Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Words of Wisdom

It's about a sea otter named Strike Speedwater, once a cabin boy to a band of sea rats, and a river ottermaid maid named Barkwater Streamtail, a lone traveling otter, and where the road of friendship takes them.

Chapter 5 - Words of Wisdom

Chapter 5 - Words of Wisdom


Strike didn't try to attack Barkwater again. He had heard what the hares had said about tying him up. He never did take his eye off of her though. Barkwater tried to stay as close Sabrepaw as possible.



“Looks like that bloke wants anotha fight, wot wot,” Sabrepaw said to Barky.



“That's exactly why I'm staying near you. I know I'm not gonna sleep in a room next ta him.”



Fwirdle had taken away Strike's dagger anyway, just in case. That only made the otter madder. Strike stomped on every plant he could find, which wasn't very much since they were walking sand. Fwirdle noticed Strike's madness.



“Cheer up chap! Nothin' worse than a long face on the Long Patrol, wot. Huh huh. That's a good un, long face on the Long Patrol,” he straitened up when he saw Strike was looking away. “Listen now. I can tell you're mad at Miss Barkwater over there, bu-“



“Mad!? I'm fuming! She thinks she can do that to me she's wrong!”



Fwirdle looked up at the sky and waited for him to take a breath before finishing. “Look, Sirah! I get mad at Sabrepaw all the time, but we always make up. No since in holding a grudge, as it's not gonna do anything, wot wot. Tell me that.”



Strike glared pure hatred at the hare, but he spoke anyhow, “I don't know. She was getin' on me worst nerves.”



“Still don't make it right to carry a grudge. Just shake it off. I mean, one time I had just baked the best cake ever, don't you laugh! Well I put it on the tabletop, wot, and in comes jolly ole Sabrepaw. She noticed an apple pie on the counter across from my beautiful cake. She leans over and that blasted sabre tips over me cake, wot. I was flippen mad, wot. Wouldn't speak ta her fer days. Then I got ta thinkin', there was no point to it, wot. What was done was done. Can't change the bally past, wot wot. So I told I was sorry fer ignoren her, and she said she was sorry for knocken down me cake, wot.”



“So?” said Strike, not really caring what this cake-baking hare said.



“So? So? Well the flippen point is grudges make no bally sense, wot. There's no point!”



Sabrepaw and Barkwater had been looking ahead for anything.



“Anything?” Barkwater sighed.



“Notin',” Sabrepaw sighed back.



Barkwater looked out at the on going sand dunes. She looked to the right then gazed around her. With out warning, she jerked her head back to the right.

“I… I see something! I see something,” she exclaimed while jumping and pointing.



The other three creatures looked where she was pointing, just in time to see something move in between the dunes.



Fwirdle spoke for them all, “That's not a something, but somethings.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Allester on March 30, 2006, 5:33:53 AM

Allester on
Allesternice 7.6 stars