in Albina. Even if Damien were right about everyone being stronger then he was I doubt it would do much good. 6 men…can’t fight a war and there was no denying that.
“ Even if its true…it’s hard to believe this would have happened without us knowing about it,” Kyoko said.
“Think about it…if it’s crazy to you…what makes another person any different. You believe me because I’ve known you for years and I don’t lie about something I’m dead serious with like this…” I said.
The room was quite.
“You lose hope pretty quick Leon…” A voice called from the door.
I whirled around and Lenneth was standing there.
“Lenneth?”
“What, you think we would leave you to die.” He said walking in shutting the door.
“Who’s he…” John said.
“He’s part of the Sanction,” I said.
“ I was walking by and decided to listen in to what you where saying. We know full well that our numbers no matter how strong we are don’t count for much against demons of hell that are endless and unbeatable, but there is hope. The armies of the world are gathering. The Twin cities are calling them. In the past the other countries wanted to ignore the threat of hell breaking loose. They hoped it was a legend and nothing more but they cannot stand and watch their people be slaughtered. The cracks of hell are opening Leon and where running out of time”
“ Say what?” I said confused,” We’ve only opened two of them and Albina and Drenora are wastelands right now”.
“ I don’t know all of how it works so you’ll have to ask Luther when we get back but the Cracks are just barriers to keep the demons down. As you open more, higher stronger demons will come and it won’t just be from the crack…they’ll be everywhere…soon cities…countries…continents will have to be abandoned…When the demons come…they will leave nothing alive…Its time for us to stand Leon…The War is coming weather where ready or not”
“ What war…” Kyoko said.
“ The Great War of our time…the great battles against hell! What ever you want to call it… The Demons are gathering Leon...And their going to strike the first place on this planet that will make us suffer the most damage…The Twin cities”
Kayla gasped.
“The Twin cities…?” I said,” Why their?”
“Simple…the Twin cities is an icon that in times of war united the nations under one. The Twin cities are like the glue that keeps all the other nations together, and on top of that the Twin cities is the only city from the past war that still stands…its almost like an unfinished part of hell’s plans. Since the Twin cities are like the glue however should it fall the other countries will abandon hope on uniting and flee to defend their own lands. As you will have guessed by this time several more cracks will be opened. No matter how many soldiers or civilians a nation can fight with, on their own they will still lose and be slaughtered. The only way to stand against hell is to stand together. They know this now and that is why it is important that you all come to the Twin cities.
The room was quite.
“ No doubt that you noticed John’s strength with the Trinity Leon…its early and even I wouldn’t want to be sent in so unprepared, but we need as many as can fight in this battle. You know nothing of hell Leon but you’ll soon find out. The battle…the war to come…its just the steps your going to have to take…I want to prepare you for what fractions of the lives are in the balance should you fail”.
There was a slight pause before I spoke.
“What do you mean…”? I asked.
“There is a crack on this very island. When you open it…everyone left on this island will die.” Lenneth said in a cold unforgiving voice.
“What!” John exclaimed,” What the hell!”
“We’re going to need a ship off this island because no matter how gallantly you fight. No matter how many lives go into this and how many are lost. We won’t win here…its sad …and many times I have tried to defy that one truth, but hell is unbeatable to us all…and that is something that we must come to pass with…our only hope is the Twilight and you should know or you will soon enough” Lenneth said.
The mood in the room had been killed by these words. I sat paralyzed. I knew parts of this I didn’t understand but now…it just seemed as though I had been blind to the important facts. Everyone knew about the Twin cities connections to the other nations, and yet all this time I hadn’t seen it or even compiled the information to think on it. This was way bigger then I was and I still felt like a pawn in a greater situation that I still didn’t grasp.
“Well.” John said,” Sitting here ain’t gonna do us much good. If what you said about the crack here is true and combined with Leon’s story…no matter how we act people will die…I don’t like the out come either and I sure as hell don’t want to miss seeing the war with my own eyes. So I’m coming with ya Leon to the Twin cities. You’re not going to be alone this time.”
I stared for a second as Kyoko stood up.
“He’s right…” Kyoko said,” where going to stand and fight with you this time. For better or for worse”.
I took a minute to look around the room. I glanced at John’s serious face. Not an inch of him told me he wouldn’t give his life or bleed for me now just like he had before. Kyoko’s calm eyes reflected almost the same thing to me. I looked to Kayla who hadn’t said much this entire conversation. I could see worry in her eye and I knew she had to be fearing for her home. This was coming at her just as fast as it did for John and Kyoko and soon they both will lose their homes to this war. Their was uncertainty their and I could easily see it but after taking a deep breath I knew she was ready to take on what was coming for us.
