Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - gone away

“Naruto, where are you” Hinata yelled, “I can’t find you!”
“That’s because he’s gone.” Sakura said appearing behind her. “He left this morning, I saw him run through the gates” Sakura’s eyes were watery; Hinata could tell she had

Chapter 1 - gone away

Chapter 1 - gone away


Naruto Sakura. Shikamaru Ino. Asuka Nejii



“Naruto, where are you” Hinata yelled, “I can't find you!”

“That's because he's gone.” Sakura said appearing behind her. “He left this morning, I saw him run through the gates” Sakura's eyes were watery; Hinata could tell she had been crying.

“Why are you so sad?” Hinata asked, to tell the truth, she felt kind of sad too. “It's not like you love him or any thing.”

Sakura just tilted her head forward, letting her hair fall softly over her face. Her eyes watered once more, and a few tears hit the ground. Hinata gasped.

“You do!”

She was answered only with Sakura's quiet crying and the gentle pounding of the rain.

*

“So he really did leave. I didn't think he would listen.” Asuka whispered to herself. She sighed and almost fell from the tree she was sitting on. “Well this might work out for the better.”

“What are you doing now?” Nejii said sitting beside her “spying on people again?”

“No, not exactly.” She said, and pointed at Sakura's sobbing.

“What happened?” Nejii said when he saw her crying.

“He left.” Asuka whispered

“Who Sasuke?” Nejii asked

“No,” Asuka said quietly as if someone was trying to hear. “Naruto.”

“What?” Nejii yelled. But then Hinata looked around, and he said more quietly “It's for Naruto that she cries?”

“Yes.” Asuka remarked

“But how, she hates him.” Nejii said eyes wide.

Asuka looked at him, her face an inch from his. “For someone who can see everything, you see nothing at all.” She smiled, and jumped from the tree, leaving Nejii staring wide eyed at the place she was sitting.

*

Ino sat on a park bench staring over to where Sasuke was training “Ah, Sasuke.” She sighed.

“You're so troublesome.” Shikamaru said. He stood behind the bench “Why do girls like that kind of guy?” He sat down next her.

“You just don't understand us.” She crossed her arms and turned away.

“You're right. Why can't you like someone who might possibly like you back?” He said

“And who would that be?” She turned and looked him in the eyes. His eyes, kind, caring, sad. Not at all like Sasuke, his were dark and cold.

“You wouldn't know.” he turned away trying to hide his blushing face.

“You're right I don't, so tell me.” Ino said, standing up and walking in front of him.

“He doesn't want you to know” He said closing his eyes, telling himself `don't blush, don't blush!'

“He doesn't want me to know, or you don't want me to know?” She asked slyly

It was no use. His cheeks exploded into shades of red. He jumped up, and with a quick “I got to go,” he ran off.

“Heh. I wish he would just tell me. It makes it a whole lot easier.” Ino said to herself, and then smiled evilly “Although… this could be fun.”

*

“It is better, better for everyone that I leave.” He told himself every step he took, trying to get himself to fully believe that lie.

It was dark and rainy, just like it was when Naruto left. He decided to stop and rest a while, for he had been running all day.

“No one likes you; you are unwanted in this village!” Asuka had said

“But-“

“Leave this place you evil fox! Leave and never come back!”

And he had left. For the first time in a long while he had cried. Still even now his eyes glistened. Before he knew it he had fallen asleep.

*

“Really,” Sasuke remarked “she looks fine to me.”

“Her tears are silent, remaining only in her heart.” Nejii said

They were looking at Sakura, though she looked no longer sad like the night before, there was something different, haunting about the way she acted.

Ino walked up to her. “Hi Sakura-chan!” She said with a smile.

She looked up, her eyes cold and harsh. “Don't come near me.” She said in a raspy voice and Ino backed away, looking scared.

“Does she look fine now?” Nejii asked.

*

Every time Ino ran into Shikamaru she would ask “Can you tell me who it is now?” And he would turn away and run. Ino swore that his face was slightly red every time she saw him.

And every time Ino came near him he knew he could no longer keep it in. He would have to tell her sometime soon. But did she already know?

*

Sakura sat on the ground. What was wrong with her? How could she push someone away like that? Now everyone was staying away from her. They were scared of her, and she was scared of herself. She closed her eyes, and again she started to cry. “Why didn't I realize sooner?” She said quietly to herself “Why did you run away? Was it because of me?”

“See?” Nejii said to Sasuke “She loves Naruto.”

“I see.” Sasuke said quietly. Was that a hint of sadness in is voice?

They were sitting near Sakura, close enough to hear her but far enough for her not to notice them. Why was it that Sasuke suddenly felt so sad? He sighed, maybe it was shock. Naruto? Sakura? They just don't mach up.

Nejii looked at him. He looked tired, he looked sad.

“For someone who can see everything, you see nothing at all.”

Sakura suddenly stood up, surprised. She ran off, as if she was chasing someone…

When she finally stopped, she was in front of an old swing. She walked up to it, a few tears welling up in her eyes.

“Naruto!” She said, “Where have you been?” But the Naruto looking up at her only smiled, and disappeared.

“No,” she whispered, then louder cried, “No!” she collapsed on the swing, sobbing.

*


Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

omek on October 3, 2006, 6:20:43 AM

omek on
omekRawr that was mean but make her cry MUAHAHAHAH- ish vbery evil sumtimes-

dragon52 on January 15, 2006, 2:16:49 PM

dragon52 on
dragon52Absolutly excellent please continue.

Ramuk on December 8, 2005, 12:28:57 AM

Ramuk on
RamukMUST READ MORE!!!

Metal_Overlord on October 14, 2005, 7:06:52 AM

Metal_Overlord on
Metal_OverlordHey, are you going to continue this? Naruto/Sakura is high on my list. =)