Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Bedtime

Drabble. LightxL. Sometimes, being handcuffed together caused a few problems.

Chapter 1 - Bedtime

Chapter 1 - Bedtime

Warning: Shounen-ai.

Pairing: Light x L

Disclaimer: The only time they’re mine is when I’m alseep.

Bedtime
At the beginning, Light and L had tried to sleep in two separate beds. Because of thechain that bound each to the other, one often ended up falling to the floor in the middle ofthe night, or tangling the blankets and the metal into an impossible knot. Both realized itwould be easier to share a bed.
The first night, L took up too much of the space, as he curled into an odd position.Light still found himself crashing to the wooden floor; having lost his balance in anattempt to avoid his shifting bedmate.
One night brought crumbs in between the sheets, another and Light possessed all ofthe covers.
The problems seemed endless, but eventually, after enough time, the nightly hasslelessened. A ‘no food in bed’ rule was established and L used a prodding counter attackwhenever Light took more than his fair share of blankets.
At some point, something changed dramatically. Instead of silent goodnights, Lightbegan to kiss L gently before settling down for sleep. Sometimes they simply talkedabout things; the future, dreams, themselves, their lives.
---
It had been a long day that had gotten the investigation no where. The room was stillfaintly lit as the two moved to the bed. Light, as usual was the first to slip beneath thesheets, he lifted them in invitation to the man who shared his bed. L turned off theremaining lamp and quietly joined Light upon the mattress.
“Goodnight, Ryuuzaki” it was whispered, and followed by a loving and tender kissfor pleasant dreams.
“Goodnight,” L instantly curled himself around the other boy, and smiled as Light’sarms entwined around his body; insurance that the other wouldn’t be forced from the bedto the floor later that night without taking his lover with him.
They had solved all their problems.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

charlie9 on November 19, 2006, 4:35:28 AM

charlie9 on
charlie9Very awsome!!! i love ure style, very nice. Th at is al l.

brent on November 14, 2006, 2:57:14 AM

brent on
brentyeah, what a compromise.

sirena on June 24, 2006, 7:17:36 AM

sirena on
sirenahaha.what a compromise