“Ok…” I said taking a deep breath,” John…go around the island and get as many sailors as you can. We need any able bodied person this place can give us. Getting back to the Twin cities ain’t gonna be as simple as just sailing. My guess is that every demon in the area is going to do anything to slow us down or get us killed before we get there. Lenneth…take Kayla and me to the crack. I’ll open it as soon as John is ready” I commanded.
Everyone gazed at me for a second and then immediately took to their orders.
“I’ll go with John” Kyoko said,” The islands too big for him to search on his own”.
John and Kyoko left the door open as they ran off into the night.
“You’ve changed” Lenneth said
“Yeah…you could say that” I said pulling my sword from its sheath.
“Not in body I mean…your mind set to all of this has grown. Some would have expected you to break from how all of this was coming at you,” He said.
I sighed,” Its got its toll sure enough…I’m almost doomed to lose everything unless its right with me”.
I looked over at Kayla and took her hand. She looked at me and then over to Lenneth. He smiled a large grin before hurrying out the house.
We quickly followed him down the hill and back into the dock.
“The Crack is in a monastery in the 3rd island,” Lenneth said,” We’re not going to have time to rescue anyone so don’t play hero Leon. Their lives mean nothing if you don’t destroy hell”.
“You’re really going to leave them? Kayla asked.
“Yeah…I don’t like the idea either but if we don’t get out of here while theirs only a few of them then we will be dead too.” Lenneth said.
It didn’t take us long to get to the third island. Everyone was quite and didn’t feel right about what was about to happen but then again what else could they do. I was pretty sure if demons from Drenora could attack the Twin cities like they did before then the amount of demons from Albina could easily attack here… if that where to happen on top of a new breed of demon. I’m not sure even with all of the Sanction members we would be able to win.
We came up on the monastery and surprisingly it was pretty empty. I was relieved to see that people would have time to get off the island.
“The monastery is closed at this time can we help you?” There was a monk outside the monastery keeping watch. I didn’t know how to go passed him without causing commotion on top of that we’d be breaking into a church.
“I’m sorry about this” Lenneth said and drew his sword. Wit the end of the sword he hit the man hard in the head. He passed out unconscious.
“I almost thought for a second you where going to kill him…” I said.
“It would have done him a great favor if I really had…” Lenneth said praying down to him.  We pushed through the doors down a hall and kept careful so that we didn’t attract any more attention. We were walking down a corridor when I got a strange feeling.
“This is it,” I said. Stopping at a solid wall.
Lenneth and Kayla circled back quickly as the wall disappeared and led down the deep dark spiral stairway.
“We’ll be waiting for you here…hurry,” Lenneth said taking his two blades from their sheaths and taking his stance. Kayla watched me as quickly jogged down into the deep catacombs of where the Twilight was kept. The room was dark with only an inch of light towards the middle. I got used to the darkness of the room and quickly proceeded to the light. As before as soon as I approached the light it disappeared into the darkness of the room and I was blinded by a holy aura of light. What seemed like I was out for hours turned out to be only minutes, but those minutes where ones I truly regretted not being awake for them. I heard explosions and screams from the floor above me. Without a moments hesitation I took off at full sprint up the staircase. When I reached the top the once beautiful monastery was a hell zone.
“Duck!” Lenneth yelled tackling me to the ground.
I large tail whipped across me inches from my body slicing clean through stone pillars.
The creature on its hind legs was covered in blood as it retracted its tail back to its body.
“ Don’t get by the Tail…I’m pretty sure it’ll kill even us if where caught.” Lenneth said.
“Got it,” I said charging just behind Lenneth.
The creature gave off an ear-demolishing screech and its tail broke through the pillars beside us. We both quickly ducked as the tail swung around just barely cutting me on the shoulder.
“frack!” I yelled as the blood seeped from my shirt.
“You ok?’ Lenneth asked turning back.
“Yeah…never better” I said with a smirk.
“Look out!” Lenneth yelled as the creatures tail curved and almost cut my head clear off my shoulders.
With a quick slash I dropped on my back a cut the creatures tail. I quickly rose to my feet and with a curved slash of my sword the Tail came clear off. The creature cried out in pain as it charged mouth gaping at me, but then it just stopped. I was perplexed for a second until I saw Lenneth. His two blades had been driven deep into the creature gullet. It hollered back in pain as I could see an aura of light coming off from Lenneth.
“This is for the lives you have taken…and the many more you demons will take before this is all over.” Lenneth said and like lightening thrusted his two swords one after the other in and out of the creature. It curled back in pain as he followed up with two quick slashes to the face and quick sweep of its legs. The creature came down hard as blood ran on the floor. Lenneth leaped in the air and held his sword above his head. I could see an energy I couldn’t even describe emitting from it and with a jerk of his blade it released and all that was left of the demon was a pile of blood. Its blood had gotten all over the room and a lot even on me.
