Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - At the Dragon Council

I am starting a series. The first book, Saffire, is what I'm writing now. Enjoy.

Chapter 2 - At the Dragon Council

Chapter 2 - At the Dragon Council


Rocco, the leader dragon, glared at the two elves. He didn't like Silvertoungue's stories about the elves. He despised them. Some even thought that he was one of the few who started the argument.



The two elves flinched in fear of the big red dragon. Finally the blonde elf stepped up. “I'm Analay, and this is my twin sister Analigh. We are both massagers of His Majesty, King Aepen. I'm telling you, if the elves find the courage to face the dragons, whom, may I remind you, have lived apart from us for decades, then both of our races are in trouble. My mother told me that there is one dragon here who was there when they locked that beast away.”



Silvertoungue stepped forward. “That would be me. I was barely a hatchling, but I remember what happened,” he looked at all the dragons, “and know it's true.”



A black dragon named Coalmun, the son of Rocco, stepped up. “He's old and crazy. Don't listen to him. His stories are all fakes. He-“



Coalmun got no farther because Saffire cut him off. “They true! I know they are! Silvertoungue is very, very wise. If you were even half as wise as he, you would have good sense! If the elves come and talk about he same monster that Silvertoungue talks about, then it must be true,” she cried.



Silvertoungue smiled at Saffire, Coalmun glared at her, and the elves looked in awe.

Analigh, the brunette, whispered something to her sister, who nodded.



Clearing her throat, Analigh spoke loud enough so the dragons would listen to her. “The hatchling speaks the truth. If-“ It was her turn to be interrupted.



“She is not a hatchling. She is just very small for her age. If she was her normal size, she would be up to your shoulder,” said the deep voice of Silvertoungue.



“Oh. Sorry. Anyways, she speaks the truth. If we talk about the same monster as you do, then it must be true. King Aepen would like to request a warrior dragon to help us.”



“NO! No! I will not waste my warriors for the likes of you!” cried Rocco.



Analay glared at him. She was fixing to speak when the voice of Coalmun spoke. “We could send Saffire. She believes in Silvertongue's old fairy tales. Why doesn't she prove they're real?”



A pretty green dragon raced up to Coalmun. She had a cross on her forehead. Her scale color quickly turned from green to purple. “Coalmun! You can't send my sister! You wouldn't send me. Why her. She's barely younger than me!”



“My dear Cross, she wants to prove that the old dragon's stories, let her.”



Cross, Saffire's older sister, looked at Coalmun with eyes that looked like they would burst with tears at any moment. There was silence.



Saffire's voice broke the silence. “Cross, if he wants me to prove it, I will. I'll show you all! I can and will accomplish this.” And with that, she walked up to the twin elf sisters. “I'll help you.”



Both hesitated for a moment then nodded.



As they walked off somewhere, Silvertoungue called to Saffire, “Saffire. If I might have a word?”



Saffire went over to Silvertoungue. “You don't have to do this for me. If you got killed, I would never forgive myself. You've been like a granddaughter to me.”



“Silvertoungue, you have been like a granddad to me, too. But I have to do this. Not just to prove the stories are true, or to show them all that I can do great things, but I guess to show myself that I was born for a purpose and that I can do this too.”



“In that case,” Silvertoungue bent over to touch Saffire with his muzzle, and said some strange words that she didn't know. “That spell will help to protect you. Just chirp, and you will turn into an elf to disguise yourself, but you must wear this so you don't forget what you truly are.” He held out a ring on a piece of string. It glimmered in the sunlight. Saffire bowed her head, and Silvertoungue slipped it over to rest on her neck. “Chirp again, and you will turn back into a dragon, but only if you have this on.”



“I will Silvertoungue. And thank you. I will prove the thing's real, and seal it shut again. I promise.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Allester on April 9, 2006, 11:58:09 AM

Allester on
Allestery hasn't anyone read this tis great 7.9 stars