Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Into the Woods

I am starting a series. The first book, Saffire, is what I'm writing now. Enjoy.

Chapter 6 - Into the Woods

Chapter 6 - Into the Woods






As Saffire woke up, she smelled something good. She tried to get up, but found that her body was still stiff. Good morning, Sleeping Beauty, said Seatah. Guess what!











What? Saffire croaked. She took another sniff. Whatever it was, it smelled good.











The twins woke up early and found some mushrooms and some other stuff. But it looks like it might taste good. Analays boiling it in a soup. They call it something, um&.











Kippernick Mushrooms, said Analigh, who was sitting beside Analay, with a smile. We elves make it when we are traveling.











Analay came over and produced a bowl with brown stuff and big chunks in it. The dragons crinkled their noses at the look. Analay laughed. It tastes a lot better than it looks, she said.











Saffire and Seatah took a sip. Thats good! exclaimed Seatah. She began gobbling it down, earning a hearty laugh from the elf twins.











After Saffire finished her portion, she realized it was the elves, her and Seatah. Where are Thorn, Ruby and Shey? she asked.











Analigh took a sip of her soup, not looking up. Shey said he thought he found a short cut. As if. I offered to help him, but that is one stubborn brownie. Ruby started flying after him as soon as he left. And as for Thorn, you know she never leaves Rubys side.











Just as soon as the elf said this, Ruby flew down with Shey, who didnt look too happy that Ruby had followed him, on her back. Thorn flew in Seatahs face. We found a shortcut!! Just a few hours fly! The good news had everyone up and packing with a smile on their faces. Well, of course not Shey.











When everything was packed and ready, Analay got on Seatah, Analigh on Saffire, and Shey on Ruby. The dragons lifted off with their powerful wings, Ruby leading the way.

















After an hour or two, the group spotted trees. A smile never left the twins faces as they flew. Another hour and they were in the trees. Analay and Analigh jumped off and almost hugged the trunks. Were home! Analay exclaimed.











It was too thick to fly, so they walked. Rubys massive body was just small enough to fit between trees, but her ruby scales scratched here and there on the bark.











After passing a few trees, the elves started to get worried. They whispered to each other constantly. Ruby finally got annoyed enough to ask, What in the name of the Dragon Plains are you two talking about? We all know its bad! Spit it out!











The twins exchanged glances. Well, Analay started slowly, as Im sure you know, the elves&.











Despise dragons, Analigh finished her sister. They started to speak each others sentences. And brownies&.











Are considered unclean and pests. And faeries&











Havent been seen around in ages. But&











We need someone to come with us through the town&











But you cant.











This worried everyone greatly, everyone except Saffire. The small sapphire dragon looked down at the ring Silvertoungue had given her. She thanked him with all her heart. Saffire gave out a single chirp and began to glow and change shape. Everyone watched in awe. When the glowing was over, a young elf with light hair and blue highlights, dressed in blue clothes and deep sapphire dragon eyes stood in the spot a small sapphire dragon had stood not too long ago.











Saffire looked herself over, looked up at the others and said, Lets go.





Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Allester on August 11, 2006, 6:54:28 AM

Allester on
AllesterWow awesome 8 stars

The_wonderfully_evil_Hubert on July 15, 2006, 4:49:37 AM

The_wonderfully_evil_Hubert on
The_wonderfully_evil_HubertThat's so cool! PLEASE keep writing!!!!!!!!!!