“Where’s Kayla?” I asked.
“Outside” Lenneth said,” Come on let’s get out of here”.
We ran through the corridor as I saw bloodstains and dead bodies of those unfortunately enough to be seen by the creature. We where quickly outside and Kayla was waiting for us as in the distance I saw fire and heard screams like never I had heard in my life. She was paralyzed there as we could only watch as the other islands took attack by the new demons. Innocent people where butchered on the spot in a conspiracy they didn’t even understand and I felt for them…I felt strongly for there lose.
“Don’t let it get to you” Lenneth said to both of us.
“This is war and that’s a big part of it. So we better get moving now…if we don’t, a catastrophe 100 times greater then this will occur and its something this world won’t be able to bounce back from.”
I swallowed my guilt and emotions from the time on and held Kayla’s hand as I led her to the boat. It was docked just below the monastery.
“Everyone here?” I asked as we got on board.
20 to 30 people where on the boat when I got on. Mostly civilians that they managed to get off the island. I was glad to see we could actually save some people. Then I looked around a bit closer.
“Where’s Kyoko?” I asked.
“shoot!” John exclaimed hitting his hand hard on the boat,” I knew I was fracken missing something!”
“ Don’t worry we will go back for her” I said.
“Leon we can’t. You’ve seen the other islands and there is no way you can fight against so many at a time on top of that I told you before that we couldn’t rescue anyone and to not try and be a hero. I know its hard leaving your friend but you have to do this for a greater good!”
I stared at him for a second. I couldn’t believe what he was asking me to do and it seemed impossible. I couldn’t possibly leave her it was like leaving my soul on this island to burn into hell itself.
“ I know you said not to be a hero or go rescue someone…and your right it I should stay and finish this war quickly for the greater good…but my family IS my greatest good and don’t you dare tell me to leave her” I said in a cold chocked voice, and without another word I jumped off the ship and began the long swim towards the carnage and killings. The distance from me and the island looked small on the boat but when I actually got there it felt more like I had swam miles instead of that short distance. Fires had broken out and I can see and watch people run around in the night fleeing for their very lives. I didn’t pay much attention to them though. I knew I couldn’t save everyone but I know who I do want to risk my life to save.
I quickly glanced around for site of her but I couldn’t find her. I ran around Frantically screaming her name but I didn’t get an answer. I saw a dead body lying only a few feet away from. I froze and then worked up as much nerve as I could to go over there. I walked slowly until I was only a few inches away. I turned the body over to see it was in fact a woman but it wasn’t Kyoko. I said a prayer in my head as I left her body down gently and continued on. I ran up the hill to the clearing I had met john in and I was ducking in and out of attacks from the creatures from before. They where more preoccupied with the other people then me at the moment until I got up to the hill on the edge of the island. I could see Kyoko holding in her arms small child as the creature inched closer to them. The Twilight power came over me instantly as the creature raised its tail for an attack. In a heartbeat I was over their fast enough to counter the creatures attack. I was stunned at how much faster I’d become in such a short while. As I raised my sword the light of Twilight incinerated it.
“Kyoko are you ok?” I asked.
“Yeah…I’m fine,” She said standing up and taking the child by the hand.
By now a large group of the demons had made their way to us. I stood ready to fight as the wings of the Twilight gaped open. The creatures gave out a final roar and all I could see where their tails spiraling at me. I was able to dodge the first few as with one false blow I put one the creatures down but the tail pierced through the Twilight and got me deep in the chest. The Twilight had protected me from some of the blows but as the came down on me there wasn’t much I could actually do. I heard Kyoko’s voice as their tails came down on me time and time again. The Twilight I could feel was fading and fast, If the Twilight faded and they where like this then I’m a dead man I thought. Then suddenly a creature was sent knocked back flying back.
“Leon!” I could here Lenneth yell as he came over to me.
John came to and defended the creatures off me till I could regain my footing.
“Get Kyoko and let’s get out of here!” John commanded and cut deep through the demon to my side.
John took Kyoko by the hand and tried leading her down the hill but more and more of the creatures kept coming. They came and came and no matter how fast we killed them, more easily replaced them until eventually they had us cornered to the hill. I looked over my shoulder at the almost 400ft drop to the sea.
“We have to hold them off!” I yelled.
“Leon we can’t there is way to many we have to find another way off” Lenneth yelled.
“There isn’t another way off!” I yelled between swings,” If we jump I’m sure I’ll live but you guys won’t”.
 A demon from the rear swung its long red tail just above me and then another used its tail to pin my arm to the ground. My sword was knocked from my arm the tail pierced through my bones.
“Aw frack!” I yelled out in pain.
Lenneth tried to help out with John but it wasn’t any use. They had reached the end of their limit and they where running quickly out of options.
