Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Memories From a Forgotten Past

The Titans are confronted by a new super powered teen who wishes to hlp them revive Terra
(Please comment)

Chapter 17 - Memories From a Forgotten Past

Chapter 17 - Memories From a Forgotten Past
Slowly life began to return to Collins eyes. Hed sat on the ground motionless for only about five minutes before he returned to his proper state of mind. Erika merely sat by and watched him waiting for the transformation to be complete. She saw the change in his eyes and went over to him. Offering him her hand, she slowly brought him to his feet.

How do you feel? She asked politely but the real curiosity was very strong in her voice. This had happened much different then she had expected and didnt know how it affected him.

Fine, why? Should I feel different?

No, do you know who I am, or for that fact where you are?

Yeah, youre Erika, and Im outside. He responded slightly confused by her questions

Thats not what I meant. I mean do you know what this place is, besides outside.

Nope, not a clue. But if you tell me where I am, then Ill know.

Irritation showed in her eyes as she turned and walked away from him. He noticed this, and placed his hand on her shoulder pulling her back around to face him.

Sorry, I swear I wont do it ever again. I didnt mean to offend you.

He was very sincere with his apologies. Every part of him showed it, so naturally she easily forgave him. She motioned for him to follow her and he did. They were both silent as they walked. Erika was preoccupied by her thoughts. She didnt know what happened and wasnt sure if the mind poisoning actually worked. Then she thought of something she hadnt asked.

Hey Collin?

Hmm, He sounded like shed pulled him from another thought.

I was just wondering what you were doing out here?

Erika, are you alright?

Yeah, Why?

Well youre the one who asked me to come here with you, so you shouldnt be asking me why were here. Youre the one who wanted to come.

Oh, I guess I just forgot, sorry. It was perfect, shed actually done it. Sure she felt sorry that it had to be him, Collin was so nice. It was hard to believe shed actually been able to do it.

Nothing else was said about the matter. So the silence began once again and this time no one bothered to break it. Finally they came to the entrance. She twisted the wheel on top of the valve and it opened to reveal a set of stairs. From the top of them it was easy to see where they led. Quickly, they ran down the stairs, Collin leading. When he came to the end he didnt notice the door and ran right into it. She extended her arms and caught him. Almost as if cued they both began laughing. It echoed loudly in the hallway and hurt her more sensitive ears. After he was placed properly back on his feet, the two of them walked out of the stairway to another door that led to a new stairway.

They walked down them, and through the dismal room. Even though she knew hed never been here before, she was sure that he knew his way around. He still led, when the entered the practice room. Gypsie was once again seated on one of the practice targets meditating.

Her eyes opened quickly when she noticed the two people enter the room. One of them she knew very well, Erika her apprentice. The other ones mind was very different than she would have expected. If she hadnt opened her eyes to she who it was she would have never known. It was the boy that shed seen on the monitor, wandering around outside. Something was wrong, shed watched the monitor until shed seen her perform the technique then shed stopped. However, the side effects of it were immense pain and usually it resulted in unconsciousness that lasted for an hour or so. It was all wrong he shouldnt be standing here in front of her he should still be knocked out.

Greetings, how may I help you? Her words werent directed at Erika.

Uh, He wasnt real sure what he needed or why he came down here. Something in his mind had told him the directions and hed just followed them.

I see then, Although she was still talking to him she had her eyes focused curiously on Erika.

Im not real sure how it happened but he seems to have been effected by it without the side effects. Erika thought not to herself but to Gypsie she also had powers similar to hers, she would hear.

Well then, I think I will leave you two here I have other & matters that I must attend to. Erika practice with &um him till I come back. With that she left swiftly, looking back only to give her the instructions for his training.

Ok then, do you know how to& what I mean is& do you have any experience in self defense?

Yeah, we just worked on it yesterday. You know youre kind of out of it today.

Right, She wasnt quite sure how well shed done with the whole mind switching, but from what she could tell he had either truly been converted, or he was a very good actor, and that was something she highly doubted. Ok, well what did we work on yesterday?

Umm, I dont remember. Its strange really I remember practicing, but I cant seem to remember what we worked on.

Ok, well I guess we could just start from the beginning again, if thats alright?

Sure,

They both dropped to their fighting stances, they were extremely similar. It was strange but she knew there was something wrong with hers, like for some reason it should be something different. Immediately she stood strait once more and tried the stance again. It was still wrong. He retuned to his normal stand staring at her with complete confusion.

What are you doing? Is something wrong?

No, She could imagine what was wrong with her, so she once again took her awkward fighting stance, with him following soon after. It escaped her noticed when he came at her with his quick speed. He was faster than Red X. That would certainly be useful in the long run. His pace was so quick that he was mostly a blur when he ran, and she couldnt even detect what he was going to do in his mind. Next thing she new her face was slammed hard into the ground. The smell of grass filled her nose and chalky dirt filled her mouth. Quickly she spit it out and was on her feet again. She couldnt see Collin anywhere. Without thinking she placed her index fingers on her temples, still nothing. She couldnt trace him anywhere either. Moments passed and finally she got what she knew was coming. This time he hit her head on and sent her flying into one of the tree trunks head first. His potential on the team was very high. Strong and fast, both would be very helpful.

