Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Paranoia,Nerves,and The Mask-Reavealed

The Titans are confronted by a new super powered teen who wishes to hlp them revive Terra
(Please comment)

Chapter 11 - Paranoia,Nerves,and The Mask-Reavealed

Chapter 11 - Paranoia,Nerves,and The Mask-Reavealed
Itd been three days since Erikas meeting and it was still raining. Since it had been raining so much the Titans had been stuck inside. Erika usually spent most of her time in the room shed been staying in but today she was trying something different. She was hanging out with Starfire. Theyd talked a lot about nothing all morning and now they were painting each others nails. Erika couldnt ever remember have this much fun. It had really gotten her thinking.

May-be I should help them and not her. Ive never had any real friends and this is really fun. Erika what are you thinking. Youve done this youre whole life. You dont need friends. Only masters and of course victims.

Right Erika? Due to her thinking Erika hadnt heard Starfire or noticed Raven appear at Starfires side.
Huh? Erika looked over at Starfire only to see Raven. Uh, hi?
Hi? I was wondering if either of you saw Robin? And Starfire said that you guys hadnt seen him all day.
Yeah, I havent seen him.
Ok then I just figured if anyone knew where he was itd be you.
Nope, no clue. Raven walked off leaving Erika stunned. She didnt attempt to fight with her; she didnt try to kick her out. What was Ravens problem, she didnt give up that easily.
Hello? You in there? Starfire asked waving her hand in front of Erikas face.
Huh? Yeah. Erikas head began throbbing. She was use to the pain but she needed to go lie down. Hey Star?
Yeah?
Im not feeling to well Im going to go lie down, ok
Oh yes, of course. If you dont feel good, rest is exactly what you need.
Erika wandered down to Terras old room; it was where shed been allowed to sleep. She lay down on the bed and fell asleep.
* * *
Raven had continued to look for Robin. When she walked back through where Erika and Starfire had been she noticed Starfire was by herself and Erika had left.
Starfire where is she?
Who?
Erika!
Well she said she didnt feel good so she wanted to lie down.
Didnt you think to check to make sure thats what shes really doing?
I dont understand, we never check to make sure what were all doing.
Yeah well we can trust all the Titans.
Hold on it seemed like earlier you guys were ok with each other?
Its clear that Im not going to get her to leave but we need to be careful Im not sure what it is she really wants.
I thought she wanted to help us with Terra?
Thats what she said, but no one just wants to help us. She has other plans.
I dont think so but Ill check to make sure.
Good. With that Raven left room. Nobody understood why Raven was so worried Erika had been there for a while if she was going to do something she would have already done it.
Raven was sure shed checked everywhere for Robin. How obvious. Raven said as she realized that she didnt check his room. Raven wandered down the corridor that led to Robins room. When she came to the entrance she knocked on the door. Hey Robin? No response, Robin are you in there? Still no response. Raven placed her ear to the door and listened. She heard footsteps. The next thing she knew her ear was no longer against the medal door it was against Robins chest. Hi ya! She said lamely as she stepped back. Um, I really need to, uh, uh, were you sleeping?
Yeah werent you?
No, and nobody else was either.
Why not its early in the morning.
Its two oclock.
What?
Yeah its not early in the morning.
Right. Robin stepped outside his room. So what did you want to talk to me about?
Its Erika she needs to be watched.
Why?
Because shes up to something I just know it.
Raven, Erikas not up to anything, ok I know youre paranoid about her, but shes really not that bad.
Not that bad? Robin I know more about Erika than you do shes trouble Robin. Ive told you a million times, Ive told every one. But nobody listens to me.
Nobody listens to you because we all hang around Erika and we all know that shes not up to anything!
Tears began to well up in her eyes. She couldnt believe that Robin wouldnt trust her. She knew that Erika was bad news. Why couldnt they see it too? Youre, youre impossible! She ran off crying. Ever since Erika came here she had become quite emotional.
* * *
Starfire walk to Erikas room, she opened the door, and looked around.
She saw Erika lying on the bed, asleep. Raven didnt have anything to worry about Erika hadnt left Titans Tower.
Erika had been asleep for a while when she heard Star fire enter the room. She could tell she was trying to be quite but because of Erikas powers she sensed Starfires thoughts. Wait a second, she sensed her thoughts, that meant she could use her powers again. She sat up on the bed and looked at Starfire.
Im sorry I was too noisy, I woke you up. She said as she hurried out the door.
That was weird. Erikas head felt better so she got up, and walked towards the door. She opened it to find Robin about to knock on her door.
Hey what are doing here?
Well, I, um, I, uh&
Robin? Are you ok?
Uh, uh, yeah.
Youre acting really weird.
I, I, um, I was, uh.
Right, well if you dont mind moving Im going to go find Starfire.
Erika I was wondering if you want to hang out sometime? He said so quickly, she couldnt understand what he was saying.
Youre going to have to relax, and speak slowly if you want me to understand you.
He took a deep breath. This was Erika hed talked to her a million times. It was perfectly normal. But Robin couldnt bring himself to relax. No matter how many times he told himself hed done it a million times he was still freaking out. Never mind.
Ok well Ill see ya later, and if you ever feel like telling me what you said come find me. Naturally with her powers working again she knew exactly what he said, and what he was thinking. She just wanted him to wait till he was comfortable to talk to her. Before he could say anything else shed slipped past him and out in to the tower.
Erika wandered around thinking. What was wrong with her. She knew what she had to do but the longer she stayed here the less she wanted to do it. When she first came here she did a lot of pretending. Pretending to be sweet, pretending to be helping it was all an act, or well it used to be. Now Erika found herself not having to pretend. She really did want them to like her, she really did enjoy spending all her time with them, and most of all she really did want to be here. Erika didnt have her mask any more. She no longer had any need for it. It wouldnt be easy this time. If they interfered she couldnt just throw out her pretending and get rid of them. She had real feelings for them, mostly Robin. Then she realized it was all because of Robin. Shed only hung out with Starfire for barely a day. She didnt talk to Beast Boy any more. Cyborg and her were cool but she wouldnt have any problem handling him if need be. And she would most certainly have no problem eliminating Raven; if it wouldnt blow her cover she would have done it all ready. But Robin would cause her trouble. Mostly he was the only person she talked to, and he looked out for her. Erika didnt want to admit it but she really did have feelings for him. She couldnt destroy him there was no way she could, that only left her one option. Quitting her mission. She wouldnt help her get Terra. She wasnt going to hurt the Titans. Erika had something to fight for now, and she wasnt giving it up.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Rhia24 on August 22, 2006, 11:38:58 AM

Rhia24 on
Rhia24Hey, great chapter. Sort of filler-ish, but still moving things along. Erika's an evil little vixen, but her crush on Robin is so cute! Glad you got over writer's block, and I missed this story. Keep writing, and I hope you get the block thing fixed soon.

Peace, Love, and Peace Out,
~You-Know-Who