“I’m sorry Leon!” Lenneth yelled.
“What?” I said but before I knew anything Lenneth rammed into me and took the blow I was going to take in the shoulder. He grabbed me and threw me towards the edge of the hill.
Both of my arms had been seriously injured and bleeding had become almost unbearable. I could barely hold on as the fight went out of control. Lenneth knocked John off the cliff but before he could help again the creature to his left impaled its long tail through Kyoko and the child.
“Nooo!!” I yelled reaching out to her.
I tried furiously to get back on the hill but my arms could barely move. Her scream echoed in my ears and rang inside me like a parade of trumpets.
With a swift kick to my shoulder from Lenneth my arms couldn’t support me and we fell next to each other. Her screams and a flash of light was the last I saw or head of her.
 
I hit the water hard and if not for John and Lenneth pulling me onto the boat I’m pretty sure I would have drowned. I coughed and wheezed as I tried to catch my breath, and then without even thinking I hit Lenneth hard in the face.
“What the frack did you do!?” I yelled.
I rammed into him and knocked him to his feet as I hammered away at his face. The Twilight hadn’t completely faded and I used every ounce of strength to hurt him as much as I could.
“You left her to fracken die you fracken basterd!!”
“Leon calm down!” Kayla yelled trying to grab me off Lenneth,” John help me” She looked back at him but the lose had already taken his toll on him. He stood their and then dropped to his knees as his eyes watered.
The emotions for Kyoko I felt at the moment could only be matched by how I felt for Kayla. When they where able to get me off Lenneth I was already screaming in pain of the loss. Lenneth didn’t fight me back and it showed when he stood. His face was severely bruised and his nose was broken and bleeds from both sides. At that moment in time I probably would have killed Lenneth with my bare hands. I would have dropped everything for it. I regret it now after seeing him. He felt bad about it and I could see it soon after the boat sailed away from the island. I don’t care that I lost sight of the greater goal and I don’t care that he’s in pain. He won’t ever feel what me and John felt that night. He can mourn over the lives he left but losing family isn’t just a life. I stormed off down into the cabin and didn’t say a word to anybody. Even when I got there I was still mad. Without even thinking I punched a hole clear through the side of the wall. I sat down on the bed and had my arms over my head. I was so angry I had a headache and it was throbbing out of control. It pounded against my head until suddenly there was knock on the door.
There was a slight before she spoke.
“Leon…can I come in?” Kayla asked.
I didn’t answer. I really didn’t care about anything at this point.
She entered anyway and sat next to me.
“Are you going to be ok? She asked.
I took a second then just plainly answered no.
I know she was thinking about something to say but their wasn’t anything I wanted to hear.
“I can’t say I can begin to know what you’re going through but…I just you to know your not the only one who’s suffering,” She said.
“What the frack would he know? What the hell does any of the Sanction know about how it feels…cold @$$ basterds”.
She sighs” You don’t think he feels bad about this do you? He had to make a choice to leave someone …or save someone for the world and he chose the one for the world. He knows its not far he couldn’t save her and blames himself for her death even more then any of us, but Leon…you can’t just blame him for it…like he said before…plenty of people are going to die and…we just gotta try hard to make it through all of this”.
I didn’t answer and she was expecting it. She sat at my side even though I didn’t say a word to her. We just sat there in silence listening to the waves. It took time but my anger began to dissipate and my reasoning returned.  I resented the fact she was right and I couldn’t blame him. Who probably did know the odds more than me and hated more to admit it. But…leaving her just wasn’t an option she was family to me, both John and Kyoko where the closest to family I had had. Losing even one felt like I left fragments of me on that island and I could never go back. Eventually I took sometime away from everyone. I told Kayla I wanted some fresh air and some alone time and she understood me. I stroked my brow, as I stood tall on deck. I could still see the fires and that hill from the distance. Then I noticed John. He was looking as bad as me only…he was taking it a lot worst.
“John…you ok man?” I asked going over to him.
He was crouched down with his hand over his face. His voice was tight and chocked and I could tell he didn’t want his hurt to show but I saw through it. The tears went through everything no matter how hard he held back. No matter what feelings he wanted to suppress they came out in full force. I know no words could explain how he felt but what he handed me gave me clear definition. He whipped his face and turned his back as he rolled a shiny object to me. I picked it up and stared at it point blank. I stared for a long time and even though its meaning came to me the second I saw it I couldn’t believe it and the pain just came back. Now I was hurting him for him and me. I hurt and felt worst about all of this now. I knew what it was so clearly, and it made me burst into tears to think about it. I placed on the boards of the ship a gold wedding ring and I couldn’t look at it without all the thoughts burning from my insides showing to everyone who approached.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment