Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Ren's Day

Crossover with Shaman King and Tokyo Mew Mew:

Ren remembers Kishu as an imaginary friend he had long ago; and when his friend Yoh brings up the matter of his family and asks Ren if there are any other relatives he has that might be dangerous, Ren has a

Chapter 3 - Ren's Day

Chapter 3 - Ren's Day






Chapter 2: Rens Day













Ren was leaning on a tree. Yoh and Horo Horo were leaning over a map arguing about which way to go next, they were currently searching for Patch Village. Ryu was next to Ren combing his hair and staring dreamily at Lyserg who was staring at the ground, looking depressed, as usual.





But, Dude! Were right here, next to that patch of trees! exclaimed Horo Horo rapidly pointing at the map.





No, were down by that river! replied Yoh pulling the map towards him.





We havent even seen a river in the last two days! said Horo Horo crossing his arms over his chest.





Youre both wrong! said Ren in his usual slightly British accent, walking over to the map. We are right here! You see that little field? Ren pointed to a large open space of light brown on the map. We passed that field only about 30 minutes ago. So logically, we should be about half an hour down this way. Ren traced an invisible line down the map for a few centimeters. There! Thats where we are. He said proudly leaning on another tree.





Oh, I see! Duh! said Horo Horo grinning.





It is starting to get dark, Yoh. Said Amidamaru, appearing out of no where.





And cold too. Said Yoh pulling his sleeves over his hands. Cold? Ha! This is nothing! said Horo Horo. Right, Kororo? Kororo smiled and mumbled something no one understood.





In my country, it would get as low as 33 degrees below zero. Said Ren.





Whats with you and the number 3? asked Horo Horo annoyed.





Not to interrupt& mumbled Lyserg. &But we should be setting a fire or something, eh?





Ah, great idea Lyzerg! exclaimed Ryu patting Lyzerg on the back.





All right. Ill go and get some fire wood. Said Ren starting towards the deep wood.





Ill come to! exclaimed Yoh, walking after him.





If you must& mumbled Ren.





Ren and Yoh walked into the woods and started to gather any sticks they could find.





So, um& Ren? asked Yoh a little hesitantly,





What. Replied Ren quickly.





Well, weve fought a few of the Tao family members& began Yoh.





And? asked Ren.





Well, do we have any other members of your family we should be aware of? I mean, besides Jun and your dad& said Yoh trying for a smile.





No. was all Ren said.





Okay. Said Yoh, grabbing a stick.





There was awkward silence for the next few minutes.





Yoh glanced over at Ren. It looked like he was in a trance. It was like he wasnt even paying attention to the world. He was just staring at nothing.





Ren? Are you okay? asked Yoh.





There was no answer.





Ren? said Yoh again. He put his hand on his shoulder.





What? said Ren all of a sudden. oh, sorry& he said grabbing another stick.





Youre acting kind of funny? Here, have some granola. Yoh pulled out a piece of granola from his pocket.





I dont want any. Said Ren, turning his back.





Come on, itll help you feel better! said Yoh waving it in his face.





I said no. said Ren sharply.





All right, your loss& said Yoh eating a piece. For the next 5 minutes neither of them spoke.





We better get back, this is probably enough. Said Yoh starting back.





K& said Ren following.





They returned to the camp site about 30 seconds later.





REN! exclaimed a voice. It was female.





Ren turned around, startled. There was a tall girl with green hair, standing next to a tall man with purple skin. Jun? he said frowning. What are you doing here?





RENNY! she yelled grabbing him, and hugging him. I missed you SO much, did you miss me? Pyron and I have been searching for you for so long!





Jun! I said never to do this in public! said Ren pushing her away. He heard giggling behind him, and his pointy hair grew slightly. Why are you here?





Oh, brother! I was so lonely! I couldnt stand being away from you for so long! I had to come and find you! said Jun finally letting him go.





God& you cant even stand being away from me for a month, Jun? said Ren crossing his arms.





I tried, I tried so hard Renny! But I just missed you to much! she said giving him a huge kiss on his forehead.





Ren pushed her away. Stop this! he exclaimed, wiping the lipstick off his forehead. You are very bothersome& he muttered under his breath.





Did I embarrass you in front of your friends Renny? I am so sorry& said Jun sadly.





Rens frown grew and he stared down at the ground.





Yeah, are you embarrassed Renny? said Horo Horo chuckling like a school boy.





Shut up& said Ren coldly.





The others laughed for a few seconds, and then stopped when they saw the anger in Rens face. Just, make some dinner. Ren said to Jun.





Sure! Pyron and I got brought some food. Said Jun. Pyron reached into a sack, and pulled out some bread and other foods.





