Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - End of Part 1

This is a story I recently thought up.
A game inspired me to make this.

Chapter 4 - End of Part 1

Chapter 4 - End of Part 1
"Layla?! What are you doing here? You have to leave, now!" I tried pushing her back. She didn't push back very hard, but I knew she noticed shomething was wrong.
"Is something wrong, Jet? Is she in there?"
"No, I--"
"Oh, I see. You want some alone time with HER, don't you?! Well, I'm sorry to have barged in." She turned and started walking away slowly, as if begging me to change my mind.
"Layla, it's not like that. You can't be near me anymore. You're putting yourself in danger!" Apparently, she took it the wrong way.
"What? YOu think Trey's going to do something about it? Hah! Like I would ever let him do that to you." She didn't seem to remember yesterday. Sounds just like the typical girl.
"No, it's Llia! I watched... Well, er... I...."
"Spit it out, man!" I lowered my voice
"I watched her kill Nila..." She looked at me in a funny way then laughed.
"You're joking, right? I'm probably on some gay reality TV show. Alright, show me the cameras! I knew you wouldn't have fallen for another girl so easily." She just doesn't get it, does she?
"Layla, I'm not kidding! You're in serious danger!"
"Yeah, we wouldn't want anything happening to you, would we?" Llia said, wrapping her arm around Layla from behind. Her body was free of blood, regardless of the stabbing and gushing coming from Nila. "Layla, he's just joking. Haven't you noticed he does this kind of thing a lot? I expected you of all people to have noticed, right, Jet?" She looked at me and winked. I knew what she was thinking, and I got nervous. If I didn't do as she commanded from now on, she'd probably kill Layla too. And then me...
"Yeah,... Right... Just joking, Layla." I said in a low voice.
"Run along now, Layla. Me and Jet have business we must attend to." She turned her around and pushed her forward.
"Alright,... Jet, you be careful, okay?" Layla said walking away. Llia turned back to me and hugged me. She raised her mouth to my ear and whispered.
"You tell anybody and I will kill them immediately. As for you, I like you. I think I'll let you live, for now. You got that?" I nodded. She ushered me to my bed and dropped me on it. "I've been feeling kinda depressed lately. Do you mind cheering me up?" I shook my head. "Good." She layed on top of me and started removing my clothing while making out with me heavily.
The next day, I returned to school with her again. For once, nobody was staring at me. Everyone's face was plastered in todays newspaper. I know what's in it, considering what happened yesterday. But Llia handed me a rolled up newspaper. I took it and unrolled it. The headline said in huge bold letters: STUDENT OF JAZZ HIGH FOUND DEAD, FIRST REPORTED HOMICIDE IN 20 YEARS. I gasped, suprisingly. I didn't know it was 20 years, I thought there was at least one more recent than that. Every head turned to me, and, once again, Trey popped out of nowhere.
"I bet he did it! This little bastard freak killed Nila! Let's get him!" Trey started marching towards me, followed by just about every other student in school. Layla ran in front of him and stopped him.
"Come on! YOu don't honestly believe Jet killed her, do you?" She turned her head to me. "Did you?" She was starting to realize what I said yesterday was true. She looked at Llia and I could recognize fear in her eyes.
"No, of course he didn't!" Llia said, stepping in front of me.
"Then you did it!" Trey started walking towards us again. This time, Layla didn't stop him. We started stepping back until we bumped into the campus-cop.
"Alright, what's going on here?" He said, standing all tall and mighty.
"Those two losers killed Nila!" Trey said, making a fist.
"Did they now? Then you two will have to come with me." He grabbed us, and dragged us to the Discipline Office. The others knew we probably weren't going to get in trouble because some of the teachers, including the campus-cop sympathized me. The office was small, because kids these days don't get into as much trouble for all the misdeeds they cause. A short old woman sat at the desk and only glanced at us as we walked by. He pushed us into the next room, with another desk, and two leather chairs. He sat down behind the desk and motioned for us to sit down. We did as we were told.
"I see we have more trouble to deal with, Mr. Shikim. I know you didn't do it. You never do anything wrong. It's that Trey kid who should be in here, but I'm not allowed to bring him in unless I've seen what happened personally. Or, if one of the teachers tell me. I think one of the problems might be that some of the other teachers see you as... Different. As you may already know, difference in this town counts for a lot of things. It's full of racists. I've only been here for two years, but I can see the difference between here and the last place I was stationed. You must understand, I'm here to help you, Jet. You probably have heard that from several other teachers who decieve you, but I truly am here to help. Now, as for you, Miss Tetsuda, I'm not sure what to expect. I don't think the teachers dispise you as much as they do Jet, but you haven't been here very long for me to make an examination. I see Mr. Shikim's misfortune has rubbed on you as well, thanks to Miss Lyune. When her sister, Maya Lyune was here, we had no problems with her. Her boyfriend, Rije, had similar problems to you and Mr. Shikim here. I honestly do not know what to think of Layla now that she has done this. I suppose I should call her parents and let them know what she's been up to." I interrupted him.
"There's no need. I can do it myself." Llia shot a quick glance at me. She knew I was trying to bail Layla out of trouble. I don't think she liked it because of what she said next.
"Actually, Jet, I was thinking of having a talk with her myself. Alone. I'm sure we can come to an agreement." Llia smiled.
"I'm afraid I cannot allow it," he said. "With these rumors floating around, I don't know what to think. I advise you stay away from her for awhile until they die down." Here was something I didn't hear earlier.
"Rumors?" I said. "What rumors? I don't think people randomly blaming Llia for doing anything with no evidence counts as a rumor." Actually, I don't know very many things very well. I had no idea what I was talking about.
"The rumors I'm talking about is that some people saw and heard Llia talking with Nila before her murder." I wasn't prepared for this. People now had reason to believe that Llia killed her. "Anyway, we should wrap this up. I just spent your entire first period, and your second period is about to start. Is there anything you two would like to say to me before we end this?" We shook our heads. "Alright, I'll write you two a pass." He took out a little notebook and wrote us a pass to class. We took it and left. For the rest of the day, we were both silent. Llia walked with me home instead of randomly appearing out of nowhere at the last minute. Once we were out of sight of the school, she grabbed my hand. I turned to her, and she was shaking like a leaf.
"Is something wrong?" I said. She pulled me towards her and embraced me.
"Don't leave me, no matter what I do, okay?" She said, tearing up.
"...Alright." I said, hugging her. There was a question I always wanted to ask her, although I didn't think it was important, so I held it in. When we got to my house, I asked her. "Have you done this before?" I said. She nodded.
"My father was a bounty hunter that sometimes worked for the wrong side. Often times, people would chase him home, and I would have to defend myself. My mother died this way." Her voice was cracky.
"Did your father die?"
"No, he's in England right now, carrying off another assassination. He's been there for the past two days, so he doesn't know what's happened yet."
"Oh... When does he get back?"
"If it goes well, he'll be back by the beginning of next month."
"Do you think he'll like me?"
"Probably. He'll be excited to hear that I've finally got a boyfriend out of all the guys that submit to me the second they see me."
"Alright... Are you feeling okay, though?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean if you want to... If it'll make you happy..."
"Alright. I accept." She kissed me again.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TearJerker on October 19, 2008, 11:09:02 AM

TearJerker on
TearJerkerI like this chapter too