Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Off We Go

I am starting a series. The first book, Saffire, is what I'm writing now. Enjoy.

Chapter 3 - Off We Go

Chapter 3 - Off We Go


After talking to Silvertoungue, Saffire went to find her mother and siblings. She found her mother, Opalwing, crying. The little sapphire dragon went up to the opal colored one and rubbed against her leg. Her mother looked down at her youngest daughter.



“Oh Siffy! I don't want you to leave. You don't have to yah know, “ Opalwing cried.



“Mom,” Saffire said in an irritated voice, “How many times have I told you not to call me Siffy? And, I'm not just doing this for Silvertoungue; I'm doing this for me.”



Opalwing sniffed. “Well, if you feel that you must, at least let me hold you like I used to.”



“Mom!” But Saffire's protests didn't work. She was in a big opal colored hug. What's worse, some of he friends walked by, jeering and laughing as they did. Two green dragons flew down.



“Mom! You're embarrassing us!” said the female, the dragon Cross. She turned blue.



The other dragon, Deca Jon, pried Saffire from his mother's grip. “Please Mother, let go of Saffire.”



Opalwing let go of her daughter. “I'm sorry, dear,” she said.



Saffire went to the front of her family. “I'm going to leave, as you already know. I'm gonna find that great lump of monster and trap him again. But before I leave, I felt I must say good-bye to you guys first.” She walked over to her mother and hugged her leg, the only part she could reach. “I'll miss you mother, and I'll be careful, I promise.”



“Oh, Siff-“



“Mom.”



“Uh, right. Oh Saffire, I'll miss you, too. Make sure you come back in one piece,” Opalwing cried.



She walked over to Cross, who had turned back to green. Standing on tiptoes, she hugged her sister's neck. “I'll miss you Cross. Well, not our arguments, but who cares right now?”



Cross hugged her only sister back. “I'll miss you too Saffire. I hope you come back and show Coalmun up. And if he still acts like a jerk when you get back, I'll break up him.”



“Well make sure I'll be there.” She went to her brother. She hugged him hard and long before speaking. “I'll miss you sooo much, Jon. You always protected me, and made me smile when I wasn't in the mood. I don't think I will be able to live without you.”



Deca Jon chuckled and held his sister like he used to when she was a little hatchling. Oh, how he missed those days. “I'll think of you everyday, Saffire. Who knows, maybe my thoughts will come to you, and you won't miss me so much.” His foolish grin had come back, but Saffire didn't care. All she cared about right now was the big green dragon that held her right now.



She sniffed. Saffire knew she was going to cry now. The family hugged her in a big bear hug. They would miss her, too. Seatah, her best friend, showed up and was included in the hug.



After one more hug, Saffire sniffed and walked to the waiting elves. She waved to her friends and family. She would miss them dearly.



She had a good idea that this road would no be easy. Find Page; find monster, lock monster in powerful cage, maybe even get elves and dragons back together. Yup, this was gonna be hard.



After a while of walking, Saffire got bored. These elves are so quiet. She thought. Dying to start a conversation, she said, “So you guys are twins, huh?”



“Yup,” Analay said without looking back.



“You guys seem a bit young to be the king's couriers.”



“We know,” Analigh said, just like her sister.



“Don't talk much, do yah?”



“Not really,” said Analay.



“Ever talked to a dragon before?”



“Nope,” said Analigh.



Finally Saffire gave up. These elves weren't going to talk to her, let alone talk at all. The air filled with wind, from that of wings. Then right in front of Saffire landed a mass of bluish-white scales. The little sapphire dragon flung herself at Seatah. “You're coming?” she asked in bewilderment.



“I couldn't let you go alone. From what I heard, elves don't talk much.”



“You have no idea.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

The_wonderfully_evil_Hubert on June 30, 2006, 7:45:17 AM

The_wonderfully_evil_Hubert on
The_wonderfully_evil_HubertTeehe! I like Seatah! She's a good friend.

Allester on April 23, 2006, 11:05:49 AM

Allester on
Allesterheartfelt story brava 7.8 stars