Great! Its been a while since weve had anything descent to eat! said Ryu gazing at the food.





Jun made some sandwiches, and then they ate a good meal for dinner.





Ah, that was good! said Horo Horo lying on the grass. Hed eaten at least 3 sandwiches.





Arent you going to have any, Ren? asked Yoh offering him a tuna sandwich.





What? Oh, no thank you. Said Ren, staring up at the sky. Wait a second-whats this? said Ren reaching into Lysergs bag, which was left lying open in front of him. He pulled out a clear plastic bag with white powder in it. Is this&.what I think it is? asked Ren staring hard at Lyserg.





WHAT? NO, ITS UM&. ITS SUGAR! exclaimed Lyserg snatching the bag from Rens hand. ITS NOT DRUGS! OF COURSE NOT! he said stuffing it into his shirt.





Whatever& said Ren. He lied down on the ground and closed his eyes.





Yoh yawned. Im going to bed. Night guys& he said lying down.





They all followed and were soon asleep. That night Ren had a dream, or to him, it seemed more like a nightmare.











Rens Nightmare:













Ren was standing in an old house, his old house. It was a little less decrepit than he remembered it was when he was there last. It also seemed bigger& Or, was it that he was smaller? He looked down at himself, he was a lot smaller, and his fingers seemed stubby and tinier. Everything suddenly began to merge together, it was fading into darkness. He took a step forward and glanced around. Everything that was there was now gone. He stared forward, there was something materializing in front of him. He tried to focus his eyes on the image. He knew that figure& but from where? Who was he?





Hello, little brother, you are smaller than I would have figured. It said. Ren tried to focus his eyes further, it was still so blurry.





Brother? He said stepping closer. His vision was clearing. That guy, his brother? Ren remembered him, but couldnt remember from where? What do you mean?





Oh yes, thats right, you dont remember me do you brother? Well, my name is Kishu. He said landing in front of Ren.





Kishu& Ren said as his vision came back to him.





Thats right, the last time I saw you, and you were just an infant. Kishu smiled. Ren remembered seeing him before, or was it all a dream? It could possibly be true that he was his brother. His ears& They were enormous. Yes brother, its true, have no fear.





But& You are not real; its not even possible& Ren said stepping back.





It is possible, and it is true. Kishu said with his smile growing into a smile that looked evil. And I will be seeing you very soon& Kishu began to laugh, it scared Ren.











Ren awoke with a start in a cold sweet. He felt fear searing through him. Oh god& he muttered.





Master? said Bason appearing from no where.





Brother? woke Jun. She was wiping sleep from her eyes. Whats the matter?





The others woke as well, with the exception of Lyserg, who was still sleeping peacefully stroking the drugs under his shirt. They were staring at Ren who was breathing heavily.





Did you have a nightmare, brother? asked Jun reaching a hand over to him.





Its nothing! exclaimed Ren. Im&going for a walk&. He said getting up quickly. He stepped out of the camp and practically ran into the woods.





He weaved through branch after branch, with Bason floating close behind him, until finally he came to a clearing. He sat on a fallen tree and put his face into his hands. He was still breathing heavily, and he couldnt get a hold of himself, he felt like the shadows were crawling towards him. What is wrong with me? Ive never been scared before&. Thought Ren swallowing hard.





Master&. Mumbled Bason sadly.





Ren felt a hand on his shoulder, and quickly turned with a startled yelp to see Jun standing next to him.





Brother? What is wrong with you? she said sitting next to him.





Nothing&its nothing& he said staring at his feet.





Ive never seen you so frightened brother. What happed in your dream? Was it him? said Jun thoughtfully.





What did you say? he said turning to her quickly. How did you-





You may not remember brother, but when you were small you used to have quite a few nightmares, and you acted the same way. They were all about him&..our brother Kishu& she said hugging him.





She is right master. I remember that as well. You were very small. Said Bason.





So&.hes real? Ren said frowning. A memory came back to him of this exact same situation, from a long time ago.





Of course he is Ren&.He left a long time ago, you were so young, its a wonder you even remember him at all. She said smiling. I was 10, and I hardly remember.





I dont remember him when I am conscious, only when Im sleeping. Said Ren looking up at her.





Well, maybe its for the best. I doubt we will ever see him again. Said Jun.





But, in my dream&he said he will see me soon? What does that mean?





I dont know brother. It was just a dream.





Maybe youre right& said Ren staring back down at the ground.





Now, what do you say we get back to camp? said Jun grinning.





Sure. Said Ren with a slight smile.





They got up, and headed back to camp. But Ren had a strange feeling, something was about to happen.





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment