Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - With snow, comes anew

We all know the drill. You get up, get on the bus, and be shunned by every student. Then comes skool, in which all time is spent memorizing the copyright information of your text book, and accusing Zim of being an alien. Nothing more, nothing less.

Chapter 1 - With snow, comes anew

Chapter 1 - With snow, comes anew


Dib looked at Zim out of the corner of his eye. How probable was it that they were at the same bus stop, on the same day, at the same time? Actually, very likely, considering they were waiting for the skool bus at 7:50 on a Monday… but today was different. Today, things were going to change.



It had rained the night before, but instead of landing with the pitter-patter of water droplets, they had frozen, coming down hard with hail, and soft with snow. It had stopped a while ago, and piles of slush were sitting on the ground, not wishing to melt, not yet.



Zim shivered, his `skin condition,' making his skin green and his ears non-existent, also must have taken his immunity from the cold. Dib knew better, of course. Zim was an alien. One sent to conquer the earth and cause infinite doom upon all humans. Dib was only a big headed kid with pointy hair and glasses.



Zim shivered again, this time harder, and the shaking did not stop, “Darn this humanoid weather! It's too cold,” His uniform, a pink dress, probably didn't help with this kind of weather either, “I hate this stupid weather! I hate this stupid planet! I hate these stupid humans--” Zim's voice cut off with a loud hacking. Dib almost laughed at his pain, but instead, he sighed.



“Here” He handed Zim his black coat, not phased by the weather. He was human. He was used to it.



The alien gave him a weird look, then gladly took the jacket, “Thank you, human slime. I will remember you when I rule the world.”



That wasn't what Dib wanted to hear, but he sighed and pushed passed it. It was going to be his lucky day. He knew it. The bus pulled up slowly, the doors opening with a psshht.



Dib sat near the front of the bus, alone. No one sat next to him, ever. Everyone was always crowded at the back away from him. Zim sat in the front seats too, but on the opposite side, as far away from Dib as possible. It wasn't a problem, especially not today, the bus was big and many of the students were sick, or had opted to stay home from skool on a chilly day such as this.



Dib was right however, today was different. Instead of the doors closing tightly shut (To prevent escape, his sister had told him) and the bus silently gliding off to their inevitable doom that was skool, the doors had been flung open. A girl quickly ran in. She was pretty, her purple hair hanging half way down her back, a grey dress hanging limply, at about ankle length. Underneath where black boots, kind of like the ones Zim wore. Printed on her dress was a smiley, much like Dibs, unsmiling, but the lips were stitched shut.



“S-sorry I'm late,” she panted, probably having run a ways to get to the bus on time, “I'm new and I got lost.”



She sat next to Zim, despite the objection from the other children, including Zim himself. Zim glared at her for a minute, until she said, “Hi, Zim. I'm Zeeme.”



“Hello, Zeem- wait, how do you know my name?” Zim looked at her suspiciously, and she cocked her head to one side, much like a dog.



“Lucky guess?” she stood up, probably feeling unwelcome.



She quickly shuffled across the isle on the bus, to where Dib was sitting.

“Can I sit here?” she smiled a pretty smile.



Dib, entranced in her looks, nodded a yes. He kept his mouth shut, not wanting to look stupid.



“That Zim kid, who is he? I mean his skin is green and he has no ears! Is he like an alien?”



Dib's heart almost bounded out of his chest. He had to keep himself from standing up and screaming “Finally!” Instead he said, “Yes he is an alien, and he wants to take over our world.”



Dib looked in her eyes to see if she was joking around, if at any second she could laugh at his stupidity, and be joined with the mechanical laughter from the others. All he found was trust, and something else. In her eyes, he saw a deep secret, one he was sure he would soon find out.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

toxic_dreamer on June 25, 2006, 7:37:03 AM

toxic_dreamer on
toxic_dreamerhmmm....interesting....I really like the beginning when Dib gave his jacket to Zim....that was nice...don't let the lack of reviews discourage you...most people are just lazy...^_^

Ravens_bad_side on April 21, 2006, 8:15:38 AM

Ravens_bad_side on
Ravens_bad_sideOh, I forgot to say, This is NOT a DibxOC, or ZimxOC, or ANYONExOC. It's all part of a big plot twist. PLEASE READ!!