Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Epilouge: Final Farewell

The Titans are confronted by a new super powered teen who wishes to hlp them revive Terra
(Please comment)

Chapter 20 - Epilouge: Final Farewell

Chapter 20 - Epilouge: Final Farewell
Small rays of sunshine broke through the dark, gray clouds. The air was cold for this time of year and a chilling breeze blew through the already cold air. Robin knelt on the ground staring at the small, gray head stone that was in front of him. Sometimes he reached out and touched the stone, running his hand down the rough texture of the rock.

It had been six months since her death and he had only just began to heal. He came to her grave at least once a week to talk to her, even though her friends told him that coming here all the time wasn't healthy, it made him more complete. If he talked to her he was certain he wouldn't fall apart. Although his friends tried to understand, they couldn't. They could never truly grasp what he was going through.

There was one, however, who came close to knowing his pain. She was able to sympathize with him, and help when he thought the grief would become unbearable. Terra had been saved by Erika, and was grateful for her no matter what the reason was that had led her to do it. She was always ready to give him encouraging words. Ones he knew would someday pay off and he would be able to return from the state he was currently in.

The sun finally broke through the clouds all the way, leaving the sky where they had once been an amazing shade of blue. When the warm sun touched his face he couldn't help but smile. This gesture seemed almost foreign to him. It's been a long time since he'd felt well enough to smile.

“You don't like to see me this way do you? You'd never let me be like this if you were still around, but you're not. You know you're not the only one who wants me to change. All of our friends want me to move on as well. I'm weak now, vulnerable. I just can't get past it.”

He knew exactly what she'd be saying in response to his previous comment. She'd would've argued with him until he'd realized how easy his weakness was to overcome, and that he'd been foolish for ever letting it get in his way.

With another weak smile he picked himself off the ground and spoke to her once more. “I know, I'm a foolish person. I shouldn't let it bother me; it'll only make problems worse.”

He returmed to the R-cycle and sfter one final look back at her grave, he took off for Titans Tower.

* * *

He entered the tower to find Beast Boy and Terra sitting on the couch playing video games. They played Cyborgs knew racing game. He'd only got it a couple of days ago and both of them were already determined to beat his high score. Both of them were enjoying themselves, laughing loudly as they raced towards the finish line trying to run each other off the track. He knew that if Terra heard him she'd stop playing and come to talk to him. He didn't want her to have to give up all of her time just because he wasn't stable at the moment. So he tried to be as quite as he possibly could, but the doors always shut loudly.

She heard the closing door and looked to find Robin trying to sneek past her. She quickly paused the game.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Beast Boy asked the minute the game paused screen appeared.

“It's Robin. Hold on, I'll be right back.”

She got up off the couch and followed Robin into his room, shutting the door behind her.

“Hey Robin, did you have fun.”

“Yeah, something like that.”

“Hm, Isee, well are you doing better?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

“That's good, everyone-”

“You know Terra you don't have to do this.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, not doing what you want just to make sure I'm ok. I don't-”

“I am doing what I want. I'm your friend, I want to help you. Every one wants to help you it's just that no one knows how.

“Robin, Erika saved me. I'm in her debt no matter how evil she was. And I think the only way to repay her is to help you become the person you used to be. The one she knew.”

She looked at him again and noticed he was crying. Then she placed her hand to her face and realized that she was crying as well. She wrapped her arms around him and they embraced for a few minutes. After they released each other, they wiped away their tears lightly laughing the whole time.

“Look at us, we can be so pathetic sometimes.” He said through his unnatural laugh.

“Yeah, oh! I almost forgot. Here, I found this in my room.” She handed him the envolope she'd pulled from her pocket. “I found it in one of my desk drawers. It was addressed to you so I didn't read it.”

He examined the envolope. The front was blank, but the back of it had his name scribbled on it, in hand writing he was certain he'd seen before. He carefully tore the envolope open and unfolded the paper. The paper had the same kind of handwriting on it. He then realixed that he'd seen this handwriting so many times before. He now knew who the letter was from and he slowly began to read it.

Robin,
This is probably something you don't want to hear, but I'm afraid that you need to. I'm not who you think I am, not even close. Day after day I have lied to you and for that I'm truly sorry. I'm not here to help you with Terra, I'm acctually here to take her for my own gain. I am, in fact, an apprentice to a girl who wished to destroy you. I know you will judge me harshly on this matter, but please hear the rest of what I have to say. I am a lyer and a killer, but I could never kill any of you. In fact I won't. I promise you this, I will never kill you for I am not able, and I will never allow any of my comarades to kill you either. I will take your place in death myself befor I even consider breaking this promise. I love you Robin and for that I'll face my biggest fear. Judge me as you will, but I am sorry for everything I have done to you. Forgive me one day for all the trouble I have caused.
Love,
Erika

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Rhia24 on January 20, 2007, 8:15:04 PM

Rhia24 on
Rhia24Awwww....very cute. So, the letter finally came in, and now it's all over. Good job wrapping this one up!