Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Return to the Dark Side

The Titans are confronted by a new super powered teen who wishes to hlp them revive Terra
(Please comment)

Chapter 15 - Return to the Dark Side

Chapter 15 - Return to the Dark Side
The woman in black stared down at the girl collapsed on the rock, with only one eye; No doubt trying to figure out what to do next. Then quickly with one graceful movement she reached down and picked her up by the hood of her cloak, never letting Erikas feet touch the ground.

While holding the girl at eye level, she turned her other eye to focus on her face. Erika knew what would happen next and it wouldnt be good. This had happened to her once before however at that time she had asked for it, she had wanted to be strong. This time she didnt want extra power; this time she wished to remain free.

Some how, as if she knew what she was thinking, she released her cloak and dropped her to the ground. Then without hesitation she motioned to Red X. He quickly ran over, and before Erika had time to realize what was happening, he picked her up and held her in his strong grip.

Gypsie walked toward the two of them. Erika saw her focus both eyes into hers. She tried to turn her head away, but her cool hands were already pressed to her temples. Gypsies face was only about two inches from hers. She chuckled lightly and spoke softly but with force. Dont misbehave; itll make things all the more difficult. She knew that she wasnt going down without a fight.

She tried to close out her mind; to put a wall between herself and Gypsie, but it wasnt working. Every time her defenses were shattered.

Quickly she remembered something. Her mind poisoning only worked if she had access to the mind. The easiest way in was through the eyes. She slammed her lids shut tightly. She wasnt going to give her anymore chances; this was going to end now.

Once again she laughed lightly. Then she used her free fingers to pry her eyelids open. She continued to hold them open and stared deeply into the girls mind. As complex as ever, I see you still havent changed. Her left eye, the green one, began to focus more intensely. Her gazer burned through her mind.

Erika screamed loudly in pain. She felt like there was a fire raging inside her mind. It burned intensely and there was no controlling it. A few more moments past with her painful screams, then her eyes went blank and she list consciousness. Her hands fell limply to her sides. Her eyes shut loosely and she was completely limp in Red Xs arms.

She took her fingers off Erikas temples and he scooped her up, carrying her like a small child back across the top of the large boulder.

* * *

Robin returned from hours of searching for her none the wiser. Hed found absolutely no trace of her. It was no longer night; it was actually much closer to noon. The sun shone brightly. Hed searched every where for her, but she was still unfound.

After hed taken care of the R-cycle he glumly walked back into the tower. He was exhausted from spending all night looking for her. His eyelids were heavy and his feet drug lazily across the floor.

Much to Robins disliking, the tower was completely alive. No one was sleeping as he would have wished. This meant he wouldnt be able to make up any of the sleep hed lost last night.

He was surprised to find hed made it to the couch before hed collapsed, causing everyone to stare at him. They all noticed the dark circles that were visible bellow his mask, how limp his body was, and how he made barely moving look like a difficult task. Quickly Starfire was at his side. Without a word she picked him up, cradling him in her arms, and carried him out of the room.

She carefully glided down the winding hallways till she came to the door of his room. Without letting go of him she reached out and grabbed the cool metal handle; lightly pushing down till the door slide open.

She slid into his room leaving the door slightly cracked open behind her. Making her pace quicker, she hurried over to his bed, pulling the quit down with one hand and laying him down with the other.

As she pulled the quilt over him and turned to leave, he began to protest going to sleep. However, Starfire simply raised both hands, palms facing towards him and said, Sleep, you spent all night looking for the lost Erika; do not push yourself too far. After, she quickly left the room closing the door behind her.

* * *

Erikas eyes lightly fluttered open. Her body felt extremely stiff. Just to move her fingers was hard. Her head pounded, but she couldnt remember why. She carefully reached her hand to touch her forehead, trying to avoid more pain. Her head was glazed in sweat and burned under her fingertips.

She softly laid her entire hand across her forehead. Compared to her face her hands felt like ice. When she moved she noticed that she wasnt nearly as stiff. Apparently what ever was wrong was starting to wear off. The longer she held her hand on her forehead the cooler her forehead became. After several minutes her face returned to its normal temperature and she moved her hand back to her side. She slowly sat up and looked around the room.

The room was very familiar, it was her room. The walls were cream colored and the carpet was gold. Thousands of candles lined the wall, although currently none of them where lit. In the far left corner sat her bed. It was the same gold color of the carpet. The floor was very littered with books. Although the room was light in color it was very bright. The room was built underground so there were no windows, no chance for light.
There was a light tap on the door. She swiftly kicked of quilt and hurried to it. She was surprised to find Gypsie standing at her door holding a bottle of Tylenol and a glass of water. She wasnt wearing her boots so she was much closer to her height.

I noticed you were awake and your head wasnt so good, so I brought you something. She said pushing the bottle towards her.

She reached out and took the bottle of Tylenol and opened it with a careful click. She took two of the small capsules and handed the bottle back, taking the glass of water. She shoved the small tablets into her mouth and washed them down with water. In several minutes she would be pain free.

Both girls stared at each other, their faces displaying the same half smile. Gypsie was the first to speak. Well, I suppose we should restart your training as soon as possible. You have a lot to learn before we complete our mission.

She stared blankly for a moment and then realization flashed across her face. Yes we should, today. That way Ill have plenty of time to practice. She laughed smugly at her own comment.

Gypsie turned on her heels and walked down the hallway that led to the main living space of the hideout. Before she made it to the end, she called back over her shoulder. And Erika, the Titans, that word caught her attention Once we are completed they will be no more.

Erika laughed and said, I wouldnt have it any other way.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FirestyleJutsumasterUchiwagirl on November 12, 2006, 9:20:28 AM

FirestyleJutsumasterUchiwagirl on
FirestyleJutsumasterUchiwagirlHey!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome new chapter!! I like Evil Erika way more and Gypsie!!! YAY!!!!! well I know that I already basicaly knew what would happen cause well I won't bring that up again, but any ways great chapter!!! I have another Turney so if u post email me and ill look at it, well once again great!!!
Rai

(Sasuke rocks my socks & Itachi rules way more than school)
(They don't have my fave color so it'll have to do)

Rhia24 on November 11, 2006, 7:58:32 AM

Rhia24 on
Rhia24I loved this chapter! Yay, we're back to DS Erika! Not a whole lot to criticize here. The pace is actually moving pretty well, and the grammar's just fine.

Luv Ya!
~Gabz