This time she found it much more difficult to stand back up. Her head pounded and her ears were ringing. Her vision was very blurred and everything that should have been stationary was spinning. He noticed her difficulties and went to her side. Slowly, as she eased herself to her feet she saw Collin appear beside her concern vivid in his eyes. That was the first time and hopefully the last time he would make that mistake. Even though it was hard she managed to gain control of his body. He could no longer move.

That would be mistake number one. Her tone was confident, completely free of any compassion. Never lower your defenses, even during practice.

Immense pressure pushed down on his body. He felt like he was about to be crushed flat. Yet no matter how he struggled he couldnt break free. A light smirk played across her lips as she approached him. After he saw that, he knew that there would be consequences for his mistake. As if in slow motion, she shoved her foot hard into his chest. The blow didnt only send him strait back, but made him airborne. When he should of come crashing down he felt her knee slam into his back sending him the other way. He slid across the ground face first. Gaining slight control of his body, he spit out mouthfuls of dirt as her rolled over on to his back. Next thing he knew he lost control of himself again and she sat gracefully on his chest.

The one thing he discovered he still had control of his was his eyes. He moved them to look at her. She sat contently on top of him grinning at her accomplishments. For a moment they just stared at each other. He really had something to ask her but at the moment she was in control of what he could do. Realizing what he wanted she release his mouth, still hold his body completely in her powers.

So Im guessing the lesson is to be a cold hearted killer? He said lightly with a slight laugh in his tone.

Not quite, The same laugh was very clear when she spoke too. The lesson is to keep your defenses up even if the enemy is a friend. I figured that you wouldve already known that, but apparently you needed to learn it the hard way. Youre a good fighter, strong and fast. But you need to learn that not everyone is as trusting as they lead on. Once you learn that I think youll be ok.

Will it be hard?

That depends on how well you learn from your mistakes.

Very well,

Then you should never make that one again, easy as that.

Enough about my fighting skills, Id like to know when you became so good at acting. He said changing the topic, You seemed practically helpless when you hit the tree.

That wasnt acting, that was called trying to attack when you feel drunk. Her comment made both of them laugh. Minutes past as they continued to be carefree, she couldnt remember a time when shed been so free of pressure. Suddenly she fell off him on to her back. Her index fingers placed tightly to her temples and her eyes shut. Images flashed through her mind. They were of people, super powered teens much like her. She knew them, yet she couldnt place names to them. It was memories from her past, a past that she couldnt seem to remember. Because of the images shed released him from her control. He now kneeled over her trying to bring her back to the present.

Gypsie appeared to his side, staring down at her. She searched through her mind but only found what she was afraid of. She had become capable of breaking through the mind control. She scooped her up into her arms and carried her out of the practice room. When she reached the top of the stairs she opened the door and carefully glided down the hallway that led to her room. Once inside, she placed her in her own bed and quickly trying to avoid Collins notice she placed her fingers on the girls temples and sent some of her own energy in to her strengthening her control of her. She nodded to him as she left and then Collin was alone with her once more.

Cautiously he walked to the side of her bed. Her face was glazed over with sweat, and her fists were clenched tightly at her side. For being unconscious she looked rather uncomfortable. Moments passed as he stood beside her bed. Breaking the tension he felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned to find Red X.

Come, she will be alright, she just needs rest. His words were comforting to the boy and he turned and followed him out.

* * *

Many days had past since Erikas vision. She still saw them, but she couldnt place the people or the memories and it was no longer painful. Red X was seated to the left her in a big blue chair identical to the one she was sitting in. To her right was Collin. He sat in a blue chair as well. He was dazed not truly paying attention to what was happening. Across from her sat Gypsie. She smoothed out the paper, which contained their mission information, on the table in the center of them all. Tomorrow would be the day in which all their plans would be carried out. Itd taken much longer than anyone expected, but they finally made it. She explained exactly how it would happen.

Now then, once we are there, Erika youll free Terra. Red X, Collin you will both stand watch we dont need any unexpected guests. And I& well lets just say that Ill do what I have to do then well come back here. Im told that Terra is strong, but shell need training.

Erika then took over the speaking. After we have Terra our goal is the Teen Titans. They must be destroyed in order to take over the city. That will be our main objective. If theyre still around we stand no chance.

Then Gypsie took over again. Are we clear on what we are supposed to do? This must go right or else you will all pay for it. Do I make myself clear? It wasnt really a question they had no choice in the matter. Good, well then tomorrow the fun begins!


















41

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FirestyleJutsumasterUchiwagirl on December 11, 2006, 3:27:36 AM

FirestyleJutsumasterUchiwagirl on
FirestyleJutsumasterUchiwagirlYaY evil plan Evil plan
I know I already know whats gunna happen but i still like to read!!!!!!!!!!! Awesomeness
Dont forget to tell me
Rai
(Sasuke rocks my socks & Itachi rules way more than school)

Rhia24 on December 8, 2006, 6:34:50 AM

Rhia24 on
Rhia24Yay! So Collin's not totally evillized like I thought, but hey! It's starting to build, and you're making me really frustrated here, wondering how it's going to end. Still don't get how the cover relates to it all.....oh well, see ya round!